Super Eurobeat 173

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 20 Dec 2006, 09:29

Just purchased all of them. Definitely misjudged "Your Love is Melody," definitely a great TIME track. Seems like this was a slower album overall.

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 21 Dec 2006, 19:42

Yeahhh! I got my copy today, and I don't be disappointed!
A very good selection overall, best for the end of this year.
So, I just pick some (in my opinion):
-Paul Harris - there's some special movements inside, very happy song, I like it!
-Nick Mansell - cool as always
-Mike West and Dave Simon - more better than the previous Time males, great job!
-Franz Tornado - Hmm, was better before, but no problem.
-Mika La-Do - Wow! Just like the old-school HRG females, similar sounds to the 90's great songs! Very good!
-Mega NRG Man - I was waitin' for him a long time ago. Very powerful T. Martin, but not so powerful music below. The synth is OK, kicks ass, but I miss something under the chorus. Overall: good. I hope I can find him on the future's SEB albums...
-Helena - I think it's time to retire. She is good only as a senior citizen. Don't like it.
-Pretty Woman - Yes! This is that Delta female, what I've waitin' for! This is my style: fast, energetic, great music and singing and the special parts of the song.. Woowww, the intro, or the synth without music.. Ahhh PERFECT! Reminds me my older favs like "Dolores - Someone precious" and "Drama - Slave to the rhythm".
-Dusty - another great SCP, my favorite label (after Asia records hehe), I can't find mistake in it. Cool.

So, congratulations to the pickers, keep on this.
Ciao
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 23 Dec 2006, 11:01

Again, here is my review for SEB. Though I'm disappointed the 'thing' that I was told may appear didn't; I'm looking forward to 174 and the fact didn't cloud my opinion of the other songs on this album. ;) Don't expect much from this, it's pretty much just like "Great song!" or "I dislike this song." lol

1. Nuage / Shine (4.5/5)
It's a cool song. It's calm, her voice is pretty mellow and it's a relaxing song to listen to. The synths are pretty good and it's nicely arranged.

2. Paul Harris / Mira La Luna (3.5/5)
Great song... it's not the best but it's still pretty cool.

3. Lisa Johnson / Doctor Doctor 2007 (5/5)
WOW. I love the original but this is even better. What an excellent remake, I'm really happy with it.

4. Nick Mansell / Burn Me Up (3/5)
I like the chorus of this song, and the rest is so-so. Good try. :)

5. Lolita feat. Annalise / Screaming (0/5)
Biggest let down for me on the album, I must say. When I think of Annalise and Lolita in a song called screaming... I pretty much EXPECT classic Annalise & Lolita scream-like songs. Plus, this format of ABeatC songs is becoming more boring than those female Time artist snorefest love ballads. Please stop this, ABeatC.

6. Mike West / Baby Illusion (3/5)
A well rounded song. Not a favorite, but I enjoy it.

7. Fancy / Cover Girl (5/5)
A great song! I love it. I don't know what else to say. haha

8. Franz Tornado / Baila Campanaro (3.5/5)
It's not the best same-sounding Hi-NRG Attack song, but it's still enjoyable. I found that it lacks that "umph" I come to expect from them. What that "umph" is, I can't explain. :P

9. Dave Simon / Speed Man (2/5)
I don't like this song. =(

10. Miak La-Do / I Am Your Barracuda (4.5/5)
I like this song! This is Hi-NRG Attack, right? :P Does she say "I want to be your stupid girl" ? XDDD

11. Mega NRG Man / In The Sunrise (5/5)
Another GREAT Mega NRG Man! I love the synths in this. The chorus is also great. It's one of the better songs on the album.

12. Helena / Your Love Is Melody (1/5)
...you know how I mentioned female Time artist snorefest love ballads? ...yeah. =/

13. Pink Star / Only When I Dance (2/5)
It's not great... but it's alright, I guess.

14. Kochiss / Born To Love You (3/5)
The intro makes me laugh. I don't know why, because it isn't funny. haha. I like the chrous, that's about it.

15. Dave & Nuage / Another Miracle (0/5)
I don't like it.

16. Pretty Woman / Cherry Girl (3.5/5)
It's a cute song, but it doesn't stand out that well. The chrous is weird, it reminds me of Lolita's Cherry Girl, except less good. :P

17. King & Queen / Say You'll Be There (5/5)
I absolutely love this song. It's great! The chrous is really catchy too... Say you'll be mine and say you'll be there~ hehe.

18. Dusty / Go Wild (4/5)
I love this GO2 song! I mean Dusty song. oops. They should have added Ace, added in "WE'RE GO2" 10,000 times, and then I would have given it a 5. haha

Best 5:
1. Doctor Doctor 2007
2. Say You'll Be There
3. In The Sunrise
4. Cover Girl
5. Shine

Biggest Disappointment:
Screaming

There you have it. My view on the album. It was pretty good, most of the music was stuff I liked a bit! :P

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 24 Dec 2006, 00:43

Nine wrote:Does she say "I want to be your stupid girl" ? XDDD
yes she does 8)

MarkIventi
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MarkIventi » 01 Jan 2007, 15:53

Screaming is awesome! I can't see how anyone can dislike it really. Production is TOP NOTCH (!!) as are the vocals, and it's almost oldskool with the fast BPM and stabby synths. Also I really love the melody and it's one of the better A.Beat-C's in a while.

Was quite disappointed with 173 otherwise... No real standouts for me unfortunately:

- What is happening with the authentic Eurobeat sound? Kochiss for example has more in common with German eurodance like Scooter/Special D/etc. than with Eurobeat.

- Where is the kickdrum in Mega NRG Man? Did they even add one?

- I'm not even gonna talk about Mikalado.

Helena and Nick Mansell were other highlights next to Lolita.

I'm still hoping for more mature songs and less childish songs with lyrics that don't even make sense (who in heaven's name sings about a barracuda!!!!!!!!). Onto the next one!

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 01 Jan 2007, 22:59

MarkIventi, do you like anything besides A-Beat C? Some of us can appreciate all forms of eurobeat.

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 02 Jan 2007, 00:10

taQ wrote:MarkIventi, do you like anything besides A-Beat C? Some of us can appreciate all forms of eurobeat.
What kind of an accusation is that? All he did was defend with justification why a particular A-Beat C song might not be as bad as some are making out.

Plus there was hardly that much there to qualify as other label bashing! :roll:

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 02 Jan 2007, 00:32

I'd consider two negative comments about I'm Your Barracuda to be label bashing.. :roll:

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 02 Jan 2007, 00:32

I only enjoy a few A-Beat C artists anymore. I'm more of a SCP kinda guy.

As for eurobeat outside of SEB, I don't listen to much of it. I don't like much outside of the SEB series. Parapara Hyper Best was okay...nothing too special on there for me.

Jion

Post by Jion » 02 Jan 2007, 01:37

taQ wrote:I'd consider two negative comments about I'm Your Barracuda to be label bashing.. :roll:
He just happens not to like that song. While I enjoy the song, obviously he didn't and doesn't enjoy the lyrics which I understand since many of HRG's lyrics well... suck. Thats not to say the songs do but I understand where he's coming from.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 02 Jan 2007, 01:55

para_rigby wrote:I only enjoy a few A-Beat C artists anymore. I'm more of a SCP kinda guy.

As for eurobeat outside of SEB, I don't listen to much of it. I don't like much outside of the SEB series. Parapara Hyper Best was okay...nothing too special on there for me.
I have to sadly sign this. Lately A-Beat C just has been getting worse and worse, where as the other labels seem to be improving to a certain extent. Especially Delta has been getting better and better in my ears. And well SCP has rocked ever since they started, not much to complain really (other than the extensive amount of Go2 ;D)

MarkIventi
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MarkIventi » 02 Jan 2007, 02:30

Guys, what's the big deal here? It's barely 2007 and I cannot even defend my personal taste?

And yes although I'm a big fan of A.Beat-C (mostly because of Annerley and Norma), I simply LOVE 99% of the SCP and Delta songs as well!! Also I used to love Time a lot but recently I haven't been into their songs that much, I was pleasantly surprised with Helena though!!

Come on, if HRG really wants me to be more positive they shouldn't make childish songs about barracuda's. I just think that's silly and tears down the entire genre. But who says they have to listen to me? Clearly the songs appeal to a lot of people so they should keep making them. Doesn't mean I can't wish for them to make more mature songs (especially cos they're great musicians and I feel they could do more).

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 02 Jan 2007, 03:26

of course you can defend your taste, but people have already defended it for you :P

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 02 Jan 2007, 09:22

Sometimes I listen only to the music! I don't care if they are singing about a Barracuda or a matchbox anyway.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K