Melodia Castellari's Aliases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Melodia Castellari's Aliases

Post by MAtRiCks » 06 Nov 2007, 05:24

I would like to have peoples opinion, and maybe some well informed person's answers on the case of Melodia Castellari, "upcoming" singer at Hi-NRG attack, performing in Hot Gal, Lovers In The Night and S.O.S & Loving All Around.

The only informations available on EP about her is that she sang two songs for Delta, but after listening to "Why Not" and "Fly" (SEB 118 and 107) under the alias Melodia, I could not find any ressemblance whatsoever with the voice behind Hot Gal and Lovers In The Night...

Now this only gets more twisted when I do find songs with vocals that sound alike the presumed Melodia Castellari at Hi-NRG attack recently, and I'm talking about Baby Gold - Colour Of My Love from Euromach 9...

Now I guess i'm probably the only freak to even care about that, but still I wanna ask :P Did she use to sing for Hi-NRG back in the late Eurobeat Flash or Euromach era? Is she the same person singing on these delta songs, although they don't really sound the same?

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Re: Melodia Castellari's Aliases

Post by jeurobeat » 06 Nov 2007, 06:17

MAtRiCks wrote:The only informations available on EP about her is that she sang two songs for Delta, but after listening to "Why Not" and "Fly" (SEB 118 and 107) under the alias Melodia, I could not find any ressemblance whatsoever with the voice behind Hot Gal and Lovers In The Night...
Delta used the name "Melody" at the time the label started. Those songs were sung by Elena. I'd say the more recent songs were sung by Daniela.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 06 Nov 2007, 12:48

those songs weren't sung by elena, her first song was one more time/sara.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 06 Nov 2007, 13:06

Jeurobeat intended Elena Ferretti, not your beloved Elena Sbalchiero! XD
ImageImageImage

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 06 Nov 2007, 14:24

What a nice coincidence! :grin:
I've been doing a research on Melody Castellari over the last few days, and I wanted to create a topic to post my findings, but you beat me to it :P

Here is what I can say for sure:

- She never worked with Delta; the "Melody" alias is just a pure coinidence.
- She doesn't work with HRG anymore since around 1999-2000 (late EbF, early Euromach).
The current vocalist for Baby Gold, Maddy Layne, etc. is Monica, the wife of Andrea Girbaudo (Rick Castle).
I used to confuse their voices too, but Nick Festari helped me out a lot ;)

For quick reference:
Melody: Nikita Jr. - Saturday Night, Tri-Star - Dancing In Maharaja, Mara Nell - Renegado, Jee Bee - Everytime You Touch Me There, etc.
Monica: Baby Gold - Traffic In My Bed, Baby Gold - Colours Of My Love, Kara Mell - Let The Music Play Forever, Maddy Layne - Lovers In The Night, etc.
Monica has a softer, more "cutesy" voice than Melody, who has a deeper, more soulful voice.

- I'm 100% sure Melody also sang for SAIFAM - it is definitely her voice in tracks such as Hey Guy by Laurie or Daddy Boy by Sarah.
I sent her a message on Myspace just today, asking about these and other tracks in which I think she sings.
- What's more, I also think she worked with Vibration, but I need a few more days to sort it out... That's a whole lot of tracks to analyse!

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 06 Nov 2007, 16:24

oresama-chan wrote:Jeurobeat intended Elena Ferretti, not your beloved Elena Sbalchiero! XD
Indeed! :grin:

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Nov 2007, 18:58

I don't think Giovanna, the girl behind Jenny ROM, ever worked for Asia. I highly suspect she might be a Interdance-only vocalist for Jenny ROM, The Zippers, and Trisha (of Task Force). Although whoever it is sounds so much like Melodia, who did the eurobeat tracks I thought were her, I do suspect there are still some vocal differences, even though both of them frequently have their voices pitched-up.

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 06 Nov 2007, 19:17

Thank you cheeseman, your investigations are helping me sorting all these voices/aliases out in my head!

I agree with you, it could definitely be Melodia singing on SAIFAM, especially in Hey Guy.

About Vibration, I sense it could be Melodia's voice behind hits such as Elisa - Poison.

And I'm glad to put a name on that great vocalist who worked for Hi-NRG during the late Euromach era alongside Bazooka Girl, and even more happy to know she is definitely back for more in recent SEB albums! Way to go Monica :P

another thing: the last song released with Melodia's vocals under Hi-NRG is to my knowing Ciao Ciao - Harmony, which came out on Euromach 15, in july 2002, so I dont know if its been produced back in 2000, but Melodia might have worked with Hi-NRG a bit longer than we think.

I guess that the best way to know is to ask the women herself! Please let us know if she gives you any revealing answers :D

P.S. to #Infinity: I dont know if its safe to go outside of eurobeat world and include the vocalist for Jenny Rom in our speculations! After re-listening to Jenny Rom'S songs, I also find some kind of resemblance, but hey, I use to think that Monica was a pitched up version of Melodia, so I dont exactly trust my ear so much anymore :P

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Nov 2007, 20:03

MAtRiCks wrote:another thing: the last song released with Melodia's vocals under Hi-NRG is to my knowing Ciao Ciao - Harmony, which came out on Euromach 15, in july 2002, so I dont know if its been produced back in 2000, but Melodia might have worked with Hi-NRG a bit longer than we think.
Nope, Harmony dates way back to around 1997 in the Hi-NRG Attack catalogue, so I guess she really did leave the label around 2000.
MAtRiCks wrote:P.S. to #Infinity: I dont know if its safe to go outside of eurobeat world and include the vocalist for Jenny Rom in our speculations! After re-listening to Jenny Rom'S songs, I also find some kind of resemblance, but hey, I use to think that Monica was a pitched up version of Melodia, so I dont exactly trust my ear so much anymore :P
I used to think Jenny ROM did a bunch of Asia female tracks, but after a bit of investigation from cheeseman, I think it's only logical to say that she's restricted to Interdance Records instead (eurodance music produced by Saifam). :wink:

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 06 Nov 2007, 21:02

#Infinity wrote:
MAtRiCks wrote:another thing: the last song released with Melodia's vocals under Hi-NRG is to my knowing Ciao Ciao - Harmony, which came out on Euromach 15, in july 2002, so I dont know if its been produced back in 2000, but Melodia might have worked with Hi-NRG a bit longer than we think.
Nope, Harmony dates way back to around 1997 in the Hi-NRG Attack catalogue, so I guess she really did leave the label around 2000.
Exactly - in case of Hi-NRG Attack (as well as Asia and Vibration) it's better to look at catalogue numbers instead of CD release dates.
MAtRiCks wrote:About Vibration, I sense it could be Melodia's voice behind hits such as Elisa - Poison.
Yes! I've been trying hard to recall where I heard her voice, and you hit the spot 8)
I also think it could be her voice in Luna - Boom Boom Tokyo.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 07 Nov 2007, 01:59

yes yes now i hear it,
she sang on vibration too!!!
Rainy Days/Regina, With Your Eyes/Cindy Cooper, Killing my Love/Angela, same vocals as Renegado/Mara Nell etc

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 07 Nov 2007, 06:56

:!:
Melody Castellari wrote:I have sung about 2000 eurobeat songs along my career
I think it's safe to say that it's Melody's voice on a LOT of Saifam tracks.
However, she couldn't recognize specific titles or aliases, since she never actually receives her songs on a CD or something (which is really sad :()
So, I sent her a few audio clips... But I'm already sure that it's her in all of these:

- Little Barby - Bubble Girl
- Veronika - Superdance
- Jenny - Pussycat Love
- Nancy Tracy - Ring My Bell
- Milk & Coffea - Oh Baby Do It
- Laurie - Jingo Dance
- Blue Roses - Roppongi Carillon
- Little Barby - Joo Joo
- Sarah - With My Fire
- Milk & Coffea - Cinderella
- Tipsy & Tipsy - Let Your Body Love
- Milk & Coffea - Don't Stop Living
- Laurie - P.S. I Love You
- Sarah - Daddy Boy
- Energy-Girls - Mata Hari
- Milk & Coffea - Yellow Butterfly
- Tipsy & Tipsy - Mister Go
- Laurie - Hey Guy
- Radiorama - Magic Butterfly
- Laurie - Bandolero
- Magdaleine - Fly Fly
- Kinki - Sing A Little Little Dan
- Radiorama - Fading Love
- Laurie - Roses Are Red
- Lara - Show Me That Your Love
- Radiorama - To Feel Alright
- Kinki - Tump Tump Tump
- The Factory Team - Gengis Khan
- Valery Scott - Valentine Day
- Gipsy Baby - What A Wonderful Day
- Laurie - Love Is By Your Side
- Lara - I Will Love You Again
- Tipsy & Tipsy - Baby Boy
Melody Castellari wrote:ah, tomorrow I will be at Saifam's studio...I'll refer to you what I'm going to sing OK?
That means we might be getting some insider info soon 8)

Matteo Rizzi
Euro To B

Post by Matteo Rizzi » 07 Nov 2007, 17:58

MELODY is the real name, not Melodia ! ^_^/