Early Eurobeat/Italo-Disco Labels??

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Early Eurobeat/Italo-Disco Labels??

Post by para_rigby » 15 Nov 2007, 08:23

I've noticed some of y'all have some deep knowledge of label history and singers so I'm wondering if someone could give me a little history on early labels like ZYX or HIGH ENERGY? I noticed the first couple of SEB albums, there are some labels which we don't see nowadays.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Nov 2007, 10:56

I guess I could answer some of that, since I did mention those labels

High Energy was an Italo label wich ran from 1989 - 1991. It was Severo Lombadony productions. One of the main writers and producers was Julio Ferrarin. Well known artist like Alan barry ,Joe Yellow and Ian Lex were showcased and many famous Italo voaclist also sang on that label. Including Clara M, Dora C, Giancarlo P, F.Diaferia and Ferrarin himself. Among others. Some of Clara's biggest hits were Reflectors-"You Drive Me Crazy", Madam X-Infatuation and Jaqueline- All My Heart. Pasquini sang Robert Newman- Love Me Girl. Even Laurent produced one song; The mega "My Love" by Jasmin. Another Sublabel was born under that one called Disco Energy with the famouse Hit "Passion" by Marianne, also sung and co-written by Clara. All this information I'm giving is straight off my vinyl collection, but I'm sure there is much more other members can tell you about the label.

ZXY was a popular distributing Italo label in the 80's. I don't know who ran it, but some very famouse songs were released like Mike Mareen- Love Spy, Eddy Hunington- Meet My Friend, Green Olives- Jive Into The Night and quite afew songs by Italo legends Fun Fun.

These older Italo labels like the above mentioned ,as well as Memory, Flea and Technology are crucial to hard core Italo Energy fans. There you can birth the birth of some famouse Italo names like Pasquinni, Claudio Magnani, Gino Caria, Fabrizzo Rizzolo, Clara ect... TIME ;of course pretty much gave them all thier start. I just had to say it :P

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 15 Nov 2007, 13:33

drnrg wrote:Some of Clara's biggest hits were Reflectors-"You Drive Me Crazy"
Nope. That one isn't Clara. :P I forgot who was the vocalist, though.
Prolly Dora Carofiglio? Jeurobeat?
dr wrote: ZXY was a popular distributing Italo label in the 80's. I don't know who ran it
ZXY is a German label run by Moczulska who invented the term
Italo Disco in...er..early-mid 80's. 8)
ImageImageImage

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 15 Nov 2007, 15:53

oresama-chan wrote:
drnrg wrote:Some of Clara's biggest hits were Reflectors-"You Drive Me Crazy"
Nope. That one isn't Clara. :P I forgot who was the vocalist, though.
Prolly Dora Carofiglio? Jeurobeat?
Yes, that's true! :) Dora, what a heavenly voice she has!
oresama-chan wrote:
dr wrote: ZXY was a popular distributing Italo label in the 80's. I don't know who ran it
ZXY is a German label run by Moczulska who invented the term
Italo Disco in...er..early-mid 80's. 8)
I think Krystyna Moczulska was the girlfriend or maybe a relative of Severo Lombardoni. If I remember correctly, ZYX music was founded by Bernard Mikulski (yes, the names look alike :)) See http://www.zyx.de

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Nov 2007, 19:49

oresama-chan
Nope. That one isn't Clara. I forgot who was the vocalist, though.
Prolly Dora Carofiglio? Jeurobeat
I knew I'd screw up at least one female vocal :D

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 15 Nov 2007, 22:00

jeurobeat wrote:(yes, the names look alike :))
Cause they're both Polish! 8)

Also, don't forget about Radiorama Productions - created by Paolo Gemma in 1987, following the international success of Radiorama (the group).
Who hasn't heard Radiorama's ABCD (Clara on vocals) or Max Coveri's Bye Bye Baby (Mauro on vocals)?
Most Radiorama tracks were written and produced by Farina/Crivellente and Baldoni/Rosellini/Moroni/Bonini.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Nov 2007, 02:25

cheeseman
Also, don't forget about Radiorama Productions - created by Paolo Gemma in 1987, following the international success of Radiorama (the group).
Who hasn't heard Radiorama's ABCD (Clara on vocals) or Max Coveri's Bye Bye Baby (Mauro on vocals)?
Most Radiorama tracks were written and produced by Farina/Crivellente and Baldoni/Rosellini/Moroni/Bonini
Might as well mention Stil Novo while your at it. Main composers were Baldoni-Rosellini-Bonini as in Nando Bonini. Oh yeah, don't forget Finzy records with clasics from Louis and Dan Newman. 8)