SEB Radio Mixes

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Super Racing
Euro To B

SEB Radio Mixes

Post by Super Racing » 21 Feb 2006, 18:44

Do you perfer the 18 track SEB format or the older 12 track extended format?

I prefer the older format. The songs seem abbreviated and have hurried endings. We lose the wonderful instrumental breaks in the songs with the short format. I consider anything with an extended format (Initial D, Sunday, Saifam downloads) a treasure now.

I would rather have 12 excellent long versions than 18 songs with the mediocre filler songs on the cd.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Re: SEB Radio Mixes

Post by jeurobeat » 21 Feb 2006, 18:51

Super Racing wrote:Do you perfer the 18 track SEB format or the older 12 track extended format?

I prefer the older format. The songs seem abbreviated and have hurried endings. We lose the wonderful instrumental breaks in the songs with the short format. I consider anything with an extended format (Initial D, Sunday, Saifam downloads) a treasure now.

I would rather have 12 excellent long versions than 18 songs with the mediocre filler songs on the cd.
Definitely 12 excellent long versions >6min instead of those short versions. Those were really great! Indeed, the great instrumental breaks! I wouldn't mind a double-CD with 24 extended versions though :lol:

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 22 Feb 2006, 00:40

I would totally go for the double extended volumes! The problem with extends nowadays is that you have a handful of labels vying for spots on SEB!

A-Beat C
SCP
HI-NRG Attack
Delta
Boom Boom Beat/Saifam
Time

If there was a single disc extended volume, each label would get only around 2 songs a piece...I would like variety.

Does anyone know why Avex possibly quit the 12 and 15 track volumes?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Feb 2006, 03:10

8) I believe the sale of 12's went down heavely. I used to buy at least 12 a month. Now they are not even avaliable. :cry: : I guess the record companys no longer make a long extenede version of all songs, but rather they wait to see the populiarity of the song after released on SEB or Euromach or what ever! That's the dr.'s evaluation of it. :D

michaelz
Eurocurious

Post by michaelz » 22 Feb 2006, 06:41

over 20 tracks!

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 22 Feb 2006, 11:57

labels also dont make extended versions over 6 minutes anymore the closest i've seen it to 6 is Dancin' Alone or Not For Sale at around 5:53 long with some labels having the extendeds at as short as 3;58 :(

Super Racing
Euro To B

Post by Super Racing » 22 Feb 2006, 13:18

You would think it would be more profitable for all invovled to produce the SEB's with 12 long songs instead of 18 shorter songs. In most cases, all that is involved in creating the longer version is adding extra verses or choruses and breaks using the already made instrumentation in the song and maybe a few other effects.

There would be less work invovled in creating the longer version of 12 songs than creating the 18 songs required to fill the cd with the shorter version.

I would definitely pay the same price for a SEB with 12 extended songs as 18 radio songs.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 22 Feb 2006, 17:01

No way - give me the 4 minute versions any day. Like you just said Super Racing, a lot of the time the so-called extended versions simply have additional instrumental breaks or various vocal/beat patterns to fill out the time - as a result, things can get VERY repetitive. I love the 18 track format that we have at the moment - everything is to the point and the song doesn't start to get old due to repeated sections etc...

Seems like I'm alone on this, but if they reintroduced the older format 12 track extended albums, we'd be getting 6 less tracks every 2 months - where's the benefit in that? I'd like to call for 36 track double CDs of radio versions! :P

Super Racing
Euro To B

Post by Super Racing » 22 Feb 2006, 19:50

The 4 minute versions just don't seem like enough of the song, it seems when it just gets going, its over.

The breaks in the extended versions (while they were mostly just the instrumentation without the voices) were part of the art of the eurobeat music. And that has been lost in the radio mixes. Everything seems hurried and rushed.

Ever listen to Run to Me/Malcolm J Hill? The instrumental break in that song is what makes it truely beautiful.

A 4.75 to 5 minute song could still accomplish having an instrumental break. That would allow 14 to 16 tracks per cd. Then everyone would be happy :)

euro up north
Eurobeat Fan

Post by euro up north » 22 Feb 2006, 19:51

No questions asked.....extended version ten out of ten days. The longer song, the better.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Feb 2006, 03:22

8) it depends. I prefere Extended versions any day, but some radio versions are really well done. ex: Terminator- Overload and Passion- Alexis. They even have a slight break in the song. HRG Attack and DELTA also change the format a bit. Emotions- Stephy Martini and Kevin Johnson- Gotta Be Your Lover also well done. One label that definatly needs extended versions is Boom Boom Beat . Thier SEB versions just seem to end before they begin. :cry:

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 23 Feb 2006, 13:51

You can just buy them straight from Saifam then. Queen had 2 minute cut from it when editted for SEB D=

Jion

Post by Jion » 23 Feb 2006, 15:33

What I would do would make every SEB XX1 - XX2, XX4 - XX6, XX8 - XX9 a 24 track 2 disc compilation with extended versions only and then XX3 and XX7 would be the nonstop mixes. That way everyone gets extended mixes for the songs and the nonstop can be used to emphasize the hits during the series and for the second disc in the nonstop mix, it could be a DVD with parapara dancing of the biggest songs released so far. The number of songs would be almost equivalent as if all 9 CDs were releasing 18 songs. I personally like this idea =P
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 24 Feb 2006, 02:19

You know, while I like the 18-track format, I prefer (and tend to buy) more of the 13-track extended older CDs.
It would be perfect if every now-and-then they'd have a second disc of extended mixes.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 28 Feb 2006, 08:45

There seem to be lots of ideas for new/old cd formats. Maybe AVEX could try a couple of those :wink: