a Proper Eurobeat drum pattern?

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
DJ Timotei
Bad Bad Bad

a Proper Eurobeat drum pattern?

Post by DJ Timotei » 29 Jan 2016, 06:42

Hey everyone. Recently I posted something about needing a DJ Command synth and thankfully I got that sorted out. and I realised that now my biggest problem is making a good drum pattern. I've tried using a simple kick-hat-kick-hat sequence but it doesn't seem to be working out very well. Could someone help me in this area? Perhaps like what drums I should use, and in what order or pattern should I arrange them. Thank you so much! :3
My name is Timothy~ I love making Eurobeat edits as well as megamixes! ^^

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 29 Jan 2016, 08:51

soundcloud.com/hainam-1

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 29 Jan 2016, 10:05

I guess you want that typical pumping Eurobeat rhythm, right? You won't get it only with your drums, you'll also several instruments like bass and stabs on the offbeats. The bass drum should be powerful but not too loud, it's really important to get the accent on the offbeats to get that typical Eurobeat rhythm. It took me quite a while to find out how it works, so I'll guess you'll also have to experiment a bit. Of course I could tell you what sounds exactly I use but I guess you'd rather want to find your own signature sound.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 29 Jan 2016, 10:25

i like 80s drum sounds..you can find on Linhdrum ;)

.....lol! cool sign!
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 29 Jan 2016, 11:05

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 29 Jan 2016, 11:39

here is my drum pattern number 3,still use linhdrum but deep compressor processing,you will get somekind of "woody" kick

https://soundcloud.com/hainam-1/my-spac ... ern-type-b
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 29 Jan 2016, 12:41

@ KoolKool

I absolutely love Linndrum too. But it's better for Italo Disco and Spacesynth than for modern Eurobeat (still great to get the sound of early 90s Eurobeat).
Still you can use a little trick to give the Linn bass drum more low end which is useful for a modern sound. You have to cut the low frequencies of the Linn bass drum (I do it at 150 Hz) and use a TR-808 bass drum as a second sample but with a high cut at 150 Hz. Balance both samples well and you got that 80s style attack kick sound combined with a powerful modern low end.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 29 Jan 2016, 13:10

Anthony McBazooka wrote:@ KoolKool

I absolutely love Linndrum too. But it's better for Italo Disco and Spacesynth than for modern Eurobeat (still great to get the sound of early 90s Eurobeat).

yes,sample usually lack of low end
so my workflow is always like that :) 2 kick layers EQ+Compressor

still.... i would love to so see oldskool back,eurobeat is not like hardcore&trance...so you don't need make too much power from kickdrum..honestly
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

DJ Timotei
Bad Bad Bad

Post by DJ Timotei » 30 Jan 2016, 00:37

Anthony McBazooka wrote:I guess you want that typical pumping Eurobeat rhythm, right? You won't get it only with your drums, you'll also several instruments like bass and stabs on the offbeats. The bass drum should be powerful but not too loud, it's really important to get the accent on the offbeats to get that typical Eurobeat rhythm. It took me quite a while to find out how it works, so I'll guess you'll also have to experiment a bit. Of course I could tell you what sounds exactly I use but I guess you'd rather want to find your own signature sound.
Thanks for the help guys! But then again, I really have no background or experience when it comes to making music (I cant even play an instrument in real life HAHA), and I did get some drum packs for FL Studio and tried messing around with it, and all I can say is my beats would work great if I was making something that's NOT a song .-. So if possible could u guys just send a bunch of screenshots of what the arrangement of the drums should look like? Maybe from there I'd tweak around and change stuff abit here and there. Thanks!!
My name is Timothy~ I love making Eurobeat edits as well as megamixes! ^^

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 08 Feb 2016, 20:20

The screenshot of eXtaticus looks fine to me. But like I said, the pumping Eurobeat rhythm comes not from the drums only but from a combination of drums, bass and syncopated stabs.