Songs that deserve more credit

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Dec 2007, 01:03

Jion
Both Giacomo Caria songs

Bang Bang Boom Boom
Light My Fire
QFT! He sang those exactly like his father would have 8)

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 23 Dec 2007, 02:19

One I somehow just stumbled across...

Hi-Gang - "Eeh Ooh! Eeh Ooh! Eeh Ooh!"

Man, whatever happened to the harder, ass-kicking version of Time, anyway?

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 23 Dec 2007, 04:41

I really only liked Time when they had Dima and Claudio Magnani. I don't really like any of their other vocalists now besides De Leo in some occasions.

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 23 Dec 2007, 04:41

MesdoramElmdor wrote:I really only liked Time when they had Dima and Claudio Magnani. I don't really like any of their other vocalists now besides De Leo in some occasions.
The song I mentioned was sung by Dima. :wink:

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 23 Dec 2007, 06:25

Another song I recently remembered is in my top ten list is 'Hot Desire - King Kobra'.

It could be just that I like Fausto Guio's productions, but I just really like the somewhat different slower pace the song goes at. It's got some really great lyrics in it, too. The b-melo is particularily... different. :P
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Dec 2007, 06:33

Cosmic_Bard
Another song I recently remembered is in my top ten list is 'Hot Desire - King Kobra'.
Flipside of "Take My Hand", if I remember correctly and sung by David SRB. When it comes to King Kobra, I flipped over "Sledge Hammer" and "I Want Your Sex" Those Delta Force songs he sang like "Heros" and "Relight My Fire" were really good. As well as Disco Vega. At least it sounded like him. His vocals sounded a lot like Nando's 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 25 Dec 2007, 05:57

Memories Of Love / Baby Gold

Not a well-remembered song due to the singing (I can vaguely hear Christina Cucchi as one of the vocalists, but someone else, whom right now I can't identify, is accompanying her), but I got to say that I love it a lot. The melody structure is quite different from HRG's usual ideas, but it works really nicely and makes it one of the most memorable older numbers from the catalogue.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 04 Jan 2008, 04:28

Japan Japan / Max Hi-NRG & Hi-Frequency was a complete standout from Super Eurobeat 64 but never really got any major credit. I honestly don't see what there isn't to like about it; the c-melody is diverse and rewarding, while the vocals and lyrics are both plain irresistable. The track flows with so much spirit and hits you with all the right notes at all the right moments. Seems to me like a perfect hit on all levels. Seriously, I wish there were more eurobeat as authentically memorable as this track. Time was definitely the label to beat in 1995 and 1996.
Last edited by #Infinity on 04 Jan 2008, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Jan 2008, 04:30

#Infinity
Time was definitely the label to beat in 1995 and 1996.
they still are 8)

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: Songs that deserve more credit

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 05 Jan 2020, 19:42

Bore wrote: 22 Nov 2007, 18:26 We all have our favorites naturally with variable music tastes. Which songs do you recon never got enough credit and should have become bigger hits and one of those so called "EVERLASTING DANCE TRAXX"?

Oh, there are soooooooooo many! :D A look in my playlist should say it all, haha.

There are really some good Eurobeat-tracks, that deserve more attention. Not just the ones we know from Initial D or someone else. Especially the ones from the early days deserve more credit. At least here in this forum, I always noticed it, that most of you (not everyone) only talks and post Eurobeat-tracks from the modern era, not from the 90's or earlier. Maybe that's just the way I see it, but at least that's my view. This is why I think, that the Eurobeat-tracks from the 90's deserve the same attention like the ones from today. But enough of this, here are some of my favorites, that deserve more credit:

1. Mike West - Wild Night: I don't know, why this song appears only in just one Eurobeat-Volume (before you ask: SEB Vol. 184). Yeah, maybe it's just me, but this song shows, how Eurobeat should be & how it is. Powerful, loud, great, clearly hype, it's amazing. Why nobody talks about it? It's a mystery to me....

2. Atrium - Tokyo Guys: Also a song, that nobody talks about. A simple, but brilliant and fast sound with a mix of modern Eurobeat and the good ol' disco-feeling, it's like Ecstasy. But somehow it doesn't seem to interest anyone.

3. David Off - Imagination: Even this song should get more attention and everyone must hear it! A happy, but still cool sound, a song you can get addicted to it. Just listen to it! I don't say more about it.

4. Disco Vega - Hi Energy: Yes, the name says it all: "DISCO" Vega. And it sounds really like this. It has such a funky and catchy disco-sound, you can't just sit there, you have to groove with it. And even the song's name makes it just better, cause it's really packed with Hi Energy, this is, what makes Eurobeat so great and ass-kickin'.

Oh, I could name maaany, many other songs, but that should be enough for now. I can't mention over half of my playlist now, that would take so much time. But I hope, this 4 songs i mentioned get more attention now, I mean, someone has to do it, lol.

Gtmkm98
Eurobeat Fan

Re: Songs that deserve more credit

Post by Gtmkm98 » 07 Jan 2020, 23:00

This is my list:
Kasanova - I Remember (SEB 194) - This song is awesome. From the awesome vocals by Gambogi, the excellent Sabi, and an awesome chorus, who can't resist this masterpiece!?

Go2 - Go Racin' Go! (SEB 172) - This song is amazing; from the great vocals by Zanini to the amazing Sabi that shows the true power of SCP Music, this song is another song I will always recommend for anybody looking for a rare find.

Manuel - All Is Magic (SEB 204)
- This song is pure nostalgia for me. This is so reminiscent of a Mario Kart Wii theme that it instantly stuck out to me as soon as I heard the Sabi. I cannot resist the slow, Italo-Disco feels that this song gives, and is a perfect example of just how variable labels and artists can be. I recommend this hit to anybody.

The A-Beat Boys - We'll Stop the Time (SEB 141)
- Dave Rodgers nails the vocals on this song. Not only that but the one-of-a-kind Sabi gives the song a flawless feeling that you cannot resist as soon as you hear it. This song is AWESOME!

Morris - Bad Tonight (SEB 141)
- When I saw this song at first, I thought it would be an extremely fast and powerful song. That is Master Power. This little gem has a stunning late 90's feel with a steadily moving bpm and great vocals, plus a new, fresh approach to the Sabi that gives me nostalgic notes in my mind. This song is a great song that I also recommend to anybody who is looking for a fresh, new approach to classic Eurobeat.

That is my current list.
There's No Traffic Light at the Speed of Light.

-Supersonic Hero, by Steve Holley