SPECULATION: SEB's ending at 200? Or not?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 05 Aug 2008, 20:42

drnrg wrote:If AVEX pulls the plug on SEB or Eurobeat as a whole, then they will only be contributing to this atrocity and admitting that thier musical tastes are inferior to American Hip Hop. Even if Eurobeat is doomed, the least they can do is stop the American Hip Hop virus from contaminating thier youth and turning thier nation into another one full of sluts and gangsters. That is what Hip Hop glorifies :evil:
I didn't want to contribute so much to this topic, but: Would you rather have Avex pull the plug on SEB (as this topic suggests) at 200, or continue questionably? (No one can say if it would be good/bad... obviously, since no one knows the future.) If Avex did, they would still release other eurobeat CDs, I'm sure. SEB has been around for 18 years! It has had a fulfilling run... In discontinuing the series they aren't suggesting American music is better than that created for the Japanese audience, but that eurobeat is not selling so much. Yeah, it sells, duh. But as it has been said before, eurobeat is a niche genre... THE FANS ARE LOYAL, but one must be realistic and not extreme either way when looking at other Avex products and how much is made from them when compared to our beloved music.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 05 Aug 2008, 21:01

Regardless of genre, lyrics are subjective and very rarely literal.

Oh and also, since it seems there's some confusion on the topic, if Avex' interests in eurobeat wane it will not doom the genre. It is completely impossible from a logical standpoint. You can't crush an idea like that just because it all of a sudden isn't financially viable for a single (albeit large) company. They no longer have (or have ever truly had) a monopoly on Eurobeat, as is suggested time and time again.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Aug 2008, 05:46

I hate to admit it ,but both Eurobeat and Hip Hop are offenders of Engrish.

The difference is that the Italians do it innocently for lack of language skills or rhme effect, while Hip Hop does it on purpose. So who are the real A-Holes?

Shizzle, Dizzle. izzy, shawty. Sounds like an army os stupid illiterate clones to me :D

Give songs about Heroes, Racing, Passion, Fire and Desire till the day I die 8)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 06 Aug 2008, 10:17

No, your average rock music is in normal English...

ROOOOAAAAAAAAAR GAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAH.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 06 Aug 2008, 16:37

Ah! Just like Europe's Metal
*GRUNGY GROOOOOWWWWLLLLLL*
or the equally tacky Folk Metal
*GRUNGY GROWL about VIKINGS!*
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 06 Aug 2008, 20:44

MKwiakaku wrote:No, your average rock music is in normal English...

ROOOOAAAAAAAAAR GAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAH.
Or "WAAAAAAAAAH WHIIIIIIIIINE BIIIIIIIIIITCH CUTMYSELFFORATTENTIONWAAAAAAAAAAH". :\

And, 'ay! Don'chu be gettin' all up in rap's greelz, fershizzle! Dun' be disrespettin' now! ;3
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 07 Aug 2008, 05:40

i doubt SEB will die at 200, there are so many new and old songs un released, and on many cds nthat arnt SEB there are several songs that could be released... for example D1 GRAND PRIX - F.C.F. yes its a typical farina song but still excelent...but they could also remix a few comercial songs like a kylie minogue hit, or even more metalica, or bon jovi.... well thats more aimed at the labels.... but there are several cd series that could still take on eurobeat and some do, if it does end eurobeat will never die as long as there are fans like us eurobeat will live forever...,and will continue to live in my heart... and the hearts of many.... tears flowing...:(

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Aug 2008, 20:34

Gorgia_v
i doubt SEB will die at 200, there are so many new and old songs un released, and on many cds nthat arnt SEB there are several songs that could be released... for example D1 GRAND PRIX - F.C.F. yes its a typical farina song but still excelent...but they could also remix a few comercial songs like a kylie minogue hit, or even more metalica, or bon jovi.... well thats more aimed at the labels.... but there are several cd series that could still take on eurobeat and some do, if it does end eurobeat will never die as long as there are fans like us eurobeat will live forever...,and will continue to live in my heart... and the hearts of many.... tears flowing...

See what this topic is causing some members depression.

I can't believe people here would perfer hip hop to Rock. Rock has a way stronger influence in Eurobeat than Hip Hop ever will .

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 07 Aug 2008, 21:15

drnrg wrote:See what this topic is causing some members depression.

I can't believe people here would perfer hip hop to Rock. Rock has a way stronger influence in Eurobeat than Hip Hop ever will .
Except that Hip Hop and Eurobeat are EDM and derived from House and rock isn't. XD

But I got your point. :P

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Aug 2008, 01:08

Cosmic_Bard
Except that Hip Hop and Eurobeat are EDM and derived from House and rock isn't. XD

But I got your point.
Actually Eurobeat derived from Italo, which goes as far back as 1982 in some cases. House showed up in the late 80's. Hip hop is a subgenre of Rap which also goes as far back as 1981 with Granmaster Flash's White Lines.

But I got your point too. 8)

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 08 Aug 2008, 01:29

drnrg wrote:Cosmic_Bard

But I got your point.
Actually Eurobeat derived from Italo, which goes as far back as 1982 in some cases. House showed up in the late 80's. Hip hop is a subgenre of Rap which also goes as far back as 1981 with Granmaster Flash's White Lines.

But I got your point too. 8)
Well, everyone knows Eurobeat is mostly from Italo.

However, Italo is also House. In the same way that the earliest Disco, Synthpop, Eurodance and even Hyper Techno are subgenres under the 'House music' umbrella. It's not the concrete rule, but basically, a 4/4 kickdrum/hihat bassline gets you into this club. :P

...and despite anyone's claims to the contrary, Hip Hop and Rap are two words describing the same era and style of breaks.

Breakbeats started with Electro which was arguably House (or at the time Disco or Funk) inspired. Rap would come about five years after Electro's big debut in the late 70s and today, Rap still borrows samples from the old Electro stuff.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Aug 2008, 08:30

Cosmic_Bard

However, Italo is also House. In the same way that the earliest Disco, Synthpop, Eurodance and even Hyper Techno are subgenres under the 'House music' umbrella. It's not the concrete rule, but basically, a 4/4 kickdrum/hihat bassline gets you into this club.

I agree with you on some songs. Listen to Tommy K- Desperado, Pleasure & Pain- Higher and Stop & Go- Your Love and you will hear strong emphasis on the housy piano melodies.

I'm very surprised you left out New Wave in that list. probly the strongest influence on Italo. I'm talking about that real slow italo like M Like Moon, The Fasion, P. Lion ect..

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 15 Aug 2008, 10:10

i just read this whole thread...cause i thought i had replied....but i cant find it...

so heres my opinions on what i have read.....

yes the eurobeat Engrish is kinda bad but it also fits well into each song...except a few, and no mater how many times someone brings up "HOT LIMIT" it will never be eurobeat, its a toshiba EMI hack of a great japanese song...and being added to the dancemania label makes it eurodance but a euro remix....kinda i like the smile DK songs when they are fast and euroish).....anywho moving on....
if avex is deciding to end the SEB series we cant do anything about it but BUY and support the the music....i will not be downloading of mumo or anything like that untill 200 hits and see what happens...) who knoes they might make SEB an online downld thing....*shrugs*

but its great to see everyone preying and hoping for the serios to contnue, this is what the series needs, but maybe now that we have sooo many labels maybe SEB can go back to 18 tracks...or even 16...13 is not enough

i wonder how i wil be able to get my eurobeat fix if they end the series??

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 15 Aug 2008, 10:12

hey i foung my post...lol like 5 posts away i am blind...

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 15 Aug 2008, 16:43

drnrg wrote:Cosmic_Bard

However, Italo is also House. In the same way that the earliest Disco, Synthpop, Eurodance and even Hyper Techno are subgenres under the 'House music' umbrella. It's not the concrete rule, but basically, a 4/4 kickdrum/hihat bassline gets you into this club.

I agree with you on some songs. Listen to Tommy K- Desperado, Pleasure & Pain- Higher and Stop & Go- Your Love and you will hear strong emphasis on the housy piano melodies.

I'm very surprised you left out New Wave in that list. probly the strongest influence on Italo. I'm talking about that real slow italo like M Like Moon, The Fasion, P. Lion ect..
Funny you should mention that Doc, because I was going to, but I took it out because I thought the list sounded bloated!

I thought the 'new wave' point would be covered in the 'synthpop' point... I know they're both different genres, but they're in the very same era, they have a similar sound due to equipment of the times and they arguably enjoyed the same spotlight and audience.

The only difference is that we haven't seen a 'Nu-New Wave' genre yet, but Synthpop has been taken trough the ringer with... well... whatever you want to call the new stuff people like Freezepop and Ladytron are selling these days.
(A brief list of genre names from Ishkur's guide goes: 'Electroclash, Nu Synthpop, Glitz, Euroclash, Synthcore, Electropop, Robottrash, Synthpunk, Futurepop...') XDDD