Type of synths used in Eurobeat hooks?

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 09 Nov 2006, 00:38

Shoot, I'm afraid that I risk redundancy in saying this, but...

...at the time, I don't quite have the money to buy a fair Eurobeat synthesizer. I only recently turned 17, and my money's ridiculously low. IF I change any of the sounds I use, it'll have to be something almost free.

Does anyone know where I'd find some fair Eurobeat soundfonts or something? Does FruityLoops 6 or something have the right sounds? Or, if it really boils down to it, will I just have to tweak my current setup to achieve the sounds I need?

(Current Setup:
Korg 05R/W <inherited> <General>, E-MU Audity 2000 <gift><Trance>, Cakewalk, SoundForge, Computer sound looped into itself (so it can record its own noises and audio)... quite cheap.)

If I had the money, I'd have already bought the right synths by now. I just... don't. Any cheap alternatives would be most appreciated.

Elder
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Elder » 02 Jul 2007, 22:39

Hey all, I've been lurking here for a bit and I'm new to making Eurobeat (one of my favourite genres of EDM). I was wondering how one would achieve the eurobeat synth sound using Superwave P8, or if there's a better alternative. I would like to stay in FL Studio for this, but I have other programs if need be.

Thanks in advance.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 03 Jul 2007, 00:12

Superwave P8 can get some nice lead sounds. Stick with saw and superwave settings, nicely detuned and try it out.

Elder
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Elder » 03 Jul 2007, 15:54

I messed around and had no luck. :( Could you possibly describe the settings in some detail or take a screenshot so I have a frame of reference?

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 03 Jul 2007, 17:41

I'm using a different version, I forget what P8 is missing (the arp, at least). In a rush now, so I can explain it a bit more later tonight, but this is just something I came up with quickly.

glottis5
Bad Bad Bad

Post by glottis5 » 24 Aug 2007, 09:13

Have you guys tried this Synth1? It dosen't come with any "Eurobeaty" presets, but it should be simple enough to make one if you're familiar with synths. Really versatile VSTi.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/214.html

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 24 Aug 2007, 12:15

Got it from a Compy Music special not too long ago, but haven't really played with it much. Seemed okay enough, though.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 27 May 2008, 19:02

I just recently got a copy of Native Instruments' Pro~52 VST (despite the fact that I can't quite get Cubase working... *snif*), and it looks like I could squeeze some great Eurobeat sounds out of it... if I knew the combination!

How would I configure the oscillators, dampness, ad nauseum, to get, say, the "chirp" synth that ABeatC tended to love and has been bringing back lately?
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 31 May 2008, 00:39

zoupzuop2 wrote:How would I configure the oscillators, dampness, ad nauseum, to get, say, the "chirp" synth that ABeatC tended to love and has been bringing back lately?
Got an example of the sound?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 31 May 2008, 04:57

Mikaeru wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote:How would I configure the oscillators, dampness, ad nauseum, to get, say, the "chirp" synth that ABeatC tended to love and has been bringing back lately?
Got an example of the sound?
Um, it's the lead sabi sound in the following songs:

* Go Baby Go
* Little Desire
* I Can Go The Distance
* The Race is Over (and HOW~! <3 )
* Space Boy
* (I think there were traces of it in) Mickey Mouse March (?)

I always considered it "THE" ABeatC sound when I had less of an idea of what the hell is going on.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 18 Jun 2008, 05:52

I hate to do this, but... bump. My previous question actually still stands. I may be in store for a massive gear improvement soon, so... if I could know this, that'd be awesome.
Join me on an Odyssey.

BVLGARIA
Bad Bad Bad

Re: Type of synths used in Eurobeat hooks?

Post by BVLGARIA » 23 Jan 2021, 19:25

in Roland Cloud there's a "Eurobeat brass" patch in the SRX Dance Trax module :)
NightKids
Hachi Roku T's https://amzn.to/3sKiMho