Eurobeat and originality

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bore
Founder

Eurobeat and originality

Post by Bore » 12 Aug 2004, 13:12

With 14 long years of Eurobeat music for the good fans am I the only one who thinks that quite surprisingly the labels haven't lost their sense for originality and producing new and exiting materials? I mean first we had the years with SEB and Maharaja Night that had the same kind of athmosphere going on for ages, then suddenly Eurobeat Flash was there and introduced us to HI-NRG Attack and Vibration and they brought a nice spice to the whole genre. And during that time we also got clearly the most exciting and fresh materials from HI-NRG Attack. After that came Euromach and things started to slow down a bit, and during the 100-130 time the music got a bit repetitive on occasion. Then suddenly a big blast happened on 140 and we got all of the labels together and suddenly the whole table was turned as at least in my opinion 140s was clearly the best decade (only competitor for the decade is the 80s) and the labels introduced us to many different experiements and names ie. Dark Angels, Jean Love, Baby Bazooka, Pamsy or Spock, these names introduced nice new flavors to the genre and made the decade much more enjoyable.

Now my expectations for 150 are quite high, and if that decade will be about re-makes I am really hopeful to hear my favorite songs from that time. And actually my point with this whole thread was to ask what would be people's biggest favorites from the OLD italo-eurobeat that should be re-made on the 150's...

Mine would be:

Vanessa - Just A Game
Vanessa - Crazy For You
Sophie - Soft Time
Aleph - Hero
Mela - Help Me

So even if the labels will be re-making the hits over I wouldn't call it as the lack of originaly, but a good chance to introduce the old legends to people not just as 50second clips on megamix albums.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 13 Aug 2004, 03:10

I wonder if they do those remakes, they're going to ask the original singers to do them or get new vocalists to do them.

Mine would be:

Virginelle - Fantasy
King & Queen - King And Queen
Annalise - Bad Love (like that's going to happen lol, it wouldn't sound the same without Annerley Gordon)

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 01 Sep 2004, 23:58

Y'know I was trying to reading the japanese cdjapan site and if I am correct I think there are still going to be covers in the 150's...

I'm not sure if I am correct, but according to nrgexpress.com one of the new songs in Nuage's album "Never Stop Me Lovin' You" is supposed to be a cover.

I certainly hope I'm wrong cause the one's I have heard haven't been that plesant to listen to.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 02 Sep 2004, 10:05

I'd like to see remakes of any of Domino's older songs, obviously. XD But being realistic, I can only see one of her songs being remade into a 2004 version, which is Tora Tora Tora. So, I'm hoping this will be remade into a 2004 version. ^^d They better have Domino singing it if it's remade, it just wouldn't be the same if she didn't sing it, as for example : MAX's Tora Tora Tora is crap. XD

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 03 Sep 2004, 06:19

I agree even though I'm pretty fond of J-pop and such, but I really do not like the Japanese remakes of Eurobeat songs (which is why I don't like 150 Disc 2).

There's something that I've always wondered, are the remakes going to be just 2004 sounding songs or are they going to be remade entirely with new vocals or the old vocalists doing them again (which I think was the case for Night of Fire 2004). I've been wondering this cause I don't think the vocalist for Kamikaze is with A Beat C anymore cause it seems he pretty much disappeared during the SEB 90-100 era.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 03 Sep 2004, 09:43

Shawaazu wrote:I agree even though I'm pretty fond of J-pop and such, but I really do not like the Japanese remakes of Eurobeat songs (which is why I don't like 150 Disc 2).
I totally agree with you. I hate the majority of the Eurobeat covers - aside from vivace, wi*th, and Maririn. ^^; I find the eurobeat covers' music is really tinny compaired to the original versions, which is why I hate SEB150's 2nd Disc as well. XD

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 03 Sep 2004, 09:52

Yeah vivace and wi*th were two of the only above decent ones on the cd, besides Hiroko Anzai (though nothing can beat the excellence of Gimmie The Count). Though I have to admit I haven't heard the original version of True Love yet, and it's a Lolita song too!!!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 03 Sep 2004, 11:37

True Love eh? *takes a listen* ...hrm, this sounds very familiar... what title is it as Lolita's song?

edit: aahh.. Lolita's Easy? *uploads*

http://www.alessandramirkagatti.com/media

^^

Oh, and from listening to SEB150, I hate Folder 5. They murdered The Melody Is In Your Heart ;_;

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 03 Sep 2004, 12:14

Thanks lots!! ^^

I love it :D , though I'm used to Hiroko Anzai's version (I've watched J-Euro Parapara too much), so I like that version a bit better, but still I love Easy, horray for Elena Gobbi goodness.

Folder 5.. I wasn't paying much attention when listening to their part but I only remember Believe cause I heard it earlier, but Dreaming of You is 1000000 times better.

riikou
Eurocurious

Post by riikou » 04 Sep 2004, 00:17

Hate on Folder 5...?! ;___; Whaaa...

I love their Hyper Party type album thingy... o_o all J-Euro. Not like... Euro... Eurobeat. more like, HYPER DANCE PART-AY!!!1 Cha cha cha! Pshhh. You know what I mean. XDD

Personally my favorite of theirs is Ready!, because it was in One Piece, one of my favorite animes. But like Shawaazu said, Dreaming Of You IS better. XD Same with Baby One Baby Two.

<i>Ready to steady go! Hashashasha something in Japanese~~</i>

...MAX did a cover of Tora Tora Tora? Hsseeehh? Where the @#$! have I been? x.x

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 04 Sep 2004, 12:35

Hmm I thought MAX - Tora Tora Tora was one of the more well known J-Euro Eurobeat covers... oh well.

While I don't like the covers I LOVE thier original stuff remixed.. Give Me A Shake, Senkou Hikari no Veil, Ano Natsu He, Ginga... all incredible (this is what I was expecting when I first heard about the J-Euro side).
Last edited by Shawaazu on 07 Sep 2004, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 04 Sep 2004, 13:04

Yes, I agree with you on the MAX thing. Their original stuff remixed is awesome. I love Give Me A Shake <3

I'm sad that Key-A-Kiss wasn't included in seb150's 2nd cd. ;_;

Chico Chico
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Chico Chico » 06 Sep 2004, 01:01

Nine wrote: I'm sad that Key-A-Kiss wasn't included in seb150's 2nd cd. ;_;

I was expecting Key-A-Kiss too... T__T... too bad, but maybe in the future...

All i hope is that we hear more stuff from HI-NRG attack, like the unreleased stuff of Mad Cow, Franz Tornado and Alice in ParaPara Land and of course the regulars like Domino, Lolita, Dave Rodgers, Powerful T.

:3

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 08 Sep 2004, 12:33

Chico Chico wrote:I was expecting Key-A-Kiss too... T__T... too bad, but maybe in the future...
I know! A lot of people I talk to were expecting them too, seeing Deluxe and Aishiattemasu were, and still are very popular. *sighs* heh.

After listening to older stuff, I'd love to see Mela - Help Me redone. It's such an awesome track. (Edit) and I see Panu also mentioned that he'd like to see Help Me redone as well. XD Great mind think alike, no?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 09 Sep 2004, 12:51

Nine wrote:
Chico Chico wrote:I was expecting Key-A-Kiss too... T__T... too bad, but maybe in the future...
I know! A lot of people I talk to were expecting them too, seeing Deluxe and Aishiattemasu were, and still are very popular. *sighs* heh.

After listening to older stuff, I'd love to see Mela - Help Me redone. It's such an awesome track. (Edit) and I see Panu also mentioned that he'd like to see Help Me redone as well. XD Great mind think alike, no?
Yay! Yeah Mela's Help Me rocks and it'd deserve to be remade...

And about the discussion about how 150's J-Euro side was odd, I'd just want to point out that if people were thinking that the way for Avex to make money with a J-Euro side is not entirely true anymore. With no Ayumi Hamasaki or Move for example can somewhat show that if they really wanted to make money they would've picked 20 Ayumi songs instead of the huge amount of Folder5 and D&D for example. Yet, the selection was rather narrow and they definitely could've done it much better as well.