Final Thoughts on SEB 171-179

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Final Thoughts on SEB 171-179

Post by para_rigby » 03 Jul 2007, 08:32

Some quick questions for thought.

1) Your top 5 songs
2) Your worst 5 songs
3) Label that surprised you the most
4) Label that you think had the worst time this decade

---------------------

1) TOP 5
VIVA LA NOCHE/ CHRISTINE feat ELVIS EL LATINO (SCP)
MY HEART GOES BOOM BOOM/ BETTY BEAT (GGM)
EVERY NIGHT/ PAUL HARRIS (DELTA)
BAD BAD BAD/ ENERGY MAN (TIME)
HANNIBAL THE CANNIBAL/ GARCON (HI-NRG ATTACK)

2) WORST 5
WE CAN BE HEROES/ DIGITAL PLANET (A-BEAT C)
MAKE UP YOUR MIND/ DAVE RODGERS (A-BEAT C)
BLACK DEVIL/ RAY SUN (A-BEAT C)
ACE OF SPADES/ POWERFUL T (A-BEAT C)
MOONSHINE/ NORMA SHEFFIELD (A-BEAT C)

3) SURPRISING LABELS
DELTA- much better than the 160s
TIME- one masterpiece after anouther
HI-NRG ATTACK- recreating the zany sounds
GGM- picks up A-BEAT C's slack

4) DISAPPOINTING LABELS
A-BEAT C- not the same without artists like Mickey B, Matt Land, Go Go Girls

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Jul 2007, 09:16

Top 5 songs
1. Toby Vale- Heartbreaker 2007(TIME)
2. TIME Force- Love Me In The Heat Of The Night(TIME)
3. Mark Astley- Ironman(DELTA)
4. Helena- Your Love Is Melody(TIME)
5. Franz Tornado & Mad Cow Orchestra - Moo Moo Dollars(HRG Attack)

Worst 5(I take it #1 would be the worst song)
1. Kiki & Fancy - Go Bananas
2. Pamsy & Shady - Yo Yo Baby
3. Kiki & Fancy - Tuttifrutti Lollipop
4. Christine Feat. Elvis El Latino - Viva La Noche
5. Groove Twins - Dance Dance Monsteru

Those 5 songs all have a similair style that I don't particularly like.

Most surprising:

1. TIME= No surprisees, just keep getting better & better. Especailly the remakes!
2. DELTA= Super. Especailly Mark Astley and Daniel. Need more male vocalists.
3. HRG Attack= brought back some old familar names like Remy Panther and Leslie Hammond.
4. SCP= redeemed themselvers for every Kiki & Fancy song with one great Jay Lehr tune 8)

Most dissapointing:
Though I'm not a big SCP fan, I think ABeatC dissapointed me the most with thier expirimental "Transy" synths, especially on some powerful T. songs. I really hope Giancarlo brings back some of his older Aliases from the 90's like Mario Ross or Robert Stone to fill in the Mega NRG Man gap.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 03 Jul 2007, 11:17

I enjoyed just over half of the productions in total from the 170's. These are songs that I know I'll be listening to again in the future for numerous times, so it's quite a large chunk in comparison to past decades. The other half are somewhat bearable to listen to or songs I simply just can't stand. I'll produce a graph later reflecting this, but the percentage of the songs I liked (in order):

01. Go Go's Music - 100%
02. Delta - 67%
03. TIME - 56%
04. Hi-NRG Attack - 55%
05. A-Beat C - 52%
06. SCP - 43%

To me, this decade came with surprises all around. Mainly positive, which is good, but it came with a big negative.

I'm reluctant to crown GGM as *the* best label of this decade though, considering they were only introduced halfway through and only had seven songs if I counted correctly. I'll give it to them though that they've been flawless and superb so far, and I'll be keeping those high expectations for the 180's.

Delta was just outstanding and blew me away. I really didn't like Delta's productions on SEB174, but other than that it was perhaps their best decade since the 120's when I started listening to eurobeat. My only recommendation is perhaps some other new female vocalists. This mightn't be needed if Sara will be appearing more often (a good choice to reintroduce her), otherwise I feel the label could benefit strongly from at least one other female.

TIME had always been my least favourite label before this decade. Some of their remakes and love ballads were, again, rather tedious to listen to, but overall they completely surprised me, especially on 179! I really liked their disco flava in particular.

Hi-NRG and A-Beat C were average, though I'm glad to see that HRG's level picked up a bit towards the end of the decade. Not too bad.

I'm really disappointed with SCP though; they were my favourite label of the 160's and were plain mediocre this decade. Don't get me wrong, there's quite a few tracks they released in the 170's that I'm simply in love with and will definitely hear again in the future (my favourite song of the decade is from SCP in fact), but when looking at the bigger picture, it could have been so much better. SCP has quite a large catalogue, so technically it was Avex's selections which displeased me and not so much the label. I know for a fact they have some gems hiding away in there. Either way, I hope this rather dolorous level doesn't perpetuate.

As for my 'top/worst songs', I'll disclude 179 from these charts until I've given it a more thorough listen.

Top 5

1. Go 2 - Power [Super Eurobeat 171]
2. Phil & Linda - Into The Groove [Super Eurobeat 174]
3. Domino - Go Go Where You Wanna Go Go [Super Eurobeat 175]
4. Lisa Johnson - Doctor Doctor 2007 [Super Eurobeat 173]
5. Madison - Love and Rage [Super Eurobeat 176]

Bottom 5 (I found this rather difficult since there weren't many completely horrendous tracks other than the first two, haha)

1. Helena - Melodies Of Love 2007 [Super Eurobeat 174]
2. Dave & Nuage - Another Miracle [Super Eurobeat 173]
3. Cherry - Please Forgive Me [Super Eurobeat 174]
4. Christine - When 'U Smile [Super Eurobeat 176]
5. Jay Lehr - Mystic Love [Super Eurobeat 178]

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 Jul 2007, 19:50

I was gonna do a thread like this, but you've beaten my to it!!

170's TOP 5
1. Pamsy - Babyface (SCP) [SEB 178]
2. Energy Man - Bad Bad Bad (Time) [SEB 175]
3. Betty Beat - My Heart Goes Boom Boom (Go Go's Music) [SEB 178]
4. Ace - Futureland (SCP) [SEB 175]
5. Christine feat. Elvis El Latino - Viva La Noche (SCP) [SEB 174]

170's BOTTOM 5
1. Cherry - Please Forgive Me (Delta) [SEB 174]
2. Jock Lee - Rock'nRoll Is My Life (Time) [SEB 175]
3. Digital Planet - We Can Be Heroes (A-Beat C) [SEB 179]
4. Phil & Linda - Into The Groove (Time) [SEB 174]
5. Norma Sheffield - Do You Wanna Fly (A-Beat C) [SEB 179]

MOST SURPRISING LABELS:
It would have to be Go Go's Music as I didn't have really any expectations of them, and they have very quickly become my 2nd favourite after SCP. Time were also very strong this decade, and produced probably their most interesting and solid track in years in SEB 175 with Bad Bad Bad.

MOST DISAPPOINTING LABELS:
Delta put out a lot of trash, with only very rare gems shining through from the rubbish (namely Mira La Luna and Iron Man). A-Beat C were just very stale-sounding I think - they really sound like they are past their best against the more modern and interesting compositions that the other labels are putting out.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 03 Jul 2007, 21:42

170's TOP 5
1. GO2 - POWER [SEB 171]
2. Toby Vale - Heartbreaker 2007 [SEB 179]
3. Powerful T - Ace Of Spades [SEB 178]
4. Fastway - Rocking Hardcore [SEB 175]
5. Manuel - Ready Steady Go! [SEB 174]

170's BOTTOM 5
1. Three Of Spades - Dancing With A Reptile [SEB 174]
2. Rick Castle - Midnight Lady [SEB 175]
3. Digital Planet - We Can Be Heroes [SEB 179]
4. Helena - Melodies Of Love 2007 [SEB 174]
5. Cyberella - I Am Cyberella [SEB 179]

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 04 Jul 2007, 00:52

Top 5:
1. Go 2 - Power [171, SCP]
2. Fastway - Go Racin' Go! [172, SCP]
3. Paul Harris - Mira La Luna [173, Delta]
4. Fastway - Crash Boom Burn Me Up [177, SCP]
5. Ace - Futureland [175, SCP]

Bottom 5:
1. Domino - Cooking Boy
Throw four darts at female vocaled songs under 155 BPM and you'll likely hit the other four, I'm definitely not going to listen to them again to find out which ones they are.
I wish I could say Dance Dance Monsteru, but through some occult magic it went into the category of so bad it's good.

Surprising:
Delta and Time, they made really strong songs this round, not my top favorites, but overall they probably had a big percentage of songs I enjoyed

Disappointing:
A Beat-C, way way way too many slow songs with weak vocals. I honestly liked the sound behind Watch Out and California Dreaming, but all of the female voiced songs sounded like filler, and the male ones didn't do too much better.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 04 Jul 2007, 00:53

TOP 5 BEST SONGS:

1. One Touch / Ace feat. La Gatta
2. Power / Go 2
3. Midnight Love / Neo
4. Shine / Nuage
5. Once Upon A Time / Pamsy

BOTTOM 5 WORST SONGS:

1. Die Die / Cody
2. We Can Be Heroes / Digital Planet
3. Dance Dance Monsteru / Groove Twins
4. Back To The Rising Sun / Powerful T.
5. Say You Will / Annalise

My Surprising/Average/Disappointing labels are arranged particularly by how well each one did based on their overall standards from my perspective. I don't really care very much for Time, but I like SCP.

Surpising Labels

Time: (7.5/10)

Time isn't my favorite eurobeat label, but they've steadily improved during this decade. Doctor Doctor 2007 is the best remake Time has ever put out, and even many of their other releases were quite good. I furthermore enjoyed One Night In Tokyo, Baby Illusion, Bad Bad Bad, The World Is You, and especially their SEB 179 content in general. They've still produced a bunch of filler tracks as well, but overall I believe this was one of their better performances in recent years.

Delta: (9/10)

I generally enjoy Delta more than usual because I love how diverse they can be with their productions. I was very pleased by most of their releases during the 170's. Songs such as Frontal Impact, Mira La Luna, and Rain were pulled off quite well, and I've even appreciated their filler in general. Also, I disliked Paul Harris' Every Night at first due to the vocals, but after some time I've come to really enjoy it. Shame that it wasn't on The Best of Super Eurobeat 2006.

Average Labels

Hi-NRG Attack: (8/10)

I like Hi-NRG Attack for its sheer impact and energetic personality, but I think Avex should release more female tracks on Super Eurobeat compilations (I guess the Bazooka Angels compilation series serves its purpose...). I like Garcon and Franz Tornado/Jeff Driller, but most of their releases in general just recyclyed old elements, not to mention the two vocalists both sound almost the same (i.e., before I knew better, I initially thought Joe D. Toaster was an alias for Frederico Rimonti after hearing Sex Gun). Overall though, their performance was far from terrible. Danger In Chinatown, Get A Boom, and Moo Moo Dollars were all standouts. Again, this label did better overall later during this decade.

SCP: (9/10)

Alongside 3B, SCP is my favorite eurobeat label, so I continued to expect a lot from them. I enjoyed all 3 Fancy / Kiki & Fancy songs, and Fastway continued to shine with all of his releases. Some major surprises were also pulled off, including SEB 174's best track, Viva La Noche, as well as the absolutely incredible One Touch from 176. I thought this label suffered a downfall during the last two compilations, and I hope they are able to make up for it during the beginning of the 180's. The biggest disappointment was that there were no more brand new Go 2 songs to back up Power after 171, although the remixes were all quite good.

Go Go's Music: (8.5/10)

Quickly filling up the gap left by Boom Boom Beat's disappointing absence, I found this new label to be similar to A-Beat C, only better. I was impressed by all 3 of their debut songs on 175, and they continued their solid level throughout the later records as well. I do feel that they tend not to horribly stick out compared to the other labels, but they can produce quality works nonetheless. Besides, it's nice to finally have Domino back in business.

Disappointing Labels:

A-Beat C: (5/10)

A letdown this decade, even though they did manage to put out a few good songs. Midnight Love started the decade off with a bang, and Nuage's Shine was also one of her best performances alongside Sunday. Say You'll Be There from 173 was also excellent. However, I was irritated by the repetition this label suffered, continuously releasing songs from artists I never cared for in the first place (Annalise and Powerful T.), and I got no luck hoping for more great Neo songs after Midnight Love. Dave Rodgers was also clearly not as strong as he was during the 160's. The loss of staples such as Mega NRG Man, Domino (well, she technically stopped after 144, but still), and Lolita to Go Go's Music does not help matters, either.

MY OVERALL IMPRESSION:
Most of the eurobeat labels have improved and shined during this decade more than in other years, but overall I was a bit disappointed by the lack of variety and major standouts that the 160's offered. The removal of Boom Boom Beat is possibly the worst thing to ever happen to Super Eurobeat, and while I appreciate Go Go's Music, they're not really very unique and lose even to Vibration from the 140's and 150's. Hopefully, the 180's will cut down on the high level of similar tracks by A-Beat C and Time to save room for the awesome Akyr's Music. Eurobeat needs variety.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 04 Jul 2007, 04:16

Top 5:

5) Nuage / I'm Gonna Carry On (ABeatC)
4) Kasanova / Two Hearts 4 Love (TIME)
3) Mega NRG Man feat. K. Loureiro / Rock Me (GOGOS Music)
2) Ace feat. La Gatta / One Touch (SCP)
1) Domino / Go Go Where You Wanna Go Go (GOGOS Music)

Bottom 5:

5) Lolita Feat. Annalise / Screaming (ABeatC)
4) Queen 26 / Popcorns & Sex (Delta)
3) Nuage / Give Me A Sign (ABeatC)
2) Pamsy / Babyface (SCP)
1) Dave Rodgers / Make Up Your Mind (ABeatC)

Label Opinion:

(In order from best to worst)

GOGOS Music
Of course, the anticipation of the debut of Domino's new label really hyped me up; and before 174 was released I feared that the label wouldn't do well and/or it wouldn't be well recieved... especially since AVEX didn't pick up D1Style. I heard so much about it, knew a lot of what was going on and I'm so glad it's finally gone "live," so everyone can discuss, critique, and love or hate the music Sandro and Alessandra make for us. :)

SCP
Some songs were like, number one "f'in awesome," some songs were memorable but lacking a few key things... and some songs were just boring, disappointing and sub-par. It was really hit or miss with SCP this decade, but the songs that did land a hit, hit a home run.

TIME
With Time... I'm usually like "pass." ...but not this decade. The most memorable songs were the awesome remakes - Doctor Doctor, Perfect Time, and Heartbreaker were the best in my mind. Though, besides the remakes, the new material started sounding pretty awesome, especially the stuff from the 176+ albums.

Hi-NRG Attack
Some songs, like "You'll Never Be Lonely" and "Midnight Lady" were really great additions to the Hi-NRG Attack tracklist... but the rest of the stuff... forgettable. I say this every time but every track sounds exactly the same, and it's starting to get pretty old.

ABeatC
What happened? Surely Domino and Sandro didn't carry this label... though it seems like it. GOGOS Music comes, and ABeatC's quality seems to plummet to the ground. I liked the Norma songs from them, and I'm Gonna Carry On... some other tracks like Say You'll Be There and the plathora of Powerful T. songs were catchy... but besides them - very very disappointing. Lets hope they improve in the 180s.

Delta
Where is my Delta and why aren't they making me beautiful music? The majority of the Delta songs had me really disappointed or slightly annoyed... and that isn't the reaction I want to have when I listen to songs from people like Clara Moroni! lol ...and the reason why I have Delta at the bottom of this list instead of ABeatC is because even though ABeatC did poorly to me, they did have some decent songs where there really wasn't anything that I can recently recall from Delta that I enjoyed... :( I really hope this changes with 180.

Artists That Shined:

Mega NRG Man has had a bucket load of hits this decade, appearing on a lot of the albums. I'm not surprised that people haven't labeled him as the "Male Annerley Gordon" though, because his songs have been really great - the tracks both from ABeatC and GOGOS Music.

Ace is an another artist that comes to mind. His tracks this decade, including Futureland and One Touch. Who is La Gatta too... she rocked so hard in that song she needs to do more stuff like that.

......and of course Domino. :D~ (Two Domino songs? KICKASS. The reasons why Cooking Boy didn't appear in my top 5 are because I didn't want to come off as a fanboy (hahahaha) and the Japanese / pre-butchered version of the song is far superior than the version AVEX released.)

Artists That Didn't:

One memorable artist with forgetable tracks this decade would have be Nuage. If I counted right, she had four solo tracks, and two duets. Out of those, I only enjoyed one.

In relation to Nuage, Dave Rodgers was just plain blah for me too. None of his songs really sparked much interest from me, except for Red Core (and that's just because the name is freakin' sweet. XD) ...and don't get me started on his cover of Make Up Your Mind... please... lol

Most Liked Aspect:

It goes without saying, but the debut of GOGOS Music, and the return of Domino. (IT WAS A YEAR BETWEEN FUKU WA UCHI AND GOGO WHERE YOU WANNA GOGO!!! I was going insane. lol)

Most Annoying Aspect:

This really goes without saying (again, lol), especially coming from me, but the constant change in the cover art formatting was really annoying. It jumps from your standard, expected covers with SEB171-SEB173... then all of a sudden it's totally redesigned at SEB174 and so on. Then, they decide to place the title text and number in different spots... yeah - I want it consistant! If they need to change, change it every decade, not every single release! :P

Overall Thoughts:

Very exciting decade. Some albums were just pure disappointment, although the awesomeness of Domino, GOGOS Music, and all the stuff I talked about made this decade a nice addition to the SEB series. Much better than 150s, even better than the 160s, ...but still not quite as good as the 140s. Still, spectacular! :) Though, I do agree with #Infinity... I'm kind of missing the stuff from BBB... but oh well. GOGOSMUSIC OMG.XD

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 04 Jul 2007, 18:27

Jay wrote: Bottom 5 (I found this rather difficult since there weren't many completely horrendous tracks other than the first two, haha)

1. Helena - Melodies Of Love 2007 [Super Eurobeat 174]
I SALUTE YOU!

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 04 Jul 2007, 19:38

Top 5:
1.Mark Astley - Iron Man
2.Daniel - Frontal Impact
3.Fastway - Rocking Hardcore
4.Neo - Midnight Love
5.Lisa Johnson - Doctor Doctor 2007

Unfortunate 5:
1.Helena - Melodies Of Love 2007
2.Jay Lehr - Mystic Love
3.Digital Planet - We Can Be Heroes
4.Annalise - Say You Will
5.Nauge - Shine

Label Opinion (Best to Worst)

Delta
It seemed like there was a lot of Akyr influence in this label with the powerful synths and amazing hooks. I was very impressed overall since Delta didn't impress me very much during the 160s. Nearly every Delta song from the 170s was impressive and unique. I really hope they keep up with this new powerful style. Also they had some unique "negative" tracks like Die Die, Dark and Bright, Damn Damn my Heart that simply amazed me...I love it. Likewise, the new vocalist: Daniel, also boosts my liking for Delta for he is a welcome addition to the freshness of Delta's style. Also Lukator's vocals also made Delta very enjoyable during the 170s with such tracks like Iron Man (literally one of the best eurobeat songs produced for the SEB serie), Fighting, Running Ninja, etc.... I hope Delta can keep on pumping high quality tracks for the 180s. :!: (I wonder if we can except to see another Dark Angels track sometime?)

Hi-Nrg Attack
I always liked Hi-Nrg attack's fast-paced, energetic style. Their performance for the 170s was predictable but still enjoyable. However there were some interesting changes exemplified in certain songs like Sucka Sucka Pizza. I cannot put my finger on it exactly, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I also have a penchant for all the vocalists in this label with their lung-blasting lyrics and accentuations of certain words (I love it when they put the word "Anger" in their tracks...sounded so neat in songs like "Get the Darkside Into My Brain SEB 169" and "Hannibal the Cannibal"). Keep on at it Hi-NRG Attack, you have my consistent support! :D

TIME
For the 160s, Time felt really slow and tedious for me. I could only recall a number of songs having an impression on me (Dave's Pride). However, Time really surprised me in the 170s with their sudden burst of pent up energy. Ever since SEB 171, I started to enjoy more of Time's new style and testosterone pumping synths and hooks. I am one of the few in this community that also enjoy the remakes. However, I still have some complaints about Time. One problem in particular concerns the vocalist: Helena. Her tracks seem very unimpressive and tiresome (reminds me a lot of Time's works before 170s). Aside from that, I have grown very fond of Mr.M, so far his tracks in the 170s exemplifies the best of Time's new style (Welcome People is simply the best). I can't wait to see what they have in store for the 180s (more Mr.M I hope :) ).

SCP
For the 170s, SCP produced the best and worst of the tracks from this era. Simply, all of Fastway's songs were good; that is an obvious statement we can all agree on :D . I admit that SCP has the best production quality among all the labels regarding their crip sounds, but sometimes it is merely that I don't particularly have a liking to some of their songs. One example is Christine: her tracks are impressive as they sound very clear and fresh, but simply I do not like the track as it does not click with me (i.e Summer Ski: Loved how it sounded, hated the style). Though I already miss Go2, but I can expect that they will show up in the 180s (I demand more Fastway, Ace and Nick Mansell also :grin: ).

Abeat
All I can wonder is: What happened?! They were very impressive in the 160s (actually they were the top label for me in the 160s) and started off well with 171. However, they quickly plummeted to the bottom of the totem pole for me. Obviously not all of their tracks were bad, like Black Devil (which was AWESOME 8) ), No Religion, Red Core, and Midnight Love. But, somehow their new "transy" sound doesn't appeal to me as much. As much as I love Powerful T prior to the 170s, what they did to him in the 170s is really unfortunate :cry: . Likewise Annalise's tracks seem really awkward and uninspiring, but it is great to see both Poweful T and Annalise back. Though, I am most excited that Ace Warrior is back...if only he doesn't end up getting the Powerful T treatment. Overall, their tracks were decent to great! I just only wish they could keep up with the rising greatness of Delta and Time. Better luck for the 180s :wink: (I still have hopes for Abeat)

Undecided:
Go Go Music
They simply arrived at SEB 175 and outdid the unfortunate Abeat. I love their style and fast paced energy. Simply what they did with Mega NRG Man and Manuel is incredible (Though we need Matt Land's return too)! I was thoroughly impressed with all their tracks so far. However, since they only released so many tracks, I am going to reserve any conclusions I make about them in regards to comparing them with other labels. I am very excited to see what happens at the 180s with this label :!: . (I hope they get new male vocalists too...now that would be awesome)

Overall Thoughts:
This was a great, unforgettable era. I was very happy with it (especially because of Delta :grin: ). Definitely topped 160 regarding quality and style. The only thing we are missing though is Sinclaire's unique influence...I hope Sinclaire style comes out with some Eurobeat soon! I hope that all the labels will be able to exceed for the 180s. Congratulations to all the labels for producing awesome tracks! Now on to SEB 180 :grin:
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 04 Jul 2007, 21:23

I'll do this from memory so as to really capture the impact of the songs...

Favorite 5 in random order:

1. KASANOVA: You and Me Forever
2. ANNALISE: Loverboy
3. KELLY T: Take Me to Heaven
4. MARK RISE: Love is Blue
5. DANIEL & CHERRY: Bach is Back

Least Favorite in Random Order:

1. CODY: Die Die
2. PRETTY WOMAN: Cherry Girl
3. PHIL AND LINDA: Into the Groove
4. SOPHIE - My World 2006
5. RICK CASTLE - You'll Never Be Lonely

Artists I have Loved this Decade: (in no order)

1. Kelly T. - I think Come Baby Love is cool. I like her song style. Take Me to Heaven is awesome. The background is kick-butt. Her pronunciation and inflection is fun and addivtive.

2. Kasanova - this dude's husky voice just rocks and I love the piano intros. So cheesy and awesome. There were several of them this TIME around

3. Helena - I have a lot of respect for Elena Ferretti. She has held together an entire label's female songs for a long time. I loved her offerings and remakes this decade.

4. Cherry - Some great offerings and besides, Clara Moroni is an incredible person!

5. Annerley Gordon - Just so glad to have her back in the scene. I do not love the songs as much as the olden days... but it's not her voice, it's A Beat C's fancy new synths I am not fond of... Nice to see her also working with TIME again. I am a loyal Annerley fan!

Artists I am not Fond of this Decade:
(mostly a taste issue so I'm going to skip this)

LABEL CHAT:

A Beat C:
I am not into the new synths. I really like the classic sound... too much playing with sounds and something is lost. Arists I normally LOVE I wasn't enjoying as much: Annerley Gordon, Norma Shefflied, Elena Gobbi Frattini. I don't like most of the male vocalists although I do like Neo, Ray Sun and Dave Rodgers. As fas as Nuage, I only liked Have a Nice Day. Pretty much all of the duets did not work for me. What happened to Karen Wainwright!? I miss her terribly. I also miss ELena Gobbi, who seems to be singing very rarely. Kelly T. is a great addition and has a fresh sound to her productions. But most other projects sound rehashed and filler-ish lately... something is lacking... what is it?

Delta:
Experiencing lots of trouble and reorganizing but still pumping out some great tunes. Daniel is very good. Rain was amazing (good job, Clara!) I also always love Kevin Johnson. I don't like the other female vocals so much though.

Time:
I am really becoming a fan. Elena Ferretti rocks and so does Gambogi. Some of the remakes were awful (the Sophie one, not so great.) But a lot of them were killer. They maintained a great original feeling to them. They also made Annerley sound great!

SCP:
Hmm I was a becoming a huge fan before but I am stepping back a little because now there are so many guest artists and duets/trios, the integrity of the individuals is getting confused in my head. GREAT singers in this group and original sounds... but not so much catching my ears this decade.

Go Go's Music:
I am so happy for Alessandra and her new label is really great so far... I love the Domino song and the new artists, especially Betty Beat. Looking forward to more!

Hi-NRG Attack:
Sometimes I am in the mood for this label, but well not usually. It's just too much for me. But that is only my taste. The label seems to be consistent. But too much so for my ear. It is really hard for me to tell who is singing, and even who is male or female. I feel like I am on drugs listening to this music. But sometimes I need that. But I usually work out while listening and it is just too fast.
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 05 Jul 2007, 14:33

drnrg wrote:Top 5 songs
1. Toby Vale- Heartbreaker 2007(TIME)
2. TIME Force- Love Me In The Heat Of The Night(TIME)
3. Mark Astley- Ironman(DELTA)
4. Helena- Your Love Is Melody(TIME)
5. Franz Tornado & Mad Cow Orchestra - Moo Moo Dollars(HRG Attack)

Worst 5(I take it #1 would be the worst song)
1. Kiki & Fancy - Go Bananas
2. Pamsy & Shady - Yo Yo Baby
3. Kiki & Fancy - Tuttifrutti Lollipop
4. Christine Feat. Elvis El Latino - Viva La Noche
5. Groove Twins - Dance Dance Monsteru

Those 5 songs all have a similair style that I don't particularly like.

Most surprising:

1. TIME= No surprisees, just keep getting better & better. Especailly the remakes!
2. DELTA= Super. Especailly Mark Astley and Daniel. Need more male vocalists.
3. HRG Attack= brought back some old familar names like Remy Panther and Leslie Hammond.
4. SCP= redeemed themselvers for every Kiki & Fancy song with one great Jay Lehr tune 8)

Most dissapointing:
Though I'm not a big SCP fan, I think ABeatC dissapointed me the most with thier expirimental "Transy" synths, especially on some powerful T. songs. I really hope Giancarlo brings back some of his older Aliases from the 90's like Mario Ross or Robert Stone to fill in the Mega NRG Man gap.
mwahaha, I can't help myself:

Overall a good review. My only gripe as with allways is how bias it is towards male songs and certain lables. 3 standout songs for TIME, only 1 for DELTA and HRG.
:grin:
- De apibus semper dubitandum est
(You never know about bees)

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 05 Jul 2007, 19:07

Top 5 Songs:
1.) Mega NRG Man - Red Light And Sex (179)
2.) Paul Harris - Mira la Luna (173)
3.) Mega NRG Man Feat. Kiko Loureiro - Rock Me (175)
4.) Daniel - Frontal Impact (179)
5.) Ray Sun - Black Devil (172)

Honorable Mentions:
Daniel & Cherry - Bach Is Back (179)
Pamsy - Once Upon a Time (172)
Mega NRG Man - In the Sunrise (173)
Neo - Midnight Love (171)
Kevin Johnson - You Light My Fire (175)

---

Labels & Comments:

A-Beat C :: Well, I have mixed emotions about Rodgers' stuff over the last year. I really like some of it, while I think some is incredibly mediocre. Maybe it's because I have such high expectations for this label, or maybe it's just because their music wasn't my thing... I'd say they did "alright" over this decade, but not upto previous years' quality.

Time :: Hit-and-miss. The remakes of their music was quite pleasing (yes, I even enjoyed "Melodies of Love 2007!!") - some of their new music was great to hear as well, showing Time still has plenty of talent to prosper. Too bad they don't present such music consistently...

Delta :: Minus a few songs this decade, I found myself growing more-and-more fond of Delta's work. With the introduction of new producers, talents, and ideas I was brought-back to the quality of work I enjoy by them from around the years '97 and '98. I'm quite pleased by them this decade... I hope they continue down this path. No real complaints in sight, for me. Just look at my top song list - a fair amount of it is Delta. Thumbs up. :wink:

SCP :: I can't say I enjoy nor dislike much by SCP this year. They released some killer songs and some materials I hardly noticed. I cannot recall any-one song I would call bad, therefore, I just say "alright" for the most part.

Hi-NRG Attack :: Ya know... I have no opinion on their music anymore. Really. I genuinly enjoy some tracks and get irritated by others. They're all over the board, though I cannot say I am impressed overall with the label. More songs like "Danger in Chinatown" and "Baila Companaro" would be nice to hear.

Go Go's Music :: Seven songs later, I say GO GO's for the win!! If this is the music we are going to be getting consistently from the team they have assembled, I have no complaints. There are some songs I like more than others, but I find all their productions catchy and memorable. Thumbs up to Sando Oliva and Alessandra Gatti! My curiosity has been aroused, and I'm rooting for ya. :D
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 05 Jul 2007, 20:06

Sadie
(yes, I even enjoyed "Melodies of Love 2007!!")

You are not alone .I will write out a paragraph on the song's defense, just because it's such a classic and so other fans reading the forum realize that thier are also some of us who LOVE that song :D
I will start out by saying that it's one of those songs that really is "BEAUTIFUL" in all aspects. I can only compare it to the recent "Magic Rainbow" or "Waiting For You" The atmosphere is soothing, the instruments are beautifully arranged and Elena's vocals sound beyond "Heavenly" I think it was one of Those remakes, where a lot of work went into reinventing it's sound(solely, because it's so new in TIME catlougue) I wonder if the fans that didn't like it at all were the ones that were never fans of the song to begin with. Is is the vocals, melody, atmosphere, or instruments...or is it that some fans were just so P.O.d that it was given the honour of being remade?

I know Bore hates the original just as much, from what I read in his review, but was the original that much hated as well. When I purchased the 12' some years back from NRG Boys, Danny and Eddy(they had thier own record shop in Holland some years back) They said it was one of the more popular songs. It even made top 10 in Iventi D'Azzuro mag. I kow it must have been well recieved by the magority of Eurobeat fans, so why all the hate? :?

SirSlugma
Euro To B

Post by SirSlugma » 05 Jul 2007, 23:19

I don't really feel like being negative (I've done enough of that regarding 179), so I'm going to post a Top 10 best instead of a Top 5 best and worst. 8)

10. Sara - Crazy For Love [178]
9. Dave Simon - Speed Man [173]
8. Nando - Dark and Bright [172]
7. Paul Harris - Every Night [172]
6. Daniel - One More Try [177]
5. Ace - Futureland [175]
4. Daniel - Frontal Impact [179]
3. Barbie - Para Para Girl [172]
2. Ace feat. La Gatta - One Touch [176]
1. Melissa White - Wanna Be With You [171]

About 'da labels:
I'll admit that I thought Go Go's Music would feature a bunch of Domino tracks that I'd hate, but their stuff has been great so far. They've easily outshined A-Beat C this decade, even with only a few productions.
Delta also did a great job rebounding from what I thought was a lackluster decade in the 160s (too many poor Clara Moroni songs) by being possibly the best label of this decade.
SCP was consistently solid, with a few tracks I found amazing, but many that were just good, and not great.
Hi NRG Attack and Time were both average to me, both succeeding occasionally but releasing FAR too many tracks that just sounded like they'd been made a hundred times before.