Why Avex And Your Ugly SEB 151 WHY!?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
sobakasu
Eurocurious

Why Avex And Your Ugly SEB 151 WHY!?

Post by sobakasu » 25 Sep 2004, 01:40

Why did Avex go back to the ugly SEB Covers? I loved how they had pretty faces and bright colors ;-; Now they're going back to the uglies. AND I HATED THE OLD COVERS WHICH IS WHY I WILL NEVER BUY THEM.

But Vol. 151 has got to be the worst. It's like... kinky goth crap. And it should be some woman with flowers in her hair with sparkles all over the place. Not some scary ugly woman pinching her self ._.

I wanted to buy SEB 151 too ;-;. I swear though. 152 better not be that ugly.

I'm all about apperence XD.

MaxXRage
Eurobeat Fan

Post by MaxXRage » 25 Sep 2004, 04:30

Yeah I think that they don't do one good thing backing to the old covers...

Paraclete
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Paraclete » 25 Sep 2004, 06:47

Let Japan record press album of SEB, A big mistake after all and absolutely! :x :x :x :x
Last edited by Paraclete on 25 Sep 2004, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
SEB 200

Paraclete
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Paraclete » 25 Sep 2004, 06:56

Why don't they negotiate BMG,UNIVERSE,EMI...
SEB 200

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 25 Sep 2004, 07:06

Pssht. I totally disagree with you (but you all ready knew that. XD)

I lightened it up haha. (the scan was from my friend Ahmed ^^)

See, she has pretty feathers for eye lashes =3 I love the cover to much. It brings us back to the old style of the SEBs, which I absolutely love too. The newer album covers are pretty, sure, but boring. "ooh, a woman with a serious/sexy look on her face~" *yawn* I'd rather have something like SEB151 over something like SEB147, for example. Adds more interest.

Plus, when did coverart determine the music quality? From what I've heard of the album all ready, the songs are excellent.

Don't judge a book (well, in this case, a SEB XD) by it's cover. :(

Shinranshoni
Euro To B

Post by Shinranshoni » 25 Sep 2004, 07:16

i todally dig the fuzz coming out of her eyes XD

KrAzy Che3To
Euro To B

Post by KrAzy Che3To » 25 Sep 2004, 23:00

Nine wrote:Pssht. I totally disagree with you (but you all ready knew that. XD)

I lightened it up haha. (the scan was from my friend Ahmed ^^)

See, she has pretty feathers for eye lashes =3 I love the cover to much. It brings us back to the old style of the SEBs, which I absolutely love too. The newer album covers are pretty, sure, but boring. "ooh, a woman with a serious/sexy look on her face~" *yawn* I'd rather have something like SEB151 over something like SEB147, for example. Adds more interest.

Plus, when did coverart determine the music quality? From what I've heard of the album all ready, the songs are excellent.

I think the total opposite.

The cover sucks - so does the CD so it matches :)

I'd prefer to have 147 over seb 151 x_X since seb 147 is one of my favorite seb's :(!

Trance
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Trance » 26 Sep 2004, 00:52

Why does it look like she's popping a zit under her chin ....

My site, check it out.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 26 Sep 2004, 01:27

Cover weirdness is COOL!

While I admit that the 140's girls were prettyful, Cover weirdness has been a staple for SEB's for 100-ish volumes. I love it. Though you could kinda tell they were trying to go back to the style from 1-100 slowly, especially during the 140's where the covers wern't in full colour anymore and the CD style went back with the track list on it.

EDIT: My post count has turned 151, how freaky :lol: :lol:

Chan Ho Nam
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Chan Ho Nam » 26 Sep 2004, 07:41

Nine wrote: Plus, when did coverart determine the music quality? From what I've heard of the album all ready, the songs are excellent.

Totally agree. If you're only judging it by the cover, it kinda makes you shallow, surely a EB fan would look past that?

riikou
Eurocurious

Post by riikou » 26 Sep 2004, 18:28

Chan Ho Nam wrote:
Nine wrote: Plus, when did coverart determine the music quality? From what I've heard of the album all ready, the songs are excellent.

Totally agree. If you're only judging it by the cover, it kinda makes you shallow, surely a EB fan would look past that?
What they said. o.o

Jion

Post by Jion » 26 Sep 2004, 21:54

151 is an incredible CD. It's trully a work of art. Both the cover and the music. By going back to the artistic style of covers, they are making the whole CD package worth something. The music on the CD is quite easliy one of the best packages put together in quite a long time. They are moving away from totally catering to the parapara group to incorporate other people as well. A lot of people that don't like the music of the newer SEBs are complaining that its too slow and thus not as much fun to dance parapara to. But I've found out that a lot more people listen to Eurobeat not for parapara, but to just have something fun and new to listen to. Thats how I am. While I do like to parapara to some songs, I find myself having more fun just regular dancing to a new Manuel, Nuage, Ace, Fastway or whatever song. If Eurobeat catered only to parapara, then not everyone would be enjoying it. And Avex and the eurobeat producers are in a business. As much as people don't like to hear it, the producers will cater to those where they can make money from. It's all about supply and demand. Parapara has gone down and a lot of the new music (which you can tell) is catered more to those that listen to it for the fun of it or racing style (or just driving in your car with it playing). Hence all the racing style songs such as Car Of Your Dreams, Speed Demon (King Of Kings), Get Another Chance, Go Beat Crazy, Speed Car, etc. Things are changing to accomodate those people whom have become a huge part of the Eurobeat industry. Parapara will always be around as long as Eurobeat is there, but things had to have been changed to include other people as well.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 26 Sep 2004, 22:44

KrAzy Che3To wrote: I'd prefer to have 147 over seb 151 x_X since seb 147 is one of my favorite seb's :(!
SEB147 is one of my favorite SEBs too! I judge it on the music though, not the cover. (Even though she is petty, the cover is a bit freaky. It looks like she's gonna kill me :(!)

Jion - I don't know what you're saying about the Para Para aspect, you can easily parapara to all these songs! hehe

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 26 Sep 2004, 23:09

I couldn't have agreed more with Jion... 151 is great, the style is completely different in a way, but we still have our beloved musicgenre at our hands. It's just different, see slower.... But still very good, a great album in all aspects

Jion

Post by Jion » 27 Sep 2004, 04:17

Nine wrote:Jion - I don't know what you're saying about the Para Para aspect, you can easily parapara to all these songs! hehe
Well of course Parapara is going to be there. I don't mean its totally gone but what I'm saying is that parapara is considered to follow the faster more aggressive music. The style we have here on this album is slower and has a more sophisticated style (especially with Van T.K.s song, a phenominal song...). I never meant that parapara was to be shunned but the style that parapara seems to focus on (the fast paced agressive music) is slowly being faded out to a more racing and more dance style music (not parapara dance but just like dance with a partner style, again back to Van T.K.s song... Goodness I love that song don't I? lol)
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p