Does Initial D cause a song to become overrated?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Does Initial D cause a song to become overrated?

Post by KitsuneStar » 05 Jul 2005, 05:25

I personally think so. There are a lot of songs that just don't seem to be all that good, but because of their appearance in Initial D, they become highly sought-after and considered to be higher quality ("Speed Car" immediately comes to mind...)

Are the any songs the rest of you think Initial D caused to become thought of as much better than they really are?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 05 Jul 2005, 13:26

I agree completely... per say look at the 4th stage... it's been going on for quite some time now. A new ep comes on with a song from an old seb and suddenly everybody thinks it's the best one ever even though it's been out for ages and nobody cared for it before.
But it's just me.. Don't like ID myself =p

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 05 Jul 2005, 17:06

I haven't seen Initial D yet, and it's not exactly something I want to go out and do right away or anything.

I completly agree though; songs that are played on/in Initial D tend to get more publicity then other songs in eurobeat that are FAR better. Not to say songs in the show are bad, becuase they have a lot of good songs. Still, some songs are pretty genaric and don't seem like anything worth mentioning.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Jayveemon

Re: Does Initial D cause a song to become overrated?

Post by Jayveemon » 05 Jul 2005, 17:27

KitsuneStar wrote:("Speed Car" immediately comes to mind...)
Yes
Yes Yes
Speed Car is ::barf:: And another one is Go Beat Crazy and Revolution, ugh not that great of songs... why do people love em so much?

orochi
Eurocurious

Post by orochi » 06 Jul 2005, 00:41

And how could anyone forget Forever Young.
Granted it is not such a baaaaaaaad song, but it was simply overlooked when it was released pre-ID magic-dust.
But the biggest amount of magic dust was given to Speed Car which is the most monotone, grumpiest, roughest voice and pile of crap when I heard it the first time in SEB155.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 06 Jul 2005, 01:09

orochi wrote:And how could anyone forget Forever Young.
Granted it is not such a baaaaaaaad song, but it was simply overlooked when it was released pre-ID magic-dust.
But the biggest amount of magic dust was given to Speed Car which is the most monotone, grumpiest, roughest voice and pile of crap when I heard it the first time in SEB155.
Agreed totally about Forever Young. Nobody looked twice its way before and now it's so respected all around for some reason. Next thing they put in a Kiki & Kika song about everybody hates and then it becomes huge.

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 06 Jul 2005, 01:24

Bore wrote:Next thing they put in a Kiki & Kika song about everybody hates and then it becomes huge.
No kidding. That sounds right.

I actually liked Forever Young to be honest. It wasn't great, I agree, but it had some good points.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Jion

Re: Does Initial D cause a song to become overrated?

Post by Jion » 06 Jul 2005, 06:10

Jayveemon wrote:
KitsuneStar wrote:("Speed Car" immediately comes to mind...)
Yes
Yes Yes
Speed Car is ::barf:: And another one is Go Beat Crazy and Revolution, ugh not that great of songs... why do people love em so much?
Those two songs rock! Go Beat Crazy is amazing! Just my opinion though :lol:
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 07 Jul 2005, 17:36

Really? I found those songs to be bland, but nothing is as bland and generic as Dusty - Midnight Lover.

gs68
Euro To B

Post by gs68 » 09 Jul 2005, 22:37

Thanks to Initial D, I've come to associate Night of Fire with "AzN GaNgStAz."

Most of the people that I know listen to SEB have only heard of SEB from Initial D.

Lunar
Eurocurious

Post by Lunar » 10 Jul 2005, 03:49

gs68 wrote:Thanks to Initial D, I've come to associate Night of Fire with "AzN GaNgStAz."

Most of the people that I know listen to SEB have only heard of SEB from Initial D.
That is true unfortunatly... =/
The song that comes to my mind is Wild Reputation 2005, when I first listened to it on SEB156,I didn't find it that great, but after seeing the Initial D episode for some reason it became SO good. I do agree with everyone here, some songs in Initial D are really so-so and becomes a must-have somehow...

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 15 Jul 2005, 16:09

I myself came into Eurobeat through the Para Para Paradise game soundtrack which someone loaned to me - I became so addicted to some of the songs that I simply had to go after the long-version originals ;-)

Admittedly, the first song I searched for, LP's "Remember Me", led me onto Initial D - however I never even saw the anime, nor do I was to. I merely wanted to know more about the songs presented on the CDs, which then led me straight over to Super Eurobeat :-)

M;.

MaxStairMaster
Euro To B

Post by MaxStairMaster » 18 Jul 2005, 03:00

I duno guys I really think its like all music

some ppl like certain songs certain types while others dont,

and ID is really cool i think -its neat, and the presentation with the thrill of the cars and the race wiht the music add to the effect,
Waaaaaaaaa! SEB!

Rave Dodgers
Euro To B

Post by Rave Dodgers » 10 Aug 2005, 11:41

Speed Car is undeniably weak, but it may be one of those that sort of sounds better if you can't understand the lyrics very well.

gs68
Euro To B

Post by gs68 » 15 Aug 2005, 03:50

Hey, Speed Car roxors my boxors :(

I've listened to it to the point where I can sing all the lyrics.