Your first eurobeat experience!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
clubraf
Eurocurious

Your first eurobeat experience!

Post by clubraf » 23 Dec 2005, 01:39

What was the first eurobeat song you remember listening to, or what album was the first that got you into you eurobeat? And also, what was the approximate date that you first started listening to eurobeat?

For me the first song is probably "Night Of Fire". This is because I most likely heard eurobeat before that song, but never really paid attention. I heard that song about four years ago.

So, what about you? :shock:

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 23 Dec 2005, 01:41

I got into eurobeat from DDR, so my first Italo song was Boom Boom Dollar. First song I'd really consider modern eurobeat, probably Judy Crystal - God of Romance.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 23 Dec 2005, 03:37

Yeah, I'd have to say "Boom Boom Dollars" is my first experience, too. I always knew I liked the song, but never really knew why. ^_^ It wasn't until a couple years ago that I realized it was eurobeat.

It still holds interest for me today.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 23 Dec 2005, 03:43

I think the first Eurobeat songs that lured me into Eurobeat world were most probably "I Heard A Rumor" by BANANARAMA and "Toy Boy" by SINITTA, both are SAW products, though I had heard DEAD OR ALIVE, PAUL LEKAKIS and what not before without knowing they were Eurobeat.

The first Eurobeat compilation album I bought was "BEST DISCO vol.1" which included "Toy Boy" and my first Italian Eurobeat song was "Same" by SOPHIE. After that Italian Eurobeat were becoming dominant (or It may be more accurate to say that the other producers than Italian ones quit making Eurobeat because Eurobeat lost ground by 1987 - 1988 except for in Japan) and we called them "Italo beat" (e.g. BOOM BOOM DOLLAR, CHA CHA CHA CHA, GUNFIRE...mainly SAIFAM products) only for a period of time.

So I've been listening to Eurobeat for 17 years!
:lol:
ImageImageImage

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 23 Dec 2005, 13:06

TOY BOY IS FRICKIN AWESOME! And I love Saifam's eurodance cover.... The first EB song for me would be Boom Boom Dollar and Walkie Talkie and Lisa Johnson - Say Goodbye I heard it once on the ready when I was like 6.

k3ith
Bad Bad Bad

Post by k3ith » 23 Dec 2005, 16:51

Cosmic_Bard wrote:Yeah, I'd have to say "Boom Boom Dollars" is my first experience, too.
Same here, I first time I heard it was Boom Boom Dollar from DDR. I didn't really get into eurobeat though until I lived in Japan and some friends (para para fanatics) took me to Velfarre!

jp75
Eurobeat Fan

Post by jp75 » 23 Dec 2005, 18:03

Good topic!

Back in 1996 I was at this arcade place watching some dude playing a fighting game, when all of the sudden I heard this hyper electricfying song coming from a racing game.It was a shock for me because when you are used to listen to all those generic, boring and popular genres of music listening to a seb song for the first time is quite an impact. OHHH,The arcade game was Sega Touring car and the song was don't drop me by Ann sinclair.

cigy41987
Euro To B

Post by cigy41987 » 23 Dec 2005, 19:40

My first eurobeat song was most likely a DDR song, but the first Eurobeat song I was hooked on was Night of Fire, on DDR Disney Mix for the US.

So addictive! I think it was the first para para routine I learned as well, about...March of 04.
Please don't drop me baby~

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 26 Dec 2005, 10:30

Heard Eurobeat often, never paid attention.

Then I heard "Space Boy". Thank you, Dave Rodgers, for drawing me into Eurobeat. You are an Apollo amongst men.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 27 Dec 2005, 18:50

My first Eurobeat song was Get Me Power by Mega NRG Man which I thought was weird 80s dance XD

A year or two passed and I started playing DDR so I guess it would have to be Boom Boom Dollars which would be a logical guess.

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 29 Dec 2005, 10:37

I think I heard Eurobeat in passing some time ago, but my first heavy dose of it was a friend lending me the ParaParaParadise PS2 game soundtrack back last March. I've been hooked ever since then, and I've collected over 100 Eurobeat CDs and amassed 1500+ songs in the last 9 months too, haha - talk about an introduction :D

M;.

beat freak
Eurocurious

Post by beat freak » 29 Dec 2005, 22:43

My first real eurobeat song was Gipsy & Queen's "Love Is A Dreamland" What caught my eye was the striking record sleeve. The Time and A Beat C sleaves had some great art work on them. Even hung them on the wall too. This great record store in Houston, Texas used to import all the Eurobeat titles.

Oresama-chan, good to know there are some SAW/PWL fans out there. They are my favorite all time producers.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 30 Dec 2005, 00:32

beat freak wrote:
Oresama-chan, good to know there are some SAW/PWL fans out there. They are my favorite all time producers.
Yup, there are still a lot of persistent PWL freaks here!! :)
Next year Rick Astley, Belinda Carlisle, SINITTA, Michael Fortunati are comming to Japan for some live concerts named 80's DANCE POP SUMMIT, so all of us are really excited!! :D
ImageImageImage

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 30 Dec 2005, 21:46

asdfasjkdfhasjk MICHAEL FORTUNATI D= HE IS SO FRICKIN AWESOME

I love his original stuff and the updated remixes Farina & F.T. have been doing over the past few years. Give Me Up is the best =D

Pol NRG
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Pol NRG » 30 Dec 2005, 23:27

:) I don't remember well, but probably was CLARA in the background vocals of ATRIUM - MIDNIGHT DANCER (1986) I know, it's not pure Eurobeat but it's the beginning of... Hi-NRG (pre- Eurobeat) :P

ciao!
Pol :wink:
"Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best."