Super Eurobeat 184

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 04 Feb 2008, 14:06

Jay wrote:I believe this is the third time this decade so far that Annerley has the worst song on the album (in my opinion, of course). Not an impressive losing streak, that's for sure. I'll make a more productive review later, just found that amusing.
I'm surprised this song has taken so much of a beating, to be honest - for me it was one of the stronger highlights, but then I quite enjoy the more melodic, melancholic, less energetic EB productions. For me, the front runner for worst-song-on-album was Mega NRG Man. I really, really haven't liked any of his songs on A-Beat C over almost the past 3 years. I think the last one I really loved was Supertonic Lady, in fact! :S Wasn't that 157?

Conversely I love both his songs under GGM, which is making a sad point about how much A-Beat C have let this name slip.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 05 Feb 2008, 02:29

Everyone seems to be up in arms about 'Just A Game 2008' ripping off the Vanity introduction. Did nobody else notice that the introduction to 'Wild Night' was rehashing 'Love For Money 2008' (if you ignore the vocals)? I'm just surprised nobody picked this up consider those two songs are on this album. TIME must be running out of ideas.

I believe this is the third time this decade so far that Annerley has the worst song on the album (in my opinion, of course). Not an impressive losing streak, that's for sure. I'll make a more productive review later, just found that amusing.
I concider you to be one of the bigger TIME fans and myself probly being the biggest, but I agree on the Jast A Game remake. I could easily give that song a 10 just for Elena and the choard progession alone; wich grows on me by the minuite, but the same intro as Vanity's song? Oach :cry: I'm almost tempted to believe that there was some mix up in the final edit, oh well there is allways next TIME 8)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 05 Feb 2008, 04:53

Annie's songs get better after each release! I think she, along with Dany, are the two best vocalists from TIME.

Why are Annie's tracks so under appreciated??

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 05 Feb 2008, 09:46

For me this album is an absolute let-down! The only song that really stood out to the rest for me was: 'My Sweet Forever' where I really like the saxophone part in the bridge!

The rest of the new album is just average or aren't just compatible with my taste of this new-style Eurobeat...

Meh, I want the Italo inspired Eurobeat back! :cry: *yes, I'm a conservative ass*
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 05 Feb 2008, 15:12

drnrg wrote:I concider you to be one of the bigger TIME fans and myself probly being the biggest, but I agree on the Jast A Game remake. I could easily give that song a 10 just for Elena and the choard progession alone; wich grows on me by the minuite, but the same intro as Vanity's song? Oach :cry: I'm almost tempted to believe that there was some mix up in the final edit, oh well there is allways next TIME 8)
And yet you gave Big In Japan 2007 a full score, even though the entire song ripped off of Don't Stop The Music 2006?

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 05 Feb 2008, 15:19

drnrg wrote:I concider you to be one of the bigger TIME fans and myself probly being the biggest, but I agree on the Jast A Game remake. I could easily give that song a 10 just for Elena and the choard progession alone; wich grows on me by the minuite, but the same intro as Vanity's song? Oach :cry: I'm almost tempted to believe that there was some mix up in the final edit, oh well there is allways next TIME 8)
It's not as if the rehashing hasn't been done before. Remember the introductions to "Manuel - No Control" and "Nick Key - Black Is The Night"? Same thing; very obvious rehashing of introductions, except in that case nobody at all complained about it. I just don't understand why it's a huge deal all of a sudden with "Just A Game 2008" when there was another obvious rehash of two songs on the same disc. Rehashing has been omnipresent for years now, most likely to compensate for lack of creativity.

The introduction shouldn't detract from how you feel about the rest of the song. Of course, it's a core element of a track, but nowadays you'll find that the introduction and the rest of the song don't connect together anyway. Just check nearly all of A-Beat C's recent releases if you need examples of what I mean. Where I think it's a problem, though, is when the WHOLE song is rehashed. None of this detracts from my feelings towards a track in most cases, but it sort of leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

The Vanity introduction was a lovely composition blend, and a rehash was warmly welcome in my eyes. All I'm saying is that Dall'Ora shouldn't continue down this path. If you listen closely, you'll hear that about 1/4 of the tracks in the last decade nearly mimic the composition of other recent tracks (NOT counting remakes rehashing older remakes). So I'll note some examples:

- "Wild Night" by Mr. M and "Love For Money 2008" by Money Man;
- "Big in Japan 2007" by Mr. M and "Don't Stop the Music 2006" by Lou Grant;
- "Speed Man" by Dave Simon and "Heartbreaker 2007" by Toby Vale.
- As we've already talked about, the introductions to "Just A Game 2008" by Alexis and "Take a Look in My Heart" by Vanity.

Not a good idea in the long run. I really think Dall'Ora needs some assistance. TIME is a great label and they're fantastic when they pull off something unique, but how long can it last?

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 05 Feb 2008, 18:12

Of all labels that need help, Abeat needs it most. :( . At least TIME has the option of remaking tracks (as tiring as that may be :???: ) as well as still having some talent that Avex completely ignores (i.e Iron Man and Para Para Girl). However, Abeat is just drowning at this point. It is only getting worse as the serie goes :cry:
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 05 Feb 2008, 22:53

Jay wrote:- "Wild Night" by Mr. M and "Love For Money 2008" by Money Man;
WOT? Mr.M? I say Mike West.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Feb 2008, 03:23

#Infinity
And yet you gave Big In Japan 2007 a full score, even though the entire song ripped off of Don't Stop The Music 2006?
That TIME went a step further and rehashed the whole choard progression riff. I stand by my perfect score on that song for various reasons. The diifference for me was that since I wasn't too crazy about Don't Stop The Music 2006, I didn't really give it to much airplay, but at the same TIME I thought the rerahshed theme worked wonders for Big In Japan and fit the song better. In Just A Game 2007, I thought the intro kinda swayed away form the more relaxed riff and since I loved Take A Look In My Heart 2007 and heard it countless TIMEs, that intro really seemed overplayed to my ears. I still havn't recieved my SEB and since Alexis track is the only song I have been hearing, don't be surprised if I end up giving it a perfect grade by the TIME ,I rate the other songs. :grin:

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Feb 2008, 20:25

My copy should be ready for me to pick up after school by now, so I'll probably post a review tonight. Here's hoping that it's an awesome compilation!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Feb 2008, 01:35

Just got mine in the mail today. TIME for a live review. First TIME listening to it so here goes. i'll be poting this on myspace for all friends to see 8)

1. Mark Astley- Super Rider. Most of us allready had the prevlidge of listing to the preview on DELTA myspace. This track sounds so much unlike DELTA prods. Mark Astley songs in general break away form the normal DELTA structure. Iron Man had a HRG Attack vibe in the riff and now this one has a heavy Saifam vibe in the riff as well. The best thing about this song is the chorus. It sounding like oldskool NRG and brilliantly showcases Mark's vocals, which have a grungy tint to them. It's exactly his vocals that push the songs level up for me. I remeber how much I enjoyed Fabio Venturinni's(Mike Jay) vocals as well. This is easily the best song on the cd. My only gripe is the fade out ending. The song deserved an epic outro to say the least. Eitherway ,a great opening for an SEB cd.
10+++/10

2. Mike West- Wild Night. Wow! The cd continues with exceptional power with Gambogi's latest song. The thing that stands out is the different lyrics the song uses. I love the line"Teacher Of Love". The chord progression is TIME wise and Gambogi's vocals fit the more sexy and powerful themes of TIMEs songs. Mr. Dall Ora definately has a talent for producing catchy addictive songs and he knows exactly how to inject the perfect bridge that builds to the powerful chorus that once again ,Gamobi executes to perfection, much likethe way he sung "On My Radio". Another bonafide TIME hit.
10/10

3. Jeff Driller- Spin Spin Baby. The excitement continues with Jeff Driller from Hrg Attack. The intro was rather short, but the riff sounds very fast and powerful. His vocals sound a notch lower than most Mad Cow songs. The melody also mimics most other Jeff Driller songs , like Control, Alt & Blow and Stop & Go, but that is not a bad thing at all. In fact when the chorus comes along you find yourself singing along to the addictive Spin Spin Baby line. The problem is that the label has so many songs that follow this same formula, that in the end this particular track suffers a bit from being among better HRG Attack songs. Especially ones from Jeff Driller. Still a great sing along track.
8/10

4. King & Queen- Come On Up. I hope I'm not entering Kiki & Fancy world here? Strange intro and really didn't build up to the riff at all. Nuage sounds solid on the frontline for this group. You know I'm kinda enjoying this track. The verses and bridge are not too kiddie happy and the chorus is pretty catchy. Now that mini reak after the second riff is what I'm talking about. I'm quite enjoying AbeatC's formula of dropping the vocals for raw music in the third verse. The song overall is giving me a nice Boogie Boogie, Kanpai Kanpai Japan vibe and thanks for not throwing me into the Kiki & Fancy Disney world :P
8-/10

5. Nuage- Everybody Shake. ..and here is Nuage herself. I quite enjoy her more mellow track like My Blue Sky, so this one is a welcome surprise. Nice intro. Unlike other AbeatC intros, this one does build to the riff. She sounds great and the melody in the verses and the little "hey hey baby" right before the bridge showcase her Nergetic vocals beautifully. I'm really diiging those drums right at that split second where the music is dropped. Wow! I like that effect!...and of course the never absent outro. Great job from AbeatC!
9-/10

6. Pamsy- My Sweet Forever. A lot of you seem to love this song, so let's see what the hype is about. Hmm.. nice intro with a very unlike Pamsy riff. In fact this song has a harder vibe than most of her songs. Maybe they turned up the bass a notch or two? I quite like this Pamsy song for change. The chorus is sing a long worthy and yes ,the sax is a very nice addition to the songs composition. A Pamsy song that aI like. What's the world comming to.
7+/10

7. Alexis- Just A Game. Just as I predicted. With the overplay I have been giving this song and Elena on vocals are pushing it higher and higher with each listen. The Intro dilema is still present ,but doesn't "Rip the life " out of the song as much anymore. I am definately getting a strong nostalgia vibe everyTIME I hear it. The original was after all one of my first TIME vinyls ever. You have to really appreciate the Eurobeat soundworlds that Mr. Dall Ora injects and just like a magician he brings this classic into the frantic Eurobeat bpms of today. This edit is nowhere as exciting as the extended, which has a very special mini break. I'm a sucker for those.O.K. ,after much deliberation, here is my final grade. No going back anymore after this. Based on Elena's vocals, the Underwater soundworlds, the incrediable choard progression riff and the little knick knacks of the extended version I give the song a.....Not exactly perfect score, but damn close. 8)
9/10

8. Jay Lehr- Imagine. No doubt my favorite SCP artist of the moment. I'm still listening to I'm Alive almost daily and a new Jay Lehr is really exciting news for me. SCP must save up the best melodys for him for some reason. That musical structure in the verses is perfect for his songs. I love his vocals style. There is a European accent ever present ,but not sounding quite Italian. I wonder if he is French or something? I also love the way the keyboard is played continuously throughout the song giving it a heavenly sound and as allways, Jay Lehr sings to us lyrics that are full of positive vibes. Wonderful Wonderful song!
10/10

9. Nikita Jr.- Happy Snappy Valentine- OOHHWEEE! What an intro. I love the trumpet sounding riff that is sometimes lost in the chaoticnouse of HRG Attack songs. Those vocals are super hyped, and she follows a tuffer sounding melody, especially in the chorus, which to my ears sound a bit like "I'm Your Barracuda" and "Rock N Dolls" There is mini break right after the second chorus and then ..WOW, the music is completely dropped for a split second. Damn, it's effects like that that make this song stand out ahead of Jeff Driller's . I notice that HRG are showcasing thier percussion alot more nowadays in songs like this one and You Kiss My Lover. A good developement to my ears.
10/10

10.Annie- No Borders. Ah yes, the distinct sound of Annie's songs. Her songs have allways been all the more special for thier unique melodies and structure. This one is no exception. Wow that riff, just blew me out of my world! Is that even possible to play with two hands :P I'm not surprised that Mr. Dall Ora produces yet another mega bomba with Annie latest entry in her rather small discography. None the less it's quality and not quantity and this song continues my faith in her singing and cowriting abilities. I can't get enuff of that choard progression riff. That is perfect Eurobeat done TIME style.
10/10

11. Ester- Never Gonna Give Up. Wow 10 songs and this SEB doesn't let up the power. I had my reservations, because I wasn't too thrilled about Ester's first song, but wow, this track is starting out with some wicked synths. The melody Ester is follwing remeinds me alot of Micky B's songs on AbeatC. The chorus builds up to an uplifting chorus, much like I want my female vocalists to sing. I still see a lot of similarities with Go Go's Music and AbeatC, but in a good way. The way she sings Give Up Give Up through the riff is allso adding power to the songs feeling and of course that outro gave me a real good feeling chill!
9-/10

12. Ace Warrior- White Love- I love these Aleph sounding intros with those nostalgic guitars. Hey, that riff is not bad. Seems AbeatC has ditched some of those metallic keyboards for more Eurobeat sounding ones. This is really a great composition. You have to listen to all the soundwords the song has going on to appreciate its power. Ace Warrior sounds great and as a rule , I'm not too much for high male vocals, so this track showcases his more natural vocal abilities. the lyrics use the line White Love(wich sounds like he sings Wild Love) much like an 80's hairband would in the day. Which would mean power and pure Love. The third music wise verse is allways present and of course an outro, but that outro could have been more powerful by sustaining the last choard.
9-/10

13. Annalise- Valentino's Day. Here is allready the third Valentined theme song. Happy Snappy Valentine and Just A Game being the other two songs that mention Valentine in the lyrics . This is another song that has been getting alot of slack from some of you. The intro is decent, but doesn't prepare you at all for the srest of the song. Really out of place. Once again Dave uses the "Last Christmas"- George Michael vibe especially in the riff. She sounds solid enuff when singing and follows a nice melody line with cute Valentine themed lyrics. I really don't see what all the bashing is about? Maybe I'm just naturally In love with Eurobeat and find most songs apealing. This one is nice on a Dave & partner duel level.
7/10

14. Money Man- Love For Money. I have been enjoying this track in extended version for months now, ever since that Initail D came out. The one with 11 TIME songs in extended :D Ha Ha. I noticed that rehashed intro from Wild Night. I almost think Mr. Dall Ora does it on purpose just to throw us off. However, When TIME remakes a Gino Caria classic, they do it with special care to come up with nothing but a bona fide smash hit. This definately another highlight of the cd and I notice many newer fans concider thsi one ,one of 2007's best songs. What can I say? Perfect Gambogi energy delivered with a nice aggressional tone in his vocals that he had held captive for a few years back when he started singing at TIME. It's nice to hear those vocals finally set free. The rest is all catchy Lyrics and catchy vocals. What can you expect from a TIME classic?
10/10

15. Daniel- Full Metal Cars. DELTA showcases anotherone of my favorite new Eurobeat artists and Matteo really comes up with some incredible choard progression riffs for Marco to sing to. I'm a huge fan of vocals with strong accents and on this track Daniel sounds a lot like Gianni Corraini. Especially the way he sings that chorus. It's that chorus that pushes this song to masterpiece level. It doesn't sound 100% Italian wise, but maybe a hint of German or even Russion wise. Much like TIME used in songs like Gorky Park. It's just something that I wnted to point out, because it singles out this track among the rest. I really hope DELTA continues experimenting with this particular style on many songs to come.
10/10

16. Cherry- Yes I will. It's obvious Clara likes 3 word titles to sing to. So many have compared the melodyline to Pink's U+UR Hand. Out of all her songs that is the most rock oriented so I do like it. This song is giving a strong Saifam vibe especially in the riff. I remeber Lara - No Way Out. The riff is the same as the chorus in Lara's song. This song is oozing so much power and really reminds the listener of past DELTA hits from Suzy lazy and such. On a Eurobeat level the songs touches a bit on hardcore in it's percussion style, but it doesn't ruin the atmosphere its atmosphere. In fact it pushes the song forward into DELTA's better production. Clara sings that chorus perfectly all the way till the final outro.
9-/10

17. Mega NRG Man- Let It Go. So AbeatC takes on the song title of TIMES Dr. Money classic. The question is can they suceed? The intro did absolutley nothing for me and those keyboards are not what I desire Eurobeat to sound like at all. The first thing I notice is Thomas voacls. He does his best to capture that Pete Burns- like vocals he used in classics like Sex All Over The Phone and Dog Eat Dog, but somehow sounds too subdued. I blame the overall structure and melody he has to follow on this song for that. This song is just to weak to be a Mega NRG Man vehicle. The keyboards, the chorus sound so tame for his style. I think he really lost it this TIME around? :(
6-/10

18. The Snake- Speed Of Light. Am I the only one that thinks SCP is starting to run out of ideas for thier more aggressive style? This a new singer? Then why is he trying to mimic Enio? Anyway, this song tries to hard to achieve Fastway status instead of finding its own identity. Read: Jay Lehr. That is the main problem. I distinctly hear a rip of Frank Torpedo's -"Made For Loving You" guitar riff. So SCP are getting payback for the "Once Upon A Time" fiff that "The World Is You" used . Anyway, this is not a bad song, just a adrenelined filled guitar fest with nothing really original to offer. Not the best way to end an SEB of this magnitude.
8-/10

This cd really surprised me with it's exceptional level. There is only one song that I would concider lifeless and dull and it comes from one of my favorite singers. Mega NRG Man, so that really surprised me. Aside form that, the songs all have something specail to offer and I bring this cd to the level of 179 for it's exceptional material.

Best 5

1. Mark Astley- Iron Man
2. Daniel- Full Metal Cars
3. Annie- No Borders
4. Jay Lehr- Imagine
5. Mike West- Wild Night

Best Happy Songs
1. Nikita Jr. Happy Snappy Valentine
2. King & Queen- Come On Up

Best Fastway impersonation
1. The Snake- Speed Of Light

Best remakes
1. Money Man- Love For Money
2. Alexis- Just A Game

Best comeback
1. Nuage- Everybody Shake

Best title with double meaning
1. Ace Warrior- White Love

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 07 Feb 2008, 12:31

I got my copy while I was asleep today, so I didn't get to listen to it till this morning. The following are the songs I enjoyed:

Top Songs:
1. Pamsy - My Sweet Forever : 5/5
(JESUS CHRIST. This song is so awesome. I'm in love with it. The sax in the song is just an awesome, unexpected but welcome addition. <3)

2. Cherry - Yes I Will : 5/5
(Another powerful, catchy song from Cherry. Excellent music.)

3. Ester - Never Gonna Give Up : 4.5/5
(My Lucky Star was pretty epic and this song is no exception. The composition is amazing and Ester's vocals fit very well with the Eurobeat sound too. I bought this from mu-mo when it was released so I've listened to it quite a bit, still - an excellent song)

4. Alexis - Just A Game 2008 : 4.5/5
(I was a bit disappointed that Dhany didn't do the vocals for this track, but after listening to it for a while (bought it from mu-mo as well) it's grown on me. In relation to the original, this doesn't compare, but it's still a quality track. I have no gripes about them reusing the intro from Take A Look In My Heart; I didn't even notice until you guys mentioned it haha.)

5. Daniel - Full Metal Cars : 4/5
(Another excellent, catchy Daniel song. Delta did well this album.)

6. Mega Nrg Man - Let It Go : 4/5
(Mega NRG Man never disappoints. The quality is really good, I'm glad ABeatC is starting to have good tracks released.)

7. Nuage - Everybody Shake : 3.5/5
(Everybody Shake is a pretty decent song, I just really dislike the synth hook. If it wasn't for that, the song would be more enjoyable.)

Overall : 4.5/5
Earlier on in the thread I mentioned that albums beyond 1X4 start getting good, and this album is definitely no exception to that rule. Although, with all the great songs on this album, 185 has a lot to live up to. I'm looking forward to it!

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 07 Feb 2008, 16:16

Call me absolutely 100% crazy, but I SWEAR I hear Norma Sheffield in the verse and chorus of Never Gonna Give Up. Like, it's her pronunciation, but she's being told in sing in a poppier style than her Norma songs.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 08 Feb 2008, 03:32

Only reviewing Disc 2 for now; I didn't receive my album until this afternoon because the post office closed before we had a chance to obtain it. I'm not going to give the bonus disc a final score because I would rather review the songs themselves and not how appropriate they were as selections.

1. GUN BOY / THE FACTORY TEAM: (9)
You can't go wrong with Saifam - Avex's decision to drop them from Super Eurobeat is a mistake that they 'ought to regret. Gun Boy was a perfect example of all the right materials the label brought to the table. You've got Mauro's powerful, edgy vocals, you've got a thick beat that drives the song at full force, and you've got a melody that's bound to be caught in your head for hours. It's not the label's most unique production ever, but it's definitely not something fans should ever forget!

2. KONG / MARK FOSTER: (10)
And in contrast to the previous Asia track, Kong approaches an even more effective turf. Most of the labels songs tend to sound a bit similar after a while, but Kong easily avoids that, and we're left with a sturdy track that builds up rock-solid power before it's unleashed during the its excellent c-melody. The melodic structure is different yet effective, and with the undeniable energy and spirit of Mark Farina to compliment it, how can you possibly go wrong?

3. SPEEDWAY / NIKO: (10)
I never really heard this song beforehand, so being treated to something different is always a nice surprise. Honestly I wasn't expecting too much out of this track, but after hearing it, I was really pleased. Delta is easily one of the better labels, and Maurizio De Jorio was definitely one of its strongest male performers, so when the two forces join together with one of their catchiest, full-on performances during their career, you can't go wrong. The synth is complex and effective, the lyrics are driven and aggressive, and the melodies are catchy from start to finish. Go ahead and hate me all you guys want for giving a 10 to a Niko song, but seriously, I think this song is awesome and definitely Delta at its best.

4. BANDOLERO COMANCHERO / FRANZ TORNADO & THE "MAD COW" GIRLS: (10+++)
Hands down, alongside Caballero With Sombrero, this is arguably my favorite Franz Tornado release by far. Rimonti is known for nothing but classics under this title, but this song just blows the jackpot. It takes a typically great song from the label during the late 90's and advances it to a significantly higher level. You know you're in for something awesome as soon as that epic synth hook explodes into full force, and the rest of the track surely doesn't let that down. The sounds are pure, dynamic, and 100% effective; the lyrics hit all the right marks; and the vocals are riddled with more energy than what you can ask for. Even the verse manages to stand out amazingly - the use of guitars and backup vocals in contrast to the catchy tune already in-place helps it achieve just that. An absolutely groundbreaking Hi-NRG Attack performance that virtually defined everything that the label was excellent for back in the days.

5. STAY THE NIGHT / DUSTY: (10)
Classic SCP - quality is expected as usual. This track has a very prominent classic 90's Initial D-style eurobeat vibe to it, and when the vocalist happens to be none other than Ennio Zanini, it's also bound to be fullfilled with pure energy and awesome vocals. The melody is soulful and powerful, so with all of the right elements fitting together, you're left with one of the better releases of Dusty's career. Oh yeah, the added synth guitar area in the full mix is surely more than welcome.

6. DUM DUM PISTOL / JOE BANANA: (10)
Ah, the newest HRG track to ever make an appearance on a Eurobeat Flash compilation. It sure doesn't sound too new to this date, but that doesn't mean it's nonetheless one of the labels strongest male performances. Classic HRG material - the angsty lyrics and aggressive chord progression fit Roberto Festari's crazy style perfectly. Any Hi-NRG Attack production with an awesome meldoy is easily going to be remembered for years to come!

7. GANGURO / FRANZ "MAD COW" TORNADO & THE YAMANBA-GALS: (8½)
Okay, to be honest, while I love Franz Tornado's other classics a lot, I was never really able to get into Ganguro very much. The catchy synth hook marks the highlight of the song; aside from it though, the track doesn't really have too much to offer. The powerful backup of the previous Franz Tornado song is nowhere to be found, so ultimately I got kind of a dry feeling from the entire track. The lyrics and melodies are nifty, but they don't really stand out due to this. Catchy, but still one of the most overrated Hi-NRG Attack productions to date.

8. IKE IKE / TRI-STAR: (9½)
Classic Hi-NRG Attack material, one of their first songs that truly defined their newer production methods. I'd easily give this song a higher grade, except for the vocals not being so hot. The vocalist sounds like she's being forced to sing this track while running a 5K and struggles to control her pitch or tone throughout. Everything else is just plain perfect, from the classic hook, to the ingenious lyrics, to the well-crafted melodies; it's just too bad they put R. as the vocalist and not Melody. Overall a great song nonetheless, but Dancing At Twin-Star is by far the best Tri-Star track ever released.

9. EASY BUSY / KIKI & KIKA: (10++)
Cheesiness at its best! Anything from Kiki & Kika is bound to sound beyond cheery and catchy, but Easy Busy just peaks everything the duo has performed in the past. The melody here gives a very feel-good, happy-go-lucky mood; reminiscient of anything ideal to put you in a Sunny mood. Ennio's goofy blurts may seem a bit tedious to some, but for me, it just adds to the overall fun of the track. It's truly a pleasure to finally listen to this masterpiece in its full cut; if it weren't for the fadeout, it would've been granted back its last + from its final rating!

10. VELFARRE 2000 / BAZOOKA GIRL: (10)
I would've definitely gone crazy for the extended release of this track had it appeared sometime sooner, but now that I have it from iTunes, I can't really compliment DJ Gun as much as I wanted to. Either way, Veflarre 2000 is an obvious classic in the HRG catalogue due to its energetic pace, uplifting lyrics, and fantastic sabi melody. The song has stacked up well overtime, but somehow its impact here just isn't quite as great as it was on its debut with Euromach 3. The speed decrease may have cut down the energy a bit, and the additional sounds not being present further reduces its edge, but it's still very nice to finally have this track as a full cut.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Feb 2008, 05:56

I agree that second cd really showcased some of HRG's and Asias best songs. All except that Easy Buisy song. I could never listen to that without feeling I was trapped in a bad Disney nitemare, but at least it was better than the crap 183's second cd had to offer.

Hurry up and listen to first cd, so I can read your review :grin: