Eurobeat Compilation 2

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Eurobeat Compilation 2

Post by Shinraikan » 05 May 2009, 06:18

I've decided this forum needs some more love so here we go...

I'd like to get started on the next compilation and perhaps set a tentative date of August or so to give us some time to get our tracks done as well as get more artists involved in this release. If possible I'd also like to make this release more of an "album" with also a separate podcast set aside for it.

With that being said I'd like to hear everybody's ideas and such and go ahead and ask who is willing to do what for everything including coordination, nonstop mix, etc. I think zuopzoup2 expressed a disinterest in coordinating again but we'll see how he feels. I'm more than ready to help with the release as well as putting together a number of original, non-remixed music this time.

One question that crossed my mind is... would anyone like to have a theme for this release? I was thinking something along the lines of 80s music covers but that's just an idea. :P

So, who's in?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Re: Eurobeat Compilation 2

Post by zoupzuop2 » 05 May 2009, 07:43

Shinraikan wrote:I've decided this forum needs some more love so here we go...

I'd like to get started on the next compilation and perhaps set a tentative date of August or so to give us some time to get our tracks done as well as get more artists involved in this release. If possible I'd also like to make this release more of an "album" with also a separate podcast set aside for it.

With that being said I'd like to hear everybody's ideas and such and go ahead and ask who is willing to do what for everything including coordination, nonstop mix, etc. I think zoupzuop2 expressed a disinterest in coordinating again but we'll see how he feels. I'm more than ready to help with the release as well as putting together a number of original, non-remixed music this time.

One question that crossed my mind is... would anyone like to have a theme for this release? I was thinking something along the lines of 80s music covers but that's just an idea. :P

So, who's in?
D'ah! Beaten to the punch! (Main point italicized; it's a big post~!)

I'll be blunt, the requests and implications that a second one should arrive have been pretty strong lately! I'd be right on it, to be honest, but... May is such an incredibly busy month right now, I don't know where to begin! Outside of school and work in general, I have a wedding to attend, a possible other event, finals, final PROJECTS, and a few music projects (which I can't discuss openly ;3 ), so you can see why I've staved off a few rumors while nearing the month of May~!

TBH the original intention for Underground Eurobeat was to be its own stand-alone podcast, and very soon after May I will have the resources to host it as a stand-alone. I'd like to thank the members of Super Euro Power Hour for not only hosting the behemothic file, but going so far as to review it with myself and Shin... but ultimately, it would better serve the Eurobeat community if it stands on its own as well. Hopefully I'll be able to provide this soon enough.

What I'm against doing this time in particular is COLLECTING the files. Besides completely leaving "Heaven is a Place On Earth" from The Paradise Last out on accident, there were a few other situations that could've made for a bigger headache than it ended up being. I'm still very open to stringing the files together and bringing The Announcer back for another run (he's been a bit of a drag now that the Girl Scout cookies are gone and he doesn't like the Oreos we've got), but it's clear I was under-prepared for a podcast of such magnitude, in terms of song management. I also never made clear the role of remixes vs. originals and if a song would end up in the nonstop or extended or both.
(TL;DR: I'm irresponsible. 0////o )

I think remixes of already-existing songs would be okay for the nonstop mix or something, as long as I re-instate an idea I scrapped in the first one (a "spoken credits" segment at the end with some audio hilarity accompanying the boring parts, so credit is given where due). IIRC DJ Bouche (OMG SQUEEEE~!) had some interest in the podcast originally, and he mostly deals in remixes; if we were to bring him on board I'd be stoked! As well, we've been joined by a few more independent producers and fans, so perhaps the scope will be bigger by default. Seeing as we're a not-for-profit podcast we should be able to pull this off again., remixes or no.

In regards to nonstop mixes, I'm not sure what to do when more than one person is interested. Perhaps we have the nonstop-makers compete and have their entries voted on?

As for themes... I think it should be encouraged but not enforced. The theme, also, would be decided by a pool of ideas that had the "best few" selected, then voted on. (As for 80's remixes... I've always wanted to remix ONE of the Oingo Boingo songs, but I can never decide which one...!)
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 11 May 2009, 13:25

We'd be happy to join in with our forthcoming track but August is probably too soon, since the work hasn't even started yet :? If it was up to me only, I'd write ten of them by tomorrow (maybe exaggerating just a bit :D), but our producer, he's a busy man and currently working on four other tracks of ours. The nature of our production process also makes it next to impossible to conform to themes, so naturally, I'd suggest not making it imperative, because our song will be the one it will be and it's too late to change it at this stage...

As I mentioned somewhere, this will be our first attempt at eurobeat, so it's be very exciting to see what it turns out like. Hopefully our producer manages to create a credible sound. At least the problem won't be lack of exposure to example material :grin:

Our band is called Snowclone and this is what we sound like in our typical pop/dance styles. Of the existing tracks, Heart-Shaped Ice and Fall From a Height probably give the best indication of what to expect.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 08 Jul 2009, 05:02

Is this still a go? All I need for some tracks are vocals, at this rate. I can't wait to hear what's up!
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 13 Jul 2009, 07:42

Yes, it's a go. Let's start setting a date and messaging people. Maybe we can get a bigger turnout this time too.

I've also got a couple vocalists this time around so expect to hear some original, non-cover material from us. :D

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 13 Jul 2009, 18:27

I'm definitely up for some more original Eurobeat action. I have one song that needs some vocals and more production, but it shouldn't take too long.

I'm also considering doing a couple of remixes if I can ever find the time and I am able to turn the noises in my head into actual music! :P

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 06 Sep 2009, 01:07

Is this still going? With few-to-no official releases from Avex (and not much news from the Farm and Toshiba-EMI front), I would think we the fans have more of our share of the spotlight if we move quickly. :3
Join me on an Odyssey.

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 08 Sep 2009, 06:23

I definitely agree with you, we need to whip out a few albums to tide people over until next year. We'll all get better at production if we keep making new tracks. I know a lot of people have trouble getting vocalists so maybe we should push people towards working on eurobeat remixes for now? The more producers we have on our side the better and bigger our releases will be. :D

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 09 Jan 2010, 02:32

I've got some contributions, is anyone else ready-ish? We need to slap a final date on this puppy, nay?
Join me on an Odyssey.

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 18 Jan 2010, 10:02

zoupzuop2 wrote:I've got some contributions, is anyone else ready-ish? We need to slap a final date on this puppy, nay?
We've been quite delayed and our new tracks will hardly be finished before May... :???:
Every time I'm free

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 21 Feb 2010, 12:14

If May doesn't work, I'd say June. I've got some new stuff lined up just waiting to be finished. Just let me know!

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 19 Mar 2010, 09:28

Sooooo, what's up with this? I'd love to see the next comp. sometime in the next few months. Us indie producers have to get together and figure something out. Even if we each have one song that's still a pretty good lineup. We've got quite a few people to pester into working on music including:

Myself
Travis/Odyssey
Gary/The_Ditz
Mikaeru
Szymon/Cheesman
DJ Bouche
Sugano
UFOPOLI

And maybe more I can't think of right now. We might be able to coerce Pete from Diskowarp or even Jamie from Viverustudios (Melody & Mezzo). Let's do this thaaaang~

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 19 Mar 2010, 15:43

Shinraikan wrote:Even if we each have one song that's still a pretty good lineup.
Dude. I've already got TOO many tracks ready for this business. Remixes you'd NEVER expect outt'a me~
Join me on an Odyssey.

nullsoon
Euro To B

Post by nullsoon » 19 Mar 2010, 16:09

how about you guys do remixes for each other's songs ? that'd be super cool

also, SO looking forward to this

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 26 Mar 2010, 10:48

We're actually in the studio as we speak, so the track should be finished shortly :!: A few weeks for post-production, perhaps...
Every time I'm free