I made a Eurobeat track

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 15 Dec 2016, 16:59

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

HonestPie
Bad Bad Bad

Post by HonestPie » 16 Dec 2016, 03:19

xiao wrote: ★ I wonder what happened to the OP ~ did we scare her...? XD
Nope, just been a little busy. But I'm here once again! Well, time to reply to everyone :D
xiao wrote:> DJ Command (?) Image☆
Ooh, seems like a pretty nice artist, but no :P Actually, the small amount of Eurobeat in my collection consists mostly of either SOUND HOLIC and NJK Records, or artists trying their hand at Eurobeat with a track or so.
xiao wrote:★ A very speedy track ~ when people like adding guitars to eurobeat they tend to go the Sinclaire/Command route & do some hot metal riffs like you did -- but I was raised on an acoustic & Go Johnny Go...

★ Remember that old Jimmy Eat World song the middle -- that kind of solo & pizzicato's are what really get me weak in the knees ~ especially on eurobeat | in Spanish we call it requinto or requintear~ ♫
Oh, I see. I'd like to try out more sounds on guitar like that, but it's pretty hard to get a good sound at that point without a real guitar (or money for plugins) XD
xiao wrote:★ Why no vocals? ... diamond in the rough that's what you are my friend~ ♡
Thanks! :grin: I probably won't be able to find a vocalist though (don't personally know anyone who can sing ), so I'll probably just add a synth melody to the song.
Anthony McBazooka wrote:The bass isn't too loud, quite the opposite, but I would recommend to use some side-chain compressing with the bass drum to get more of the pumping effect you need for Eurobeat.
While I do think that pumping effect isn't needed for Eurobeat, I think it can be certainly used. Though I probably might not use it in my case, as I like the consistent and clean alternating bass in Eurobeat. But I do let side-chaining shine in the genre change of the song :D

Also, is the song actually fast? I had it at a lower BPM when I first started the song, but I thought it was too slow, so I turned it up to a speed I found more "normal"...I guess I am a sucker for fast songs (considering the genres I commonly listen too). Or maybe I was influenced by SOUND HOLIC (are their songs considered fast?)...I did find this song a couple of weeks ago that I really like, and I used it as a check for my BPM in the making of the song (though my song is still a bit slower).

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 16 Dec 2016, 06:28

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 16 Dec 2016, 12:35

How do you understand pumping? Isn't the offbeat pumping the key element of the Eurobeat rhythm?

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 16 Dec 2016, 13:41

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Gabriel C Media
Euro To B

Post by Gabriel C Media » 16 Dec 2016, 14:48

Anthony McBazooka wrote:How do you understand pumping? Isn't the offbeat pumping the key element of the Eurobeat rhythm?
Well, yes. I mean, when you said side-chaining, I thought you meant pumping in the sense of putting an LFO on a bass and getting THAT kind of pumping. The sort you will hear in Happy Hardcore or can turn into an aggressive Dubstep wobble.

Eurobeat has it's own aggressive bass(es) and an off-beat hi-hat which I guess can be described as pumping. If that's what you meant, I can understand. It's different though than the Hardcore rhythm from above, which is what it seemed you were talking about when you mentioned side-chaining :).

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 16 Dec 2016, 15:06

Okay, now I get it. Well, side-chaining can also nicely be used to get a better offbeat pumping for Eurobeat. If you use the standard FM bass sounds, it's totally unnecessary but when you experiment with other sounds that don't have that strong attack and maybe even a bit more sustain, it can be really useful. It's also useful when you play around with other bass patterns than simple offbeat notes. In my Run! Run! Run! cover (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuAKSp9TaUs) I mostly used the original bass pattern and this only works with even very excessive side-chaining.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 17 Dec 2016, 02:47

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: I made a Eurobeat track

Post by Kat » 19 Mar 2017, 16:30

You definitely nailed it dude
Wake up in the morning with my book
I'll go to my school I'll go very fast
'Cos I've a lot study and I wanna be ready tonite
When the disco is open