SEB BPM Range

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
clubraf
Eurocurious

SEB BPM Range

Post by clubraf » 24 Oct 2005, 00:46

I'm wondering what the slowest Super Eurobeat song there is, and what is the fastest?

The slowest normally should work off mostly the BPM number. I'm guessing the slowest songs probably come from the first SEB albums.

As for the fastest, there might be some high BPM tracks, but the BPM should by high along with the synths and the vocals. What are your opinions?

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 24 Oct 2005, 01:17

Going from NRG Express's reviews...

Usually the highest BPM on the albums as of late is 160, and usually by Vibration or HRG (or BBB, now that it's here) (I saw one Time song at 161, though). The average song seems to be around 155 bpm, but it's getting closer to 150-145, I think.

For the past while, I think the slowest songs have been from Queen26, with Inside Your Heart listed at 124 bpm, but then you could always argue if Queen26 *IS* eurobeat, eh Newfield? :P

Really it's more with the arrangement and production of the song. I mean, for example, Sticky, Tricky & Bang, for me anyways, feels quite fast and energetic, but is actually slower than 150 bpm, which was surprising.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 24 Oct 2005, 03:57

I guess the fastest song ever would be <i>Crazy For You</i> by Stop Limit Line, the BPM of which is close to 170 BPM. It's on Eurobeat Flash vol. 5, though.

As to the slowest, I have a feeling that most of early Sophie's songs like <i>Broken Tale, Same, Rapture</i> correspond.

If you ask me, Queen 26 IS Eurobeat for sure because I consider the term Eurobeat as a comprehensive genre standing for European dance music that were on the scene in mid-late '80s as the name implies though unfortunately only the one based on Italo disco could survive up until today. Of course I also think much of the more specific terms (so subgenre?) like Italo Disco, High-Energy, Euro-Disco etc, though.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 24 Oct 2005, 09:16

oresama-chan wrote:I guess the fastest song ever would be <i>Crazy For You</i> by Stop Limit Line, the BPM of which is close to 170 BPM. It's on Eurobeat Flash vol. 5, though.

Those EB tunes that are made to look like a happy hardcore often have near maximum beats per min.

As to the slowest, I have a feeling that most of early Sophie's songs like <i>Broken Tale, Same, Rapture</i> correspond.
Slowest EB tunes sound more like pop.

Of course I also think much of the more specific terms (so subgenre?) like Italo Disco, High-Energy, Euro-Disco etc, though.

This is definetely a more professional way to look at it.
BTW, check out a new Systems In Blue album for a new german
euro(bohlen)beat circa 2005, as well as 2 new songs written by SIB that came out on a single by Patty Ryan "I gave you all my love".
One can sure eat a lot of an italian pasta, but, ocasionally, why not also go for a german sausage..?

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 24 Oct 2005, 15:08

Well, if you want to consider LED and SAIFAM from Dancemania's speed series, don't a couple of them go up to about 180? Jenny ROM - www.Blonde Girl (momo mix) and Jenny ROM vs The Zippers - Waka Laka e=mc2 mix I think both hit 170, and Rose & John - Living in America comes close.

Queen26 I more consider eurodance, for me, it's also about the form of the song, and by cutting out the synth solos for most of Goin Crazy, at least, makes it feel less like eurobeat. Still a really good song, I like it, I just catagorize it differently.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 25 Oct 2005, 02:02

Mikaeru wrote:Going from [url=http://www.nrgexpress.com]Really it's more with the arrangement and production of the song. I mean, for example, Sticky, Tricky & Bang, for me anyways, feels quite fast and energetic, but is actually slower than 150 bpm, which was surprising.
This is SO true although I never really thought about it before. ST&B does come off as some hyped up fast song but is really around 145 bpm while other songs that don't seem so fast actually are like I Believe In Music/Suzy Lazy are average at like 156 bpm. Then you have the ones really sped up like a lot of Euromach tunes.

While I enjoy a lot of the slower stuff coming out these days, I'm happy that they're still brining out some faster stuff.