How would you promote eurobeat?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 19 May 2007, 19:20

drnrg wrote:DanWaigand
1. Dark Angels - Right Now [Usually, They like Linkin Park and Evanessence]
2. Spock - Enter The Sandman
3. Dave Rodgers - Not Gonna Get Us
Three songs that never should have been created 8)
:D Actually, Dark Angels is quite good... perhaps you should give it a try some more time (or a couple of times). But I fully agree with you on the other two.

DanWaigand
Tha Graphic Guy

Post by DanWaigand » 19 May 2007, 21:29

jeurobeat wrote:
drnrg wrote:DanWaigand
Actually, Dark Angels is quite good... perhaps you should give it a try some more time (or a couple of times). But I fully agree with you on the other two.
Heheheh... I've given it a try upwards of like 50 times XD . ..interesting.. one person is totally addicted to Neo, one loves sCp, and the rest have been rather random.. Even this Redneck guy who liked guitar stuff if anyone could hear it, but Disney if it was just us. Was funny.....
...Love Thy Eurobeat. Love Thy Panu. Squeeze him, Please him, Light his fire. ...Beware his mad desire tho. Yes. I'm done, Move along.

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 19 May 2007, 23:06

DanWaigand wrote:Heheheh... I've given it a try upwards of like 50 times XD . ..interesting.. one person is totally addicted to Neo, one loves sCp, and the rest have been rather random.. Even this Redneck guy who liked guitar stuff if anyone could hear it, but Disney if it was just us. Was funny.....
...Your friends are very erratic. :D
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 May 2007, 03:24

jeurobeat
Actually, Dark Angels is quite good... perhaps you should give it a try some more time (or a couple of times). But I fully agree with you on the other two.
I actually got this one confused with another. The Dark Angels isn't too bad, just the vocal style sounds really wierd to me.

DanWaigand
Tha Graphic Guy

Post by DanWaigand » 20 May 2007, 03:33

Sadie wrote:
DanWaigand wrote:Heheheh... I've given it a try upwards of like 50 times XD . ..interesting.. one person is totally addicted to Neo, one loves sCp, and the rest have been rather random.. Even this Redneck guy who liked guitar stuff if anyone could hear it, but Disney if it was just us. Was funny.....
...Your friends are very erratic. :D
I have lots of different types of friends. That happens in my line of work
...Love Thy Eurobeat. Love Thy Panu. Squeeze him, Please him, Light his fire. ...Beware his mad desire tho. Yes. I'm done, Move along.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 20 May 2007, 17:04

Mikaeru wrote:
Nine wrote:
DJ Mike TJG wrote:18 Mad Cow and the Royal Eurobeat Orchestra of Bazookistan feat. the Supertroyka Girls - I Want Your Balalaika
(Not related) but if you want to piss off a group of non-eurobeat fans and in the process be banned from participating in their games of charades, don't put this song/artist in the hat. hahahahah
HAHAHAHAHA

Oh my... That's be interesting to do...
Letting a non-Eurobeat fan listen to HRG's stuff is like sending 4chan to an internet noob.

Not that HRG's stuff is bad. I probably happen to be one of their few fans.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 May 2007, 03:34

Wataru Akiyama
I probably happen to be one of their few fans
Actually HRG Attack have a huge fan following. You are one of the 1000's. Usually Saifam fans are also HRG Fans and those who listened to TIME in 90's are also fans. So you belong to a good crowd. Besides the DR. is also a chaotic freak 8)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 21 May 2007, 05:00

Wataru Akiyama wrote:Letting a non-Eurobeat fan listen to HRG's stuff is like sending 4chan to an internet noob.
That made me giggle, just because it's true. :')

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 21 May 2007, 05:43

Okay, let's see. First we need to narrow a few things down. I live in Canada, where most people listen to the standard Rock, Dance, and Rap. So, anything too wild would cause them to run away with confusion and fear, so anything Hi-NRG is out of the list. I usually find that the classic Delta and A Beat C appeals to almost every person I show Eurobeat to, so heres my essential 10 that would get anyone interested in Eurobeat.

So, keep in mind, i've put these songs to the test, and showed these to people that never heard Eurobeat in their life. All the songs i've listed are what got them into Eurobeat. Theres more, but too many to list..

1. Eurobeat - Dr. Love
Like Bore said, the embodiment of Eurobeat in a song, perfect. Plus, its an excellent song.

2. Express Love - Mega NRG Man
Lots of Arcade go-ers in North American know what Initial D is, but not the fact that all the "techno" theyre listening to is actually Eurobeat. So naturally people would recognize this song and relate to it, also one of Marin's best if not the best. Everyone i've showed this song to loves it.

3. Running In The 90s - Max Coveri
Most people use the internet, lots of people on the internet have seen or heard the whole Lol Internet fad, so naturally people could relate to this song. Also helps that the song is truly a masterpiece.

4. Dream of You - Alvin
My friends preferred this to Domino, and love it to this day. A Catchy song that most people will sing along to.

5. Running Ninja - Eurofunk
I cant get enough of this song, everyone I show it to cant get enough of it, we've all heard it so much that we can sing along to it.

6. Rock Me - Mega NRG Man feat Kiko Loureiro
Catchy song, with an awesome guitar solo. Everyone i've showed it to cant get the song out of their head.

7. Love Is In Danger - Priscilla
For some reason, everyone i've showed this song to absolutely loves it, mostly because of the wicked Synth hook in this song.

8. Speedy Speed Boy - Marko Polo
When I first showed this song to my friends and others, they wouldnt stop listening to it. Also very fun to sing along to during a Road Trip.

9. Forever Young - Symbol
This one seems to work very well.

10. Back On The Rocks - Mega NRG Man
Awesome intro and somewhat inspiring lyrics are what made this song appeal to people I showed this song to.
~Forget the bus, take the Express Love!~

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 22 May 2007, 01:19

Somewhat surprised there hasn't been more solo songs by Fastway named by people. I went back and forth about including one of his solo songs but ended up passing since there were quite a few favorites I couldn't decide between.

Also J-Euro and oldtime eurobeat is getting neglected quite a bit. And where's all the Norma Sheffield.

DanWaigand
Tha Graphic Guy

Post by DanWaigand » 22 May 2007, 15:19

Wataru Akiyama wrote: Letting a non-Eurobeat fan listen to HRG's stuff is like sending 4chan to an internet noob.
I'm generally considered to be in NO WAY an Internet N00b, But I still don't exactly GET what 4chan is... I've encountered it before. But im still a bit lost.

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: How would you promote eurobeat?

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 09 Sep 2019, 20:21

Bore wrote: 15 May 2007, 11:18 Okay a hypothetical situation. You are to introduce a group of people to Eurobeat and you are given free hands on what sort of a compilation you would make to represent the genre. Which 18 songs would you choose on this album so that it would reflect all of the different kind of aspects of Eurobeat fairly and also show out all of the biggest eurobeat starts.

Ehm..., just one question: Why exactly 18 songs?

But OK, your thread, your rules! :wink:

I think, I would choose the most known eurobeat songs from the most known eurobeat artists (I will post also some, which aren't my favourites):

1. Max Coveri - Running in the 90s
2. Max Coveri – Golden age
3. Fastway – Go Racin´ Go
4. Dave Rodgers - Spaceboy
5. Edo Boys – No one sleep in Tokyo
6. Marko Polo – Speedy speed boy
7. Niko – Night of fire
8. Manuel – Gas Gas Gas
9. Mega NRG Man – Get me power
10. Ace – Drivin´ crazy
11. Dusty – Midnight lover
12. Go 2 – Looka Bomba
13. Go 2 – Spitfire
14. Go 2 – NRG
15. Go 2 – Don´t turn it off
16. D.Essex - Boom Boom Fire
17. Bon – Music in action
18. D-Essex – Burning Love

Yeah, most songs are from Initial D, but like I said, it's always better to start with the most known songs from the most known artists. Otherwise, I wouldn't know, which songs I should choose. It's always difficult.

But I think, this is a good mix to start.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Re: How would you promote eurobeat?

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 09 Sep 2019, 20:48

Phil Jay Falcon wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 20:21Ehm..., just one question: Why exactly 18 songs?

But OK, your thread, your rules! :wink:
18 tracks because Super Eurobeat releases at the time had 18 songs on them! :)

Also, your list has a lot of male vocals, and is pretty aggressive in sound. What would some female vocal songs be you'd recommend do someone who is 100% new to this genre?