Your Worst Flight Experience

There's a wide world also outside of Eurobeat, this is where you discuss it.
clubraf
Eurocurious

Your Worst Flight Experience

Post by clubraf » 19 Aug 2006, 03:29

For those of you that have flown before, what has been your most horrifying airport experience, or perhaps a traumatic flight en route?

With the current terrorist security measures at major airports, have the screenings beseeched your diginity?

As for me? A couple years ago after coming back to the US from an international flight, the airline, for some reason, did not list me on the flight passenger list. Customs didn't appreciate that. Obviously, I got through that snafu (!)

For actual flying, I was in some rather rough turbulene outside of Hawaii on a night flight. The turbulence lasted about 30 minutes. I needed to remind myself many times during that session that 747's can withstand 20 times the brutality on the airframe that we were going through. Nonetheless, it was bordering on "Thrilling".

Wazzithowzit, what about any else? (Erm, no spambots though, please...)

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 19 Aug 2006, 04:37

Hmm... I suppose my worst would be coming back from exchange in Germany last year. I packed a smaller bag with some valuables/breakables for carryon, and they wouldn't let me carry it on. They just gave me some smaller shopping bag only because I complained about some stuff I didn't want to check (and the bag was NOT packed well for checking). Plus my smaller keyboard got damaged on the flight.

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 19 Aug 2006, 06:34

I've never really had a bad experience on a plane before... probably due to the fact that I rarely if ever fly. Last time I flew was to Las Vegas but that was 2-3 years ago..

Anyways, the worst/scariest incident for me would have to be when me and my friend were joking about what would happen if right now the plane was gonna crash. Right after that the seatbelt sign went on and I was freaking out like crazy. I thought my karma had got the better of me or that I jinxed myself to death. Heh, it was only turbulence but I still got the shit scared out of me...
~Forget the bus, take the Express Love!~

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 19 Aug 2006, 08:25

Worst flight experience?

When I arrived back to Canada from Italy last May, I got stopped and sent to customs... and was interogated for 2 hours about my trip. It wasn't fun at all, they asked too many personal questions and I was so pissed because my flight in england was delayed for 1 1/2 hours, and staying in the offices for 2 more hours ...AND with my cell phone out of charge because I couldn't plug it in while in europe, I knew my parents waiting for me in arrivals were going to freak out about my whereabouts. lol

I sumbitted an official complaint to the Canadian Customs about it, but they don't give a shit about it and it's been pending for three months now.

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 22 Aug 2006, 06:22

Nine wrote:Worst flight experience?

When I arrived back to Canada from Italy last May, I got stopped and sent to customs... and was interogated for 2 hours about my trip. It wasn't fun at all, they asked too many personal questions and I was so pissed because my flight in england was delayed for 1 1/2 hours, and staying in the offices for 2 more hours ...AND with my cell phone out of charge because I couldn't plug it in while in europe, I knew my parents waiting for me in arrivals were going to freak out about my whereabouts. lol

I sumbitted an official complaint to the Canadian Customs about it, but they don't give a shit about it and it's been pending for three months now.
Wow, I wouldnt put up with that...
Did they at least have a good reason?
~Forget the bus, take the Express Love!~