Mickey B Unveiled (Maybe...)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Mickey B Unveiled (Maybe...)

Post by Shinraikan » 24 Nov 2006, 10:17

Okay, so while doing some research on some A-Beat C artists I was playing some music in my collection when "Do As Infinity - Deep Forest (English)" began to play. I realized that the singer sounded somewhat familiar and after about fifteen minutes of going through my eurobeat I linked Mickey B. (Michaela Capurro) to the singer in that track. It's not in fact Tomiko Van from Do As Infinity as most people believe, but I'm 99.9% sure that it's Mickey B. The same singer is also used in the English version of "My Will". We all know that Max Alto sings the English version of "Change The World" as well as the eurobeat track, so why not?

Take a listen for yourself here and tell me what you think.

After doing more research the only results I could find for the singer of those two songs was "Name" and "Nuovo Interprete". Not very informative at all.

The search continues...

DanWaigand
Tha Graphic Guy

Post by DanWaigand » 24 Nov 2006, 13:16

You're right.. but I figured that it was common knowledge. She actually does two songs like this.. Aside from "My Will" is "Fukai Mori".. Both are her. Nice job spotting that one... A Ton of ABeatC singers do alot of other things as well.. and it would seem alot of people singing for SCP sing for other labels too..

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 24 Nov 2006, 15:20

Fukai Mori means Deep Forect in English :wink:

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 24 Nov 2006, 15:37

PsYcHoDaN wrote:and it would seem alot of people singing for SCP sing for other labels too..
Hmm? I was only aware of Luca, and that Stefania used to sing for them. Who else crosses over?

Unless you mean "not eurobeat", in which case yeah. Ennio tours with some singer as backup, Nicola has his own band, Melissa is with the Benzo Blues Band, Lilibeth does somethingorother, and Alessia did some work with some dark electronic group (I think, I forget the details)

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 25 Nov 2006, 01:36

Well, most eurobeat artists do music for other things of course. Gotta keep themselves busy, eh? I really wonder why Mickey B. is so hard to track down though, and why her real name never pops up on any search engine except for this website. :O

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 25 Nov 2006, 22:28

I was actually thinking of making a compilation of Eurobeat artists' non-Eurobeat songs. It's really hard to get some of them though...

I already found a few songs by Matteo Setti, two techno songs with Davide Budriesi on vocals, Powerful T and J.Storm's metal songs, and now two tracks with Mickey B. on vocals. Anyone got more?

I'm especially looking for any songs by Claudio Magnani's band September Groove, Simone Valeo's band Links, Dave & Clara's rock songs, and Maurizio de Jorio's cover of "Fastlove" (though I have no idea when and under what name it was released).

And by the way, what's the correct spelling of Mickey B's first name? Michela or Micaela? There is no such name as "Michaela" in Italian...

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 26 Nov 2006, 00:16

http://www.myspace.com/italiamexcal - Mexical - Nick Mansell's band

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 11 Dec 2006, 10:45

New info!!!
In the "A-Beat C on Myspace" topic, Ronald mentioned an interesting thing...
ronald wrote:Mickey B. and Stefano Brandoni are linked to eachother. They played in a band called 'Fame' (if I recall correctly).
I immediately thought of NAME (cause the English versions of Inuyasha songs are credited to NAME). I did a quick search and here's what I found:

http://www.blueisland.it/intothewell/musicit.htm
http://www.uds.it/view_intervista.asp?id_intervista=124

Steve Brando is most definitely Stefano Brandoni, and Ela is most definitely Michaela Cappurro... This also means we finally have a photo of her!
I found the lyrics to their debut single here (it also seems that the song can be downloaded from there).
In the interview, they mention that they made a video for it.
The interview mentions http://www.nameband.net/ as the band's official website, but it seems the site is down. :(

In other news...
PsYcHoDaN wrote:and it would seem alot of people singing for SCP sing for other labels too..
I found that Pamsy provided vocals to a song by Italian dance/pop project DB Boulevard. You can listen to it here.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 11 Dec 2006, 15:16

cheeseman wrote:I was actually thinking of making a compilation of Eurobeat artists' non-Eurobeat songs. It's really hard to get some of them though...

I already found a few songs by Matteo Setti, two techno songs with Davide Budriesi on vocals, Powerful T and J.Storm's metal songs, and now two tracks with Mickey B. on vocals. Anyone got more?

I'm especially looking for any songs by Claudio Magnani's band September Groove, Simone Valeo's band Links, Dave & Clara's rock songs, and Maurizio de Jorio's cover of "Fastlove" (though I have no idea when and under what name it was released).

And by the way, what's the correct spelling of Mickey B's first name? Michela or Micaela? There is no such name as "Michaela" in Italian...
Annerley Gordon is famously known in the dance group known as Whigfield with their hit song, "Saturday Night"...I've never heard it before, but I hear it was very popular in the early or mid 90s.

You could also try to gather Giancarlo and Clara's non-eurobeat rock/pop albums...I hear that Clara's "Ten Worlds" album is very good. Check out her official website to see a neat video.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 11 Dec 2006, 18:00

Yeah, I know Annerley did vocals for Whigfield. Saturday Night and Sexy Eyes are great tracks! :)

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 11 Dec 2006, 20:05

I thought it was funny that TIME made the eurobeat mix of Saturday Night 8D

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 11 Dec 2006, 23:17

Has it ever actually been proven that Annerley really did the vocals for Saturday Night? I mean, I've seen plenty of conjecture on the net, what with her being given a writers credit, but I've never seen any solid proof that it really is her.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 11 Dec 2006, 23:54

Well, here's what Alberto Contini mentions in the History of A-Beat C:
Annerley Gordon ( who left us at the end of '94 for changing style and becoming Whigfield and later ANN LEE)
Her voice is more similar to her Eurobeat tracks on Sexy Eyes than on Saturday Night though, since she hits much higher notes there.

Jion

Post by Jion » 12 Dec 2006, 00:46

Michela Cappuro looks sad in that pic lol...
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 12 Dec 2006, 07:22

taQ wrote:I thought it was funny that TIME made the eurobeat mix of Saturday Night 8D
Although Annerley Gordon has worked with Time before.

Ann Sinclair - Help Me: vocals
Pleasure & Pain - Kill The King: co-wrote

Hmm, from all the Whigfield songs I've heard (Sexy Eyes, Saturday Night, Think Of You, Close To You), it definately sounds like her singing to me.

"Oh Oh ah ah Sexy Eyes, I'm gonna take you to paradise, eh eh my my look at me, and I'm feeling free" :lol:
This site spells her name Michela

http://www.minc.gr.jp/minc-bin/sak_inf? ... 9679[quote]