Latest track "Secret Lover" - critique requested!

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
dalziel
Bad Bad Bad

Latest track "Secret Lover" - critique requested!

Post by dalziel » 13 Jun 2015, 18:17

Hi everyone! Here's the second eurobeat track I've produced:

https://youtu.be/NDo0YjH7GqQ

I'm trying to work towards a more professional sound. Hopefully you'll recognise the progress I've made already! Despite being generally happy with this track, I recognise the poor vocal performance (badly hidden with a vocoder) and the somewhat lacking drums. The song writing and lyrics are pretty eurobeat-generic, but this is exactly what I was going for.

I'd really welcome critique, as specific as you can be. I don't think I'm a million miles away from what I'm trying to achieve, but I still need directions on how to get there!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 13 Jun 2015, 18:32

The song has a rather strong VIP feel to it. From the very beginning I could instantly imagine this sort of a track appearing next to Vip Stars or R20Works. Nice synth and melody innit. Some proper vocals would naturally help a huge deal as well, but it's sounding like eurobeat alright.

dalziel
Bad Bad Bad

Post by dalziel » 16 Jun 2015, 18:10

Kiitos Bore, thank you for your comments. I'm certainly glad to have the general style and sound right :)

I'd still very much welcome any pointers from other producers here.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 16 Jun 2015, 20:57

I can say right away that the riff would be cool but the little fade-in at the start of each bar makes it sound really strange in my ears. Other than that I like the punchy bass and kicks and the transition into the chorus is absolutely killer.
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!