My Eurobeat demos

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
MiKong
Eurobeat Fan

My Eurobeat demos

Post by MiKong » 13 Jun 2012, 22:36

Hello all

I've been on this forum for a while but I don't really post a lot. I learned about eurobeat from listening to italo-disco, so I'm more used to the sounds of old, late-80s eurobeat. I started listening to the new stuff a few years ago and wondered how they produced it, because it sounds like it's a really hard genre to produce.

I currently produce Italo-disco tracks but recently I've started producing modern-sounding eurobeat. I've been having a few problems with writing eurobeat though... For some reason, I always think that the verses and bridges I write are too long- causing my tracks to run for 6-7 minutes whereas other tracks would run for 4 to 5 minutes.

Anyways, I have a few new tracks, some are works in progress all in this small demo-mix I made. The first two tracks are works in progress and the last two tracks are melody/riff ideas. The tracks in the middle are finished but need vocals.

uploaded to SoundCloud:
http://snd.sc/MG3azw

ask me if you want to hear a longer demo and i will send it over!

"Thy body speaketh falsehoods!" - Norma Sheffield

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 18 Jun 2012, 11:06

You're getting better! Hopefully one day you can join us in make music for Eurobeat Forever. Keep up the great work. :)

jorgea
Bad Bad Bad

Demos

Post by jorgea » 23 Jul 2012, 18:58

This are nice music.

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by newfield » 25 Jul 2012, 18:12

sounds like Asia-Time productions, some instruments sounds very familiar to me..what's your setup?

MiKong
Eurobeat Fan

Post by MiKong » 31 Jul 2012, 03:42

newfield wrote:sounds like Asia-Time productions, some instruments sounds very familiar to me..what's your setup?
Hi Mr Newfield, I've been building up my studio for a while, I use Cubase for sequencing/recording. I got a small 10-track mixer, a midi patchbay, and an interface for my computer.

my setup is

Roland Juno-106 (used for pads, sometimes bass, other 'core' sounds, noise fx, fast sequences and arps)
Roland JP-8000 (for leads, heavy bass sounds, arps and fast sequences)
Roland JV-1080 (complex pads, airy pads, ASIA-like brass patches, also good at A-Beat-C leads too)
Roland JX-10 (only pads, it's bad at MIDI so it never gets enough use)
Roland D-550 (mainly used for airy sounds, brass, great for bells, and "digitalnativedance!!")
Roland TR-505 (nearly everything, it's a very useful drum machine)
Access Virus A (i layer this with the JP8000 to give me cutting leads, also used for bass, pads, sparkly sounds, bells, PPG-type sounds)
Yamaha DX7IIFD (bells, arps and sequences, weird fx, leads sometimes)
Yamaha TX81Z (mostly bass, and for core sounds like guitar plucks, bells and pianos)
Yamaha REV-7 (for room-type sounds, symphonic effects, sometimes I use its plate reverb on vocals)
Yamaha SPX50D (have'nt used this yet, but I will for guitar distortions)
Akai S-1000 (i use this as my main drum sampler, i also use it for other sound effects)

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 01 Aug 2012, 18:52

You've got some amazing pieces there, especially the old styles :)

MiKong
Eurobeat Fan

Post by MiKong » 23 Oct 2012, 03:54

Hi everyone-

I didn't want to start another post here so I'm just continuing with this one. Some tracks from the demo-reel have been uploaded in full at my channel. More tracks to follow in the coming weeks.

Starting the writing on a new song this week, really looking forward to start the recording process! Get ready to hear something new :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSoundOfAGENT
https://www.facebook.com/dendomura

thanx