Italodisco revolution... NEW AUCTION RECORD!!!! :))

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Pol NRG
Eurobeat Boom

Italodisco revolution... NEW AUCTION RECORD!!!! :))

Post by Pol NRG » 06 Feb 2006, 21:25

Hello friends! :D

I know it's not Eurobeat style but the Italodisco was the "mother" of Eurobeat; without Italodisco Eurobeat would not exist :wink:

Take a look to the final price of this auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
:oops: :oops: :oops:

VENTURA is my number 2 of favourites Italodisco records...

ciao!
Pol :wink:
"Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best."

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 06 Feb 2006, 21:36

I think you may have an serious addiction...

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 06 Feb 2006, 22:01

Italodisco never really did a lot for me, although there were a few songs that I really liked (Hypnotic Tango by My Mine and How Old R U by Miko Mission)

I much prefer modern Italodance though...

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: Italodisco revolution... NEW AUCTION RECORD!!!! :))

Post by Vadim » 07 Feb 2006, 02:33

Pol NRG wrote:Hello friends! :D
I know it's not Eurobeat style but the Italodisco was the "mother" of Eurobeat; without Italodisco Eurobeat would not exist :wink:

It's hard to say if eurobeat wouldn't at all exist without italo.
Italo was the original pure unique italian sound, and eurobeat is basically a 90-s-2000-s thing which watered down the later italian hi nrg
with anything they could think of to keep the japanese export going through all the changing fashions in japanese music taste.

Take a look to the final price of this auction...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Does it surprize anyone that this record will be going to Ukraine(my original homeland)? :lol:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Feb 2006, 06:08

8) hey POL NRG that was coolinfo. I Have Gypsy & Queen and ROY-"Destiny Time" is total Itlo Classic. Don't know the others, but I'm sure I have them on a mix tape somewhere. :D

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 07 Feb 2006, 10:37

drnrg wrote:8) hey POL NRG that was coolinfo. I Have Gypsy & Queen and ROY-"Destiny Time" is total Itlo Classic. Don't know the others, but I'm sure I have them on a mix tape somewhere. :D
:D ROY DESTINY TIME is my altime favorite. Created by Fabrizio Rizzolo, he even did the rap part on DESTINY TIME :D

Ronald.

Pol NRG
Eurobeat Boom

Re: Italodisco revolution... NEW AUCTION RECORD!!!! :))

Post by Pol NRG » 07 Feb 2006, 14:47

Vadim wrote: It's hard to say if eurobeat wouldn't at all exist without italo.
Italo was the original pure unique italian sound, and eurobeat is basically a 90-s-2000-s thing which watered down the later italian hi nrg
with anything they could think of to keep the japanese export going through all the changing fashions in japanese music taste.
Hi Vadim,

The Eurobeat is the natural evolution of the old Italodisco; the only difference between Italodisco and Eurobeat is the tempo increased (BPMs) and the technology of course... but that's all, ..no more no less :) same labels, same producers, same singers, same style. By the way, time ago in a dinner with my friend Laurent we told about this matter and he agreed. The Hi-NRG (Italian) was the transition period between Italodisco and Eurobeat. Personally I think the correct term to define the Eurobeat sound must have been... "Italobeat"
drnrg wrote:8) hey POL NRG that was coolinfo. I Have Gypsy & Queen and ROY-"Destiny Time" is total Itlo Classic. Don't know the others, but I'm sure I have them on a mix tape somewhere. :D
Hi drnrg,

I like you like it! :wink: if you want more info about Italodisco sound I suggest you to check the website of my friend Alex:

http://www.euro-flash.net

Best regards,
"Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best."

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 07 Feb 2006, 18:08

Wow! That's quite a nice price to be paying for a record!

eBay (and sites alike) never cease to surprise me.

Your friend's site is great Pol! I've gone there before! =D
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Pol NRG
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Pol NRG » 07 Feb 2006, 21:50

Hi Sadie,

EUROFLASH is the n1 on Italodisco style and ALEX the webmaster and friend are a great man! :)

Have fun!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Feb 2006, 11:24

8) thanks I will check it out. :D

euro up north
Eurobeat Fan

Post by euro up north » 16 Feb 2006, 13:31

Vadim wrote:

Hi Vadim,

The Eurobeat is the natural evolution of the old Italodisco; the only difference between Italodisco and Eurobeat is the tempo increased (BPMs) and the technology of course... but that's all, ..no more no less same labels, same producers, same singers, same style. By the way, time ago in a dinner with my friend Laurent we told about this matter and he agreed. The Hi-NRG (Italian) was the transition period between Italodisco and Eurobeat. Personally I think the correct term to define the Eurobeat sound must have been... "Italobeat"
Well mr Pol NRG. Now you will be angry.

Because i think you are not entirly correct.
The Eurobeat is not coming straigt from Italo disco. I know, same labels and same producers. But the producers hasn´t evoluted themselves.
Italodisco lived its own life, but the evolution of eurobeat began at the same time, but in another track. You can call it a brother or cousinstyle.
The style is called HI-nrg, and as developed of a man called Ian Levine. He aslo had a hit called Hi-nrg.
1984 Three men called Stock Aitken and Waterman began creating music and they began with HI-nrg sound. But in 1987, when they met the forth, but for many unknown member, Peter Hammond, they set a new sound.
The sound is for many people the correct defenition of eurodisco.
The success is legendary and SAW will be remembered for all time.
SAW wasn´t only famous because of their music. They were also the first musicion to "factorise" the music, producing hits like a factory. The sound of Hammond and SAW became a norm for the musicindustry.
SAW:s producingtecniqe were before their time and the company PWL market that with a sign: Todays sound, tomorrows tecnology.

The concept was of course copied. From sound to producing. Farina Crivillent cloned the concept and went from italodisco to eurodisco.

In Japan they called the music eurobeat. SAW hade a record from Japan called "Kings of eurobeat" and SAW is definetly one of the biggest reasons, why the eurobeatsound of today, is what it is.

The first collections of eurobeat, sound almost like SAW. Noteble is that in two of the first records of early eurobeat "That´s eurobeat-series" SAW had a few songs represented.

If you listen to early SEB, you´ll here the sound of SAW, but it isn´t.

Now, that is a very long time ago, because with SEB, the music started to develop itself, as a new style, that kept the happiness of SAW, but created new sound, and above all, faster beats.

But still it is imporant to remember. It was - in my book - SAW that made the evolution of eurobeat, with a "help" from the italo-disco people.

So conclusion, Eurobeat came alomst straight from eurodisco, who came from HI-nrg, who hade influence from both 70´s disco and soul.

Correct me if i am wrong

Pol NRG
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Pol NRG » 16 Feb 2006, 22:53

euro up north wrote:
Vadim wrote:

Hi Vadim,

The Eurobeat is the natural evolution of the old Italodisco; the only difference between Italodisco and Eurobeat is the tempo increased (BPMs) and the technology of course... but that's all, ..no more no less same labels, same producers, same singers, same style. By the way, time ago in a dinner with my friend Laurent we told about this matter and he agreed. The Hi-NRG (Italian) was the transition period between Italodisco and Eurobeat. Personally I think the correct term to define the Eurobeat sound must have been... "Italobeat"
Well mr Pol NRG. Now you will be angry.

Because i think you are not entirly correct.
The Eurobeat is not coming straigt from Italo disco. I know, same labels and same producers. But the producers hasn´t evoluted themselves.
Italodisco lived its own life, but the evolution of eurobeat began at the same time, but in another track. You can call it a brother or cousinstyle.
The style is called HI-nrg, and as developed of a man called Ian Levine. He aslo had a hit called Hi-nrg.
1984 Three men called Stock Aitken and Waterman began creating music and they began with HI-nrg sound. But in 1987, when they met the forth, but for many unknown member, Peter Hammond, they set a new sound.
The sound is for many people the correct defenition of eurodisco.
The success is legendary and SAW will be remembered for all time.
SAW wasn´t only famous because of their music. They were also the first musicion to "factorise" the music, producing hits like a factory. The sound of Hammond and SAW became a norm for the musicindustry.
SAW:s producingtecniqe were before their time and the company PWL market that with a sign: Todays sound, tomorrows tecnology.

The concept was of course copied. From sound to producing. Farina Crivillent cloned the concept and went from italodisco to eurodisco.

In Japan they called the music eurobeat. SAW hade a record from Japan called "Kings of eurobeat" and SAW is definetly one of the biggest reasons, why the eurobeatsound of today, is what it is.

The first collections of eurobeat, sound almost like SAW. Noteble is that in two of the first records of early eurobeat "That´s eurobeat-series" SAW had a few songs represented.

If you listen to early SEB, you´ll here the sound of SAW, but it isn´t.

Now, that is a very long time ago, because with SEB, the music started to develop itself, as a new style, that kept the happiness of SAW, but created new sound, and above all, faster beats.

But still it is imporant to remember. It was - in my book - SAW that made the evolution of eurobeat, with a "help" from the italo-disco people.

So conclusion, Eurobeat came alomst straight from eurodisco, who came from HI-nrg, who hade influence from both 70´s disco and soul.

Correct me if i am wrong
Hi,

To late :wink: this topic is already answered and my words confirmed by Laurent, just read it:

http://forum.eurobeat-prime.com/viewtopic.php?t=813

You are talking about the "other" Hi-NRG style the british :wink: because also was the Italian (late in the 80s) I'm talking about the Italo Hi-NRG.

Best regards,
Pol