Evolution of electronic music.

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Feb 2006, 11:12

8)It is interesting to see all our different views. I thought of another difference. It is so obvoius that it is sometimes overlooked.
Early Italo disco and SAW hi NRG can be played live. I mean actually all musical insruments. Dead Or Alive were a real band with Guitars Drums and Synths. I saw them live. with no lyp synching. Eurobeat on the other hand cannot ever be played live at the increased BPMs it contains. Sure some guy can jump around on stage and call himself Niko or Federico Rimonti(Franz Tornado) can srting along a guitar to HRGAttack songs, but can you actually play live any song that appears on SEB now a days?
To start off you need a handful of guys to recreat e the sound Laurent, Sergio, and Dave Rodgers creat on thier keyboards. Can you actually see the poor guy on drums on the latest GOTO song. It is funny when you try to imagine it .
So there is another difference I thought would be fun to point out :D

Super Racing
Euro To B

Post by Super Racing » 22 Feb 2006, 19:59

It is funny to see the opinion that eurobeat did not evolve out of italo disco, when you have italo disco music (such as the early Time singles) under names like Rose, Chester, Atrium etc on some italo disco music.........

I don't even call the current stuff Eurobeat anymore. Somewhere around the introduction of Delta and Music Fever/Mr M, it became a 3rd generation of italian music...........Para Para. Nuage is still Eurobeat, but the 155 bpm stuff deserves it's own category.
Last edited by Super Racing on 22 Feb 2006, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

Super Racing
Euro To B

Post by Super Racing » 22 Feb 2006, 20:02

drnrg wrote:8) hey for you guys who like 80's Italo Disco, there is a sight where can D/L music for your cd's. You need a credit card ,but the section on Italo Disco is huge. Just Type in Italo Disco and preview the songs. If you like them you can download for less than 3 dollars a song. That is a steel, concidering that some of those classics run in the 100's to own the 12's.
Here Is the Web Site:
http://www.allofmp3.com/index.shtml
Thanks for this info!

I found some of this music also at audiostore.ru. But the site you reccommend has higher bitrate downloads.

The I Love Disco Diamonds series is a goldmine.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Feb 2006, 03:29

8)Glad you like it. That is all I needed to complete my TIME records collection. I only need a handfull of songs to complete thier High Energy Eurobeat section. I totaly skip the Tony Scott houst prods.
... and yess the I Love Disco Diamonds series is just that Treasures :D

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 28 Sep 2006, 13:07

drnrg wrote: Early Italo disco and SAW hi NRG can be played live. I mean actually all musical insruments. Dead Or Alive were a real band with Guitars Drums and Synths. I saw them live. with no lyp synching.
Hmm, how did they play those 16th note sequences in "You Spin Me Round" without breaking off their fingers? ;)

Here's a good live performance of an "Italo" song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVHtnYgyVGs

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 28 Sep 2006, 15:21

Super Racing wrote:It is funny to see the opinion that eurobeat did not evolve out of italo disco, when you have italo disco music (such as the early Time singles) under names like Rose, Chester, Atrium etc on some italo disco music.........

I don't even call the current stuff Eurobeat anymore. Somewhere around the introduction of Delta and Music Fever/Mr M, it became a 3rd generation of italian music...........Para Para. Nuage is still Eurobeat, but the 155 bpm stuff deserves it's own category.
Yeah, if you listen to Ding a Ling and Ding a Ling 200 the changes are GLARING. Modern Euro sounds more like Jpop, actually. :shock:

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 28 Sep 2006, 16:18

Hmm? Anything past Delta's entrance should be considered Para Para? I disagree. I considered Eurobeat anything from That's Eurobeat to SEB 171. If you want to say any modern Eurobeat should be called Para Para, I think that's wrong. Para Para has been around since the late 80s.

NPC
Euro To B

Post by NPC » 03 Oct 2006, 01:11

OH yes, I've been linked to this crappy guide before.
Their M.O.V.E song under Jpop(#4) is the Eurobeat remix! agh! It's not the original! Get your labels right!(to whoever made this)

*Huge M.O.V.E fan*

Jion

Post by Jion » 03 Oct 2006, 01:42

Well I consider the older stuff released on SEB to be a continuation of Italo Discor AS WELL as Eurobeat. The main factor at the time that differentiated Italo Disco and Eurobeat was mainly the speed. Overtime different styles and effect gave Eurobeat it's own identity and helped it break away more and more from Italo Disco (much the same way Reggaeton (Daddy Yankee and Don Omar for example) evolved from Reggae with the addition of the dance hall beat.) Eurobeat evolved by taking the Italo Disco beat and not only speeding it up but taking influences from Dance & Eurodance music and 80's beat. Newer instrumentation changed the feeling and the merging of different styles and effects from genres like JPop, JRock and Trance began to give Eurobeat a new identity yet maintaining the original style. In essence, Eurobeat is a conglomeration of styles and while very hard to compare a song such as Bye Bye Baby by Max Coveri to Bazookaaa by Garcon, the original structure is very similar just sped up. The constant kick bass drum, the constant bassline, the riff, the melos and chorus; the structure of one song to another one in the Eurobeat line is very similar just different instrumentation, different effects, different producers, different emotion put forth by the song and different bpms.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 03 Oct 2006, 06:25

redtarzanboi wrote:The constant kick bass drum, the constant bassline, the riff, the melos and chorus; the structure of one song to another one in the Eurobeat line is very similar just different instrumentation, different effects, different producers, different emotion put forth by the song and different bpms.
It's all four-to-the-floor, but to quote Newfield from earlier in this thread: [in Eurobeat] "Accent is not on kick but on the upstroke as in reggae music."

Jion

Post by Jion » 03 Oct 2006, 12:56

The upstroke? I'm sorry I don't know what that is. i'm just looking at it from what i hear. Whats the upstroke?
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 03 Oct 2006, 13:38

redtarzanboi wrote:The upstroke? I'm sorry I don't know what that is. i'm just looking at it from what i hear. Whats the upstroke?
I think the name comes from guitar playing. (Downstroke, upstroke.)

Count one-and-two-and-three-and-four-and along with a track and listen to the bass... you'll hear the emphasis on the "and."

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 03 Oct 2006, 14:33

upstroke, upbeat, offbeat, andbeat... Really obvious in most HRG songs.