My first eurobeat remix

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
BlindedVanguard573
Eurocurious

My first eurobeat remix

Post by BlindedVanguard573 » 13 Jun 2016, 14:24

http://blindedvanguard573.tumblr.com/po ... y-ounce-of

This took me a while to put together, but I'm very proud of it! I was aiming to capture the sound of the golden age of ABeatC eurobeat. The opening's a bit weak, but the rest of the song is something I put loads of effort into. I would love to hear your feedback!
https://soundcloud.com/bvg_music
I post my eurobeat songs here!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 13 Jun 2016, 14:44

The song has a very strong... VIP/Love Para-Esque feel to it. The sounds are more J-euro influenced than traditional eurobeat, but it all sounds rather nifty. Not familiar with the original so don't have much comparisons to do, but I do like the videogame sounds whether original or remixed.

BlindedVanguard573
Eurocurious

Post by BlindedVanguard573 » 13 Jun 2016, 15:03

Bore wrote:The song has a very strong... VIP/Love Para-Esque feel to it. The sounds are more J-euro influenced than traditional eurobeat, but it all sounds rather nifty. Not familiar with the original so don't have much comparisons to do, but I do like the videogame sounds whether original or remixed.
Thanks for your feedback! LovePara... that's Dima, right? I can see where you'd get that comparison. While I was going for an ABeatC feel with the synths and bounciness (using the Eurobeat Disney version of Bibbidi-Babbidi-Boo as my example), I guess I ended up letting my inner j-euro influence take control! Also, the videogame synths were my idea, glad you appreciate them!

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 13 Jun 2016, 16:08

ha ha! nice! :D
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 13 Jun 2016, 19:42

BlindedVanguard573 wrote:
Bore wrote:The song has a very strong... VIP/Love Para-Esque feel to it. The sounds are more J-euro influenced than traditional eurobeat, but it all sounds rather nifty. Not familiar with the original so don't have much comparisons to do, but I do like the videogame sounds whether original or remixed.
Thanks for your feedback! LovePara... that's Dima, right? I can see where you'd get that comparison. While I was going for an ABeatC feel with the synths and bounciness (using the Eurobeat Disney version of Bibbidi-Babbidi-Boo as my example), I guess I ended up letting my inner j-euro influence take control! Also, the videogame synths were my idea, glad you appreciate them!
Love Para² is a mixed compilation series:
https://www.discogs.com/label/750536-Love-Para2

For the song, it's not my style but... THAT'S YOUR FIRST TRACK? DAMN! I can see that you have a lot of potential.
Here's your song title actually written in Japanese: 笑っちゃおうよBOYFRIEND
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

BlindedVanguard573
Eurocurious

Post by BlindedVanguard573 » 14 Jun 2016, 19:30

Lebon14 wrote:
Love Para² is a mixed compilation series:
https://www.discogs.com/label/750536-Love-Para2

For the song, it's not my style but... THAT'S YOUR FIRST TRACK? DAMN! I can see that you have a lot of potential.
Here's your song title actually written in Japanese: 笑っちゃおうよBOYFRIEND
Thanks!! Yeah, this is my first track, I had some experience with music production beforehand, but not that much. I'll keep at it!

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 16 Jun 2016, 15:45

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 16 Jun 2016, 15:57

i have no problem with male vocal part, it change the mood and add interesting sounding to the track...like rap in eurodance

i think if you can't build the ending well enough,so just leave the riff melody play endless and do "fading out" like most eurobeat usually does that common technique
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

BlindedVanguard573
Eurocurious

Post by BlindedVanguard573 » 16 Jun 2016, 18:49

eXtaticus wrote:It's pretty good. I'm not especially keen on the song itself, but your riff is strong. Production-wise:

>There's consistently too much bass. It's primarily a problem with the aggressive, clicky kick and buzzing synth bass, but it just sounds too speaker-shaking right now.

>The bit where the low, male voice comes in with the "ganbatte ____" line is almost completely inaudible. Turn him up.

>The lead vocal not punching through quite enough is a consistent problem, especially in busier sections. Most of what I can hear is the "S" and "CH" sounds popping through and the rest getting lost.

>Transitions between sections should have a little more emphasis, maybe adding a sweep (downlifter), a reverse cymbal at the end of each section, or larger, louder cymbal crashes, noise bursts, bassy booming sounds... anything to mark the start of your choruses, verses and riffs.

>The fact that you added extra percussion later on in the track was a nice touch, but the ending in general seems like something of an anticlimax. The final riff and ending aren't really emphasised enough, sounding a touch quieter than the post-chorus instrumental section that precedes them. Maybe the short melody after the last riff could be a little longer too?

Other than that, it's a strong first showing, though it sort of feels like it drags on for a little longer than it should, and the soundscape is bass-heavy and doesn't necessarily feel as fleshed-out as it could be - though a lot of what I've described can be fixed through the use of limiters and EQ. I'm not too fond of a lot of the sounds used, either, and although this is just personal opinion and preference, a lot of it just sounds too... "standard virtual analog", if you know what I mean. The 8-bit sections sort of benefit from this, though, and were a really nice touch.

Also: upload it to YouTube or SoundCloud! Tumblr's audio players are bad, and you'll never gain traction by posting your sounds on a blogging site alone; a dedicated repository for your music is necessary, and that's something that works best on media-focused sites like YouTube and SoundCloud, not least because people are more likely to be actively searching for music on those sites.
Thanks for your in-depth analysis and review! I followed you on tumblr as soon as I found out you had followed me. A few things:

Bass is too much? I honestly thought it wasn't enough! Like I said before, I used the Eurobeat Disney version of Bibbidi-Babbidi-Boo as my example to go by, and my bass always felt weak in comparison. The main reason that the vocals are quiet at certain points is because I used a home-made acapella (phase cancellation in Audacity), and if I turned them up TOO loud you'd hear parts of the original song; that "extra percussion" was not my doing, it was in the original song LOL. My DAW is Mixcraft 7 and I used Synth1 VSTs and Vengeance drumkits, although I may have used one or two default VSTs from Mixcraft. I'll definitely open up a Soundcloud in the near future!

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 18 Jun 2016, 04:08

Loving the little 8-bit parts!! :!: For a first this is pretty solid man, keep making more but like eXtaticus said, use YouTube! Oh and my suggestion on top of that is: get Bandcamp too!!! That way you can release your stuff like a digital single or album...and you can put in a donation option if you're releasing it for free!

BlindedVanguard573
Eurocurious

Post by BlindedVanguard573 » 18 Jun 2016, 14:00

Galaxian Recordings wrote:Loving the little 8-bit parts!! :!: For a first this is pretty solid man, keep making more but like eXtaticus said, use YouTube! Oh and my suggestion on top of that is: get Bandcamp too!!! That way you can release your stuff like a digital single or album...and you can put in a donation option if you're releasing it for free!
Thanks! I don't have a YT, but I did sign up for Soundcloud yesterday! https://soundcloud.com/user-36869366[/url]

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 18 Jun 2016, 14:12

Galaxian Recordings wrote:Loving the little 8-bit parts!! :!: For a first this is pretty solid man, keep making more but like eXtaticus said, use YouTube! Oh and my suggestion on top of that is: get Bandcamp too!!! That way you can release your stuff like a digital single or album...and you can put in a donation option if you're releasing it for free!
Thanks! I don't have a YT, but I did sign up for Soundcloud yesterday! https://soundcloud.com/user-36869366[/url]
Awesome !