Dave Rodgers vs. Niko

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Kaiju Nexus
Bad Bad Bad

Dave Rodgers vs. Niko

Post by Kaiju Nexus » 25 Sep 2005, 04:39

My friend and I can't decide whose better in general.

DR is an icon in his own right. But Niko pwns as well. Pilot is the Hero and Superbad are freaking amazing.

But then again, I mean, there's too many great Dave Rodgers songs to name...

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Sep 2005, 06:33

8) For me it has to be Dave.His vocals are not the best ,but He has been around 4 many years. He has sung on TIME, Flea and was the voice of early Cherster, Dr Money and Aleph....and of course started his own label, AbeatC. He sounds great in duets and has given start to some of the most talented Eurobeat artists like , Mega NRG Man, Nuage,Powerful T. and now his own son and Gino caria's son...that is some superb accoplishments!! :D
Niko is cool, but I'm not too crazy about his vocals either. My favorite song from him are not even Niko songs, but rather D-Essex and some ODA..So yeah, I choose Dave!! :)

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 25 Sep 2005, 12:00

Just in terms of all-around, you HAVE to give it to DR. Not necessarily for the singing, but on the writing and production side. An amazing output and consistancy.

Put Pasquini as the writer in the database search. Put Rodgers as the producer. It only got to around 1996 before refusing to show me anymore.

Without Rodgers/Pasquini, would we even know eurobeat as it is today?

(And as for Niko, aside from Shy Gun, the only songs I really like from him are the ones under Morris and D.Essex)

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 25 Sep 2005, 18:36

Gincarlo Pasquini versus Maurizio De Jorio? That's tough!
Still, I go with Dave! Why? Without him, and all the other producers, were would Eurobeat be today? Dave started A-Beat C, put several artists on the map, been one of the most succesful Eurobeat labels; Dave produces, writes, does vocals, and does the business part of it all! He does a lot. The man deserves some SERIOUS credit.
I like Maurizio De Jorio too, but he's basically just a vocalist. His songs are great though! I don't tend to like the songs under the Niko alias as much; more often, Marko Polo impresses me. Dave also got Maurizio started before he went over the Delta, so he's one of the artists Dave gave a good start to.

Dave wins for sure, even though they're both great!
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Jion

Post by Jion » 25 Sep 2005, 19:26

Sadie wrote:Gincarlo Pasquini versus Maurizio De Jorio? That's tough!
Still, I go with Dave! Why? Without him, and all the other producers, were would Eurobeat be today? Dave started A-Beat C, put several artists on the map, been one of the most succesful Eurobeat labels; Dave produces, writes, does vocals, and does the business part of it all! He does a lot. The man deserves some SERIOUS credit.
I like Maurizio De Jorio too, but he's basically just a vocalist. His songs are great though! I don't tend to like the songs under the Niko alias as much; more often, Marko Polo impresses me. Dave also got Maurizio started before he went over the Delta, so he's one of the artists Dave gave a good start to.

Dave wins for sure, even though they're both great!
Maurizio De Jorio also writes a little bit. I remember looking through Delta's catalogue and seeing his name in the credits for writer on some songs too. I was a little surprised!
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 25 Sep 2005, 23:18

I would say Niko (all aliases included) because at least his songs dont all sound similiar (or at least a great majority)
now a better question... dave rodgers or mauro farina
Both write, both produce and both sing

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 26 Sep 2005, 02:35

Jayveemon wrote:now a better question... dave rodgers or mauro farina
Both write, both produce and both sing
Now *THAT'S* a good question...

And a tough one...

I'd say production/writing wise I still prefer Dave, just because the eurobeat side still feels rather diversified, while SAIFAM eurobeat still sounds like SAIFAM. Vocally, I think I prefer Mauro. Dave's voice is unique, but can be off sometimes, and other times it feels like it could be done by someone else, but NO ONE can match Mauro's tone and feel.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 26 Sep 2005, 10:01

When it comes to the level of performance as a vocalist, I'd have to go for De Jorio because of his picturesque vocals and good range of voice with which he can manage every type of songs from high-bpm aggressive style tunes to slower plaintive ones, while Dave Rodgers always sounds same to me. Sure, I know that De Jorio sings under a bunch of aliases, whilst DR doesn't use any alias these years, but that's not the point.

Rave Dodgers
Euro To B

Post by Rave Dodgers » 27 Sep 2005, 02:06

Niko is excellent, and absolutely a fan favorite. I'm sure he will have many great things coming. I'm a fan of Niko.

You can't really compare him to Dave - a very gifted singer who has been involved in extensive, continuous eurobeat production, and has a studio company with his name on it. Sure, a some of his songs sound too much alike (almost criminally so - it wouldn't work on a reguar LP), but you can't deny his hits. Furthermore, when he does backing vocals, it doesn't matter how loud they are, they overpower the lead - especially Nuage. I think that is pretty striking for a male vocalist.

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: Dave Rodgers vs. Niko

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 18 Oct 2019, 23:20

I think, my answer to this should be clear.

I like Niko more than Dave Rodgers.

Yeah, I know, my reasons for that may be not satisfactory for you, but Niko was always my favourite. I love his clear voice and "Night of fire", this song is just hype and powerful or like I always say "Eurobeat in a nutshell", haha!^^ And of course "1 for the money 2 for the show" is really stunning, breathtaking, it's just superb. Not to forget, that he has also many aliases, which I like, too, like Marko Polo, D-Essex, Max Coveri and... Bon? I think, he was also known as Bon, but I'm not sure about that.

So, and what about Dave Rodgers? Yes, he's the King of Eurobeat. But I don't have a single song from him in my playlist. For some reason I never liked his songs. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate him, for heaven's sake, I mean, for what? Why should I? He is a good person, last time I saw a video from him (just check the youtube-channel "Reformatt Show", where you can find an interview with Dave Rodgers) and he revolutionized the Eurobeat-genre. Without him, Eurobeat would not be so popular (Initial D was certainly not the only reason, why Eurobeat became so popular, I'm convinced of that). But he alone is not the entire Eurobeat. Eurobeat are many people.

Oh, BTW: It's just my opinion, but I think, that the thread-name is a little bit harsh. It should be called "Dave Rodgers or Niko" and not VS. Just my 2 cents! :wink: We're not in a fighting-game, lol. :grin: