Go Cosplay

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 19 Oct 2007, 22:38

drnrg wrote:Cosmic_Bard
I don't really care, I guess. If I want to hear her recorded vocals, I'll get the track.
I gather you are not a fan of the beautiful Giorgia Vecchini :(
Eh. She wears too much makeup.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Giorgia V
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Giorgia V » 21 Oct 2007, 12:10

x Cosmic Brand

Oh oh ..
my version of the facts.

I arrived in Mexico City after 14 hours of flight from Italy, and when I arrrived in the airport they kept me immediately in the studio ( witthout a shower, without sleeping ecc even if I was really very tired like you can imagine); they told me I had to be ready in 20 minutes and sing my song in PLAYBACK ( sorry it was the first time for me, I was not ready , I'm not a real singer like you :| ), so I tryed to do my best.

Sorry if you dislike my costume ( very strange it's actually considered the best Pluto in the world, but maybe you are a professional taylor and you can judge better..:), if you think I'm too old to cosplay ( really strange,, In America the average age is on 30...but it's not clear what is thenexus with the song )and I have too much make up( Sailor Pluto is really tunned not like me) and my poor performance, I hope that you could do better than me in the same situation.

I forgot! I was totally lonely in the studio there were no audience :|

Sorry for my english

Giorgia

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 21 Oct 2007, 13:08

Go Cosplay is a great, energetic song. The vocals are good and it's really nice to see this performance! I like it.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 21 Oct 2007, 13:24

I get the feeling people here are being exceptionally quick to judge. The performance looked rather out of place because it was like taking something designed for an energetic, FX-heavy environment and putting it on some Mexican daytime talk show. Not really a great combo!

Personally I think the song sounds really cool (if difficult to judge due to Youtube's crappy audio), and Giorgia sounds really good - perhaps an anime convention would have been a better setting for wearing a cosplay costume ;) Or perhaps have some backup dancers in there to help complete the illusion?

Is this definitely a GGM song by the way?

Giorgia V
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Giorgia V » 21 Oct 2007, 14:07

I hope so, but there are some legal problems maybe :o

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 21 Oct 2007, 15:15

DJ Mike TJG wrote: Is this definitely a GGM song by the way?
It was produced with ABeatC during the time Domino joined after D1Style didn't take off, and before GOGOSMUSIC was created. Although, seeing theres a huge delay I wouldn't be surprised if it was released under GGM.
Giorgia V wrote:I hope so, but there are some legal problems maybe :o
Ahh, I assumed so. AVEX is really hard up with their licencing and legal stuff when it comes to Eurobeat, so I'm not surprised.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 21 Oct 2007, 15:17

eheheh! Ciau Giorgia,

Non ti cura delle maldicenze. Hai fatto benissimo.
Sei figaaaaaaa! Complimenti !8)

ciau

oc
ImageImageImage

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 21 Oct 2007, 15:24

DJ Mike TJG wrote:I get the feeling people here are being exceptionally quick to judge. The performance looked rather out of place because it was like taking something designed for an energetic, FX-heavy environment and putting it on some Mexican daytime talk show. Not really a great combo!
You make it seem like I was expecting her to break dance or something. No. Just swaying side to side or doing something with the prop would have made it a bit more exciting, nothing more. I presumed she was tired though, but either way, it doesn't detract to how I feel about the song. It's still very, very good.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 21 Oct 2007, 15:56

Jay wrote:You make it seem like I was expecting her to break dance or something. No. Just swaying side to side or doing something with the prop would have made it a bit more exciting, nothing more. I presumed she was tired though, but either way, it doesn't detract to how I feel about the song. It's still very, very good.
No, you've completely misconstrued my statement - I was talking about the environment, not what Giorgia herself was doing. The setup she was singing in was about as completely anti-NRG/Eurobeat as you could possibly get! It'd be like having a Eurobeat artist perform on Richard & Judy in the UK.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 21 Oct 2007, 19:45

Welcome to the boards, Giorgia! Glad to have 'ya. :3

Yeah, people have said before (outside of this board, at least) that booking bands from AVEX (in some cases, ESPECIALLY Eurobeat artists) is harder than booking Paul McCartney or Van Halen: "JUST FORGET ABOUT IT". The sheer legal hullaballoo, not to mention the sheer COST, AVEX must put bookers through must be intense.

And, yeah, the setting really didn't seem inclusive to a high-energy Eurobeat song. It's like hosting Franz Tornado at a classical music society: their dentures would fall right next to their monocles. "Hmmmmyessss, today we have quite a brilliant chap, FrederiGYANGUROOOO! YOU LIKE A SUPASTAAAAH~!"

...oh wow. That was an entertaining image.

ADD-ON: And, yes, the average age for Cosplay here in the states IS about 30. Given that some cosplay as young as 5 and others cosplay as old as 55 (we really wish they wouldn't in some cases...), the median is about that point. Hopefully my Ranma cosplay will get in soon...

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Oct 2007, 01:54

That was just awesome for Giorgia Vecchini to join in on the forum. I said it once & I'll say it agian. SHE LOOKS GREAT :D

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 22 Oct 2007, 02:40

Well, I guess all I can say was, I didn't make those comments under the assumption that they'd be read or even replied to by the actual person. o_o

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but I'm sure you know better than most that the music industry is a place of harsh judgements... nonetheless, I'm sorry if I said anything particularily hurtful, Ms. Veccini.

You're doing work for eurobeat and that puts you above most, to me.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Oct 2007, 08:14

Remember how we allways talk about who reads these forums? I guess Giorgia has a real interest in Eurobeat to surf this forum. I'm glad she spoke up and gave some details. It's a real shame she was alone in the studio. I would definately be there for support 8)

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 22 Oct 2007, 15:27

drnrg wrote:Remember how we allways talk about who reads these forums?
quoted for truth!! :D

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 22 Oct 2007, 19:27

My two cents are basically: AWESOME & WTB.

If A-Beat C materials are as magnificently produced and sound as unique I'd be wetting myself day & night. This song really needs to be released on SEB.