SEB Package to be released on iTunes in November

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 02 Dec 2008, 02:03

Nine wrote:
WNight wrote:
DJ Mike TJG wrote: I'm sorry, did I stamp on a nerve there?

I love Dave's older stuff dating way back. But ever since the mid-160s, all his stuff has done nothing but irritate me - his atrocious remake of Make Up Your Mind, replacing Neo on Disco Fire, The VIP is JP.

The one song I've really enjoyed recently was his duet with Annalise on Unbelievable, but that seems like a rare gem in an increasing mountain of dirt.

You may love him to death, but for me the guy has had his hayday! You can't say he hasn't had anything but an exceptionally good run - more than most singers ever really get! Maybe there's still more good stuff in him, but I'm failing to hear it in the last couple of years.

And I've been listening to Eurobeat for enough years now to form my own "bold statements", thanks!
I have to disagree on VIP is JP, to me, it is a song that is too good for words, unbelievably catchy as well it just cannot make me dislike DR or think that he is history, but as usual, I respect your views as well due to different taste within people.
:wink:
VIP is JP is probably the only recent Dave song I absolutely go crazy over. All because it's Junction Produced. :D
Neigh,

Make Up Your Mind Remake is cool.
Red Core is cool.
Watch Out is cool.
California Dreaming is cool.
The Final Game is cool
VIP is JP is cool.
Sun City 2008 is cool.

Pretty much everything about Dave is cool, I think if I really had to pick one not very impressive song by him, it would be back in the 11x era, a.k.a Lets go to the show K2 the auto messe.

:grin: :P
Last edited by WNight on 02 Dec 2008, 06:47, edited 4 times in total.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 02 Dec 2008, 02:04

#Infinity wrote:VIP is pretty weak. It really doesn't have anything special over Dave's other performances melodically, and the synths are just super watery and infirm. The only song I've really enjoyed from Dave since the 160's was Sun City 2008, which was a cover.
Watery synths ?

More synth problems ? :P
A ray of sun~

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 02 Dec 2008, 02:06

Brisk wrote:If we want to conclude a bad DR song that everyone can agree on, it should be Make Up Your Mind and not VIP or Disco Fire.
Unfortunately,

I don't want to agree with you, Make Up Your Mind is a well done, catchy remake of the already marvellous version by Wain L, this is probably what I define as Marvellous old version + Marvellous new remake = 2X Marvellous.

Edit : Blasting Make Up Your Mind now and it is still good.

:P
Last edited by WNight on 02 Dec 2008, 06:44, edited 2 times in total.
A ray of sun~

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 02 Dec 2008, 02:08

para_rigby wrote:
valiant wrote:
Brisk wrote:If we want to conclude a bad DR song that everyone can agree on, it should be Make Up Your Mind and not VIP or Disco Fire.
Who made you board leader? Lets not do that, since I happened to like Make Up Your Mind.
On it's own, MUYM is not a bad song per se, but when you put it up against the Wain L version, there's not much left to say.

BTW, how does "Love In The Elevator" sound?
You hit me hard,

I have been dying to hear a lot of Dave Rodgers's unreleased music and now that there is a special collection album, I ended up not being able to buy them. Dave Rodgers aside, there's Domino, Fastway and Ace etc. All of whom are my favourite artists, and I can only see people listening to them.

Pure blasphemy.

:???: :grin:
Last edited by WNight on 02 Dec 2008, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
A ray of sun~

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 02 Dec 2008, 02:09

the_ditz wrote:
valiant wrote:
Who made you board leader? Lets not do that, since I happened to like Make Up Your Mind.
Agreed, I really enjoy that song, and actually prefer it to the Wain L. version. Yes, I realise I'm mostly alone, but I like being rebelious! :P
You aren't alone,

I am pretty much with you on Dave's modernized version. :grin:
A ray of sun~

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 02 Dec 2008, 06:20

the_ditz wrote:
Bore wrote:Not Gonna Get Us.
Another song I really enjoyed. Seriously, I've decided that I love all Dave Rodgers tracks that the wider Eurobeat fanbase can't stand! :D
Nah, I enjoyed both 'Make Up Your Mind' and 'Not Gonna Get Us' too and hate most of Pasquini's other stuff.

Speaking of which, nobody commented on his unreleased iTunes track 'Fever'. I'm not sure if this was released on one of Dave's personal albums, but this is the first I've heard of it. Granted, it's very old, but I really, really enjoy it. It has a vicious edge to it rarely seen in most of A-Beat C's productions these days.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 02 Dec 2008, 06:50

Bore wrote:Not Gonna Get Us.
That song wasn't too bad of a remake either, I do have to agree with you that its is probably not as catchy as the original by *gulp*, t.A.t.u but seeing as I totally gave up mainstream music and resigned myself to just eurobeat these days. It would suffice.

:grin:
A ray of sun~

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 02 Dec 2008, 07:49

WNight, meet the edit button: Image

Maybe use it next time to edit your posts to add more content instead of posting back to back. ^^;

Jion

Post by Jion » 02 Dec 2008, 10:55

Nine wrote:WNight, meet the edit button: Image

Maybe use it next time to edit your posts to add more content instead of posting back to back. ^^;
pwned.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 02 Dec 2008, 14:07

See the image ? Image

You think I don't know about an edit button ? I just felt that it was more appropriate to respond individually instead of chunking everything into one long post. I am sure no one likes looking at long posts.

Or do you ?
A ray of sun~

Jion

Post by Jion » 02 Dec 2008, 15:05

WNight wrote:

See the image ? Image

You think I don't know about an edit button ? I just felt that it was more appropriate to respond individually instead of chunking everything into one long post. I am sure no one likes looking at long posts.

Or do you ?
We just wanna cut down on the amount of posts. It clutters the forum and makes navigating the topics a little more difficult. That's what Phil was trying to say in his sarcastic tone. We mention this to all members, not just you.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 02 Dec 2008, 16:46

Seriously, the last thing we need here is another wolftickets
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 02 Dec 2008, 17:07

More seriously, this stuff is written up quite succinctly in the Forum Guidelines over in the Announcements area:
2. If you post a 2nd message on the same thread after your own message, please use the edit function instead of adding a new message.
Those who haven't read them already would do well to take 5 minutes out to have a look! :)

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Dec 2008, 19:20

valiant wrote:Seriously, the last thing we need here is another wolftickets
C'mon. No need to be snide.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 02 Dec 2008, 19:45

Now now boys, settle down settle down. I have candy.