Super Eurobeat 179 and summer holidays

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Bore
Founder

Super Eurobeat 179 and summer holidays

Post by Bore » 01 Jul 2007, 14:28

So summer has finally come even to the cold Finland. It's first of July, the month without a new Super Eurobeat so it's time for everyone to take it easy and relax under the hot summer sky.

Before you go enjoy the topless men (& women) and the heat outside, I present you with the latest of the SEB reviews: <a href="http://eurobeat-prime.com/reviews/seb179.php">Super Eurobeat 179 Review</a>.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 Jul 2007, 15:11

Wow, seems like the 170's have been quite a roller coaster ride in its level of quality. But I'm glad to see the very last one pull off a rating higher than anything since 156! I'm definitely going to buy it soon! :grin:

One thing though, you rated Fever & Music lower than Red Light & Sex and Frontal Impact, so why is that song up higher in the top 3 than the two latter?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 01 Jul 2007, 15:31

#Infinity wrote:Wow, seems like the 170's have been quite a roller coaster ride in its level of quality. But I'm glad to see the very last one pull off a rating higher than anything since 156! I'm definitely going to buy it soon! :grin:

One thing though, you rated Fever & Music lower than Red Light & Sex and Frontal Impact, so why is that song up higher in the top 3 than the two latter?
Technically speaking I haven't ranked the songs in the top 3 in any order. It's just the best 3 songs named ;)

Plus in the past I've also ranked certain songs higher than others if you look at the actual order. If I did rank them as 1st, 2nd and 3rd best it'd be more clear, but the whole purpose is to not have a very clear list on it (yet I do tend to place the favorite to the very top out of old habbits)

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 01 Jul 2007, 18:17

I am shocked to see that you and I agree on an album for the most part, Panu. haha. GREAT CD!! :D
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 02 Jul 2007, 04:42

Heh you make it sound as if I'm from a totally different planet :C
I mostly like the Tomas songs anyways!

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 02 Jul 2007, 06:59

Before you go enjoy the topless men
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Furthering the myth that all Eurobeat listeners are homosexual, Eurobeat-Prime!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 02 Jul 2007, 14:50

I pretty much agree with the whole review, except that I thought Get My Hot Gun was a much better album opener than Danger In Chinatown was. Having said that, I'm probably the only one here who feels that way, haha. I suppose the overlapping of vocals during the verses bugged me most about the song -- it sounded a bit hectic, and I couldn't make out some of the lyrics due to Greta's vocalwork (which I normally don't care about, but I couldn't help but notice that here especially). Production-wise, it was pretty good. To each their own!

It seems that pretty much all of the labels are stepping up their game lately, which is very nice to see. Delta improved drastically in the 170s, and now HRG and TIME had strong finishes on this album. This wasn't SCP's best decade, but they weren't too bad. Now all we can hope for is that A-Beat C will follow a similar path. ;)

Will you be doing a review of the decade soon enough? I always look forward to those.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 02 Jul 2007, 15:27

Jay wrote:
Will you be doing a review of the decade soon enough? I always look forward to those.
Aye I'm planning to get that done within the next few weeks I think, depending when I get struck by some inspiration :3

SirSlugma
Euro To B

Post by SirSlugma » 02 Jul 2007, 18:44

the remake actually works pretty effectively in the end and also even beats the original song which was lacking in so many fields
dot dot dot

i'm embarrased to have even read that.

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 02 Jul 2007, 20:02

Bore wrote:Heh you make it sound as if I'm from a totally different planet :C
I mostly like the Tomas songs anyways!
No no! Usually, I read your reviews and don't agree on more than half. But with 179, minus a song or two, I completely agreed. I sat there reading it thinking "couldn't have said it better myself".

And you're on a different continent, not planet. :)
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 Jul 2007, 02:35

I totally disagree with you this time Bore. Thsi album is the worst ever. Even 176 was better than this s***
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 03 Jul 2007, 05:37

I totally disagree with anyone that says Heartbreaker 2007 was anywhere near as good as the original. It was the most retarded sounding remake I have ever heard. They pretty much tried way too hard to make it sound all badass with the cheesy guitar parts and then they ruined it even more with horrible vocals. Some people with actual taste realize that throwing in more guitar wails and deeper vocals doesn't necessarily make a song better.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Jul 2007, 08:00

Well that's your opinion, but not mine!

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 04 Jul 2007, 05:53

Wow, never thought i'd say this Bore, but I completely agree with your review!
Heartbreaker 2007, Red Light and Sex, Frontal Impact, Bach Is Back, all amazing songs, and so are almost all the others.
Best since 175, best decade since.. well, best decade of the past couple years for sure.

Also, Lebon14, you are wrong on SO many levels.
Best decade ender ever!
~Forget the bus, take the Express Love!~

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Jul 2007, 08:52

So exited that I forgot to read your review. I must say(as odd as it is) I agree with your statements this TIME around. You can expect that the TIME and HRG songs you give 8s & 9s too are most definately my 10s. ..and yes ,ABeatC really need to relight that spark. 8)