Suggest to me some anime~

Music that is not eurobeat!
Nine
Mr. Domino

Suggest to me some anime~

Post by Nine » 17 Jul 2004, 06:58

I am getting back into the swing of anything Japanese, seeing Anime Evolution (a convention I'm going to) is next month. ^^ Could any of you suggest any anime (NOT NARUTO! *BURNS*) that I should check out? I haven't watch anything for such a long time. XD

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 17 Jul 2004, 08:44

First of all...

Azumanga Daioh!

Second of all...

Kodomo No Omocha!

After that...

Kero Kero Chime, Sensei No Ojikan, Princess Tutu, Twin Spica, Pita Ten, Pushi Puri Yuushi, Mahou Tsukai Tai (OVA), Bottle Fairy...

Take your pick, I'd go with Azumanga right away.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 19 Jul 2004, 13:20

Yes Azumanga, Osaka is always a riot. This is one series I've wanted to own, but my financial situation does not let me. First I kept on buying way too much manga, now I spend way too much time on ebay (not a good idea with my situation).

xDaNx
Euro To B

Post by xDaNx » 22 Jul 2004, 00:13

Bore wrote:First of all...

Azumanga Daioh!
Oooo! Hehe, I thought I was the only one who enjoyed this series! Yes, go for Azumanga Daioh, its really good and you can't help but fall in love with the characters! If you can't speak Japanese, don't worry, they're releasing English versions now! Currently, they released volumes 1, 2, and 3...(I just got 3 in the mail today ^_^!). I got a little pin in the 3rd's box...hehe, has those two white cats on it, gonna make sure I put that somewhere safe!

What is also cool about the English series is that each DVD includes a little booklet that explains Japanese culture from the episodes. For example, it explains why Chiyo-chan's friends get so worked up over the fact that she makes her own lunch...hehe, I didn't understand it until I read the booklet, so that thing comes in handy ^_~!

-Danny

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 22 Jul 2004, 01:13

xDaNx wrote:
Bore wrote:First of all...

Azumanga Daioh!
Oooo! Hehe, I thought I was the only one who enjoyed this series! Yes, go for Azumanga Daioh, its really good and you can't help but fall in love with the characters! If you can't speak Japanese, don't worry, they're releasing English versions now! Currently, they released volumes 1, 2, and 3...(I just got 3 in the mail today ^_^!). I got a little pin in the 3rd's box...hehe, has those two white cats on it, gonna make sure I put that somewhere safe!

What is also cool about the English series is that each DVD includes a little booklet that explains Japanese culture from the episodes. For example, it explains why Chiyo-chan's friends get so worked up over the fact that she makes her own lunch...hehe, I didn't understand it until I read the booklet, so that thing comes in handy ^_~!

-Danny
:O :O :O :O

I wanna know too! I've been drooling over the DVD-boxes on internet-stores and I'm dying to get the box-set with all of the episodes ;__; I already have all of the mangas but I want the anime as well! *cries*

xDaNx
Euro To B

Post by xDaNx » 22 Jul 2004, 02:36

Hehe, if you want, I can type up all of the "translator notes", aka the Japanese culture information, and e-mail it to you if you want? It would be no problem, I'm usually bored anyways, would give me something to do during the week ^_^!

-Danny

Jion

Post by Jion » 22 Jul 2004, 02:57

Azumanga is insane! I was watching it with Danny (xDaNx) and it was so hillarious! Your gonna have to let me see it again honey!
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Yusu
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Yusu » 04 Jul 2007, 01:32

first, before suggest any anime we should know what kind of anime do you like...or what kind of stories do you like...for example...love stories, fight stories, knights, cyberpunk, shojo, shonen, hentai, ecchi...etc..

well in my own opinion I suggest to you:

Yu Yu Hakusho
X-1999
GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Slam Dunk

=)

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: Suggest to me some anime~

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 30 Jan 2020, 21:20

Nine wrote: 17 Jul 2004, 06:58 I am getting back into the swing of anything Japanese, seeing Anime Evolution (a convention I'm going to) is next month. ^^ Could any of you suggest any anime (NOT NARUTO! *BURNS*) that I should check out? I haven't watch anything for such a long time. XD

That could be a little bit difficult.
First I need to know, what kind of Anime you like. I mean..., yeah "Give me a recommendation" is easy, but that has to be a bit more precise. Or do you watch every shit? When I say "Boku no Pico", would you watch it? :grin: Certainly not! XD

I could give so many recommendations, when it comes to Anime, I watched roughly estimated over 500 Anime the last 2 decades, lol.

But don't watch Initial D, for god's sake! This Anime is crap, just crap. If it weren't for the Eurobeat-soundtrack, nobody would know this series today. Watch every shit, but not Initial D.

But here are 3 Anime, that I can suggest to you:

Angel Beats!
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Kokoro Connect

I could write a long text about these Animes, but words alone are not enough to express the greatness of these series. I always say "Just watch it".

Normally I have way more recommendations than just these 3 Anime, but these ones came always immediately in my mind. I couldn't even do a TOP 10 (yeah, always these TOP 10, haha), there are so much great Anime there.

Oh, and don't forget "Kaguya-sama: Love Is War". One of the best Anime last year.

Yusu wrote: 04 Jul 2007, 01:32 first, before suggest any anime we should know what kind of anime do you like...or what kind of stories do you like...for example...love stories, fight stories, knights, cyberpunk, shojo, shonen, hentai, ecchi...etc..
My words! :wink:

I could even give some Hentai-recommendations, but.... yeah, whatever! :mrgreen: