Boom Boom Boom ShakalakaBOOM!

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Bore
Founder

Boom Boom Boom ShakalakaBOOM!

Post by Bore » 07 Oct 2008, 19:23

So, here we are once again. A new decade has began, Super Eurobeat is closing in on 200. Are we afraid that the series will end? Do we have faith in eurobeat? How does eurobeat taste in 2009? So many questions, one of the questions would also be. How was 191, the answer.... can be found from <a href="http://eurobeat-prime.com/reviews/seb191.php">Super Eurobeat 191 review</a>.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 07 Oct 2008, 20:36

Wow, I was expecting a much higher rating for both GGM songs, hands down. Either way, this review is pretty spot on with a few surprises; the only things I'd really change would be to switch the ratings for the HRG songs as well as giving a higher grade to Purple Emotion.

I'll look closer at your 180's evaluation a bit later; thanks for the review! :wink:
ImageImage

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 07 Oct 2008, 23:59

A review I mostly agree with. :3 ABeatC really has come back strongly, I can't wait to see how they fare in 192!
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 08 Oct 2008, 02:12

I gotta admit, now that this review has sunk in for me, the low rating you gave to Manga Super Robot is pretty sad imo. I've owned the song for nearly a year now and I've loved it ever since I bought it, and now you pinning it as generic crap completely catches me by surprise. With such a kick-ass synth hook, a catchy a-melody, and a progressive b-melody, I was expecting you to give it at least a fairly high rating, as I can't stress enough how much I disagree with the general comments you made for the track since to me it clearly warrants a higher grade than 6½. :(
ImageImage

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 08 Oct 2008, 03:50

#Infinity wrote:I gotta admit, now that this review has sunk in for me, the low rating you gave to Manga Super Robot is pretty sad imo. I've owned the song for nearly a year now and I've loved it ever since I bought it, and now you pinning it as generic crap completely catches me by surprise. With such a kick-ass synth hook, a catchy a-melody, and a progressive b-melody, I was expecting you to give it at least a fairly high rating, as I can't stress enough how much I disagree with the general comments you made for the track since to me it clearly warrants a higher grade than 6½. :(
Different people different taste I guess. I didn't enjoy Manga Super Robot and as much as I tried being fair, each round of MSR just keeps getting more and more annoying and bad, but thats just me. :grin:

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 09 Oct 2008, 02:54

I'm surprised you didn't 10+++++++ hurry up hurry up, Panu. XD Boom Boom Boom shakalaka boom should have been all that was needed. XD

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Oct 2008, 04:01

I'm with Infinty on Magna Super Robot. That was one of the lowest scores I've seen on a review in quite a while. I know I'm biased to the old skool Eurobeat vocals, but aside form that Magna Super Robot is damn catchy. :(

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Oct 2008, 11:07

^ Manga Super Robot
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 Oct 2008, 02:26

:D :D :D

Holy crap all this TIME I thought it was called Magna Super Robot. Makes more sense than Manga. Just what does that mean anyway?

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 10 Oct 2008, 03:55

drnrg wrote::D :D :D

Holy crap all this TIME I thought it was called Magna Super Robot. Makes more sense than Manga. Just what does that mean anyway?
A type of Japanese comic. You're probably more familiar with it just being called anime.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 10 Oct 2008, 05:55

Yeah, if you thought Tsundere Night was Dima's way of throwing a bone to otaku, that song ain't got NOTHIN' on Manga Super Robot.

A quick review as to WHY:

*MANGA Super Robot (Japanese comic books)
*Super Robot itself (a VERY common theme of anime/manga; it has its own subgenre, "mecha")
*In the chorus, "Meganekko"— the traditional "Clumsy Glasses Girl"

The rest are fuzzy because I actually HAVEN'T listened to it in a while; I just put down what I recall. If anyone else finds more, props to 'em.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 10 Oct 2008, 13:53

I am very very determined about Manga Super Robot. There are rarely HRG songs that I can't listen to, but I have to skip the track everytime I listen to 191. The track over all just doesn't have the necessary hooks or anything really distinctively different to make it worth it.

Considering the fact that I was really able to listen to the song only for a handful of times before it got overly repetitive, the grade could have been lower as well. :P

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 12 Oct 2008, 05:31

Agreed with Bore.

I cannot see where the hype is coming with Manga Super Robot, really a track that I would skip when listening to 191. Especially in the company of good songs, Manga super robot just falls right down into abyss.

Well, Diff people diff taste. Thats just my opinion on MSR. :)

For the record, Tsundere Night is A WHOLE lot better than Manga Super Robot, but again, its my own opinion. 8)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 13 Oct 2008, 02:34

zoupzuop2 wrote:*In the chorus, "Meganekko"— the traditional "Clumsy Glasses Girl"
He's only saying "mechanical robot".

"...I fly to the moon and defeat the dark, they wanna believe in my heart," i think is a much better example :D

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 13 Oct 2008, 03:08

Tiger wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote:*In the chorus, "Meganekko"— the traditional "Clumsy Glasses Girl"
He's only saying "mechanical robot".

"...I fly to the moon and defeat the dark, they wanna believe in my heart," i think is a much better example :D
Huh. I take it those are the official lyrics?

...perhaps now I have a submission for "misheard lyrics"?(Maybe I should include "Kiss Me Divine"'s 'I like your p***s line too. =P)
Join me on an Odyssey.