Konami searching for songs for future mixes

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Konami searching for songs for future mixes

Post by zoupzuop2 » 13 Jan 2007, 04:37

www.ddrfreak.com has the news.
www.broadjam.com is hosting the contest.

If you ask me, this is a prime chance to get some Eurobeat back into DDR. Hot Limit, FANTASY, and others have long stood as landmarks of what made DDR, DDR. But now, with the "American-izing" of newer mixes, these nostalgic joys are being lost. WE, the fans, now have a say-- nay, POWER-- over what the future generations of DDR players see and hear.

What can I say? TO THE FRAY!!!!

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 13 Jan 2007, 06:52

Huh again? I remember they did this last year too, and DM Ashura won (with a few others). There were no eurobeat songs there, tho. :(

To anyone participating; good luck! :D

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 16 Jan 2007, 04:50

MKWiakaku! I've seen you around the DDR community before. Pleasure to see you here as well.

Actually, I think that Eurobeat stands a chance in the selection, albeit small. After all, Konami lost most of its GENUINE Eurobeat licenses after it stopped using Dancemania songs, resorting to cheap knock-offs and "Euro" versions that hardly qualify if at all. I think it's just a matter of people knowing HOW to write Eurobeat that keeps them from doing it or not.

Actually, I must confess: My entries might/might not be total Eurobeat. I might submit ONE Eurobeat song, but not all my entries.

However, if we build a voice for the Eurobeat community and show Konami that there is a market in America for the ever-bouncy, happy, 'saccharine' music, then I figure they're more likely to put THAT in instead of Janet Jackson (pugh) or Fallout Boy (double pugh).

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 16 Jan 2007, 07:45

Wow you scare me. Am I really that populair? XD;

And I don't think they'll go with eurobeat, but rather with some happy happy hardcore j-pop alike song. At least.. That's what I hope because all the girls like those songs and play them a lot. Now if only the stepcharts contain enough jumps; I'm statisfied. :>

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 16 Jan 2007, 21:35

MKwiakaku wrote:Wow you scare me. Am I really that populair? XD;

And I don't think they'll go with eurobeat, but rather with some happy happy hardcore j-pop alike song. At least.. That's what I hope because all the girls like those songs and play them a lot. Now if only the stepcharts contain enough jumps; I'm statisfied. :>
Wak! Nononono! I don't mean like THAT! I've just seen your work for the simfile community and other things around that line! Believe me, I'm not THAT creepy.

Engh, they already HAVE a bunch of that, and they've had a lot since the Maxes, 1 and 2. 'sides, the ONLY mix since about 5th that HASN'T had authentic 'beat is Nova. Even 3rd had it, or at least its great predecessors Boom Boom Dollar and Upside Down. I don't think it'd be awful for Konami to look back into it. They've even brought Freckles and a few other licensed songs back into some of the console releases, so what's stopping them from bringing the best back to the table?