Super Eurobeat 186

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 27 Mar 2008, 20:19

Sample Ratings:

1) Let's Go Wild by Niko: HOLY S*** IT'S MAURIZIO! Vocals are still TOP-FREAKING-NOTCH! As for the instrumentation, something seems... iffy. The background singers need to be amplified. Riff sounds... like it has potential that it still didn't quite tap before it was shipped out the door.
2) Nightshade by Melody & Mezzo: I'm floored. This is exquisite. Everything good about the original is boosted to semi-Godliness. The riff is wicked. The vocals blend nicely with the great instrumentation. I'm already ready to buy the song; in fact, I'd buy the SAMPLE if it wasn't free!
3) Tokyo Strike Force by Garc-- er, I mean Nick Turbo: Hahahaha! This one's funny for some reason, but the riff synth isn't as great as it could be. Not enough "rip" to it. Good, but not great.
4) Adrenaline by Manuel: Slow, but the vision of literally "dripping" masculinity is evident. Synth line just made me pee a little out of excitement and desire to go jump the Grand Canyon with a motorcycle, away from a tribe of Biker Nazis.
5) Another Passion by Linda: Time vocalists tend to lack "star" quality if you ask me; that having been said, this one doesn't seem TOO bad. Not as good as the previous, but just not great.
6) Time to Say Goodbye by Brian Ice: Something seems gimmicky here, it doesn't do Mr. Ice justice. His vocals seem to be just a tad off, synth line isn't really that good... just doesn't work. Sorry Mr. Ice.
7) Round Round Round by Stella: SCP? Vocals ALMOST have a quality that most of us Americans enjoy, but...? Still trancey, "slower" SCP. Not my cup of tea, but that's not to say this song is awful. It's... middlin'.
8 ) Running Fire by Ace Warrior: Vocals sound like Ace is trying too hard. Clearly effort was put into this song, and the synth line is pretty nice for post-Oliva ABeatC. It's a touch better than middlin'.
9) <really> by Ciao Ciao: Songs like this keep it from selling to Rap-drenched Americans. XD Anyway, is it just me or is HRG slowing down their synth lines (and thus their quality)? Mediocre, unfortunately.
10 ) In the Fire of Victory by Ace: Quality Ace material. This is the good stuff for me. :3 Great Ace vocals with great Ace synths. One of the highlight tracks.
11) <remake> by <who>: The instant this song started I was bored. Like, two seconds into it max. Not a single part of this song, I liked. Well-made, but otherwise very boring.
12) People Like Dancing by Mega NRG Man: His work with GGM is usually better than this. This sounds like a bad marketing pitch, not Mega NRG Man fare. Sorry Tomas, but this just wasn't your best work.
13) Hey Hey by Nuage: Um, did Nuage go to GGM or something? 'cos this song is really kickin'. Synth line is REALLY, REALLY good. This is ABeatC's best showing on the album so far.
14) Paradise by Bea: Who the hell...? *ahem* Um, oddly generic for Delta. Granted, not as annoying as Baby Fly, but... this doesn't sound like the gold Delta's been pumping out lately.
15) Big Bad and Hot Love by Ch-- err, Leslie: Three Delta LIEK ZOMG WTF? Oddly, something about this track was refreshing. Until the synth line. Then it was AWESOME. Great track by Delta, easily makes up for Paradise and then some.
16) Rock 'n Roll by Mark Farina: Heeheehee, Mr. Farina makes me smile. :3 Fun, energetic vocals and synth line make SAIFAM's return to SEB a welcome and warm one.
17) Rebel Yell by Cherry: Whoa, is it just me or do I not want to see Cherry angry after hearing this song? This song would have been just as welcome in any male's repertoire, and I mean that in the best way; pumping, fierce, strong synth lines and vocals... wow. This one grabs 'ya. (Reminds me... when's the next Dark Angels track gonn'a come, eh?)
18 ) I Love My Dog by Vivi: Heeheehee. Very Japan-friendly for some reason. SCP Ballad, very cutesy. Not a GREAT ender, but it's sort of like a ride into the sunset instead of ending with a BANG... not BAD, but not GREAT. More... Good"Plus".

Looking forward to this one. :3
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Mar 2008, 20:21

Anyone, notice that Linda's "Another Love" sounds like Maggie May's "Another Day" or is that too old skool for some of you Eurobeat newbies :P Anyway, Wonderful melody.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 27 Mar 2008, 20:22

BTW, Bea is a A-BEAT C vocalist. Song was written in part by Aslan (Stormy Seven)

omega666
Eurocurious

Post by omega666 » 27 Mar 2008, 20:24

zoupzuop2 wrote:14) Paradise by Bea: Who the hell...? *ahem* Um, oddly generic for Delta.
That's because it's from ABeatC: The Generic Masters

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 27 Mar 2008, 21:27

I LOVE MY DOOOOOOOOG~ :D

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 27 Mar 2008, 21:42

Is it only me that thinks Clara's more aggressive vocals are the shit, yo! I've loved everything she's done since Chemical Love with her more fierce voice than what I use to hear from SEB 60s-160s!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Mar 2008, 21:54

zoupzuop2
11) <remake> by <who>: The instant this song started I was bored. Like, two seconds into it max. Not a single part of this song, I liked. Well-made, but otherwise very boring
Gypsy & Queen did the original. You really need a refresher course in classic TIME 101 :D
9) <really> by Ciao Ciao: Songs like this keep it from selling to Rap-drenched Americans. XD Anyway, is it just me or is HRG slowing down their synth lines (and thus their quality)? Mediocre, unfortunately
Thank God those Rap-drenched Ameriacns don't come near Eurobeat. They wouldn'¿t know what to do with it. Probly change the lyrics to Shawty or Bling Bling or some other mindless bull s**t. Ciao Ciao's songs are usually slowed down a notch or two. :) BTW what did you mean by the title, <really>? was it a put down :???:

18)Vivi- I love My Dog. Just when you think Eurobeat's hard powerful trax like "Night Fighter, Full Metal Cars and Red Light & Sex will save the day, SCP decides to throw a wrench in the mix.It's tracks like this Vivi song that kick Eurobeat back into the "Wuss","Patsy", and "Silly"zone. Three words I've heard first TIME listeners describe for Eurobeat :( Though I'm sure Mudkip Man is in Bliss Heaven :grin:

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 27 Mar 2008, 22:27

This may be the most schizophrenic SEB I can think of....ever. There are a couple songs on here that are REALLY good, IMO, from the samples, and then there are ALSO quite a few that I'd almost classify as 154-level bad.

I have to say the songs I'm most looking forward to are Ace's and Ace Warrior's.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 27 Mar 2008, 23:56

drnrg wrote:blahblahblah :(
Though I'm sure Mudkip Man is in Bliss Heaven :grin:
CAN YOU SEE ME FLOATING THERE?! : D! ~~~~~(´ _____`)~~~~

*waves down*

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Mar 2008, 00:49

Eh...

1. Let's Go Wild! / Niko: Soundworld is too light and cheesy, similar to Farenheight Euronight, but the song itself is a lot more effective. Decent opener, but I was hoping a bit more.

2. Nightshade / Melody & Mezzo: Nice eurobeat transition of a great song, sounds a lot like Bach Is Back, which I loved. Synth is rather sparse though.

3. Tokyo Strike Force / Nick Turbo: YES! Another fierce, powerful Festari performance to get the adrenaline running. Might be even better than Crazy Race On The Street for what it's worth. Easily one of the standouts.

4. Adrenaline / Manuel: Gas Gas Gas is hard to compete with, but this song still does the job quite nicely. GGM has not really impressed me so far this decade, but this is already a comeback - great production and vigorous vocalwork make this a definite hit for me.

5. Another Passion / Linda: Generic Ferretti track with nothing original or exciting. Not really something I'm looking forward to at all.

6. Time To Say Goodbye / Brian Ice: A bit of a drop when compared to SYVTSAS. It's an okay song overall, but by far not his best.

7. Round Round Round / Stella: A new female SCP title, under a similar trancy style to Pamsy. Either way, her debut performance doesn't really grab me; the melodic progression just doesn't stand out, and the synth is quite empty once again. This label is seriously past their prime if they continue to release regular material such as this.

8. Running Fire / Ace Warrior: This one actually has potential, but I'm a little unsure about that shaky vocal performance. Synth hook is catchy though.

9. Bang Bang Crashing Of The Boom Boom / Ciao Ciao: Steady, good female HRG. Not an enormous hit, but far catchier than Kiss Me Now, which didn't stand out at all for me.

10. In The Fire Of Victory / Ace: Been a while since the last non-Go 2 Ace release, so this is nice to see. This track is far from his best, but it does still keep the SCP flag raised high.

11. Love And Passion 2008 / Vanessa: Pretty nice remake actually, but I don't deem these covers to be really necessary unless they're to older songs. Only hope is that it's not a rehash performance.

12. People Like Dancing / Mega NRG Man: Meh, A-Beat C is seriously running out of ideas for this guy. The song itself is decent actually, but the production is still very watery and uninspired.

13. Hey Hey / Nuage: Wow, they've really sped up Nuage lately. This is definitely the hit of the CD for A-Beat C this round - the chorus is really cute and addicting, and the synth is very nice.

14. Paradise / Bea: This really disappointed me. I was hoping Avex would cut down on A-Beat C because of the new labels, but it appears that they're still stuck with 5 tracks per album. This song comes from yet another new title that will be forgotten very fast. The mushy synths and generic melodies do no justice to this filler track that I'm definitely not gonna be playing very often.

15. Big Bad And Hot Love / Leslie Parrish: Corny song title. Synth is great, but otherwise it's an average Clara job, generally good stuff, but not the best Delta can churn out.

16. Rock N Roll / Mark Farina: Now THIS is more like it! Mauro Farina's style is just too irresistably awesome to ignore. A very upbeat and energetic Saifam performance that will easily get you movin'. Probably the best track off the CD.

17. Rebel Yell / Cherry: Yeesh, this one's quite fast! Another 170 bpm production perhaps? This track feels more like Saifam speed than Delta eurobeat because Roby Adruini is the producer in addition to the mega-fast pace. It's not really very focused upon the melody, but the intense aggression does make it stand out in a great way. Overall a very pleasant surprise!

18. I Love My Dog / Vivi: Cute song overall. I'm not fully blown-over yet, but I'm very excited to hear the rest of it.

Top 3 Based on Samples:

1. Rock N Roll / Mark Farina
2. Tokyo Strike Force / Nick Turbo
3. Adrenaline / Manuel

Bottom 3:

1. Paradise / Bea
2. Another Passion / Linda
3. People Like Dancing / Mega NRG Man

Overall, this CD sounds average. There are some definite highlights, but I'm still not really convinced by everything yet. I'm hoping that the compilation sounds quite a bit better once it arrives because I'm still very curious over some of the numbers. An improvement over 185 perhaps, but nowhere near 182, which I still consider to be the best of the 180's so far.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 28 Mar 2008, 02:40

drnrg wrote: Thank God those Rap-drenched Ameriacns don't come near Eurobeat. They wouldn'¿t know what to do with it. Probly change the lyrics to Shawty or Bling Bling or some other mindless bull s**t. Ciao Ciao's songs are usually slowed down a notch or two. :) BTW what did you mean by the title, <really>? was it a put down :???:
No, it was supposed to read "really long title". It got truncated somehow. And, um,

1) Who ever said that ALL Americans would want to do with Eurobeat is make it like Rap? A lot of Americans listen to rock or other genres; Rap is just our best-SELLING.
2) I'm an American, with his fair share of influences from here in the States, go listen to my new song Bravado. Then let me know if ALL Americans shouldn't be let near Eurobeat. It can still have "American flavor" without going Rap.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Mar 2008, 03:56

I'm American, and I completely pity the music that's released in the United States. Both the rap and the rock. Japan really seems to be the only country with truly good taste in music imo.

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 28 Mar 2008, 04:10

#Infinity wrote:I'm American, and I completely pity the music that's released in the United States. Both the rap and the rock. Japan really seems to be the only country with truly good taste in music imo.
You didn't just say that. Seriously.

Japan? They've got just as much crap as any other country. Every country with a major music industry produces its share of decent music and its share of crap.

I realize that a lot of SEB fans may also be partial to the bubbly, squeaky premanufactured j-pop, and may be partial to the j-rock bands who spend more money on their hair and make-up than they do on their production and instruments, but not everyone finds that "truly good".

As a disclaimer, I'm NOT a fan of most of what's on American radio (except every now and then I find something decent on one specific station in my area), but I'm also not very much into the majority of what Japan puts out either.

And I know it's hard to say one doesn't like Japanese music on the internet without being labelled racist or xenophobic, but I think some of the "Japan and the Japanese are better at everything!" line of thought needs to see a counterpoint.

I'm not saying EVERYTHING out of Japan sucks (there are the Boom Boom Satellites, after all...), but I just don't see how anyone can say that nothing good comes from the US, either.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Mar 2008, 04:41

Uh, that doesn't mean they're the same overall. I just think Japan in general tends to produce better music than America - I'd far rather listen to J-pop than American pop, and I'd far rather listen to dance music generally popular in Japan than that from America. It's really just based on the type of trends that are popular in both places, and I personally side with Japan's far more than America's.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 28 Mar 2008, 05:55

KitsuneStar, don't be bothered. It's a phenomenon I like to call 'weabooism'. :') No offence to anyone.

Also, #3 best selling album in 2007 in Japan was... padadam~ Avril Lavinge's The Best Damn Thing. Japanese popmusic is different from other popmusic, you say? :')!