Super Eurobeat 192

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 18 Nov 2008, 17:01

I guess I fall in somewhat of a same field as Jay... not quite that far though, but over all the initial impressions were quite positive but after what.. a week of looping there have been mainly just 3 songs that have stuck and made it to my iPod.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 18 Nov 2008, 17:37

I still don't get what all the fuss is about Hey Boy - the synth in the instrumental is dire!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 18 Nov 2008, 18:01

DJ Mike TJG wrote:I still don't get what all the fuss is about Hey Boy - the synth in the instrumental is dire!
I like the "Uh Uh Uh" part. :D

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 18 Nov 2008, 18:47

Mu-Mo to the rescue: (Thank goodness)

No problems with Hey Boy here. Hell, its one of the best tracks on the album imo. (The first being Euronight and SEF Deluxe being second)
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 18 Nov 2008, 20:10

Hrm...my top 5 for this album goes to:

NAK 5
WAIT FOR YOU
FOOD FIGHTER
SEF DELUXE
PARA GIRL

I was impressed with the EUROGROOVE tracks on this cd, but they're not on constant rotation right now.

Additionaly, I wasn't terribly thrilled with TONIGHT TONIGHT. Am I crazy or is the new K.J. vocalist the same guy that did RUNNING NINJA. I miss my old K.J. vocalist (and yeah, I only know the actual names of 6 singers in the eurobeat world so sue me)!

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 18 Nov 2008, 23:54

para_rigby wrote: Additionaly, I wasn't terribly thrilled with TONIGHT TONIGHT. Am I crazy or is the new K.J. vocalist the same guy that did RUNNING NINJA. I miss my old K.J. vocalist (and yeah, I only know the actual names of 6 singers in the eurobeat world so sue me)!
I think it was still Kevin Budresi.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Jion

Post by Jion » 19 Nov 2008, 00:53

zoupzuop2 wrote:
para_rigby wrote: Additionaly, I wasn't terribly thrilled with TONIGHT TONIGHT. Am I crazy or is the new K.J. vocalist the same guy that did RUNNING NINJA. I miss my old K.J. vocalist (and yeah, I only know the actual names of 6 singers in the eurobeat world so sue me)!
I think it was still Kevin Budresi.
You mean Davide Budresi. As for Kevin Johnson, the vocalist hasn't changed. Save for maybe one or two songs that Sinclaire produced under that name (that singer was De Jorio) years ago, it's always been Budresi.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 19 Nov 2008, 01:58

I fall in the same line as well,

192 is perhaps the album which initially passes off as typical good, but gets worse as I listen to it more, except for a few songs. It really doesn't cut it out for me at the moment.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Nov 2008, 02:17

#Infinity
Jay wrote:
Either way, 192 sounds even more terrible the more I listen to it. It's the second worst SEB I've listened to of all time, behind 167, which may even topple it down the line.

Whoah, are you serious, man? I would never expect a rating that negative for this release.

192 the second worst seb of all TIME? You are on your own on that thought. I don't understand where the hate for 167 came from either?

Disco Energy
Idol
Sex Gun
Sun The Rain
Chemical Love
Ding A Ling 2006
Heart & Go
Don't You Braek My Heart Tonight= All great songs
even Yeah and Walking In The Shadow sounded good to me.

We definately heard different cds here :???:

I got Euro Night on my sony ericsson cel. Each TIME it rings Erurogroove sings :D

Jion

Post by Jion » 19 Nov 2008, 03:15

drnrg wrote:#Infinity
Jay wrote:
Either way, 192 sounds even more terrible the more I listen to it. It's the second worst SEB I've listened to of all time, behind 167, which may even topple it down the line.

Whoah, are you serious, man? I would never expect a rating that negative for this release.

192 the second worst seb of all TIME? You are on your own on that thought. I don't understand where the hate for 167 came from either?

Disco Energy
Idol
Sex Gun
Sun The Rain
Chemical Love
Ding A Ling 2006
Heart & Go
Don't You Braek My Heart Tonight= All great songs
even Yeah and Walking In The Shadow sounded good to me.

We definately heard different cds here :???:

I got Euro Night on my sony ericsson cel. Each TIME it rings Erurogroove sings :D
I agree with drnrg, 167 was an amazing CD. Time was definately good here with Idol and Ding A Ling 2006 (my fav remake). Every label had great songs on this album. 192 though isn't as much of a powerhouse as 167 was but the songs on there are pretty good. I just expected something more from Eurogrooves than I got. I got the same old which isn't what I wanted.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 19 Nov 2008, 04:33

I absolutely adore the first half of SEB 167, making it easily one of the better albums of the 160's (though 168 is the only release that REALLY stood out for me that decade), but after Walkin' In The Shadow the level wasn't so hot. Only Give Me Another Chance really stood out to me from tracks 10 to 18.

Nonetheless, I agree with drnrg. If I had to pick out a truly poor SEB album, I'd definitely mention 129 and 114 as my bottom 2 picks. Both releases have dreadfully poor levels until the very end of the CD, and out of both, 114's only actual standout for me is Fever The Night, while 129 is the only SEB ever imo that has absolutely no really good songs on it (Fevernova is nice, but still not Dave's best).

EDIT: It really makes me sad to see such negativity arise towards SEB 192 all of a sudden. If Bore apparently only likes 3 songs on this CD (of which I already pretty much have in-mind), then I'm REALLY not looking forward to seeing his rating for Pagal based on the comments made for it otherwise. :(
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Nov 2008, 10:20

I basically like all the sebs, but if I had to choose a dismal ones for me would be 151 and 156. I really only listen to a few songs of those two-

Dave Simon
Maxx Duccati
Tam Arrow
Oda

Jackson O
Jock Lee
The Girls
someTIMEs Eurofunk and Micky B.

...and of course 187 wich only contained a handfull of good songs for me.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 19 Nov 2008, 14:40

#Infinity wrote: EDIT: It really makes me sad to see such negativity arise towards SEB 192 all of a sudden. If Bore apparently only likes 3 songs on this CD (of which I already pretty much have in-mind), then I'm REALLY not looking forward to seeing his rating for Pagal based on the comments made for it otherwise. :(
192 is probably not a longlasting album, it probably is the kind of album which is good for a listen occasionally (Save for some songs which are worth going back to and some which are absolutely un-listenable), but definitely not one where I can hear for a day and doesn't get old.

Still, like I said, 192 is by no means a bad album, if not over-listened, that is the characteristics of 192, it isn't longlasting fun. Thats just me.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 19 Nov 2008, 21:04

drnrg wrote: I got Euro Night on my sony ericsson cel. Each TIME it rings Erurogroove sings :D
haha I have Adrenaline as my ringtone (bar a few custom ringtones for some friends) - whenever I get a call you hear Manual going "AAAAAAAAAAH ADRENALINE!!!" hahaha

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 19 Nov 2008, 21:39

Nine wrote:
drnrg wrote: I got Euro Night on my sony ericsson cel. Each TIME it rings Erurogroove sings :D
haha I have Adrenaline as my ringtone (bar a few custom ringtones for some friends) - whenever I get a call you hear Manual going "AAAAAAAAAAH ADRENALINE!!!" hahaha
I had Every Night by Luca T. on my cellphone for a couple of months. What a dream boat.

Then the phone fell in a toilet.

Double crap.

---
BTW, I really don't think this is a weak album by any means. Just look at the some of the albums during the 150s and 160s...not bad by comparison.