Eurobeat Prime Underground Eurobeat Vol. 1

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Eurobeat Prime Underground Eurobeat Vol. 1

Post by zoupzuop2 » 26 Nov 2008, 19:22

EUROBEAT PRIME presents UNDERGROUND EUROBEAT VOLUME 1! IN GLORIOUS PODCAST FORM! I'VE GOT TO STOP YELLING!

Up to 15 Extended-Version songs from the Eurobeat Prime members will be included in a Podcast for the world to hear! Have yours ready by February 28th 2009, and join the fray!

THE DEADLINE
February 28th, 11:59 PM, your time zone. Meaning, in PST I'll have to wait until the next day, February 29th. That should give all of you a sufficient extension in hours, right?

THE JIST
This podcast will be in two bits: The Nonstop half and the Extendeds half. PLEASE state, upon submission, to which you'd like your song to go, if not both. That means, when you email it to me, please specify in the body text if you're okay with it being in both the Nonstop mix AND the Extended halves, or just one of the two.
If you'd like something specific said about your piece before it plays (EXTENDED only), please include a .txt file with your submission.
Send ALL files to my email address provided:
zoupzuop2@gmail.com

FAQ and PAQ (Possibly Askable Questions)
*When is the due date for all these?
February 15th, 2009. I'll check later in the day, so no biggie if it's not in the night before (this isn't school, y'know!)

*What'll happen with my submission?
Good question! Unless you specify that it should be Extended only, will be sent to our local mixer, Shinraikan, who will string them together tastefully. The extended will be played afterwards (unless you specifically request it only be included in the nonstop). That string of songs will then be published to iTunes in the form of a Podcast.

*Can I have a preview/the whole song on my Myspace, or should I keep it secret?
Do what you like! You own the copyright (unless it's a remix; see below for more info), so you could already have it on a CD for all it matters. The purpose of the Podcast/Compilation is to display what members of this forum can do. :3

*Can I submit a remix?
I'm not sure about the legality of copyrighted material in Podcasts, so... I'd suggest you at least have the original copyright-holder's approval beforehand. I do NOT want this to turn into a large legal battle with Avex, or ANY record label. *shudders at the thought of Warner Brothers or Disney bearing down on him like a torrential flood of legal pain*

*How long should the song be?
Anywhere between 3 and 6 minutes (we'll be lenient if it's a little over).

TIPS AND TRICKS
*Please make all vocals sufficiently audible. We know Eurobeat is notorious for "Misheard Lyrics", but part of that whole magic is that it's usually unintentional! Let's keep our vocals crisp and clear.
*Please, no MP3's that are less than 128 kbps. You don't need to deliver an insanely–clear song if you lack the tools to do so, but we'd rather not have some murky 8 kbps files in the mix, they'd be hard to hear!
*Your song file should be loud enough to be heard. We'll leave the audio mixing of all the songs to our volunteer mixer, but let's make the job easy by keeping it at a reasonable volume; not too quiet so it's hard to hear, or too loud so we won't hear much for the rest of our lives.
*Eurobeat, please. No Hyper Techno, Trance, etc. ("Flavors" of those styles are okay, as long as the style is predominantly Eurobeat)
*HAVE SOME FUN! Eurobeat's a HAPPY genre (most of the time), enjoy yourselves in the process!
Original Post wrote:This is just a totally random idea I've had... what if we as a forum (and maybe a few more musicians) put out our own compilation, even if it were just the one album? We could have MesdoramElder, Mikaeru, RainbowDragonEyes, Myself, DJ Bouche, DJ Command, and whoever else wanted in on this to come in, and have ourselves a cute li'l SEB knockoff.

Your thoughts. :3
Last edited by zoupzuop2 on 13 May 2009, 20:44, edited 6 times in total.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 26 Nov 2008, 20:40

I wouldn't mind joining in on this.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 26 Nov 2008, 21:17

I have no creative talent to ever even consider joining such a project, but if a fan-made comp was ever to surface for download on iTunes or Juno I'd definitely buy it. :grin:

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 26 Nov 2008, 21:23

Mikaeru wrote:I wouldn't mind joining in on this.
I'd join in too, but it would currently only be a remix (of an existing acappella) or an instrumental, as I have no ways of recording vocals.

Check out my two latest demos here - www.myspace.com/dtzproject

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 26 Nov 2008, 23:04

I'd be interested in this.

trainerkelly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by trainerkelly » 27 Nov 2008, 01:05

Sounds interesting. I think it's a good idea that should be tested out, just to see how well it works. =3

I wish I could join. >.<
|dA|YT|TWTTR|TMBLR|

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 09 Dec 2008, 07:55

I'm working on my entry for this album (which I hope is still happening)!

The track is called High Power and is a fast, aggressive Delta style tune! I hope to have the instrumental version finished within the new few weeks. Cheers!
You better watch yourself!
You better wish you were!
You better keep it cool!

<b>Cause I'm Superbad!!</b>

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 09 Dec 2008, 08:04

Aheheh. To be honest I was just suggesting the possibility. It'd take money, time, organization, and a bit of luck... the first three I just don't have. I'm sorry if I got your hopes up too high.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 09 Dec 2008, 08:23

I just thought it was a little independent thing for fun? I'm not under the impression that this is going to be like a professional release or anything, lol. Just like a free pack?
You better keep it cool!

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 09 Dec 2008, 09:00

Um... I don't even know how we'd pull that off, unless someone offered to use TuneCore to create an iTunes album, we all chipped in the amount due for each of our songs for each of the iTunes stores, and then waited 6 weeks for the album to show up. =\
Do-able but very difficult.
Join me on an Odyssey.

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 09 Dec 2008, 09:08

I didn't even mean on iTunes or anything. Just a free download somewhere else? Idk, I think we could do it. I mean, I'd be more than happy to organize it if people wanted to submit tracks to me.

Also, I had a question for you, zoupzoup. Would you possibly be willing to sing for a track that I am working? I pretty much can not sing and you sound pretty good on your 2 latest demos. I could send you the lyrics + an audio file of the melody.
You better keep it cool!

DJ Bouche
Bad Bad Bad

Post by DJ Bouche » 09 Dec 2008, 13:24

Are you guys looking to use original music here? Or remixes? or both?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 09 Dec 2008, 18:04

Holy crap! Info travels fast in the Eurobeat community...

IF this were to come together, I think it'd be best if it were originals, unless the remixes were sanctioned by the copyright owners of the piece being remixed.
This... was originally a theoretical discussion. But perhaps I was onto something? Question is, how would we distribute this? It costs money to get onto most venues... what would the logistics be of pulling this off? I... may have created a monster. ._.
Join me on an Odyssey.

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 09 Dec 2008, 18:12

Well, it really depends on whether you want to make money off it or not.
If you do, then it'll take a buttload of time, you'd have to make a company, get VAT registered and so on.

If you don't, you can just release it as a podcast - it's free, fast, easy, and I'm sure EP wouldn't mind hosting it if it came to that.
- De apibus semper dubitandum est
(You never know about bees)

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 12 Dec 2008, 03:00

Hey guys. Can I play? :D