SUPER EUROBEAT VOL. 169

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Jul 2006, 07:57

No No. That is not it at all. "Live" means that the synths sound as they are being played in a club. Also some songs add public "roars" in the end of the track. I guess You concider this kinda "Trans" sounding but TIME had allready stsrted this trend in mid 90's
To understand better Compare some of thier trax. The synths sound a bit "Distorted" and alot of words like "party" and "get Up" are mixed in to give it "Live" feeling.
Gypsy & Queen- "Feel So Good"
Maio & Co.- Master Blaster
Lou Grant- "Take Me High All Days"

Gypsy & Queen- Black Bird
Maio & Co. Dark In The Night
Lou Grant- Avalon
These sound Studio produced. More toned Vocals and Sharper Synths.
Do you kinda get my meaning now? :lol:

MarkIventi
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MarkIventi » 08 Jul 2006, 09:31

That's just adding some reverb or chorus on the synths, while in Eurobeat hardly any of these effects are applied. Hasn't got anything to do with 'live' because many other genres use these effects on lead sounds!

This again shows you have no clue what trance sounds like by the way, since trance synths don't even come close to sounding like that. I still think you're referring to German/Belgian club music everytime you say "trans" and I dare you to come up with at least one modern day trance song that sounds like this. Do your homework please!

Also, I think you're a bit biased in your review - you seem to dislike A.Beat-C period. If you'd look past that, Norma Sheffield and A. Gordon have presented us with some above standard energy songs that are worth a better rating in my opinion. But hey, each to his own!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Jul 2006, 04:51

8) First of all .it's no surprise that everyone knows I hate "Trans" and don't care what it sounds like. If I say the trax sound "Live " to me then they do. Second.. I am Bias to other labels like TIME and HRG and Saifam, That is why this is my review and not yours, but this TIME around I also praised SCP, because they did an incredible job. If you read my past reviews then you see that I give specific reasons why I like certain songs and others not too much. I mention the synths ,vocals, and compare to other songs.
On the AbeatC matter, I actually gave Neo a high grade and A.Gordon a decent number. The other three, just didn't knock me off my feet.
and about doing homework, if you pay attention to my posts, you will reaslize that I like a specific kind of Eurobeat and vocals. Either Crazy or Romantic. The ones inbetween have to really impress me!
Anyways, I'm sorry if I offended a particular Artist or song, it is my opinion. Why don't you post yours and defend your fav. lable.
It's a lot better than crying about it. :D

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 05 Aug 2006, 02:30

Oh god, I recieved seb169 today with 170 and ffs it's so bad. XD I wouldn't have even bought it if it wasnt for drive in the night and the norma song domino produced.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 05 Aug 2006, 20:11

SEB169 MEGA GET! So, I've heard a lot of differing opinions on 169 so I thought I'd throw a review into the ring. I've had it for a few days and have heard it through a good dozen times already, so I think I'm ready to review it.

Image Say Yeah - A Gordon

Wow. What a great upbeat note to start the album off on. I found the song to be really gripping and powerful, especially the really catchy Sabi. Reminds me a bit of an SCP production at times, for some reason...

9/10

Image Eurobeat Kind of Love - Candy Taylor

The song has a lot of energy and a very interesting melody, too. Ms. Moroni sounds bright and clear as she should be and is responsible for making this a wonderfully catchy tune. I'll throw this one on the stack of other great songs with the word "Eurobeat" in the title. Megamix in the works... :P

8/10

Image Oh Honey Oh - Gipsy Baby

A very typical Saifam tune, which isn't a bad thing, but there isn't really anything that makes this song stand out in particular from the other tons of great Saifam stuff out there, or the other great stuff on this album. Still, as most Saifam songs, it has a great tempo, a solid baseline and uses clever samples.

7/10

Image Maharaja Night 2006 - Lou Grant

Not very familiar with the original; I've heard it maybe... twice? Still, on its own, this is a very well-paced song with a lot of activity. Seems a little hard edged, but that just makes it more danceable. Not my favourite 200X song, but it's still a very solid song. Personally, I'd rather see a 200X remix of "Dancing in Maharaja - Tri-Star" but what are you gonna do? :P

8/10

Image Mr Frankenstein - Bombers

It's nice to see new hallowe'en songs, (albeit a little early) and this one really hits the mark and is one of my new favorites. Saifam songs always tend to work well with a lower, darker set of synths... and like drnrg says, it's nice to see the lyrics making sense and being appropriate to the music. :P

8/10

Image Hot for Your Love - Lolita

Very nice intro, but the song loses momentum and doesn't really hold my interest for very long. It's a bland, typical Lolita song that I could do without. It's sung quite well, but not very lyrically interesting. Uninspired title, too... especially for an artist who constantly has similar titles.

5/10

Image Super Kaiser - Garcon

Namco lawsuit get! :P I laughed when I heard the Pac-Man death sample. It works really well to catapult the song into the fast and furious intro. This song has tons of energy and really gets your blood boiling. Almost seems like a trend with HRG songs with "Super" in the title, Like "Super Guts - Jeff Driller". Nonsensical but really powerful lyrics like "Cosmic power in my gasoline!" Are HRG's specialty and they really help make this song extra energetic. Still, this is a great example of the powerful songs that we're lucky to get from HRG once in awhile like "Stop & Go - Jeff Driller". ...and is that Greta Accatino I hear in the "Fireball..." sample? If it is, it's been awhile since we've heard anything from Baby Bazooka...

10/10

Image Love Can Be Your Game - Norma Sheffield

Normally, I'm a fan of Francesca's stuff and this is a good example, but it seems to me that her vocals might be pitched a bit high... it could be just me, though. Either way, it's a decent song and a welcome addition to 169.

7/10

Image Roly Poly Rock - Kiki & Fancy

Wow. Fast and powerful for a Kiki & Fancy song. Has a somewhat unique feel though, very up and positive. It's a very good direction for them to be going in. I half-expect Goofy DJ to chime in every once in awhile, though. :P ...though, I'm thankful he's not there. :roll:

8/10

Image Welcome to the Beach - Yellowfin

Someone got chocolate in my peanut butter! Nuage and Freddy sound as though they were made to sing together. Freddy does overpower her a little bit, but as the male vocalist, I think it's for the better. This song has a great summery feel to it. Sunshine, swimsuits and fun are what this song is all about. This is probably Frederico's best work, so far... is it just me, or is his voice starting to deepen a little bit? Interesting and cool sounding artist title, too.

9/10

Image Magic Rainbow - Rose

For me, this is the ultimate cheer-up song. I love that pre-intro... such weird but great sounding synths! I'm a big fan of the piano backup melody, it adds much to the song. Magic rainbow, baby I love you! ^_^ I'm really starting to like this style of Time's stuff.

9/10

Image Get The Dark Side into My Brain - Cy-ro

Wow. Pure. HRG. Power! This song is fast, fierce and serious. It's rare to see a really angry eurobeat song, these days. I really beleive Nick Festari is angry as he sings this. ^_^ Very gripping and epic. Kudos to drnrg for his "SHOUT FROM THE TOWER RIP MY CHAOTIC PALADIN HEART OUT OF MY CHEST AWESOME" comment. Hits the mark. :P

10/10

Image Now Celebrate - Christine & Van T.K.

Meh. Another reason for me to think Luca's better off with Delta and Akyr.
This didn't do too much for me at all. It's kinda simple and a generally uninteresting song. It's pleasant, but I've come to expect more than that from SCP.

6/10

Image Disco Fire - Neo

In my opinion, this is a very typical sounding ABeatC song... much like Giancarlo's latest style. It reminds me of a faster version of "Space Invader - Dave Rodgers" at certain points. In more detail, I think the song loses some pacing in the b-melo when the 4/4 snapping sample is cut off. Not a bad song, but I've heard it before...

7/10

Image Drive in the Night - Sophie

Uh, heh, where to start? Maybe it's because it was hyped so much to me before I heard it, but I really can't stand this song. Sounds like it's going for an older style and that's not bad, but I don't think it succeeds at all. It sounds awkward and doesn't really make me want to dance. I'm certainly not a fan of the synths they've chosen throughout this title, either.

4/10

Image Big Heart - SCP All Stars

Very nice job. It's great to hear all my favourite SCP stars together in one song. The more the merrier seems to be the key with eurobeat. ^_^ A very simple positive message is put out in this song, too. Very catchy and I can see a para para routine for it, already. Wouldn't be surprised if Hinoi Team tried to pick this one up... :roll:

8/10

Image Dream pf You - Alvin

As this song builds up, you can feel the energy, pacing and all the good makings of a great Saifam song. The song is very catchy and very memorable. Some great samples are used too during the lyrical pauses. The sabi is particularily memorable and catchy. "Di-da-di-da-di-da-da!" It's at the top with my other favourite Saifam songs. ^_^

9/10

Image If You Ever Leave Me - Ale

I love the intro and sabi for this song. It has that feeling you associate with most powerfully oriented Delta material, but it's still unique. I also find it very danceable... which is always good. Personally, I think the vocal volume's a bit low, but that's a small grievance in a song that has so much else to offer. A great end to a good album.

9/10

Album Score: 8/10

Final Thoughts:
A very solid way to end the 160's. Easily one of the top three best albums in the decade. This album has a lot to offer from many different labels... but I think that HRG really shines the brightest of them all. I've been really impressed with their music as of late. Still, I'm very anxious to see what the 170's have to offer. Are we really at 170 already? Time flies when you're listenning to eurobeat... ^_-

Best Songs:
1. Get The Dark Side into My Brain - Cy-ro (HRG)
2. Super Kaiser - Garcon (HRG)
3. Dream of You - Alvin (BBB)

Worst Songs:
1. Drive in the Night - Sophie (TIM)
2. Hot For Your Love - Lolita (ABC)
3. Now Celebrate - Christine & Van T.K. (SCP)

Honorable Mention(s) (There are a lot of stand-out songs in 169.)
1. If You Ever Leave Me - Ale (DLT)
2. Roly Poly Rock - Kiki & Fancy (SCP)
3. Big Heart - SCP All Stars (SCP)
4. Magic Rainbow - Rose (TIM)
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Aug 2006, 00:40

Thanks for the compliments. As yoyu can tell ,I used to play a lot of Dungoens & Dragons in my teans. ...and Chaotic just describes HRG attack's music so perfectly. By the way good review, except Sohpie. That songs rulezzzz! :D

nick festari
Euro To B

Post by nick festari » 08 Aug 2006, 11:42

Thanks a lot for the FANTASTIC reviews!!! :D

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 08 Aug 2006, 13:03

Absolutely love Get the Darkside into my brain....definitely love the Cyro songs, can't say there is one I did had a distaste for. Really need more great hi-nrg tracks like this :)

Basically was the highlight of the album for me.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Aug 2006, 06:37

8) Great to see you on the forum Mr. Festari. You really have a mega fan numbers behind the Live music team. Dr. NRG says "GIVE US MORE"!! :D

here is a great idea for a song. You and Mr. Rimonti sharing vocals in a team effort. You could call the artist name Doc Jykel and Mr. Hyde and sing some way out there chaotic Halloween theme song.
It would be HUGE!!

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 10 Aug 2006, 01:42

nick festari wrote:Thanks a lot for the FANTASTIC reviews!!! :D
If you keep performing in great songs, they'll keep getting great reviews. ^_^

Thanks so much for your recent work, Mr. Festari. Keep it coming!
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

dr.gabriel
Verified Account

Turbo man

Post by dr.gabriel » 10 Aug 2006, 22:17

nick festari wrote:Thanks a lot for the FANTASTIC reviews!!! :D
Nick, sei grande ! ! !

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 11 Aug 2006, 10:49

Anche tu sei cosi', Roby !
Vorrei ascoltare delle tue canzoni nuove al piu' presto ! ! :D
ImageImageImage

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 13 Aug 2006, 06:41

Something's really weird with the album... Not very common that songs grow on me by time... I didn't like Super Kaiser much at all in the start, but now it's one of my favorites on this album.
Really hope HI-NRG Attack would start doing more duets with female & male vocalists. All those Franz Tornado & Bazooka Girl tracks are HRG history and this song clearly stood out for that reason as well.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 14 Aug 2006, 17:21

So, general consensus on Goofy DJ is that most people would like him to fall in a well and die, right? :lol:

Jion

Post by Jion » 14 Aug 2006, 18:14

NO! Not at all! I personally want the Goofy DJ to return! In fact like I stated in my review of 169, the guitar sounds applied in the song make it almost sound as if the Goofy DJ was saying some stuff. I hope that he does return sometime!
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p