Depressing Eurobeat

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Depressing Eurobeat

Post by wolftickets1969 » 14 Jul 2008, 01:55

:( What Eurobeat songs bring tears to your eyes, even if not meant to? Some of the most depressing songs I've heard:
Harry Ken - Street Boy; makes me think he died, did he?
Leslie Parrish - Remember Me
Valentina - Harmony
Sara - If You Stay With Me
Baby Gold - I'll Be live(believe), this was apparently Monica's swan song, at least with HRG. Did she and Andrea Girbaudo/Rick Castle divorce?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 14 Jul 2008, 04:23

Well, eurobeat doesn't really depress me that much, but the darker tone of some songs or even their status in history can bring cold feelings to me. A few examples for me include:

- It's My Life / Dusty; Ennio Zanini records a beautiful, more ballad-like song, yet this is sadly his only regular track under this alias not to make a second appearance beyond its debut (The Lovebite hasn't shown up anywhere yet either, but there's always SEB 190 and The Best Of Super Eurobeat 2008).
- Young & Wild / Fastway; And this is the only Fastway song, aside from the nonstop-only Standby & Please Rewind, that gained no further attention, even though it was such a great song.
- Certain songs by Davide "Dima" Di Marcantonio, often ones under aliases such as Dee Dee and David, have a rather dark, rich tone to them that may cause a bit of sorrow. Examples: Ready To Love / David, Stormbringer / Dream Fighter (not Tsundere Night, which gives a more positive kind of vibe), and Love Me Do / Dee Dee.
- The Mirror Of My Life / Lilly; this sounds quite "heartbroken", especially with the piano backup and Melody's soft vocals. She has other earlier songs with Hi-NRG Attack that have the same effect (i.e., Rain Man / Mara Nell, Summertime / Jee Bee), but this one does it most.
ImageImage

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 14 Jul 2008, 15:13

I'm sure there are quite a few, but I can't think of any at this time. All I wanted to contribute to this topic is;

EMOBEAT! D:

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 14 Jul 2008, 18:10

Dark Angels - Right Now?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 14 Jul 2008, 22:23

Mikaeru wrote:Dark Angels - Right Now?
That one depressed you? That one scared me! (In that awesome metal-surprise way. =P )
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 14 Jul 2008, 23:22

Spirit Of The Night is pretty depressing once you actually pay attention to the lyrics :(

Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Will154 » 14 Jul 2008, 23:28

pokecapn wrote:Spirit Of The Night is pretty depressing once you actually pay attention to the lyrics :(
Oh my....I never actually looked at the lyrics O____O

It is kind of sad.... :(

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Jul 2008, 11:01

Mr. Sergio Dall Ora has mastered the art of creating a moving melody for his songs with romantic laced lyrics Songs by Rose,Vanessa, Helena, Sophie, and Alexis can vouche for this.

A few other that come to mind:

Lou Grant can only remember what he had in "Allways On My Mind"

Brian Ice realizes it's TIME to part ways in "TIME To say Goodbye"

Nando recalls his little babe who passed away in "Back In Black"

Denise is feeling sad and asking for another chance after cheating on her lover in "Guilty"

Ric Fellini's -All My Loving, aside form those sad tones synths leaves a lady who only used him for his money.

Starlett- Without Your Love is all about the aftermath of a breakup.

and of course,Most of Norma Sheffield's songs have a beautiful sad haunting melody to them as well.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 16 Jul 2008, 07:39

Kasanova - Hug Me Image

You can interpret the lyrics as from a start of a relationship, but also the upcoming end of one. ;(

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 21 Jul 2008, 23:10

Christine - Me Myself and I. Sounds more like a TransyPamsy song, several of which, including the similar sounding I Feel Emotions, are also depressing.
Nando - Back In Black, did someone say it was a true story about a real girlfriend dying?
Daniel - My Heart Radio, at least the lyrics. Supposedly this is about the same loved one who died in Frontal Impact, and his/her spirit lives on in Spirit of the Night. He/she was apparently shot, in a drive by shooting?
Last edited by wolftickets1969 on 21 Jul 2008, 23:16, edited 2 times in total.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 21 Jul 2008, 23:12

wolftickets1969 wrote:Christine - Me Myself and I. Sounds more like a TransyPamsy song, several of which, including the similar sounding I Feel Emotions, are also depressing.
I find both of those airy, dreamy and uplifting... not depressing.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Jul 2008, 00:34

wolftickets1969
Nando - Back In Black, did someone say it was a true story about a real girlfriend dying?
Daniel - My Heart Radio, at least the lyrics. Supposedly this is about the same loved one who died in Frontal Impact, and his/her spirit lives on in Spirit of the Night.
HaHa! Just cut and paste what I said in the Eurobeat Lyrics: Why are people so critical thread. better yet, just quote me. I won't get mad :P

Cosmic-Bard
I find both of those airy, dreamy and uplifting... not depressing.
Exactly! I can say the same thing about Elena Ferretti's Romantic Eurobeat. Definately never depressing 8)

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 22 Jul 2008, 12:13

Definately: Stephy Martini - Emotions :cry:

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 22 Jul 2008, 16:56

DarkSky wrote:Definately: Stephy Martini - Emotions :cry:
Again, I'd say slow, but not ultimately depressing.

'Do you feel-do you feel? Oh! My sweet emotiooooons!'
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 22 Jul 2008, 21:15

How can eurobeat be depressing, it's all uplifting! :D

Anyhow, off the top of my head:

Kevin Johnson / Don't Say Goodbye
Delta Queens / Tonight

*shrugs*