Very new to making eurobeat

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
dalziel
Bad Bad Bad

Very new to making eurobeat

Post by dalziel » 10 Jun 2014, 13:36

Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I've liked eurobeat for a few years but I got the idea just yesterday to see if I could try making something in a eurobeat style.

I came across this site yesterday when looking for some pointers and started making something. Today I listened back to it and found that although the style is right, it still sounds amateurish compared to what you guys here make.

I'd like you eurobeat musicians here to give it a listen (it's just a very short "proof of concept" demo) and give me your thoughts.

I really want to improve, and as I don't think I'm a complete beginner, perhaps some of you might give me a little help. I certainly need it!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/422 ... ttempt.mp3

Thank you so much for your attention :)

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 10 Jun 2014, 15:29

this is very good for the first time,you have big potential,keep it up!

i have some suggestion

-maybe you can use stronger kick drum
-add your vocal

then you have a booming track!

............................................(i think with some efforts,you will sound like odysseyeurobeat... :]] )

ah! what do you use for make music?

dalziel
Bad Bad Bad

Post by dalziel » 11 Jun 2014, 20:43

Thank you very much for your comment, KoolKool. I know that I need a stronger kick, but I can't work out how to make a good eurobeat style kick. To answer your question, I use Ableton Live.

I would really appreciate some words from others here. I want to learn and improve. It's an exciting opportunity to work towards producing professional sounding eurobeat tracks!

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 12 Jun 2014, 05:42

listen alots of eurobeat tracks you will realize they follow similar,or the same formular
take it simple,eurobeat is a type of eurodance with special brass lead
music is about creativity,it's not really necessary to follow exactly 100% the style

you can use a hard style kick with trance bassline,with some guitar sounds...

eurobeat nowadays influcence trance/hardcore....

Equinox
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Equinox » 14 Jun 2014, 23:04

:!: Really nice, actually! Keep it up and you'll be there in no time, the only thing I would really suggest is to have some sort of panning arpeggio playing to widen things up a bit, but as for the composition and structure you've got it!
17 year old Eurobeat producer. Check out my music at http://www.youtube.com/equinoxeurobeat