Review of 163

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Review of 163

Post by drnrg » 05 Jan 2006, 11:12

8) nobody posted review as of yet. Here's mine
1.Goto- Super Striker (7+)
Third release allready. This one is great. Soccer theme and all. Ace and Fastway really blend well together vocaly. The only thing is missing is a main chorus synth, but other than that this Superstriker is full of energy.

2.Paul Harris-Everybody's Looking (8)
I love the synth more and more each time I hear it. The whole song is top notch eurobeat. Reminds me of the Italo sound of 90's Flea records for example. Luka's vocals are great as ever.

3.Kevin Johnson-Gotta Be Your Lover (10+)
Best song on the cd in my opinion. better than the original. The revolving bass sound of 90's energy by Jason Donavon and Eddie Huntington is revived in this Taco remake. The part where kevin sings "I Should Be ..." is great. It's a mistake that is done on purpose. What a DELTA classic!!

4.Linda Ross- Love Is Danger 2005(10)
Originaly not one of my favorite Linda Ross songs, but this new version is exellently done. TIME should put a remake on every cd. I'm definatly curious to hear what they would sound like?

5.Factory Team- Gun Boy(9)
Should have been given artist credit Mark Farina. The ASIA sound is nicely captured on this new BBB hit. Mauro's vocals sound crisp and clear. The bridge before the main chorus is my favorite part of this song. Powerful and Fun Eurobeat all rolled into one.

6.Queen 26-More Than A Feeling(8)
This is thier best hit yet! remember Chip Chip or Moltocarina. DELTA does thier best to capture that 90's high energy sound. The girls vocals are clear and do not sound too high pitched at all. Queen 26 certainly make up for that first horrible hit. What was it called?

7.Jock Lee-I Wanna Rock With You(10)
Yes!!!! The Beginning sounds out of place ,but that synth kicks in I'm in TIME heaven. The vocals do just that ROCK WITH YOU. The verse Beat is killer hook and merges in with the bridge very nicely....then you get thet hot "I Wanna Rock With You" beat. Can't help it I'm addicted!

8.Lolly- Chilly Boy(9)
Another BBB hit on SEB. This is also remincisent of all Female asia 90's hits. You will get hooked on the chorus just as I did. I prefer this happy Eurobeat to say Go Go Girls style, because of the hard bass beat which only Saifam can get away with in thier music. Just hear the synths being played with such intensity. This would be a thrill to see live in concert!!

9.D-Essex-Farenhiet Eurobeat(8)
aA lot of you guys give mix thoughts to this song, but is very well done. It is no "Dancing Crazy", DELTA does thier best to compile every D-Essex song ever. The verses are the best part that sounds like D-Essex. The Woah Woah part is great. The chorus however sounds more like Niko. Still overall a great song

10.Norma Sheffield-Falling Down(6)
For the first time the cd goes Falling Down. Not a very good Norma song..and I like Norma style. The Best part is the main synth, but the rest sounds a bit too....heavenly for my taste

11.Rick Castle-Move Into My Heart(7)
I love Rick's vocals, but this song falls a bit short of my expectations. More Euro Pop and NRG. The main synth sounds out of place from the rest of the song. This doesn't even really sound like HRG Attack, but still a nice song.I wish AVEX would have rather put the long version of "My Little Girl" Now that song I like!!

12.Groove Twins- Viva The Night(6)
Wow THAT main synth is really fast.That's good. Sounds a lot like King & Queen style. Nothing new. Also that main synth is out of place, but still the best part of this song. I hope ABeatC rehashes this Synth for a better song

13.Sophie-Touch Me Touch Me(9)
reminds me a lot of Linda Ross 90's hit "Touch Me". I really do like this style. It gives me feeling of relaxing and listening to it in the dark. Really nice. It does not sound out of place when I play it back to back with Lisa Johnson-Say Goodbye or Vanessa -Eternity. The only thing song needs is a break.

14.Van T.K.- Take Another Chance(7)
Luka is all over this SEB....but with good songs. Again we get the 90's NRG sound. Nice song, good vocals and excellent Synths. Nothing to new, but I love the verse's beat theme.

15.Micky B.-Never Mind(6)
Wow AbeatC is really confused. This song is more for Karen or Valentina. To Me Micky B. is more power like Take Me NowSEB 158. That was a great song. The main synth in this song sounds like something Dave Rodgers or Mega NRG Man would use in earlier SEBs. AbeatC does not impress me as of yet on this cd.

16.Vivi- Just For Me(9)
I do not really like transy style synth in my Eurobeat, but this song is really good. lyrics are nice and the whole song as a whole falls nicely together. Gives me that same feeling as Sophie's song earlier. I love her vocals too. Listen to the break and discover one of the newest talents in Eurobeat. Also don't miss the bells in the backround!
17.NEO-I Was Made For Burning(8)
Wow AbeatC made up for all the crap on this cd with this song. Though the main melody is again rehashed Dave- MegaNRGMan and his voice somehow sounds different than Go Go Money, the song still captures my interest in an awesome way.
18.Jeff Driller-Super Guts(10)
HRG ends the cd with a very powerful sound from Jeff. He does not say Super Guts. sounds more like Super Gas, but who cares the song is great and the Synth is reminding me of HRG Attack early sound....and that's a good thing!

All in all this is a terrific cd. Only AbeatC gave me duds this time around. I'll rate the labels by quality
Boom Boom Beat 10
TIME 10
DELTA 8
HRG Attack 1 song 9
SCP 7
AbeatC 5 Only NEO saves them this time

....and thast's the Dr.'s final analysis 8)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 05 Jan 2006, 13:57

Umm, I posted my review a couple of weeks ago...

http://forum.eurobeat-prime.com/viewtop ... 6&start=69

:lol:

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 05 Jan 2006, 18:10

Hey, 10+ for Kevin Johnson?
Pffff... ''slobber eurobeat''
I hate this kind'o songs.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 05 Jan 2006, 20:23

A-Beat C pretty much saved this compilation!
Gotta Be Your Lover in a good song, but not 10+ i would give 8½. I would give 10 to Neo's I Was Born For Burning.

TOP-3 Songs:
Neo - I Was Born For Burning
Mickey B. - Never Mind
Kevin Johnson - Got To Be Your Lover

Suprisingly good:
Rick Castle - Move Into My Heart

Worst song:
Jeff Driller - Super Guts
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 05 Jan 2006, 20:32

My Top 5 are
1.Go 2 - Super Striker
2.Paul Harris - Everybody's Looking
3.Vivi - Just For Me
4.Lolly'O - Chilly Bou
5.Sophie - Touch Me Touch Me (chorus melodies just so awesome)

Worst 3 are
1.Linda Ross - Love Is Danger 2005 (crappiest sounding remake ever)
2.Van T.K. - Take Another Chance (could he get anymore pussified)
3.(Tie)Norma Sheffield (after doing Love Collision I guess she decided to doing shitty songs again)
3.(Tie)Jock-Lee - I Wanna Rock With You (generic TIME bullshit)