Super Eurobeat 191

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Will154 » 11 Oct 2008, 03:20

Lebon14 wrote: 13. GOT TO BE CERTAIN (KYLIE MINOGUE COVER) / CHERRY [Delta]

...WTF IS THAT. BIGGEST FAILURE SINCE FRONTAL IMPACT AND THE VIP IS JP

Rating : 4---------------------------
Uuhh...its an awesome italo-disco style eurobeat song made by Delta and sang by Cherry? :D
Ive not seen a lot of people like this song since now , so i was expecting bad reviews anyway :wink:

Other than that , my review would be pretty much the same as Lebon's~!

aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 11 Oct 2008, 03:35

Got To Be Certain has cool 80's bass, drums and cowbells.. and wicked synthesizers. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE!
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Oct 2008, 05:15

^ I know what is it... but it just doesn't sound right at all... it's out of place.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Oct 2008, 05:29

News Flash:

Kiss Me Divine is not a ripp off of Tokyo Tonight. It's the other way around :P

Lebon 14
12. PURPLE EMOTION / GO 2 [SCP]

When I saw the tracklist, I was like "Cool! A new Go 2!" but Oh God I was wrong was I to be looking forward to that. This is BY FAR the worst Go 2 song I've heard in my life. At least Music Come On as a decent riff. And, Go 2 really really doesn't fit slower songs... Seriously.
Am I the only one who apprecialtes what a wonderful track this is? :(

rufflegarden
Euro To B

Post by rufflegarden » 11 Oct 2008, 05:38

[quote="valiant"]^
Wtf? Do you guys even know japanese?

Based on the sample, it doesn't sound anything like Japanese[/quote]

Garcon「Ride on my speedy car」を聴きながら。

この曲の元ネタはDAIGOサンですか?
Turn she's come inが「タシカニー」としか聞こえません。
(Turn she' s come in is audible “[tashikani]” only. )

http://verin.blog20.fc2.com/

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 11 Oct 2008, 06:06

drnrg wrote: Am I the only one who apprecialtes what a wonderful track this is? :(
It's not a bad track. Perhaps most of us just don't appreciate Go2 ballads like you do?
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 11 Oct 2008, 06:22

If you ever got the chance to listen to the SEPH episode of SEB 191, you'd find out that Purple Emotion's reception is actually a whole different story! :wink:
ImageImage

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 11 Oct 2008, 10:13

zoupzuop2 wrote:
drnrg wrote: Am I the only one who apprecialtes what a wonderful track this is? :(
It's not a bad track. Perhaps most of us just don't appreciate Go2 ballads like you do?
Did anyone even read my review? I liked Purple Emotion in much the same way as I liked Music Come On...
drnrg wrote:News Flash:

Kiss Me Divine is not a ripp off of Tokyo Tonight. It's the other way around
It's true that Kiss Me Divine did come before Tokyo Tonight in Asia's catalogue, but the fact of the matter is Tokyo Tonight was given the true commercial exposure (i.e. a place on Super Eurobeat) before Kiss Me Divine and so ironically it sounds like Tokyo Tonight was the pioneer and Kiss Me Divine was the lazy rehash.

Even bearing that in mind, I somehow enjoy Tokyo Tonight more that Kiss Me Divine for it's synth lines and overall production being slightly more unique than Asia's other tracks.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 11 Oct 2008, 11:34

the_ditz wrote:Even bearing that in mind, I somehow enjoy Tokyo Tonight more that Kiss Me Divine for it's synth lines and overall production being slightly more unique than Asia's other tracks.
Roby Arduini helped produce Tokyo Tonight, which would explain its distinctiveness when compared to other Saifam tracks.

To me, Tokyo Tonight isn't really that unique. It sounds a lot like Arduini's other Delta productions, particularly Yes I Will.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 11 Oct 2008, 11:43

Jay wrote:
the_ditz wrote:Even bearing that in mind, I somehow enjoy Tokyo Tonight more that Kiss Me Divine for it's synth lines and overall production being slightly more unique than Asia's other tracks.
Roby Arduini helped produce Tokyo Tonight, which would explain its distinctiveness when compared to other Saifam tracks.

To me, Tokyo Tonight isn't really that unique. It sounds a lot like Arduini's other Delta productions, particularly Yes I Will.
I wasn't really referring to the track being unique in the Eurobeat world - just when you compare it to other tracks in the Asia catalogue :)

Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Will154 » 11 Oct 2008, 21:39

Kiss Me Devine also makes me think a bit of Super Eurobeat - Alphatown in a way .... probably because of the intro

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 11 Oct 2008, 22:52

Will154 wrote:Kiss Me Devine also makes me think a bit of Super Eurobeat - Alphatown in a way .... probably because of the intro
...should'a had more cowbell. ;3
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 12 Oct 2008, 05:14

drnrg wrote:
Am I the only one who apprecialtes what a wonderful track this is? :(
I think I said it before, but Purple Emotion is by no means a bad track, at least, in terms of quality, it is better than Music Come On! in so many ways. However, the main problem could be my own biasness,

Generally, when I see a Go 2 song, I expect NRG, power and aggressiveness, I enjoyed every track except Music come on, from Not for sale all the way to spitfire and now, Purple Emotion, but I don't want any more love ballad or pop from Go 2, you get what I mean ? 8)

To me, Go 2 = Power, not norma sheffield. :P

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 12 Oct 2008, 11:51

It's always good for people to have a bit of variety in their catalogue. For this reason, I don't believe that Purple Emotion is out of place in the Go 2 catalogue. They will always be more associated with the more powerful sub-genres of Eurobeat, but showing their more tender side can only add more depth to them IMO...

Jion

Post by Jion » 12 Oct 2008, 20:48

zoupzuop2 wrote:
Will154 wrote:Kiss Me Devine also makes me think a bit of Super Eurobeat - Alphatown in a way .... probably because of the intro
...should'a had more cowbell. ;3
LOL!
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p