How'd you get into this genre?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
TheBeat*OfTheDance
Bad Bad Bad

How'd you get into this genre?

Post by TheBeat*OfTheDance » 09 Apr 2007, 21:30

I remember when I first discovered the awesomeness of Para Para and Eurobeat. I am a huge fan of DDR, and stumbled upon Para Para paradise one day when researching DDR stuff. I watched some videos and was taken by the music. I searched for a soundtrack to buy but found some audio samples. I was into it ridiculously so I burnt these minute-long samples onto a CD, and couldn't stop listening to them. Then I found a website with tons of Eurobeat mp3s and listened to those....and you know the rest. Now I'm a proud Eurobeat fan!! :grin:

Also, my love of the Para Para was reinforced by the anime Super Gals! It's this anime about three kogals and their adventures in Shibuya. They sometimes do the Para Para in that anime :D

What about you guys? :)
..I'm moving to the disco/Shaking my hand to the loud loud sound...

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 09 Apr 2007, 21:42

I played DDR and liked Judy Crystal, and my friend introduced me to ParaPara 'cause of that... and that's when I discovered Domino, then got into Eurobeat. :P

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 09 Apr 2007, 21:54

I suppose I was pre-ordained to like Eurobeat. As a kid, I was raised on the likes of Kansas, Devo, Adrian Belew, Kraftwerk... very technically superior bands, for what they did, or otherwise had (have?) something on their competition musically. I was also raised on Anime (I distinctly remember being raised on Unico), and didn't know it at the time, either.

Fastforward to my DDR exposure. I began playing feverishly, and entered two tournaments (I'd have entered more if I'd have been less lazy, and I'd enter more if there WERE more and I was in shape... haven't taken that time), all the while exposed to the likes of Judy Crystal, John Desire, and other Dancemania favorites. I so much enjoyed Yozora No Muko (Over The Time, I believe it's called in English. Go figure.) that I thought I'd look into it. Figured it was this stuff called Eurobeat, and there was a whole bunch more...

Now I'm a HRG addict that can't get enough!

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 10 Apr 2007, 04:57

Initial D. Well, after that I went hardcore. I listened to a track or two back in the DDR days, but I don't really consider B4U and Brilliant 2U eurobeat. :P

I always thought I was about the only one liking eurobeat, since I didn't really find any other fans my age. My interest died a bit, but then I met a few parapara dancers, who got me back into the musics. <3

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 10 Apr 2007, 05:27

I used to be a DDR nerd and then a friend made me play Para Para. I hated it. But I loved the music. I was addicted. I had to keep playing. Then, after learning the dances, I loved Para Para... Then I started collecting SEB...
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 10 Apr 2007, 05:46

In 1985-88 there were the golden years of Italo Disco. I recorded my first tape cassette to myself when I was 7 years old. My dad said to me, "son, you recorded only disco music!"
I knew that I will be a disco freak. :P
Time is ran out, I grew up, and with some sidetrack (I listened rap, trance rock for 1-2 years) I stayed at this style.
Nowadays Italo reborn as Eurobeat of course, but they are the same style.
I listening "Eurodance" too.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 Apr 2007, 07:56

I too grew up with Italo. Not knowing it was Italo, but instead was called Hi NRG in the states. My first real introduction to The Eurobeat sound for me has to be King Kong & D. Jungle Girls- Boom Boom Dollars . Second was the coversleeve to Chester- Right Time for TIME recs. After that I became an addict buying 5- 10 recs a month. I didn't even know Rose- I Wanna Be Your Love was TIME untill 1990, because I first bought it on an American label called CHAZZ. Of course now I have the original 12' as well as over 200 TIME 12's. My goal is to someday own all the 12's TIME pressed.
Never really got into the Para para craze, but I'm also a HRG Attack Freak and Boom Boom Beat bratt...and also think Asian girls are pretty hot. :D

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 10 Apr 2007, 10:56

I played DDR for about two years not knowing that "Boom Boom Dollar" and "Upside Down" were considered Eurobeat. That God for Saifam getting me into eurobeat.

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 10 Apr 2007, 18:30

I was raised with music from the '70s and '80s. My father has quite a collection of vynil and as a child I alwas put on some records I liked. It was mostly more pop and soul, like The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin, etc. But as a child I always had a soft spot for fast paced music.

When we got a non-dial-up internet connection at home I started to look for Japanese pop music. Soon I discovered Initial D music through a seach on racing anime and manga. Actually, I've read the first few books of the manga first and then started to watch the anime on dvd! That's where the music started to match the images.

Not long after that I found out that the 'Initial D' music was actually called 'Eurobeat' and I started to research this phenomenom. I found out that people were dancing to Eurobeat in ParaPara and DDR style, but that didn't really got to me.

Not soon after my discovery of Eurobeat I discovered ItaloDisco because I was looking for older Italian disco music in some stores in the Netherlands. I learned that this fantastic music was the father of Eurobeat and also got aquainted with Italo.
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 21 Apr 2007, 21:30

I got into this genre by hearing 'somebody's loving'/ Jenny Kee' on a local radio station -I Venti D'Azurro- when skipping the channels. I kept listening since then. (It was around 1991 :-) so have been grown up with it actually..........

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: How'd you get into this genre?

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 17 May 2019, 13:22

Wasn't there a similiar thread?

Oh, I forgot, there are many similiar threads here, lol.

Well, many fans learned about Eurobeat in Initial D, some of this DDR (Whatever that is supposed to be), but I learned about the Eurobeat-genre through... well, a meme! Better known as "LOL, internet". I'm sure, you heard about that, right? I know, this meme is a little bit stupid (it's also called "internet in a nutshell", lol), but also funny. But what was really interesting is the music, that you could hear. That was so shrill, that I wanted to know, what for a song that is, if it's existing, of course. And I found it, the first Eurobeat-song I ever heard: Max Coveri with "Running in the 90s"! From that point on it has begun: My change in music-interest.

That was 5 years (or longer) ago. I've never heard of the Eurobeat-genre before. I have always hear Rock, Metal, J-Music and... some tracks from videogames. And now I hear more Eurobeat than other music. It was one of the best things, that could happen to me & i'm still happy and satisfied. :)

But of course, i'm still a fan of Rock & Metal. I just hate mainstream-music, but thank god, Eurobeat is not mainstream.