Super Eurobeat 191

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 08 Oct 2008, 03:36

Wow, your ratings are incredibly similar to the ones Bore gave out - even your select top / bottom tracks are the same!

Thanks a lot for the review too - keep 'em coming, people! :wink:
ImageImage

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 08 Oct 2008, 03:53

So Bore, Me and Powerful share the same taste ? :grin:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Oct 2008, 07:21

Tiger
Ride on my speedy car
Don't go honey, keep on wishing
Hey don't you see my baby
Turn she's come in
Ride like a speedy car
I'm not a toy to tie, wish you?
I get the fever into
Turn she's come in
WTF? I usually love bad Enrish, but I can't even comprehend that one , not alone sing along. I hate the way he sings "Turn She's come in"

Anyway, I got 7 tracks of Mumo so here goes. I'll add As a get em.

1. Lollita- Hury Up Hury Up(ABeatC)
This song is starting on a powerful note. I'm a big surprised as I distinctly hear a HRG Attack vibe in the verses. Sadly enough the song soon veers into another direction with it's bridge and especially it's chorus. It's basic Lollita fare that doesn't really excite me. Still those verses are sweet. Really wish she had kept the songs overall melody on that track. Is it me or does the Hurry Up....part sound like it's from another song. This gives the impression that it could be a bad cut and paste job. I wouldn't be surprised if we soon get a song containing the verses that actually belong to this chorus with the chorus that goes to those electrifying verses. O.K. the synth could have also been more hard edge. On a final note...I love the outro.
7-/10(for verses only)

2. Babby One- Manga Super Robot(HRG Attack)
I've had this one for a while and it has appeared numorous TIMEs in my weakly countdown. I completely disagree with the lot here and think it's one of the cd's highlights. Comon; we get Claudio Magnani on vocals with a semi old skool style Energetic Live Music studio entry. It's an older song, but as far as speed, soundworlds and melody, I predfer the old to the new.What we get here is a tru rediscovered gem reminging us of the masterpiece that was Superknife. The formula used here sounds like somthiong Live Music would have created while still at TIME, even the couplets in the verses were the female vocals repeat Claudio's lines just just seems like good old skool HRG Attack. As always and of dire importance to me is a proper break, which this song definately has. All in all a perfect example of HRG Attack during the Euromach era. The icing on the cake for me is without a doubt the added woah ohs during the chorus.
9+/10

3. Leo River- Runaway(GoGo's)
It's funny how just the other day I was saying that I hadn't enjoyed a GoGo's entry as much as Red Light & Sex when reffering to Adrenaline. Well, here I go again, exvept this round belongs to Leo River. Matbe it's the fact that Run Away is a superb Eurobeat title for a song to begin with or maybe it's the fact that I was sold by the macho agreesive approach on the intro. I love it when the song drops the last noted and rips into the riff. Something many a TIME songs do too. It could also be that I generaly allways look forward to new titles like a hot girl in a strip club, but whatever the reason it works. I'd still prefer harder heavier synths, but the way these are played it kinda gives it a running feeling so they work perfectly. I must not to forget to congratrulate GoGo's on discoving Leo's vocals. Macho Agressive and full of NRG. Kinda like a younger Fastway on fire. A definate bullseye that is just to addicting not too sing along to. COMON!!!
10+/10

4. Garcon- Ride In My Speedy Car(HRG Attack)
The first purchase I did was this song, because I was left cold by the preview. I had to prove myself wrong. What I did prove was that the worst part is indeed the chorus. It's horrendouz on every level. The melody is so wrong for those lines, that it almost sounds like Garcon repeats the same line 4 X. I swear the last words sound like Cottage Caddy. With that off my chest, I have to admit that this song has other aspects that foreshadow that horrible chorus. The best being the intro. I hear at least 4 different new soundworlds going on in those first few seconds. The sirens are from a page right out of Franz Tornado's Danger( apersonal favourite of mine) The verses are very typical HRG, which to me is a good thing. A good powerful bridge that leads to...well you know. Then there is the Riff. Here is where this song makes up for lost points. Fast, aggresssive , fierce and yes these are my favourite words to describe a riff. The song needs a proper break, so I will be remixing thise in my style. Props for the reving engine and laser effects. I'm kinda torn between this one, but belive with heavy airplay willl eventually become a highlight.
8-/10

5. Ducky Chicks- Looking For Lovers.
This proves I still have a little faith in Sinclaire. Did it pay off? Well, yes & no. It does turn out to be my favourite Sinclaire entry to date, but since his previous offerings were bottom of the barrel; this poor song had too much to prove. First off..Hurray, seems like Mr. Sinclaire got the message and raised the volume a few notches. You can actually hear a good strong bass behind the vocals. A lot of people are burning him for the hyped female vocals, but I think It really works on this kinda song. maybe I'm just used to HRG's female vocals, but I definately approve. The keybord riff also shines in a track like this. I would call it cute and jumpy, but also commanding enough to carry out its melody from verse to verse. This especially works in that third verse,where the bass guitar jumps right out of the speakers. Now come my least favourite parts..You guessed it ; the Intro and Outro. These two parts of a song can make or break its initaill attraction. The outro was too abrupt. He just cut that third chorus right off instead of ending with it. The intro is totally from another world and sounds like he just wanted to mimic The People Of The World intro, so these are two aspects to keep in my mind if he wants to break out of the 7's zone, but , All in all things are started to look brighter for Sinclaire Style.
7+/10

6. Powerful T.- Into The Game(ABeatC)
Taking a crack at the Dave Rodgers Title are we? This a great song! It really is. The intro starts off in typical ABeatC fasion, but the added sounds here and there give it a bit more umph. The riff out of nowhere syndrome is present, but also works really well, beacuse it uses an semi old Italo vibe. We havn't heard a good Powerful T. song in a while and the last one that made an impact on me was "Glorious" This one has something really specail in the guitar melodies it uses. I hear a distinct Nordic Heavy Metal vibe throughout the song which suits me just fine and watch out for that third chorus or you will miss out on one of the fiercest surprises this song has to offer. I'm talkin about that classic outro that Rock fans will recognize as the intro to the Marilyn Manson song "Dope Show" very ingenious for Dave to use it as his outro for this Powerful T. number. AbeatC scores another bomba!
9+/10

7. Micky B.- A Never Ending Night(ABeatC)
ABeatC really deserves a round of applause for thier entries on this cd. I havn't been this satisfied with Pasquinni material since SEB 188. The intro is really beautiful. I think I hear strings or angles. I must be thinking of my new gal? That thing that stands out for me is that subtle keyboard riff during the verses. It's a bit jumpy and if you don't pay close attention ,you'll miss it. Hurray for Dave Rodgers for bringing back some of those older Eurobeat soundworlds like the small distinct crashing sounds in the backround. I really pay close attention to all instruments in a song. I gotta say, it's pure magic right after that third verse and bridge when the chorus is just played without vocals. I guess this song has something special and neat for everyone. This one sounds amazing with earphones in the dark :)
9+/10

8. Mark Foster- Kiss Me Divine(Saifam)
Here is another one I've had for someTIME. Seems like Mauro either forgot the original's title or just wanted to play title games. Anyway, this is another example of what I call a good reamke. It has all the old ingredients that made the original such a classic, but also has a lot of new surprises to perfectly bring it into the new Eurobeat Era. Those who know the original will also noticve that this versions is eons ahead in BPms, but somehow just works like a charm. From the intro ;which uses drums played in laser style,to the female vocals accompanying Mark throughout the song, it just has a unique vibe that I would call Rock/Disco. I dare say it outshines Tokyo Tonight because of the added piano and bass parts, but thats' how my ears hear it. A very good choice on AVAEX part to choose this entry, but I still would like to also hear some female Saifam style as well.
10-/10

9. Jay Lehr- Wild Life.
I just got this one this morning and allready it's becoming my favourite track on the cd. Jay Lehr is an artist who hasn't dissapointed me at all. from Mystic Love to the mega I'm Alive to the wonderful Imagine; Jay just reassures my thoughtsd that he is indeed the Bullseye wonder at SCP.
The intro is pure magic. Someone compred it to Summer Ski? That's an offernse to this song. It does have that "Heavenly sound" but more in the Lucya style or maybe even mellisa White in "Starry Sky". The first thing I notice is that the riff is very DELTA-wise. Jumpy, but with a hard edge like Daniel Style. Jay lehr also has amazing vocals ,so the magic just shines more in the verses and chorus. If you are an individual who holds a proper break high in your list ,than this song doesn't dissapoint. It has that I'm Alive vibe with pianos playing throughout a bass line that sounds like something right out of the 80's. I always think that if Brian Ice were to jump ship and join SCP ,his songs would sound very much like this gem. Finally;fade out outro: No problem when it ends with such a great sounding melody.
10+/10

10. Daniel- My Gasoline(DELTA)
Why was DELTA left so long down the playlist? What ever the reason, we are finally treated to some Newfield magic. This was actually the second song I bought.He He. I can see why this one follwed jay Lehr, since both are similiar in jumpy synth riffs. What can I say about Daniel that hasn't alrready been said? Everyone of his entries has a unique sounding melody in the way they are sung as well as the soundworlds. Here Daniel sounds a bit different ,kinda like Luke, but it's definatley Marco. Unlike other people, I think the intro perdfectly showcasese the the song's vibe. The pianos are used in a subtle way, but at the same TIME sound mesmerizing enough to reel you into it's racing theme. The synthesizer is the real star in this compostion. So many different choard progressions and variables especially the way they are played in the "Down Down Wanna get You" part. Finaly comes the outro. Sirens are maijng a comeback and I couldn't be more ecstatic about that. 80's High Energy made tham a crucial ingredient and now some years in the future it's great to hear them, especially in this tremondously powerful entry from DELTA. I might not be able to drive, but I can sure dance.
10+/10

11. Annalise- Fantasy World(ABeatC)
Ah ABeatC intros... This one starts off with a bit of umph, but what I like is the way the riff is played in the backround without bass. This song to me is vert Normaesque -wise. I was immediately reminded of her songs in the melody around the verses. The melody in the chorus is really catchy and the chirpy synths that follow really give it a romantic sense. My favourite part is the music accompanying the third verse and the title Fantasy World is so oin spot for a song like this. Another nice number that I'm glad I purchased in the end.
8/10

12. Go2- Purple Emotion(SCP)
I'm really glad I decided to buy this trax. My initial thoughts on the preview were way off asthis turns out to be another Jay Lehr flavoured song. It's a bit more poppy than Wild Life, but I think it's just that added pop vibe that's makes it so sweet. The first thing I noticed was that intro. Who else was thinking Dave Rodgers- Space Boy? That is the only similiarity to that song as it soon sways off to it's own melody. ..and sway is exactly what it does. Really relaxing, but showing how indespensible these type of romantic flavoured Eurobeat can really be. I still laugh everyTIME I hear the line Purple Emotion, because it reminds me of ...ever heard the phrase "big Purple vein" :D Anyway, I'm really astonished by the quality of this Go2 track and since I wasn't a fan of Blood...nor NRG, than this one is a huge surprise for me. No pun intended on the word huge.LOL!!!
10/10

13. Cherry- Gotta Be Certain.
...and finally DELTA's second entry. This a rather great song if I may say so myself. It obviousy breaks form the noraml Eurobeat Formula, but that's because it a pop song cover. Kylie has many hits under her wings and this one is certainly one of her most celebrated tracks. Clara does an amazing job ona cover that allrady had all the ingredients to become one of the cd's highlights. Clara's vocal are what you call the icing on the cake.. I'm kinda liking the trend of ending the cd with a disco flavoured tune as opposed to a balls out wicked number. This song cools you down in a 80's smooth kinda way. Vry subtle in the keyboard department; which could be the reason some feel it's not up par to Eurobeat status, but you gotta love the bass in the verses especially if you enjoyed early Queen 26.
8/10

For me the cd ends on that note, since I don't care for AVEX mixes at all.

The cd turned out to be more or less what I expected form the preciews. The absence of a Dall Ora track is probobly why I perferred Momu this round, but it surely had some nice 10s in there.

Well I'm actually glad I decided to buy the remaining trax. What's a few extra bucks? The cds quality actually jumps up a whole other notch. Proof that reading other member's reviews really works.
Last edited by drnrg on 10 Oct 2008, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 08 Oct 2008, 17:08

drnrg wrote: What ever the reason, we are finally treated to some Newfield magic.
I still might wanna purchase Micky B's song and maybe Annalise, but I'm not really A Lollita nor Slow Go2 fan so will just have to see?
My Gasoline is produced by Morris Capaldi. Also, you should buy A Neverending Night because it's a really good song... definitely one of the best on SEB191.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 08 Oct 2008, 17:43

Tiger wrote:
drnrg wrote: What ever the reason, we are finally treated to some Newfield magic.
I still might wanna purchase Micky B's song and maybe Annalise, but I'm not really A Lollita nor Slow Go2 fan so will just have to see?
My Gasoline is produced by Morris Capaldi. Also, you should buy A Neverending Night because it's a really good song... definitely one of the best on SEB191.
_The_ best song on SEB191.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 08 Oct 2008, 20:56

Time for my review - overall this album was miles better than I was expecting!

01 LOLITA - HURRY UP HURRY UP (05:31) [GoGo's]
After the anthemic People Of The World grabbed the coveted opening spot in SEB 189, it's nice to see that GoGo's are continuing with an energetic and anthemic track to get the new decade off to a very strong start. The intro - with the repeated "go-go-go" lines - really draws you in and always gets me singing along, and the production is rich and full. The synth hook has a nice quality to it that makes it somehow light but powerful at the same time. As ever, E. Gobbi's distinctive vocals carry the vocal melody well, and overall this was a very catchy and tuneful song with lots of appeal. A great start to the CD and one of Lolita's better tracks!
Score: 9+/10

02 BABBY ONE - MANGA SUPER ROBOT (05:06) [Hi-NRG Attack]
I've had this track for quite some time now, and yet it still doesn't sound old or stale. I love the intro vocals and the chorus vocal melody in general as it's such a simple yet effective tune that lodges itself in your head. The frantic synths and futuristic sound effects are classic HRG material and add more depth to the track. My sceptical side would probably say that the melodic structure of the verses in particular do not really showcase anything new or unique when compared with virtually every other HRG track over the years, but the chorus more than makes up for this with it's strong sing-a-long appeal. I'd like to see more of Babby One in the future.
Score: 9/10

03 LEO RIVER - RUNAWAY (04:52) [GoGo's]
This track confirms what I've been feeling over the past few SEB albums - GoGo's are now officially my favourite producers. Their tracks have such power and drive that I can't sit still at all when I'm listening to their tracks!! This track seems to have united the community as a whole, and I definitely agree with everyone else's reviews. I love the rise and fall of the melody, the way the agressive synths are layered over a powerful bass riff while still blending perfectly and the conviction with which Leo delivers the vocals - half venomous and half joyous, it's a real treat for my ears! I've had this song on repeat on my iPod for the past few days, and it's probably going to stay that way for a while!
Score: 10/10

04 GARCON - RIDE ON MY SPEEDY CAR (04:17) [Hi-NRG Attack]
Okay, first off - why can Hi-NRG Attack not make proper extended versions anymore? This is the length of the old 18-track SEB songs! Anyway, the song itself. Sadly, I always compare every new Garcon song to the awesome Super Kaiser, and he is yet to match or exceed the high standards that song set. Ride On My Speedy Car has been described as "too frantic" by some, and I can relate to what they are saying, especially during the B-melo when the vocals struggle to keep pace with the BPM. However, there is something quite endearing about the track that I can't fully put my finger on. The synth hook has a different tone from other HRG aggresive male tracks and sounds more melodic which is nice. The chorus also has some semblance of a catchy tune behind all the chaos, although the lyrics are completely indecipherable. This track falls short of the quality shown in Manga Super Robot, but it's one of Garcon's better efforts.
Score: 7+/10

05 DUCKY CHIX - LOOKING FOR LOVERS (04:52) [SinclaireStyle]
And the prize for worst fitting intro goes to...Ducky Chix!! Seriously, that odd African humming would sound great in the Masai Mara, Kenya but at the start of a female-led SinclaireStyle Eurobeat track, it makes no sense at all!! Pushing that to one side, we are left with your now signature light and airy synths and sweet vocals. This track thankfully shares more in common with Move On Now Baby than the awful Power Of Loving You, as the vocals are delivered with a cute style but in keeping with the backing. The chorus has a really positive sound to it despite the sad tone of the lyrics, and it helps cement this track as a strong showing for SS in the SEB 190's.
Score: 8/10

06 POWERFUL T. - INTO THE GAME (04:41) [A-Beat C]
Extended intro once again from A-Beat C, but at least one has a lot more purpose that the airy fairy ones like Everybody Shake. The typical guitar riffs aren't a surprise when you know that you're going to have Powerful T's high testosterone-fuelled vocals to balance their depth. This track seems to have much more meaningful production and a renewed energy in the synth lines and the chorus melody in particular. One thing that does irritate me about the song though is the distorted synth line that mirrors the vocal melody in the chorus. After such an accomplished start, I was left feeling a little cold by the messy sound of the backing track during this part of the song. However, this is still Powerful T's most exciting track in a while.
Score: 8+/10

07 MICKEY B. - A NEVERENDING NIGHT (05:14) [A-Beat C]
Why Mr. Pasquini - are we trying to compete with GoGo's production skills here? The beat and overall sound given off by this song sounds similar to the rich and full sound that the GoGo's songs produce but with one vital difference - A-Beat C intros still aren't that great anymore! Here at least we have the melody echoing through, but it's still not a great start to an otherwise very catchy song. Mickey's soft yet rich vocals sound great, and it's a welcome return to the Eurobeat world for a popular and talented vocalist. I love the chorus in this song in particular as it really showcases the range of her voice and I like the way the backing track doesn't try to overpower the vocal line with too many layers. Welcome back Mickey, and here's hoping this is the sound of things to come from A-Beat C!
Score: 9+/10

08 MARK FOSTER - KISS ME DIVINE (05:10) [Asia]
The standard Saifam beats kick in right on time here with some nice back-up from the muted guitars and things gradually build to the unique piano and vocal intro. This is a promising start. However, the synth hook is pretty dull and doesn't really showcase anything we haven't heard from Asia before. I have a major problem with the verse melody in particular as it sounds way too similar to Tokyo Tonight. Now this wouldn't be a massive problem if that song hadn't just been released on an SEB album a matter of months ago. It's just too close and too similar and it makes Asia sound lazy and short of ideas in my opinion. The song itself is quite catchy with some nice sections, but I can't get past the fact that we are being shortchanged with a bit of a rehashed track, and with only 1 Saifam/Asia track on the album, this is just silly.
Score: 6/10

09 JAY LEHR - WILDLIFE (04:49) [SCP]
I still can't fully take to this guy's vocals - it sounds like he is singing into a pillow - but I'll give this track a chance. I like the way the hook is introduced gently during the intro, as the synth hook is one of the main attractions for me in this song. It sounds melodic and cheery and makes me think of old Eurodance songs I used to listen to. The vocal melody itself is pretty unique as it doesn't follow the normal structure and this makes it intriguing to listen to the dips and changes in the flow. I enjoy the chord progression in the chorus especially when it changes to the minor chord half way through. Overall, this is a cute song that continues in Jay's unique style, and although he's far from being my favourite SCP alias, this track stands out in the album and gains marks for it's unique tone and cheery synths.

10 DANIEL - MY GASOLINE (05:18) [Delta]
In my eyes, this is the only true Delta track on this album, so I wasn't happy to hear a dischordant vocal melody in the sample, but I have high hopes for the full version. The piano at the start of the intro could probably use a bit more reverb, but that could be nitpicking a little! I still love Capaldi's productions and as the layers build and the beat gets stronger, I am back in familiar territory. That synth tone is my favourite in the Eurobeat today, and it gives this track an injection of adrenaline to set us up for a speedy ride! The verse is a little flat melodically and doesn't go very far, but the lead up to the chorus starts to get a little more purposeful and by the time we've reached the chorus, Daniel is in his stride. I adore the start of the chorus, but still cannot understand why no-one else has commented on the out-of-tune final line "my gasoline-oline-oline". It still ruins the song in my opinion and I can't sing the song as I find it difficult to sing out of tune!! Anyway, it's a decent track, but is most definitely overshadowed by Runaway on this album.

11 ANNALISE - FANTASY WORLD (04:48) [A-Beat C]
More random bleeps and tings and skitters greet us during the intro of this track. Honestly, all A-Beat C tracks should start at the first synth hook! I've liked the Annalise tracks that no-one else seems to be crazy about (Feel It In Your Heart being the most recent example), so I was curious to see how this one panned out. Her vocals always sound very polished but here she sounds a little bored and in need of a challenge. The song is very safe in terms of production and melody and I'm not mad on the synth tone during the hook, but it is by no means offensive. Annalise will always be A-Beat C's sweetheart, especially with Lolita at GoGo's and Nuage out of action, but I just wish she would get more challenging tracks to perform. A nice tune, but nothing stunning.
Score: 7/10

12 GO 2 - PURPLE EMOTION (05:05) [SCP]
Okay, first thing's first - Music Come On is a good song, and better than some of the other energetic Go 2 tracks that everyone else swoon over. I don't have a problem with the guys trying a more sedate approach (Fastway and Dusty co-exist, so why not fast Go 2 and slow Go 2?) and this track is actually quite surprising. Sure, it's cheesy and there is probably just a bit too much sentiment in the lyrics at times, but no-one can deny that SCP have created yet another catchy track that somehow effortlessly brings together the different styles of Ace and Fastway. I am a bit confused as to what a Purple Emotion actually is though!! Also, what's with the SCP fadeouts all of a sudden!!
Score: 8+/10

13 CHERRY - GOT TO BE CERTAIN (05:15) [Delta]
I don't understand why Delta still insist on using Cherry for covers - she can perform perfectly with her own tracks (Yes I Will and Set Me Free are testiment to that). This track is - in my opinion - a waste of time. Sure, the synths sound slightly different in this version, and the bass is probably a little stronger, but in every way there is no merit in having an 80's style remake of an 80's track. Also, while I love Clara's vocals, Kylie sounds much better singing this track - Clara doesn't seem to give it enough punch, like she wasn't really that bothered about singing it (or didn't really want to sing it). This is such a disappointing way to finish off an otherwise strong album, and it begs the question - if this track is Avex's idea of Eurobeat that's good to drive to, I'd hate to hear what they would put on a love themed disc!
Score: 4/10

Overall album score - 8/10

TOP 3 TRACKS:
LEO RIVER - RUNAWAY
LOLITA - HURRY UP HURRY UP
MICKEY B. - A NEVERENDING NIGHT

BOTTOM 3 TRACKS:
CHERRY - GOT TO BE CERTAIN
MARK FOSTER - KISS ME IN TOKYO TONIGHT DIVINELY
ANNALISE - FANTASY WORLD

HONOURABLE MENTION:
BABBY ONE - MANGA SUPER ROBOT

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 09 Oct 2008, 01:53

MAtRiCks wrote:Powerful T - Into The Game 7/10
Alex (Densetsu13) and I LOLed so much at the Sabi (I've got the rythm just below my ass!!).
Depending on my mood I at least smirk, if not giggle, every single time I hear that line XD

rufflegarden
Euro To B

Post by rufflegarden » 09 Oct 2008, 05:36

the_ditz wrote: 04 GARCON - RIDE ON MY SPEEDY CAR (04:17) [Hi-NRG Attack]

although the lyrics are completely indecipherable.

it looks like japanese words

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Oct 2008, 11:10

rufflegarden wrote:
the_ditz wrote: 04 GARCON - RIDE ON MY SPEEDY CAR (04:17) [Hi-NRG Attack]

although the lyrics are completely indecipherable.

it looks like japanese words
Agreed. It sounds like some Japanese because of the vocal pronouncing so badly Engrish. I had to check the actual lyric to still understand nothing because the song means nothing.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

rufflegarden
Euro To B

Post by rufflegarden » 09 Oct 2008, 16:20

[quote="Lebon14"]

Agreed. It sounds like some Japanese because of the vocal pronouncing so badly Engrish. I had to check the actual lyric to still understand nothing because the song means nothing.[/quote]

it seems dokodani anatoki something

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 09 Oct 2008, 17:35

^
Wtf? Do you guys even know japanese?

Based on the sample, it doesn't sound anything like Japanese
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 09 Oct 2008, 20:33

It sounds nothing like Japanese to me - just your typical Hi-NRG Attack muffled mumbling with lyrics that are probably incoherent jibberish in the first place! The only words I can make out for sure are the song title and gasoline (or at least, I think that's what he's singing) :P

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 09 Oct 2008, 22:31

While we're on the subject of Garcon, the track Yacchaa Boi (from Euromach 1) ironically did have a few Japanese words in its b-melo ("Junkai shimasu ka"). :wink:
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 Oct 2008, 02:35

I decided to change this post and edit my SEB 191 review instead. The last four songs that I decided to purchase really took me by surprise as will the rest of you see.

Thanks for the heads up on Micky B, but most reviews really downplayed Go2, when clearly it's one of the cds highlights 8) Even the fade outs didn't bother me one bit.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Oct 2008, 03:01

MAH REVIEW!
Grades are like Bore's (4- to 10+) this time.

1. HURRY UP HURRY UP! / LOLITA [Go Go's Music]

So, this album kicks of with a Lolita song. I never really looked forward to any Loilita fare because she never attracted me with her style. But, I gonna say, this song isn't THAT bad. The intro could be better (less Go Go Go! maybe?), the riff is pretty particular. Points to that. I like how the verses sounds. But, where the song kicks me out is the chorus. Too bad I guess. This is in the better Lolita.

Rating : 8

2. MANGA SUPER ROBOT / BABBY ONE [Hi-NRG Attack]

Second song is here. Pretty exciting stuff for old stuff. The song has a lot of standard of Hi-NRG Attack sounds. The style is very Hi-NRG Attack. I really don't dislike this seriously. Pretty catchy too. I cannot say much more.

Rating :8+

3. RUNAWAY / LEO RIVER [Go Go's Music]

Oooh. Interresting piece of work here. I've heard, way before the release, that this song is gonna be 2 Fast, Go 2 fare and yes, it is! The song is really energetic. Vocals, verse, riff and chorus are pure genius. But, for some reasons, there is a thing missing in here... a more ctachy edge maybe?

Rating :

4. RIDE ON MY SPEEDY CAR / GARÇON [Hi-NRG Attack]

Recent Hi-NRG stuff... I must say, that when I saw the tracklist for the first time, I had ZERO hope for this song since Garçon had this bad habit of putting irritating vocals in his songs. When the preview came, I was just astonished. The CD came and I'm addicted to this song. The same effect that Tokyo Strike Force gave me back on SEB 186. Absolutely perfect song on ALL points. The song is BY FAR the best on the album and I ever questionned myself if the song is better than my top fav. of all time : Once Upon A Time by Pamsy...

Rating : 10++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

5. Ducky Chix - Looking For Lovers

Since Sinclaire Style joined SEB, I have always been disappointed by the level of their music, far behind the other labels. This one is kinda an exception and I'm hoping it will not be the only one. But, for some kind of reasons, the intro make me feel like I'm listening to some kind of Disney soundtrack for like the first 12 seconds. Also, the rest of the intro is SO sounding like a Nuage or Norma intro. Maybe it's just me... Anyway, the rest of the song is really great. Maybe one of the runner up.

Rating : 9+

6. INTO THE GAME / POWERFUL T. [A-BEAT-C]

So, Powerful T. has already some pretty good song in the past and I was kinda looking forward to this one. The song in itself is just pretty awesome. It got all elements to be a Eurobeat success (with Ride On My Speedy Car). Yep, lately, A-Beat-C is seeing some light...

Rating :

7. A NEVERENDING NIGHT / MICKEY B. [A-BEAT-C]

I don't think I've seen a Mickey B. song is a VERY good while. So, it's a comeback, right? Well, for a comeback, it's not bad. So, we have a mid-energetic song by her. The intro is the typical boring A-Beat-C. The rest of the song is not bad and the chorus is really giving life to the song. Not a success but, pretty much an higher than usual A-Beat fare.

Rating : 8-

8. KISS ME DIVINE / MARK FOSTER [SAIFAM]

So, pretty much is everyone is saying that this song is a rip off of Tokyo Tonight. I agree. The vocals are really sung like in Tokyo Tonight. Beside that, the song is pretty good. What I have a problem with is the chorus which I'm pretty split. Also, the riff is missing little more energy. Pretty OK in general.

Rating :

9. WILDLIFE / JAY LEHR [SCP]

First SCP song of the batch. Since I've seen the playlist I was hoping for a song like I'm Alive. But, I was SO wrong but I don't really hate either. I'm just don't care too much about it. Everything is OK, but not my piece of cake.

Rating :

10. MY GASOLINE / DANIEL [DELTA]

OK, you all know my position on this alias. Only Full Metal Cars made it into my playlist. So, the song starts rather slowly with a police siren in the background. The riff is OK, but not my thing. The vocals are really over the music but it fits well with the music. The biggest problem of this song is, indeed, the sound world and general music... that's why this song is only so-so.

Rating : 7-

11. FANTASY WORLD / ANNALISE [A-Beat-C]

How do you guys think I can listen to that... seriously... the intro the general "I suck at making intro" A-Beat-C fare. The riff... the general is just... ew... ½ because of my generosity

Rating :

12. PURPLE EMOTION / GO 2 [SCP]

When I saw the tracklist, I was like "Cool! A new Go 2!" but Oh God I was wrong was I to be looking forward to that. This is BY FAR the worst Go 2 song I've heard in my life. At least Music Come On as a decent riff. And, Go 2 really really doesn't fit slower songs... Seriously.

Rating : 4

13. GOT TO BE CERTAIN (KYLIE MINOGUE COVER) / CHERRY [Delta]

...WTF IS THAT. BIGGEST FAILURE SINCE FRONTAL IMPACT AND THE VIP IS JP

Rating : 4---------------------------

14. SPECIAL MEGAMIX ~ENJOY YOUR DRIVE~ / DJ BOSS [Avex/A-Beat-C/Delta/SCP/Sinclaire Style/Go Go's Music/Hi-NRG Attack]

I love this megamix. Pretty well mixed. I think it pretty much present the album pretty well. A pretty good 10:47. Thumb's up Avex.

Rating : 8 (Based on Average of above rating, but not an actual average)

This album is finished and I think it's a pretty decent album but it was kinda destroy at the end which is sad. The themes pretty much proved themselves here. I'm looking forward to the Party theme as of now. ;)

Top 3
1. RIDE ON MY SPEEDY CAR / GARÇON
2. RUNAWAY / LEO RIVER
3. INTO THE GAME / POWERFUL T.

Bottom 3
1. FANTASY WORLD / ANNALISE
2. PURPLE EMOTION / GO 2
3. GOT TO BE CERTAIN / CHERRY

Honorable Mention
LOOKING FOR LOVERS / DUCKY CHIX

Overall Rating : 8
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!