SEB 178 & Euro Walker/Love Euro

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 May 2007, 10:25

tru, but just look at thier content in the 150's, Fastway,GOTO,Dusty, Lisa Lion,Irene. hardly none of that Silly or Transy stuff, Except that "Tricky Sticky and Icky"(worst song in Eurobeat history), so Even I admit at that TIME they deserved thier 3+ songs on cd. Now in the 170's they mostly concentrate on that Silly kiddy(transy) sound instead of thier big names.
They should leave the Mushy Romantic stuff to TIME(MASTERS) and the crazy synth melodys to HRG and just concentrate on Powerful stuff for thier male and female counterparts like Fastway,Lisa Lion Scream Team,Dana GOTO and ACE. Dump the rest. :D

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 18 May 2007, 11:44

I think I far prefer Sticky, Tricky and Bang to the likes of Dave Rodgers' warble-o-rama version of Make Up Your Mind... The former was quite catchy and fun, the other... *shudder*

DanWaigand
Tha Graphic Guy

Post by DanWaigand » 18 May 2007, 13:18

KitsuneStar wrote:Wow, I guess I'm one of the few who _doesn't_ like Fuku Wa Uchi (or any song sung in Japanese, for that matter)
I'm right with you... Japanese in large quantities annoys me, especially in Eurobeat. And I hated that domino Track.. Heheh

...Looks like a decient album to me, Happy to see Jay Lehr is gonna be singing in the spotlight, And the return of Ace Warrior? I hope they don't do the same thing to him that they did to powerful T reciently.... Geh.

I say it too much, AbeatC lost Domino. That's what they lost. Take a listen to old songs from when she was around, then the stranger ones of late, then something off Gogos Music. You'll find what is lacking in Gogos..
...Love Thy Eurobeat. Love Thy Panu. Squeeze him, Please him, Light his fire. ...Beware his mad desire tho. Yes. I'm done, Move along.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 18 May 2007, 22:52

drnrg wrote:tru, but just look at thier content in the 150's, Fastway,GOTO,Dusty, Lisa Lion,Irene. hardly none of that Silly or Transy stuff
??? :P

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 May 2007, 08:03

Densetsu13
drnrg wrote:
tru, but just look at thier content in the 150's, Fastway,GOTO,Dusty, Lisa Lion,Irene. hardly none of that Silly or Transy stuff
I said HARDLY, besides I don't concider the Irene track SILLY nor TRANSY :evil:

More along the lines of these:
Silly= Kiki & Fancy,Tricky ,Sticky & Bang
Transy= Pamsy, Christine, Ace & x duets

DJ Mike TJG
I think I far prefer Sticky, Tricky and Bang to the likes of Dave Rodgers' warble-o-rama version of Make Up Your Mind... The former was quite catchy and fun, the other... *shudder*
There was absolutely nothing wrong with G. Pasquini's version. At least his song was decent and serious and not performed by what sounded like a bunch of 1st graders. 8)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 19 May 2007, 09:40

I've come to the conclusion that one's perception of the production values of each label will probably depend on when you actually when you first got into the Eurobeat scene.

Since my first full SEB album was 156, I remember the stand-out track being 2love, 4love by Pamsy & Ace. As a result, the SEB production style is an integral part of the Eurobeat genre as a whole, and represents a much fresher and more pleasing sound. That's not to say that Delta/Time etc. aren't good, but rather their style is a little more old-skool and not my favourite.

drnrg - I realise I will probably never get you to agree with me, but the "trancey" songs that SCP put out are actually one of my favourite sub-genres of the Eurobeat scene because that style was one of the first to really jump out at me (apart from the DDR and ParaPara crossovers) when I got into the community, and as a result the whole SEB series would be a less-interesting place without those songs. The fact that I don't classift ANY Eurobeat as trance is a completely different matter, but if you took the time to listen to the beats, bass patterns, and the style of synth melos employed in both genres, you'd realise that even songs like So Fragile and 2love, 4love are still most definitely Eurobeat-style...

Similarly, I can understand that you love a different label's style (don't think I have to point out which label! ;)). Everyone has different tastes, and although it might be difficult at times, I think it's possible for us all to at least understand the merit of these different styles in the eyes of the fans rather than dismissing them. I admit this is extremely hard for me when it comes to the sentimental, romantic stuff that Time have put out before, but I guess we can't all like everything.

Variety is good, and I wouldn't like any label to sanitise or change its style in anyway as SEB would be a much less interesting series if they did! ;)

DanWaigand
Tha Graphic Guy

Post by DanWaigand » 19 May 2007, 12:53

the_ditz wrote:...one's perception of the production values of each label will probably depend on when you actually when you first got into the Eurobeat scene...
I agree with your general opinions... with the exception of stuff involving Newfield or that new Delta producer, I can't really stand Time or Delta and usually end up not sticking thier stuff in my playlist. Same goes for HiNRGAttack too... but uhh.. The list is incredibly short in that case.

The REASON I mention this.. I was in a ken laszlo phase when I technically found Eurobeat, I got an album by a guy called Aleph. He was just kinda okay. but I decided that I'd look for more and found out that he had an album called TAKE ME HIGHER under the name Dave Rodgers and was also appearing on the SEB Series. I had to find more, so I bought SuperEurobeat Volume 89 [the newest at the time] figuring I'd find out who these new italio artists were on with him. When it finally came, I first listened to Kingdom of Rock and was totally blown away that it wasn't italio I was listening to.

..short version? I've been around for a good long while, It doesn't make me any more impressed with Time and Delta.
...Love Thy Eurobeat. Love Thy Panu. Squeeze him, Please him, Light his fire. ...Beware his mad desire tho. Yes. I'm done, Move along.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 May 2007, 03:14

well, Ditz, You came up with an Intelligent raeson for liking what You like without Putting down any producer nor Label. Good Job 8)

.but you will never get me to agree with you nor anyone else for that matter :D

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 20 May 2007, 10:09

Strangely enough, when I first got into the EB scene (which was around when SEB 158 came out, although I've listened to WAY more historically now), I steered very much clear of HRG - the harsh, manic styles were not in keeping with the stuff that had gotten me hooked (i.e. A-Beat C, Delta, Time) - but now there are quite a number of songs they've done that I'd rate as my top pieces. The problem is, their quality, like all others, can vary wildly - and when they do a bad song, it doesn't sound so much bland as it does grating. Still, once you get used to it, it's an awesome style :)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 20 May 2007, 19:11

DJ Mike TJG wrote:Strangely enough, when I first got into the EB scene (which was around when SEB 158 came out, although I've listened to WAY more historically now), I steered very much clear of HRG - the harsh, manic styles were not in keeping with the stuff that had gotten me hooked (i.e. A-Beat C, Delta, Time) - but now there are quite a number of songs they've done that I'd rate as my top pieces. The problem is, their quality, like all others, can vary wildly - and when they do a bad song, it doesn't sound so much bland as it does grating. Still, once you get used to it, it's an awesome style :)
I use "Harajuku Girl" as a reference for a bad HI-NRG ATTACK song...on the other end I love songs like "Maid Attack", "Super Kaiser", or "Hannibal The Cannibal"

Seems like Delta and HI-NRG Attack have biggest range of annoying grating to superb productions.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 May 2007, 03:23

I'll be the first to admit that the reason I Liked HRG Attack from the start was because I recognize the names Rimonti, Accantino and Festari from all those great TIME songs in the 90's, so as soon a s I heard Jay Gunner- Touch Me, I imediately related to "Hot Girl" and they became my # 2 label up untill this date. They are the real reason I would purchase Euromach, them and Saifam of course.

It's lyrics like these that got me hooked
taken from "Mad Cow"

On me, you request
A double mood
And in my car don't loose your underwear, my babe

DIRTY DIRTY :D

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 21 May 2007, 05:15

We could all easily end this argument and just say that Delta is the best label :P
~Forget the bus, take the Express Love!~

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 May 2007, 11:00

Schiznik
We could all easily end this argument and just say that Delta is the best label

We could all easily end this argument and just say that TIME is the best label.

There. I fixed it for you :P
Last edited by drnrg on 30 Sep 2007, 11:14, edited 2 times in total.

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 21 May 2007, 12:35

drnrg wrote:Schiznik
We could all easily end this argument and just say that Delta is the best label

We could all easily end this argument and just say that SCP is the best label.

There. I fixed it for you :P
QFT!!!
- De apibus semper dubitandum est
(You never know about bees)

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 21 May 2007, 14:56

There is no such thing as a best label, just us fans who think that there is one.