Super Eurobeat 192

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jion

Post by Jion » 13 Nov 2008, 23:25

drnrg wrote:Ace- Wait For You(SCP)- SCP really redeem themselves with this song. I care 0% for the original and it's horrendouse pop percussion, but this song sounds like a page out of Jay Lehr's story. In fact, I wish he had sung it, since I perfer his vocals to Ace. Here Ace sounds good. The song it'self starts off rather slow, but kinda builds up to romantic Eurobeat speed; wich is something I couldn't pick up on the samples. So yeah, I eat my words by saying it sounding like a simple production, cuz it's really beautifully produced and also one of my favourites. The break inbetween with it's pianos and music box is really moving and could hve more impact in my life than I realize. Only TIME will tell.
9+/10
i LOVE THE FACT YOU ATE YOUR WORDS! Sorry couldn't resist. I don't agree with you on the Eurogrooves tracks but I'm glad you turned around on this song
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Nov 2008, 01:37

Jion
i LOVE THE FACT YOU ATE YOUR WORDS! Sorry couldn't resist. I don't agree with you on the Eurogrooves tracks but I'm glad you turned around on this song
Well I admit when I'm wrong. That original 30 clip did nothing for me and when I found that Ameriacn Idol original on Youtube, I totally dismissed the Ace entry. ...that is untill I heard the entire production. It was only then that I began to Appreciate it.

Eurogrooves is the new GROOVE isn Eurobeat. EPIC!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Nov 2008, 04:16

All right, guys, I got my CD today.
So, review time!!

4- = WORST
10+ = BEST

01. Special Megamix ~Let's Party / DJ Gun -Avex-

OK, the album kicks off with an eleven minutes megamix. Simply put, the megamix is very well done but... I'm against the fact it's the first track.

Rating :

02. Nack 5 / Domino & Kaioh -Go Go's Music-

First of all, I want to say that I agree with all of those that says that "Nack 5" and "79.5" are overused. It's getting annoying after a while. I don't care if it's a theme song for some radio station in japan, any songs have to be non-annoying. Beside those negative points, the song is very energetic and is really showing what is Eurobeat : Fast tempo and happiness. That really is the strong point of this song. That means that, after all, that song is pretty good according to my standards; not the best though.

Rating : 9-

03. Hey Boy / Apple -Eurogrooves-

So, TIME's successor is here kicking beats for us. The song kicks off in a very energetic way. A great way to catch attention. Like it wasn't good enough, a badass riff follows the intro. Then, the first verse which is really surprising. I like how there's a pause betwween some words. The chorus is really energetic. I love those kind of songs. Only if they were all like that.

Rating : 10

04. 1.2.3.4 Live On the Dance Floor / Megan -SinclaireStyle-

At first, it doesn't look that good. But after a few listen, it isn't so bad. In fact, it's good. The chorus is what gives life to the song. What is bad about the song is the riff... it is a little behind... Overall, not awesome but not bad either

Rating : 8-

05. Harajuku Nights / Alphatown -Saifam-

The first few seconds of the song sounds so strange... don't know why. Maybe it's me. But, the riff is really good, I mean, it takes over the song in a way that you forget the crappy intro and get into the song. Well, not bad for a Saifam song, but, not as good as Rock N Roll and other releases.

Rating :8+

06. Para Girl (Domino's Girl Pop Mix) / Domino -Go Go's Music-

Well, well, well... look who we get here, Domino-san. This time around, we get a slightly edited version of her song on SEB 190. I must say that I really am impress by this performance. I never really thought that this kind of song who see the light. Too bad, she left the vocals during the riff. This thing stops me from putting 10. Too bad.

Rating :

07. Food Fighter / Irene -SCP-

Kiki and Fancy productions : they are really nice from time to time. Let's be clear : I don't care that an alias does that kind of production under a serious alias. I DON'T CARE. All what i have to care is the quality of music, which is awesome. I really like her style here with LITNOL. Hit!

Rating :10

08. SEF Deluxe / Tri-Star -Hi-NRG Attack-

I was unsure with the preview. But now that I have the full thing, I can fully say that this song is really really good. Looks like that Hi-NRG Attack loves Avex's DJs *points to the lyrics*. That aise, I have nothing to say, it's really good.

09. Euronight / Eurogroove -Eurogrooves-

EPIC INTRO IS EPIC. Absolutely love it. Really brings a party mood. From A to Z, this song is really, really what all Eurobeat songs must be. It's one of the best song on the album if not the best.

Rating :10+

10. パギャル / Mara Nell -Hi-NRG Attack-

Pagyaru! Not "Pagal"! Anyway, this song is probably in the worst of the album. It's bland overall and standard Hi-NRG fair. Not a lot to say. The rating will speak of itself.

Rating :7+

11. A Simply Melody / Valery Scott -Saifam-

Butterfly by Smile.dk! It's so fucking obvious that it based on this song. Remarks aside, the intro is annoying at the beginning but it gets better. The riff is rather calm. What makes the song better is the "Butterfly" chorus. Beside that, the song isn't much of a hit, but not that bad either.

Rating :8+

12. Tonight, Tonight / Kevin Johnson -Delta-

Delta's only entry for SEB 192 and I must say that this song is really produced and sounds really good. The song has a cool intro and a good riff and overall good sound world. Good job Newfield.

Rating : 9-

13. Unbelievable / Annalise Feat. Dave Rodgers -A-Beat-C-

It's an unbelievably boring intro! Starting now, I have a teeth against A-Beat-C's intros. Seriously, they need more work. make 'em epic like Eurogrooves' Euronight at least and maybe we'll say that the song is good. The song is pretty much your standard filler btw... The worst on the album but it's listenable.

Rating : 7-

14. Wait For You (Dancefloor Night Mix) / Ace -SCP-

OK. I now recognize the song and where it comes from. The original is bad but this! this is really good. I don't care about slower BPM because, sometimes, it really fits the mood like here. An yet, it's another SCP hit!

Top 3 :
* Apple - Hey Boy
* Eurogroove - Euronight
* Ace - Wait For You (Dancefloor Night Mix)

Worst 3 :
* Annalise Feat. Dave Rodgers - Unbelievable
* Mara Nell - パギャル
* Megan - 1.2.3.4 Live On the Dance Floor (I didn't know what to put here)

Honorable Mentions :
* Tri-Star - SEF Deluxe
* Domino - Para Girl (Domino's Girl Pop Mix)

Overall Rating : 9
Last edited by Lebon14 on 15 Nov 2008, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 14 Nov 2008, 06:16

Irene's song is just too epic, DELICIOUS!!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Nov 2008, 08:43

Lebon14
03. Hey Boy / Apple -Eurogrooves-

So, TIME's successor is here kicking beats for us. The song kicks off in a very energetic way. A great way to catch attention. Like it wasn't good enough, a badass riff follows the intro. Then, the first verse which is really surprising. I like how there's a pause betwween some words. The chorus is really energetic. I love those kind of songs. Only if they were all like that.

09. Euronight / Eurogroove -Eurogrooves-

EPIC INTRO IS EPIC. Absolutely love it. Really brings a party mood. From A to Z, this song is really, really what all Eurobeat songs must be. It's one of the best song on the album if not the best.

Rating :10+
I can't beleive how much we see eye to eye on these two songs.

All Eurobeat should sound like this :) :grin: :D

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 14 Nov 2008, 10:52

Here goes nothing :

Nack 5 - Domino & Kaioh
Album starts off with none other than one of my favourite female artist and of course, Frederico.We all heard the samples on the radio station's website and go gaga over it. As for me, this song is quite a surprise, in a bad way, while the short one did make me think that this song is by any means, groundbreaking, it isn't and we probably have a typical good song in our hands. Nothing too powerful, just good. Maybe they could just cut down on the masses of 79.5 and Nack 5.
Grade : 9 1/2

Hey Boy - Apple
Eurogrooves! New label, new start. Nice melody? Check that. Vocals? Check it as well, but the chorus didn't exactly catch me by any means but no, don't get me wrong, this is a fairly good song by any means, good for an occasional groove. Like Nack 5, it isn't groundbreaking but we do have a good song in our hands.
Grade : 8 1/2

1,2,3,4 Live on dance floor - Megan
Well Well, Quite frankly when I see this song by SinclaireStyle, I had almost 0 expectations for this song for the fact that the songs they released so far has yet to catch me by any means (Other than the 0.01% because of the cool name), but wait, they had to prove me wrong and not only did they prove me wrong, they did it hard, This track has an amazing melody and also the general feel hearing it is just wonderful. This is really a whole new different chapter from the previous releases, wonderful work by SS, if they keep this up, SS will be good.
Grade : 10 +++

Harajuku Night - Alphatown
What else can I say? Saifam is here again, with another song to get us on our feet but did they succeed this time? I guess not, because I sure didn't. Typical fare from Asia which does not match up to classics that they push out during the 160s. As usual, just a general good song, not very longlasting for sure but good for an occasional listen.
Grade : 7+

Para Girl - Domino
Domino, Domino, one of the top 3 female artist I like most. What's up with this song? I can't say I dislike it, but I didn't like it either. Back in 190, this song already did pass off as one of Domino's lower end songs and it doesn't change here either. Not bad, Not good. The melody isn't exactly catchy, and the chorus did sound half baked. Definitely not worth standing together with hits like Stop, Gotcha! and Game of my name.
Grade : 7-

Food Fighter - Irene
I don't know how I can review this song, seriously, I am not really a big fan of wacky songs but something about this song just makes me feel weird, on one hand, Something about the song makes me feel attracted to it, yet another something of the song puts me off so badly I cringe, I can't explain why either but I'll not grade this song for now as it will be unfair either way.
Grade : ---

SEF Deluxe - Tri-Star
Everytime I start this song, I think its Ride on my speedy car, but thats just me and that crowd cheering sound. This song has an absurd ending, thats for sure and - points for that, however, This song features a fairly catchy melody and also wonderful vocalwork by Tri-Star, a great song for anyone's singing pleasure and dance along as well, definitely longlasting fun.
Grade : 8+

Euronight - Eurogroove
More eurogroove and what do we have here? An effective track of course, this song is probably one of the faster tracks of this whole album and of course, an amazing melody that makes me want to groove to the music as well, the vocals on the other hand lags behind for a bit and the weird sounding middle part of the song sure made me laugh for a bit.
Grade : 9

Pagal - Mara Nell
Oh my god, what on earth is this? This song starts off with a fairly childish sounding like intro, and when it gets to main dish, well, it doesn't save the situation, the vocals are least to say ... fairly annoying and when the chorus comes in, I creeped out and skipped to the next song. Not good at all.
Grade : 5 1/2

A simply melody - Valery Scott
Another example of how samples and actual song can differ so much, in a bad way. When I heard the song on samples, I was pretty much feeling quite satisfied with it, It has a good melody, thats for sure, but the entire track as a whole just didn't feel quite right in place. Sorry, not this time, Skip.
Grade : 6

Tonight Tonight - Kevin Johnson
I am not a big fan to Kevin Johnson, thats for sure. His past releases to me are something like "Oh, another Kevin Johnson track, listen and forget", but this song of his sure made me got a little bit interested in him. I can't really say anything bad for this song but it sure doesn't rise up to amazing yet, I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next Kevin Johnson track.
Grade : 8

Unbelievable - Annalise feat. Dave Rodgers.
Nah, Nothing good. This would be put to shame if I compare it to the likes of Contact or Car of your dreams.Boring boring boring, maybe its good for a lullaby. *whistles*
Grade : 6

Wait For You [Dancefloor Night Mix] - Ace
I am generally not a big fan of slow eurobeats, but songs like Purple Emotion and this song especially made me realise how dumb I can be not to be a fan of slow eurobeats. This song is a cover from Elliot Yamin's same titled song and I would say that this Mix is better than the original. The chorus is unbelievably amazing, I said earlier that there is no groundbreaking song in this album, I take it back, this IS a groundbreaking song, and the irony is ... It is a slow song which melted me instead of the fast ones! Awesome job by SCP and of course, Mr Christian Codenotti. Wonderful masterpiece which could score a higher grade if its not a cover.
Grade : 10+++++

There we have 192, after an awesome beginning of the decade, we are now back into the not-so-typical SEB level. The bad songs in this album really bad bad bad big time. Even the jewels of the album couldn't save the situation by neutralising this album as the ratio is inbalanced. That said, The jewels of this album are something not to be missed, don't miss out on them. For now, we can only hope for the best for the 193, hope they don't fall even further than this.

Final Grade : 7 1/2

Best 3 songs :
Ace - Wait For You [Dancefloor Night Mix]
Megan - 1,2,3,4 Live On Dance Floor
Domino & Kaioh - Nack 5

Worst 3 songs :
Mara Nell - Pagal
Annalise feat Dave Rodgers - Unbelievable.
Valery Scott - A Simply Melody

Honorable Mention :
Eurogroove - Euronight
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 14 Nov 2008, 18:18

Top 5:

1. Eurogroove - Euronight (TIME is dead, long live Eurogrooves)
4. Domino & Kaioh - Nack 5
2. Tri-Star - SEF Deluxe
3. Mara Nell - Pagal(Pagyaru)
5. Alphatown - Harajuku Nights
Honorable Mentions: Irene - Food Fighter, Megan - 1234 Live On Dancefloor
Dishonorable mention: Dave & Annalise - Unbelievable(un-fucking-believably bad)

Why is everyone hating on Pagyaru(that's what the name should be)? Sounds like Run & Run, but better, IMO.
Baby Bazooka's most recent(as yet unreleased) song is also called Pagyaru, I wonder if it's her rendition of this, or a different song.
ABeatC got the short end of the stick again, had high hopes for them after 191, :(
And of course 90% of Annalise's recent songs suck; she's kind of getting up in her years(late 40's or so), then again there may be gems locked away in the vault NEVER TO BE HEARD MUAHAHAHAHAAHA.... :evil:

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 14 Nov 2008, 18:52

I'm a temporary "poor" spot right now, but once I have enough money to buy tracks, these will be on my list:

*Nack 5
*1,2,3,4, Live On the Dance Floor (I'll explain)
*SEF Deluxe
*Euronight
*Pagal
*Tonight Tonight
*Unbelievable
*Wait For You

About 1,2,3,4: I finally got to hear part of the synth riff in the clip... yes, the vocals and chorus are hardly new, but the synth riff seemed FAR more powerful than some of the previous misses, and even a couple of the previous hits. He hasn't made a HUGE turn for the better but it's clearly a step in the right direction, if what I can hear is true.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 14 Nov 2008, 20:47

This album is pretty cool actually - better than the samples suggested (which is a trend recently!)

FULL REVIEW OF SUPER EUROBEAT 192

02. NACK 5 / DOMINO & KAIOH (GGM) [04:49]
A bit surprised to hear such a short intro, but it's cool as it means we don't have long to wait until that awesome power synth hook kicks in. In contrast with what the vast majority of the community feels, I don't actually think the repititions of "Nack 5" and "79.5" are that bad. Especially during the the hook, the Nack 5's are a cute little sing-a-long gimmick, just like the P-A-R-A-G-I-R-L in Para Girl. The two vocalists work very well together here, and Freddy in particular sounds like he has a promising future (I just love the power he puts into "baby you're a radio star!") I was unsure about the verse at first as I didn't think it blended well into the chorus, but after a couple of listens, everything seems to flow much better. I also adore the section at 03:08 when they vocals go "point fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive" and the synth kicks in again. A cute and catchy start to the album that continues GGM's strong recent showing - long may it continue (hopefully with some super-strong Ace-style solo tracks for Freddy!!)
SCORE: 10

03. HEY BOY / APPLE (Eurogrooves) [05:20]
Dall'ora clearly still hasn't lost his touch with the super-hard mega-boost kick drum, but it's his signature I guess!! This one starts off quite aggressive with lots of deep synths and beats, but for me the jewel of this song is the chorus. The melody isn't anything particular unique and it's not breaking any boundaries lyrically, but there is something about the delivery and background production that makes me want to crank the volume on my stereo to the max! The synth hook continues the trend of aggression and power and contrasts nicely against Elena's pure vocals. The verses have a unique structure that draws the listener in as well, before the classic melody of the bridge and that epic chorus once again. From this showing, Dall'ora has made a most welcome return to the Super Eurobeat series - here's hoping for more female tracks like this in the future from Eurogrooves!
SCORE: 9+

04. 1.2.3.4. LIVE ON DANCE FLOOR / MEGAN (SinclaireStyle) [05:01]
Oh wow, this is a lot catchier than I thought it would be. First of all, I adore the muted synth line starting at 00:13 as it builds the tension nicely along with the snare fill to the main hook. The hook itself seems brighter and more joyful than the sample suggested, which is a good thing. Megan's vocals during the verse could use a volume boost though, as the backing track seems to overpower them at times. The chorus is one of the highlights, with its happy sing-a-long structure and lyrics. I can actually imagine people bouncing around to this at a house party, which means it fits well into the theme of this CD, right? Overall, I am surprised at how much I like this - it suggests that after the awesome Move On Now Baby, Megan is clearly emerging as the strongest alias on SinclaireStyle's modern Eurobeat catalogue, and while I'm unsure of the staying power of this track, it certainly appeals to my happy party side for now.
SCORE: 9

05. HARAJUKU NIGHTS / ALPHATOWN (Asia) [04:39]
Wow, this is a surprising intro. The chorus and hook from the sample suggested a minor-key for this track, but this intro is clearly a lot more sprightly and sounds more like it is performed in a major-key. I like the cute computer-game style bleeps, and the way the female backing vocals come in gradually before the guitar explodes into life and the male vocals herald the move to the more powerful minor key. The hook here is one of the most powerful and direct ones that I have heard from Asia on SEB for a while, and it really draws me into the song. The verse sounds like a fusion of countless other Asia tracks, but it all works nicely. The chorus - as I've said previously - reminds me bizarrely of Oh Oh Cowboy. I don't honestly know why!! The breakdown in this track (around 3 minutes) is pretty unique, and I can see a full-on dance-off going on at that point. Overall, this track seems to try a few different techniques than your standard cookie-cutter Asia track and it's certainly a lot catchier than I first imagined.
SCORE: 9

06. PARA GIRL <DOMINO GIRL'S POP MIX> / DOMINO (GGM) [04:37]
I still adore this track, but I can't help but feel a little cheated by this "remix". I had hoped for something a bit more radical than the 190 version, but instead what we are left with is essentially the audio from the ending of the 190 DVD. The only way this differs from the 190 version is the different notes during the chorus (which aren't as good as the 190 version) and of course the addition of the 1st verse and ending. The production and everything else remains identical. So I'm left with a dilemma - do I grade this based on the song alone or do I compare it to the 190 version before grading? I already ripped the audio from the DVD and added the ending to the 190 version, so I'll still probably listen to it more, but I have to let my score reflect how happy and bouncy this track is and how much it still makes me smile.
SCORE: 9+

07. FOOD FIGHTER / IRENE (SCP) [04:44]
I really hate that brash bass sound that is used during the intro. It makes this track sounds really cheap and rushed. Happily, things start to sound a bit more complete and cheerier by the time we've reached the main hook. Irene sounds cute with her "It's delicious!!" and those two little words more or less sum up the overall feeling of this track. It doesn't try to be to serious, and as such it will never become a classic in my opinion (all the debates on the forum going on about the Kiki & Co syndrome apply here) but for what it is, this song is pretty catchy and a cute piece of nonsense that is more catchy everytime I listen to it. The production on the whole keeps things interesting with subtle sound effects here and there that add to the cartoon party atmosphere. Bizarre to hear an SCP fadeout, but aside from that this track is fine if you don't take it too seriously.
SCORE: 8

08. SEF DELUXE / TRI-STAR (Hi-NRG Attack) [04:34]
I somehow expected more hype around this track, but I'm glad that it hasn't become too talked about as it gives me no preconceptions. The intro is strong with the sequential bassline and crowd noises creating and sense of anticipation and a real stadium atmosphere. When the synth hook kicks in, I can see an entire nightclub erupting into a frenzy in my head with the energy and power. The overall production feels more complete than other HRG female-led productions and I can tell that this track will last well into the future. The breakdowns have the typical HRG regimental approach of dropping the kick drum, dropping the vocals, dropping the synths in succession which is endearing but a bit predictable at the same time, but I liked the Super Euro Flash at the very end as it reminds us just how influential HRG have been as a label, especially with crowd-pleasing tracks like this.
SCORE: 9-

09. EURONIGHT / EUROGROOVE (Eurogrooves) [05:14]
The muted and slightly cheesy first few measures of this track made me wonder whether Dall'ora had gone mad, but thankfully he soon remembers what has endeared him to so many Eurobeat fans over the years - big, brash and brilliant power chords and beats combined with testosterone-fuelled vocals! The section from 00:21 should tell you everything you need to know about this track. The raw power in the vocals teamed with the rich synths and deep kick drum make for an absolutely mind-blowing combination. The energy never dips during the whole song and the structure of the track truly makes the most of the extended format, which is great to see. I love the fact that Dall'ora has somehow managed to show two completely different productions that both have the same raw power and energy. This track is definitely the "alpha male" of this album, much like Runaway was on 191. Love it!
SCORE: 10++

10. PAGAL / MARA NELL (Hi-NRG Attack) [04:17]
The vocals in this track still sound really obnoxious to me for some reason, and I still get the impression that the label has tried a bit too hard to appeal to the Japanese audience by trying to be cutesy and use Japanese phrases to force people into liking the song. Just comparing the production values alone to SEF Deluxe, Pagal suffers from a couple of classic HRG problems - the frantic tom-tom fills that detract from the vocals (or at least to me they do) and the slightly empty feel of the verses. The vocal melody tries some tricks to make things a bit more interesting, but overall I'm still left feeling a bit annoyed by the song. Just a shame this didn't follow the next track...
SCORE: 7

11. A SIMPLY MELODY / VALERY SCOTT (Asia) [05:06]
Oh sweet lord, we've been transported back in time to the late 90's!! This whole production just sounds painfully dated, and not in an endearing way. There is absolutely no appealing synth hook to speak of - that bell chime line sounds pathetically underwhelming and in no way represents a clear hook in the song. The vocals sound wispy and dated along with the 90's percussion. However, the worst is saved until the chorus. The dum-didi-dums during this section are a combination of creepy and annoying and somehow make me think of being trapped in a haunted house with your annoying aunts and uncles chasing you around - it gives me a feeling of dread and fear and yet still manages to make my skin crawl. The Butterfly connection is lamentable as well, as it seems like a cheap trick to attract more people into the song, and I really don't want this to be some people's first experience of Eurobeat. One of the worst Asia tracks I've ever heard, and definitely the worst track on this album.
SCORE: 4-

12. TONIGHT, TONIGHT / KEVIN JOHNSON (Delta) [06:12]
2 Unlimited in the house!! That intro is soooo old-school it hurts, but this track is actually quite cool in a retro stylee! I've been listening to older SEBs and the Maharaja Night albums a lot recently, and so I'm into the classic sounding synths where reverb was unheard of and the bass riffs were meaty and hypnotic. Kevin has always had one of the clearest male vocals in my eyes and this only helps to strengthen the retro early 90's feel that this track has. It's like SAW but with a few more BPM's and a lot more depth. I adore the little synth quirks in the chorus after the line "I'm crazy for you" and overall this just sounds like a very well written and produced song. Sure it doesn't have the raw power of Euronight or the modern touches of Nack 5, but there is something very endearing about the track that has surprised me. This is how retro should sound!
SCORE: 8+

13. UNBELIEVABLE / ANNALISE feat. D. RODGERS (A-Beat C) [04:34]
Oh god, this is pretty awful! The intro is pretty much your typical modern A-Beat C intro - a bunch of sounds and noises put together into something like a coherent pattern, but which don't really bear any great resemblence to the actual song. Not that I wanted the intro to sound like the song anyway, because aside from the synth hook (which holds some old A-Beat C charm in its simplicity), the song as a whole is just rubbish. I can't live without you, you make me feel so special, I want to spend my life with you - mush, mush, mush, mush!! I really wish Dave and Annalise would get it on already - then maybe we'd be spared from all these god-awful flirtations that clog the arteries with their sugary sentiments and make me feel physically sick. This is like Valentino's Day part II - and that's a very bad thing!
SCORE: 4+

14. WAIT FOR YOU <DANCEFLOOR NIGHT MIX> / ACE (SCP) [04:38]
I'd never actually heard the original version of this song, so this is actually my first experience of the melody and lyrics. My first thought is how much I adore that piano intro - it's sincere and atmospheric without being too sickly sweet. When the beat drops I can see strobe lights and dancers in white dresses in my head, and I can tell that what is coming will be something special. Ace's vocals sound divine - it's so great to hear him actually hold back for once and without the shouting, I can hear a nice vulnerability in his vocal delivery. The melody of this track really draws me in - I can't help but sing-a-long to the chorus and relate the lyrics to my own life. I adore the production techniques that SCP have used - not too much but just enough tricks and quirks to keep the song moving. Initially, I was really disappointed that we weren't getting treated to another Futureland-style track, but in retrospect I'm so glad that we've been able to hear this side of Ace once again and after listening to the original, I can say it's easily the best Eurobeat cover I've ever heard.
SCORE: 10++++

TOP 3:
WAIT FOR YOU <DANCEFLOOR NIGHT MIX> / ACE
EURONIGHT / EUROGROOVE
NACK 5 / DOMINO & KAIOH

BOTTOM 3:
A SIMPLY MELODY / VALERY SCOTT
UNBELIEVABLE / ANNALISE feat. D. RODGERS
PAGAL / MARA NELL

HONOURABLE MENTION:
HEY BOY / APPLE

Overall impression: A really good album with far more hits than misses. I actually liked the retro ending to the album and the return of Dall'ora is definitely very welcome judging from the strong performances of Apple and Eurogroove. Ace was the star of this album with his genuine and vulnerable performance of a really touching song. If only Valery Scott and the Annalise tracks had been replaced, I may have been able to say that I enjoyed every track to some degree.

OVERALL SCORE: 8+

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 14 Nov 2008, 21:11

Lebon14 wrote: 10. &#12497;&#12462;&#12515;&#12523; / Mara Nell -Hi-NRG Attack-

Pagyaru! Not "Pagal"!
Pagal is a Japanese term hence why it's ponounced pagyaru, however it is an anglicism so it retains it's original spelling when being spelled in English.

Nack 5 is SO effective as a giant advertisement. I can't get the damn thing out of my head. Ace's vocals for Wait For You are so heavenly sweet &#9829;

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 14 Nov 2008, 21:54

Ace just made me gay. Damn. <3

Also... Ess Eee Efff Delax! ;P

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 Nov 2008, 01:11

wolftickets1969 wrote: Why is everyone hating on Pagyaru(that's what the name should be)? Sounds like Run & Run, but better, IMO.
Baby Bazooka's most recent(as yet unreleased) song is also called Pagyaru, I wonder if it's her rendition of this, or a different song.
Run and Run was ALOT better, Pagal to me was technically "unlistenable", the moment the song starts, I was already not feeling at home, and when the song goes full blast, it gets even worse and when the chorus kicks in, that does it, I skip to the next song.

Of course, that is just me. :grin:
A ray of sun~

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 Nov 2008, 01:14

the_ditz wrote:
BOTTOM 3:
A SIMPLY MELODY / VALERY SCOTT
UNBELIEVABLE / ANNALISE feat. D. RODGERS
PAGAL / MARA NELL

Hey, your bottom 3 is the same as mine. :grin:
A ray of sun~

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Nov 2008, 03:55

Bore wrote:Irene's song is just too epic, DELICIOUS!!
Yup, epic.
When will be your review? I'm looking forward to see how you rate this album!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 15 Nov 2008, 04:40

The review is probably gonna be done at the end of next week at earliest. Depends a bit on various things, but somewhat *cough* pre-occupied this weekend at least.