Ryuko Pegasasu: New eurobeat musician with upcoming album!

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Ryuko Pegasasu: New eurobeat musician with upcoming album!

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 10 Jan 2016, 08:13

Hello eurobeat fans and musicians! :grin:

First off I know I'm late on this, but I would like to wish everyone in the forums a Happy New Years and that I am very proud to be a new member of the forums! :D

I am a 19 year old student in Canada who has had an interest in producing eurobeat music for a few years now. With the help of various singers, I am currently in the process of a new collaborative album coming out on Bandcamp. Pretty much half of it is done already (I've uploaded 5 songs so far!) and two singles already out on Bandcamp! 8)

I've started work on this album as early as December 2014, but I have worked on most of the instrumentals during March to August 2015 (although three of the tracks are renewed versions of previously unreleased material from 2013-14).

With all of that said, I am willing to get some feedback on what I have already made. This is of course my first time doing an album. I'll post a link to my channel and bandcamp so you can take a peek at the songs and provide opinions on the one's you've listened to:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0t6LE ... Krw/videos

https://galaxianrecordings.bandcamp.com

What do you think?

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 10 Jan 2016, 10:33

you too,happy new year!
your eurobeat sound nice,but i think the vocal part still need more improvements,mixing and singing!
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 10 Jan 2016, 11:01

I can only agree with KoolKool. The instrumental sounds great but it's the vocals which aren't perfect yet.

Another which bothers me is the Eurobeat font on your Invincible cover. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like it to be used for things that are no Eurobeat-like logo, like the artist name. The font doesn't look good to me except the letters used in "Super Eurobeat". :D

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 10 Jan 2016, 18:57

Thanks so much for your feedback guys ! ^_^

Yeah it's been a while since I've mixed people's vocals before I started working on the albums so I know the mix may be a little dry or over amplified, but I hope to get better with the production of it as I'd love to get my singers talent out there so I do welcome your critique. :)

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 23 Jan 2016, 17:26

Did some renewed artwork for my upcoming album. It has my Ryuko Pegasasu anime OC in it as well. :D What do you think of it guys? 8)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Jan 2016, 04:50

Listened and downloaded. Awesome track but........ those vocals are horrid. The terrible microphone doesn't help the cause at all.

So, what I did is, I took the acapella and the instrumental and I remastered the whole vocal line with the help of the extended to help time things out.

So, check out the results:
http://tinyurl.com/invincible-remaster-mega

Cheers.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 24 Jan 2016, 05:13

Thanks for your opinion and I think I see what you did there with the remaster.

Thanks for the idea, I'll be sure to pull down the volume of the vocals slightly for the album's release, a step in the remastering process :) Any other suggestions in terms of the vocal mixing that you would like to throw in?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Jan 2016, 18:30

Galaxian Recordings wrote:Thanks for your opinion and I think I see what you did there with the remaster.

Thanks for the idea, I'll be sure to pull down the volume of the vocals slightly for the album's release, a step in the remastering process :) Any other suggestions in terms of the vocal mixing that you would like to throw in?
Yeah, I mixed them in at 65% of initial volume, except at the crazy part 3:53 where it's 70%.

Note: 65% of the initial volume of the acapella file.

EDIT: The vocal effects at the end were just copied over from the original file.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 24 Jan 2016, 21:34

Cool cool. So that would be like roughly a -3 dB reduction?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 25 Jan 2016, 04:32

Galaxian Recordings wrote:Cool cool. So that would be like roughly a -3 dB reduction?
Hmm... ~-4 db from the highest peaks in the acapella. (normal vocal parts)
~-3 db from the highest peak for the "crazy part". (yes, 5% can make that much difference)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 25 Jan 2016, 05:40

Lebon14 wrote:
Galaxian Recordings wrote:Cool cool. So that would be like roughly a -3 dB reduction?
Hmm... ~-4 db from the highest peaks in the acapella. (normal vocal parts)
~-3 db from the highest peak for the "crazy part". (yes, 5% can make that much difference)
Seems legit. Will keep those values in mind once I start remastering for the finished release of the Volume 1 album. 8) Thanks

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 26 Jan 2016, 01:33

and.........you can't go serious...with your current art.....
so one more thing i suggest that you ask any friend who good at drawing,draw for you a decent cover..... or else...look for shutterstock!

also ........the font in your cover not really Eurobeat font??!!
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 26 Jan 2016, 04:18

KoolKool wrote:and.........you can't go serious...with your current art.....
so one more thing i suggest that you ask any friend who good at drawing,draw for you a decent cover..... or else...look for shutterstock!

also ........the font in your cover not really Eurobeat font??!!
I'll admit, I did decide to go for something a little cartoony using Illustrator and Photoshop, as this is my art/anime style. Yeah, my rather unique touch I've decided to use for my album series is the usage of OCs (original character).

I know, I kinda got the OC idea inspired by my days in the MLP:FiM fandom where all the musicians in the fandom had their own pony OCs. Then again, people in the anime fandom do their own anime OCs on DeviantART whether it is entirely original, or a homage to their favorite series. I know this may sound corny, but this is what I've decided to go for.

Regardless of what I go for even if it sounds bizarre, I will not block out any constructive criticism. Any improvements to my art style are welcome, as I wouldn't mind making changes to the current cover. :)

Oh and I used the eurobeat.ttf font supplied by Humbedooh back in 2008. :wink:

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 26 Jan 2016, 10:05

lol! ..honestly you draw better than me...ha ha! so just keep doing what you like...maybe someday,you will get what you desire after hard effort everyday :D

example
http://tsuki-ru.deviantart.com/art/Impr ... -497584770
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 26 Jan 2016, 15:22

KoolKool wrote:lol! ..honestly you draw better than me...ha ha! so just keep doing what you like...maybe someday,you will get what you desire after hard effort everyday :D

example
http://tsuki-ru.deviantart.com/art/Impr ... -497584770
Eh, I could improve a bit once again, but hey thanks so much! :D I think I'm happy with my cover either way. I know my previous one I was going to use wasn't really good for me (effects were cool, but the Illustrator sketching looked very cheap)

Thanks for the reference page btw!