HINOI Team videos, a short review

Music that is not eurobeat!
WEKS
Bad Bad Bad

HINOI Team videos, a short review

Post by WEKS » 29 Dec 2005, 21:49

Yeah well I was bored and I found these to videos so I started writing and I came up with this... a review of some sort I suppose which I just couldn't throw away but had to post somewhere. I don't even know if this the right section to post this but... There are probably some grammatical errors and such, sorry. All of this is of course IMO.

------------------------------------------------------------------

HINOI Team seems to be a newcomer in AVEX Traxs lineup and have so far only released two albums, both of which would have hardly made up one whole if combined. Worse yet, only one of their songs is original (King Kong). From the legendary Night of Fire to the ancient (1989) Sing Na Na Na they seem to be hell bent on creating a "ParaPara version" of the good Eurobeat classics.

This time around I'll do a short review of two music videos, based of NIKOs Night of Fire and Tri-Stars Ike Ike.

HINOI TEAM

Hinoi Team - Ike Ike

I first heard it on the Euromach series and I loved it and it got stuck in my head. So it was only natural that I recognized when I heard it (or rather HINOI Teams version of it) as the ending song in the anime Ichigo 100%, this was also the first time I got in contact with HINOI Team.

The first thing you notice about this video is that the budget, that is next to nothing. The whole thing somehow screams cheap and the terrible CG lights that pop out don't really help improve this feeling. However the good looking girls from HINOI Team do a fantastic job at reverting your vision. This being a ParaPara version they are of course doing the standard routine but the camerawork, or rather the speed of it, makes it look less stupid than usual and that I appreciate.

Moving on to the thing that matters, the actual song. I really liked the original Ike Ike and I must say I like this one just as much, if not more. The Japanese lyrics they replaced the original ones with sound really good (even if I can't understand much) and it's almost scary how well they go with the original melody. But most importantly they have managed to retain that awesome explosive hi-energy happy go lucky feeling of the whole thing, and in Eurobeat, thats half of the job done, right? They haven't done much to the melody itself, probably speed it up a bit but thats about it. It's not such a bad thing though.

8/10

HINOI Team with Koriki - NIGHT OF FIRE

Even if this ParaPara version of, the now almost legendary, Night Of Fire can't match the level of NIKOs original, it is still however, even if for nothing else, worth watching just because of the incredibly hot members of HINOI Team. Their "arabic harem" outfits really work, at least for me.
Then we have this Koriki character, who I would have done fine without. He doesn't really work as a comedic relief or for what ever reason the people at AVEX Trax decided to have a fat half naked guy screaming something from time to time (mostly "yeah") in the otherwise decent performance by HINOI Team. Not to mention his "talks" in which he sounds (and acts) like he is drunk, surely someone was running out of ideas? The contrast between Koriki and girls is in fact so large that it almost hurts.

On a more technical note the fast cut camera work, like in Ike Ike, helps the otherwise lame ParaPara dance look kinda cool, even to me. Then we have the budget which is of course not highest possible (yet probably higher than in Ike Ike) but again I assure you, you won't be looking at the CG, the set or Korikis outfit.

As for the song, it's about what you'd expect after hearing their version of Ike Ike. The original lyrics have been replaced with Japanese ones that fit the original melody surprisingly well. The music has probably also been remade but with such conservatism that it's almost impossible to notice. If anything, I'd say the synth has been toned down.

If I were asked which of the two I think they did a better job with, I'd say Ike Ike. They might have been about the same if not for this Koriki guy, then again when taking on a project like Night of Fire the bar is pretty high to begin with. While they managed to retain the energy from the original Ike Ike, this Night of Fire sounds just a little bit less "energetic" when comparing it to the original.

6/10

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 30 Dec 2005, 13:10

I saw the Night of Fire video, and quite frankly, the Koriki guy scared me. Any eye candy the director is trying to make for the average male businessman to enjoy is wiped out rather quickly.

And their video for King Kong isn't *too* bad, but I don't remember seeing enough to pick up the whole routine.

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 30 Dec 2005, 13:27

Actually none of Hinoi Teams tracks are original King Kong is a cover of super eurodance group E-Rotic

WEKS
Bad Bad Bad

Post by WEKS » 30 Dec 2005, 16:07

Ah so thats why King Kong didn't sound anything like Eurobeat.

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 30 Dec 2005, 17:32

Well there is a eurobeat version and their 3 releases are singles not albums which is why they each have so few tracks

First single Ike Ike
Ike Ike and Sing Na Na Na

Second Single King Kong
Ike Ike (New Generation REmix),King Kong and Super Euro Flash

Thrid Single Night Of Fire/PLay With The NUmber
Night Of Fire, Play With The Numbers and Yeah! (cover of an unreleased eurobeat track by Christine)

WEKS
Bad Bad Bad

Post by WEKS » 30 Dec 2005, 19:31

I have a strange urge to listen to their version of Super Euro Flash :?

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 30 Dec 2005, 19:33

Eh in my opinion all aggressiveness was lost when they sang it. Personally the only Hinoi Team cover I find acceptable is their cover of Night Of Fire

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 03 Jan 2006, 04:15

Jayveemon wrote: Yeah! (cover of an unreleased eurobeat track by Christine)
Really? I always thought it was the opposite and Christine was the one covering them. Kind of like Vivace - Flame Love/Lolita - My Heart Burns Like A Fire

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 03 Jan 2006, 04:58

*shrugs* Castagna-Codenotti-Somenzi are listed in the song credits of Hinoi Team's version.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 05 Jan 2006, 20:45

Well for sure SCP could have produced the song for them, but it doesn't necessarily mean that Christine was the original vocalist.

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 05 Jan 2006, 20:53

yeah by christine was made before yeah by hinoi team, Yeah was originally scheduled for SEB 162

I love how Avex are releasing J-Euro covers before the originals come out... ::cough::Rain & Yeah::cough::

hollypolly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by hollypolly » 15 Feb 2006, 18:21

I saw on Avex website that Hinoi Team is planning some new releases for
march... More eurobeat covers .... WOW!!!

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 15 Feb 2006, 18:45

HINOI TEAM with Korickey, STICKY TRICKY AND BANG
[CD+DVD]AVCD-16095/B
First press: Sticker (out of 5)
[CD-only]AVCD-16096
First press: Trading card (out of 5)
CD tracklisting:
1.STICKY TRICKY AND BANG
2.ON MY OWN(Special Version)
3.NIGHT OF FIRE(DJ GUN MIX)
4.YEAH!(Korickey Maji Version)
5.STICKY TRICKY AND BANG(HINOIチームVersion)
6.STICKY TRICKY AND BANG(Instrumental)
7.ON MY OWN(Special Version Instrumental)

DVD tracklisting:
1.STICKY TRICKY AND BANG(Video Clip)
2.STICKY TRICKY AND BANG(Parapara Version)
3.Offshot

Hinoi Team, SUPER EURO PARTY
Supported by Korickey
[CD+DVD]AVCD-16092/B
First press: Sticker, HINOI TEAM MEGAMIX Vol.1 Compilation (Long Version)
[CD-only]AVCD-16093
First press: Sticker, HINOI TEAM MEGAMIX Vol.1 Compilation

CD tracklisting:
1.IKE IKE (TRI-STAR)
2.NIGHT OF FIRE (NIKO)
3.YEAH! (CHRISTINE)
4.HEY Mr.DJ (DOMINO)
5.SING NA NA NA (DOKI DOKI)
6.PLAY WITH THE NUMBERS (DOMINO)
7.SUPER EURO FLASH (FRANZ TORNADO & BAZOOKA GIRL)
8.EVERYBODY DANCE (LOLITA)
9.EMOTIONS (STEPHY MARTINI)
10.STICKY TRICKY AND BANG
11.JAM JAM JAM (KIKI & KIKA)
12.ON MY OWN (DONNA?)
13.AISHITERU
14.JUST FOR ME (VIVI)
15.KING KONG (E-ROTIC)
First press:
[CD+DVD]AVCD-16092/B
16.HINOI TEAM MEGAMIX Vol.1(Long Version)
[CD-only]AVCD-16093
16.HINOI TEAM MEGAMIX Vol.1

DVD tracklisting:
1.IKE IKE(Video Clip)
2.KING KONG(Video Clip)
3.NIGHT OF FIRE(Video Clip)
4.STICKY TRICKY AND BANG(Video Clip)
5.IKE IKE(Parapara Version)
6.KING KONG(Parapara Version)
7.NIGHT OF FIRE(Parapara Version)
8.PLAY WITH THE NUMBERS(Parapara Version)
9.SING NA NA NA(Parapara Version)
10.SUPER EURO FLASH(Parapara Version)
11.YEAH!(Parapara Version)
12.IKE IKE(Koriki Version)
13.Offshot

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 16 Feb 2006, 00:09

What's up with that Hinoi Team, SUPER EURO PARTY CD/DVD? Is Hidoi Team going to re-do all those songs, or are the original versions (from the original artists) on the cd?

I so hope Hidoi Team is not gonna screw up Vivi's song :(

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 16 Feb 2006, 01:08

Those are all covers.