Review Of Super Eurobeat Volume 159

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jion

Review Of Super Eurobeat Volume 159

Post by Jion » 25 Jun 2005, 17:34

New Super Eurobeat with a modified grading system. Here we go!

* * * * * - Amazing song and one of my favorite songs on the album. Absolutely great! A song I had to repeat as soon as I finished hearing it the first time.
* * * * - Great strong song with many impressive elements. Very impressive and solid all around.
* * * - Average song. Not bad but not amazing either. Has that “I’ve heard it before” feeling or just not too thrilling to deserve a higher grade.
* * - Not too impressive. Has an element here and there that I found interesting but for the most part, needs work.
* - Don’t like it at all. Simple as that.

1.Lolita - Loving Tonight (A-Beat C)

Easier to call this Easy 2005. The song just sounds like every other Lolita song (especially Easy) and there’s nothing new about it except for the arrangement which was very nice. Average song and typical Lolita which means it’s not bad at all.

2.Melissa White – Fine (SCP Productions)

Amazing trance effects from SCP again. The first time I heard this song I had to replay it. Her voice is phenomenal and the feeling you get from listening to it just makes it even better. Awesome!

3.Franz Tornado & Bazooka Girl - Motto-Motto Inamoto (Caballero Remix) (HI-NRG Attack)

Previously released on Paraparamoo 1 by HI-NRG Attack, musically it’s the same exact song as Caballero With Sombrero. The only difference between these two songs is this; new lyrics (though most of the lyrics are actually used from the old song) and the screaming of “INAMOTO!” by some random girl. The song really hasn’t changed and it seems really useless to make a redo of an already good song. Nothing new at all to be honest; if you liked the old version, you’ll like this one but it’s nothing new.

4.Stylophones - Never Say Goodbye (Time Records)

Love the singing in this song and much better than the previous Stylophones song. Extremely clean sounding and one of the best intros to a song in all of Eurobeat. It’s just so beautiful. Time doing Eurobeat right!

5.Vicky Vale - My Body Sweat (Delta Corp.)

Awesome intro to the song as well. Clara laughing makes her sound really hard ass here in this song. The synths are really nice and the singing is strong. Great song.

6.Sophie - Eternal Simphony (Time Records)

It’s been quite a while since I heard a song by this artist where I actually had to repeat it. Much like Stylophones’ song, it’s just incredibly beautiful. I actually got addicted to this song very easily. If Time keeps releasing music like this, I’m gonna be extremely happy for years to come.

7.Karen - Love Forever (A-Beat C)

It’s almost as if A-Beat C took a cue from SCP and went down the trance path! The phenomenal vocals by Karen Wainwright mixed with intense synths. Beautiful introduction as well. The song just screams amazing!

8.Madison - Special Love (Delta Corp.)

Glad to see the name Madison again. The song sounds like a whole lot of other female songs on Delta but it is rather subdued. It’s almost like Eurobeat mixed with elevator music. It’s very tranquil compared to other songs by Delta (or other labels for that matter). Not bad but very tame and subdued compared to other Madison songs. Very nice to listen to though.

9.J.A.F. - Beat On (Time Records)

Another name for Mike J. The best song for this artist but it still has that similarity to other songs by Time. Very very similar to Speed Car. I’m glad though that Time has decided to use this artist more often. Not horrible, but nothing new really. I will say this though, it is very catchy and didn’t turn me off like the other two songs did.

10.Ricky M. - Love Is Power (A-Beat C)

Killer rockish introduction to the song. The guitar is used all the way through in this song which is a huge plus in my book. When the singing actually starts however, this song seems to lose some luster. Average A-Beat C song but Jane was better than this.

11.Betty Blue – Changes (LED Records –Vibration-)

Wow… My second favorite song from the album behind a certain duo from some unknown label called SCP (end sarcasm). The singing is beautiful and the music is typical Vibration with some additional quirks. The background vocals add so much to this song. If I had to compare it to other songs, it’s sounds like a mix of Let The People Say by Regina and Fantasy by Melissa. Very great stuff!

12.Cody - Solid Rock (Delta Corp.)

Take every D.Essex and Niko song, mix them, add the new singer, add some tranceish effects and you get Solid Rock. All I gotta say is that I hope they release more songs by Cody and Jean Love since they have really shown their skill on SEB. SOLID ROCK!

13.Brian Ice - I Believe In Lovin' You (A-Beat C)

Sounds a lot like a Eurobeat Disney song. Not sure why this song was on Initial D since it’s rather calm compared to the hard edge speed of Initial D. Anyway, the singing is on spot and the music sounds really epic. Very cool and beautiful.

14.Priscilla - Dancing Days (Delta Corp.)

Clara again. Rather average and not too thrilling. It’s pretty much filler for this SEB. Nothing much to comment on except the excellent singing by Clara Moroni. Vicky Vale is a much better showcase of Clara’s work on this album.

15.Go Go Girls - Nothing Can Stop The Music (A-Beat C)

Biggest disappointment of the album in my opinion. It’s just a glorified Lolita song. Again as before with Lolita, if you’ve heard any Lolita song, you can pretty much piece this song together. Definitely doesn’t sound like a Go Go Girls song at all. Definitely with Nuage, Mickey B. or Domino could this song have been better.

16.Neo - Go Go Money (A-Beat C)

Giacomo Caria sure seems to be following in his fathers footsteps with a nostalgic track name. The singing is crazy good! The only flaw in this song is the repeat of the word “money” way too much. What’s really cool is right before the verse where the music eases off a little and you hear “get money go get money” really softly. Gave me chills! The effects rule. The song as a whole rules! Very impressive!

17.Dave & Nuage - Don't Make Me Cry (A-Beat C)

Very soft and strong vocally. The bass line seems something out of early Eurobeat which fits the clean music. Both artists have effects done to their voices but it’s not too dramatic to the point where you get annoyed. The singing is phenomenal. The music as a whole is also very strong. Not as killer as Car Of Your Dreams but the song is extremely good.

18.Go 2 - Funky Funlover (SCP Productions)

THE BEST SONG OF THE ALBUM! Significantly better than Not For Sale, which is something hard to say seeing as how amazing that song was. Where as Fastway took the lead in Not For Sale, Ace takes the lead in this song. The rappish sounds added to this song periodically add so much to such a great song. The announcer and the computer sounds at the beginning, middle and end sound so great! I could go on and on but it’s definitely on par with Wonderful Feelin’ as my favorite song released by SCP on SEB. It probably will edge Wonderful Feelin’. Just wow!

Overall Grade - * * * * 1/2
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Jun 2005, 08:42

8) I just saw this same review on eurobeat Evolution site. Still a great review though :)

Jion

Post by Jion » 27 Jun 2005, 19:07

drnrg wrote:8) I just saw this same review on eurobeat Evolution site. Still a great review though :)
I put it on both because I know some people don't go to this site and vice versa.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 29 Jun 2005, 21:59

When i first looked at the tracklist i noticed that there was a track called Neo - Go Go Money and i was thinking that this track is the best in this volume, and later on i saw that it was A-Beat C, my predictions grew. Then i heard the track and i was right :)

Neo - Go Go Money (5+ of 5)
Truly amazing, the singing pleases my ear. the melody is somekind of good'ol SEB but still it has suprisingly fresh breeze on it, chorus kicks ass too
Cody - Solid Rock (5 of 5)
Like our own tarzan said, mix of Niko and D.Essex, works like a trains WC
Brian Ice - I Believe In Loving You (4½ of 5)
Pleasant singing with airy chorus
Go 2 - Funky Funlover (5 of 5)
Ok.. long waited Go 2 are back and with style, this song is better than Not For Sale. That Stephen Hawkins is kinda cool
Ricky M. - Love Is Power (4½+ of 5)
Reminds me of Ace Warrior and that's a good thing. Fast, Powerfull just the way i like it.
Dave & Nuage - Don't Make Me Cry (4 of 5)
That clapping baseline reminds me of pure eurodance, back in the days :P
Not exactly Car Of Dreams, but good song in anyway.

Melissa White - Fine (4 of 5)
SCP takes a step to eurotrance-scene, this track could be in some european trance compilation, theres still eurobeatish feeling on it, luckily.
Karen - Love Forever (4 of 5)
A-Beat C proves that they can do eurobeat with airy trance tunes too.
Not a bad result, the songs is like honey to my ears, only thing.. the chorus needs little more edge on it

Madison - Special Love (3 of 5)
Okay we are still on the good side here, not much to say.. this song doesn't get on my nervers, quite good synth.
Lolita - Loving Tonight (3 of 5)
In this songs Lolitas singing style reminds me of Nuage's style. Not a very special song, not bad, not exelent, okay
J.A.F - Beat On (3 of 5)
Guitar in the background sounds good. Bit "Speed Car" feeling on this
Betty Blue - Changes (3 of 5)
Not much to say, good, not special. Chorus is good, synths are basic Vibration

Other songs were okay as well, only few bad songs. I'm too lazy to write something about the rest of them, nothing remarkable. :P

RATING: 4 of 5
This volume reminds me earlier SEBs (like ~110-130). Few awesome songs and couple of good songs. Not bad compilation at all.
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties