Eurobeat Songs That Make Your Ears Bleed

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 17 Dec 2008, 07:32

Another 10 to add to my list

Para Girl - Domino
The more I listen to this, the more I hate it. This song is seriously short of expectations. It's not very catchy overall and that ruins it for me. If I remembered correctly, the last Domino's Bullseye was GGWYWGG. Domino still sounds good, but when the overall song structure touches rock bottom, Lets just say that even Domino cannot save the situation. Probably one of the worst songs she has done in a while.

I Am Cyberella - Cyberella
The f**k is with this song ? As if we hadn't got enough of a stupid introduction this song has, a whole kindergarten theme song just keep on playing in my head when I try to give this song a chance, and THAT is NOT a good sign for me. This song would suit a Play school theme album best, but on SEB ? No No No Thanks.

Love Is Like A Fight - Mark Gillian
I have never been a fan of Gambogi(On My Radio aside), Vocalwork is too weird for me, but what do you get when you add weird sounding vocalwork and an incredibly and frighteningly boring tune ? That's right, a piece of garbage, and this song is just that. I got nothing more to say.

Harajuku Girls - Mad Cow & The Harajuku Angels
Now what ? More weird sounding songs like that ? Let me start by saying that the incredibly annoying introduction is enough to turn me off big time, but no, I felt I had to be fair and who knows ? It could be one of those songs whose intro sucks yet it is a good song, really ? No, of course not, not only is the whole song irritating the heck out of me, there are even clips of the annoying intro stamped all over the song, it is enough to turn me off for good. *Thumbs down*

Be The One - Mr. M
What else can we expect ? This song blows big time, Falls into the same category as Love is like a fight, except a little more energy-ish, but still, it doesn't save the song from drowning in the lackluster pool of bad songs.

A Simply Melody - Valery Scott
I still don't get whats up with this song, how come it sounds so good on the sample, yet blows big time on the actual song. It doesn't have a bad melody actually, the vocalwork ain't too bad either, but this song as a whole is just a broken record. Maybe its because the song sounds like that weird butterfly song ...

Lets Go Wild - Niko
Whatever happened ? How come we are not getting songs like Superbad or Pilot Is The Hero ? I always considered the Niko title to be legendary (Night Of Fire,anyone?), but what the heck is this? To make matters worse, we are talking about quite a big gap in between Pilot Is The Hero and Lets Go Wild so ironically, Lets Go Wild sounds like it has been a rushed piece. No more songs like that ever please ?

Love Me Again - Delta Queens
I hate doing this, I LOVE the Delta Queens title a lot, I really do. Still, I cannot help but list this song as ... Well, disappointing and boring. Prior to this song, we have had a few big hits dished out by the queen, but this song feels washed out, Thankfully, they hadn't stick with the same formula and presented me with a lot more catchy songs like Hello Hello! and Damn Damn My Heart.

People Like Dancing - Mega NRG Man
Lets face it, Every labels has had to have its own fair share of sucky times and even my all time favourite A-Beat-C is no exception. I have to admit that the recent performances by NRG Man are lacking behind as compared to earlier decades (Rock On Fire aside) but this song just blows my mind. I still haven't lost faith in NRG Man yet so I am still positive he WILL have good songs.

Pararappa Dance - Kiki & Fancy
This song is probably a hit for anyone who is a big fan of happy and wacky eurobeat. I, myself don't exactly dislike them either, well Roly Poly Rock was good, although not groundbreaking, Go Bananas was fairly okay, though it didn't last. I prefer aggressive eurobeat overall, I admit, but this song is just THAT bad. It is not the least bit catchy and it kinda annoys me, although not as bad as a certain song I shan't name. Thankfully enough, a good song is next after this on 185.

Well, I have a knack for comparing songs in reviews.

:P [/u]
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Dec 2008, 07:53

WNight
You are just having a ball with this topic aren't you? :P

Maybe I'll come up with another 10 as well.

zoupzuop2
wolftickets1969 wrote:

Max Coveri - Supercar

Seeing as this isn't the only time this is mentioned... why does everyone dislike it? It's one of my favorites hands-down.
I gotta agree. This was definately one of SEB 101's highlights. along with tracks 1,2,6,8,10 and 16.[/quote]

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 17 Dec 2008, 08:01

drnrg wrote:I gotta agree. This was definately one of SEB 101's highlights. along with tracks 1,2,6,8,10 and 16.
Count me in, too. It's a hard, fast, aggressive male performance that definitely sticks out amongst other tracks of its kind. It's not as good as much of an instant classic as Speedway for me, but it's also quite a contender, nonetheless.
ImageImage

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 17 Dec 2008, 09:08

wolftickets1969 wrote:Dave Rodgers - The Final Game: Game over. Sounds stoned or drunk. Worst Rodgers song evar.
Max Coveri - Supercar
Leo River - Runaway: ear-splitting vocals, especially with the warping/Antares Autotune-type effects, sounds like a Justin Timberlake wannabe
Go2 - Purple Emotion
Oh my god ... I am going to faint, how could these be bad? :grin:

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 17 Dec 2008, 09:12

drnrg wrote:WNight
You are just having a ball with this topic aren't you? :P

Maybe I'll come up with another 10 as well.

zoupzuop2
wolftickets1969 wrote:

Max Coveri - Supercar

Seeing as this isn't the only time this is mentioned... why does everyone dislike it? It's one of my favorites hands-down.
I gotta agree. This was definately one of SEB 101's highlights. along with tracks 1,2,6,8,10 and 16.
Sorry,

As much as I have many things to love about eurobeat, I have my fair share of issues with a lot of songs, there are at least more than 30 I want to rant about, but I'll keep it and hold it back for now. I don't want to unleash my wrath on some too soon or it will make this thread really really long, which I don't want and you guys probably won't want to see a super long post either.

Also, I agree with you on supercar, seriously, is there a TIME song you don't like ? :grin:

My highlights are probably 1,4,7,14,16 and of course, my all time favourite 15.

Speaking of 101, I want to add another dumb song to my list, Track 17, as if I hasn't got enough of the horrible original, this one just s**ks badly. Flush down the drain. 8)

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 17 Dec 2008, 20:15

DJ Mike TJG wrote:08 Mega NRG Man / Let It Go
- What in the love of god is going on in that intro? I single this song out in particular, but you can pretty much take every Mega NRG Man song that was under A-Beat C in the last year and tar it with the same brush. It's anyone's guess why they let things get so bad for this name, but it's time to let Go Go's take this one permanently!
So, when I read the first sentence, I read 'What is the love god doing in that intro?' and I LOL'd soooo much... XD!

Anyway. Betty Blue - Lollipop Banana (from Super Eurobeat 152) is the worst song in eurobeat according to my ears. And that is all I have to say.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 17 Dec 2008, 20:56

I'm still trying to get opver wolftickets including My Sweet Forever in his list... :o

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Dec 2008, 23:32

WNight
Sorry,

As much as I have many things to love about eurobeat, I have my fair share of issues with a lot of songs, there are at least more than 30 I want to rant about, but I'll keep it and hold it back for now. I don't want to unleash my wrath on some too soon or it will make this thread really really long, which I don't want and you guys probably won't want to see a super long post either.

Also, I agree with you on supercar, seriously, is there a TIME song you don't like ?
No don't stop. I was being sarcastic :P

Yeah, the one I don't like from TIME is Nayr- All Alone.

Sadie
Anyway. Betty Blue - Lollipop Banana (from Super Eurobeat 152) is the worst song in eurobeat according to my ears. And that is all I have to say

QFT. I couldn't believe this was Vibration.

Allright I gotta another 10 as well, but this TIME from mostly from AbeatC Maharaja Night era.. I'll tgo back to some older releases as well.

ABeatC- RCS- Black Jack Fever. (Maharaja Night vol. 03)
This one is one of AbeatC's most horrible compostions ever. You got 3 excerpts in the intro from Def Leppard classics. Photograph, Rock Of Ages and Let's Get Rocked that have nothing to do with that song, then some crap techno beats and must I add that Dave sounds really bad. His vocals sound way to forced. About the only redeeming quality is the bridge to the chorus Finally the synth riff has no imagination whatsoever.

ABeatC- Annerly Gordon- Planet Of The Warriors.(Maharaja Night vol. 08
From the horrendous intro I knew this song spelled trouble. This isn't even Eurobeat IMOP. Where is the catchy riff? She just starts singing to some distorted sounding guitar beats. I like agreesive Eurobeat as much as the next person, but this was a hideous mess to my ears. It's salvation would be a proper Eurobeat remix ala 2009 style.

ABeatC- Disco Vega- Hide Away(Maharaja Night vol. 08
This was ABeatC's low point in music styles. I normaly loved all David SRB's song for there catchy riffs and Dead Or Alive vibe, but this one just seemed to go on and on with no real musical peak whatsoever. David also sounded forced in the way he had to sing his melody line. It's almost like he wanted to sound like Nando, but fails. This song was epic fail.

ABeatC- RCS- Rocking The City(Maharaja Night vol. 08
I don't know what Dave & Co. were smoking during this TIME, but he had some hideous hideous intros to his songs. What he does here is try to recapture those riffs that made Aleph so popular and he did it on the spectacular sounding Hot Fire, but here he just loses all imagination. Aside form the riff, which does sound Aleph-like, he uses some odd melody line in the verses and bridge, which again makes his voacls sound forced and the tech stuff just sounds so out of place in this song, I always compelled to switch it off when they start to play.

ABeatC- Edo- Stranger(Maharaja Night vol. 08.
They even managed to ruin a Gino Caria song. This vinyl had two versions and frankly neither could be saved. Where to begin... The riff was total garbage and failed to have a proper Eurobeat vibe in the way it was played. Some of these songs were from some Hinoky team, so I hold them responsilbe for these atrocities. EveryTIME I would hear this song's break, my ears would literaly bleed. Honourable mention also goes to "Wanted"- by AbeatC team; which sounded more like Achoo Achoo the way Gino sang it.

ABeatC- Mike Skanner- Rock N Roll Superstar.(Super Eurobeat 032 )
It's really a shame how Dave & co. were writing such inimaginative songs ,because Gino had the best Eurobeat vocals ever. This was the worst entry for Mike Skanner. Once again this song showed total laziness in the melody and esp. in the Synth Riff, which was again, hideous. There was a part when the ABeatC piano beats surfaced, but for the most part this was an ugnly song with an even unbearable break.

ABeatC- Mega NRG Man- Strong Beat(Super Eurobeat 034)
This was Abeatc taking the famouse Dead Or Alive melody line and totally raping it a new A hole. The worst Mega NRG Man song ever from that era. Terrible intro. I didn't think it could get worse from Thomas than this, but as we allready heard, it has.

ABeatC- ABeatC Power feat. EDO, Dave & Domino.( Super Eurobeat 037 )
I hate this song. I really do. Once again wasted brlliant vocal work from Gino Caria. It amazes me how he would sing some of TIME's masterpiece and then return to AbeatC to sing on this mediocre tracks. Like I mentioned before, Achoo Achi is what the chorus sounded like and that was enuff for me to flip it off.

ABeatC- Virginelle- My Name Is Virginelle(Super Eurobeat 038)
Virginelle has had her share of mediocre songs, but this was the worst for me. Not beacuse of the melody, but more becuse of the hideous synth riff. If you call even call it that. To me ABeatC were running out of ideas and I had just about stopped purchasing thier vinyls, because of songs like this. Pity she had to choose this song for her "song" Does anyone even remember this one?

ABeatC- Derreck Simmons- Back To The Future( Super Eurobeat 048 )
...and I'm up to the last Thomas song from this list. This was a song that probly looked good on the drawing board, but once put on file sounded really tideous. I couldn't even remeber the synth line; which isn't a bad idea, but the way it's played loses all credibilty for a catchy riff. Thomas does sound good, but singing such mediocre lyrics didn't help this song. Once again crappy intro. The one good aspect is the excerpt taken from John Carpenter's soundtrack for Escape From New York. It's very subtle, but beleive me, it's there.

I know some of you will lash out on me on some of these songs, but compared to tru calssics from that era. ex: DoG Eat Dog, Sledge Hammer. O.K. All Right, Hurrican, Black Rain(there were planty) these were the worst of the bunch for my taste.

next TIME I'll take on saifam. New & Old.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 18 Dec 2008, 00:06

If I may also add in "Baila Mescalero" from the HRG camp. AKA, "HAY GUYZ LETS PUT THE SONG TITLES OF OUR HITS UP AGAINST A REALLY CAMPY SYNTH RIFF!"

...sorry. All great producers have their slumps, and this was HRG's answer to Delta's "Happy Phantom".
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 18 Dec 2008, 01:58

Fulvia Coupe - Mama Maria: one of HRG's attempts at Aishu-type Eurobeat, sometimes they pull it off(eg Louise - Memories, also sung by "?", Rick Castle - Xs In Love, Baby Gold - I'll Believe), but in this case they failed. Can anyone comprehend the lyrics, particularly in the sabi?:

My love is burning baby, into my heart
Needing my love, you make me feel hypnotized
I'm dreaming of you baby running to me
Oh baby can't you feel

Don't even change my mind
I feel my heart is jumping wild
I will turn off the light, baby
Love is tender tonight

Love you mama Maria
The paintings agree
I need you, my baby
And please me tonight
Oh mama Maria
I stand before the wind
And love you, my baby
You stemmed all the pain
Love you mama Maria
I'm lost in the sea
I'm seeing my baby
Can show me the way
Oh mama Maria
I'm ready for the real
Don't go away
And leave you out of my way

I'm like a stranger, baby, into your life
My room is holy, make me feel you twice
I'm running to you baby, like you with me
Oh baby can't you see

:evil:

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 18 Dec 2008, 03:15

drnrg wrote: Mega NRG Man- Strong Beat[/b](Super Eurobeat 034)
This was Abeatc taking the famouse Dead Or Alive melody line and totally raping it a new A hole. The worst Mega NRG Man song ever from that era. Terrible intro. I didn't think it could get worse from Thomas than this, but as we allready heard, it has.
But... But... MOVE UP YOUR ASS GIRL!! C'mon! I shout that line (and shake my ass) almost every time I hear the song... XD It's epic.

I find it entertaining you dislike several of the songs I like. lol. But that's all cool. Different 'tastes', per sé.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 18 Dec 2008, 03:24

WNight wrote:As much as I have many things to love about eurobeat, I have my fair share of issues with a lot of songs, there are at least more than 30 I want to rant about, but I'll keep it and hold it back for now. I don't want to unleash my wrath on some too soon or it will make this thread really really long, which I don't want and you guys probably won't want to see a super long post either.
I just question why you even listen to eurobeat if you hate every other song enough to make your head spin. The majority of tracks you've listed were produced within the last three years, and you say you have 30 more to list...

If I mentioned every eurobeat song I've ever disliked then I'd be listing them forever. 'Earbleedingly bad' productions, however, are on an entirely different level reserved only for the worst of the worst. That's how I see it anyway.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 18 Dec 2008, 04:42

Ok, My other five ...

Manga Super Robot - Babby One
You all probably know that I have been irritated badly by a particularly irritating song from 192, well, how about it's male counterpart ? Yes, I present to you : Manga Super Robot. This song features some of the most weird sounding vocals in a while, at least to me, the vocals don't work, the melody is not even catchy in the first place. The chorus is plain dull and boring and also irritating, which is probably the biggest part that contributes my dislike towards this song, I really tried hard to like this song, but no, of course not, especially in the companies of many good songs in 191, this song is a broken record.

Fantasy World - Annalise
We all been through kindergarten,nursery or playschool before, we probably heard the many "Sing-a-long" kids album that were designed for kids to sing along to and have fun. Well, how about an eurobeat made for the same purpose? Sounds Fun ? Yeah you bet it does, this song is all about that, for kids to sing along to and do wacky stuff to. All along when I hear this song, I keep on thinking of the days when I was in pre school when I sung similar sounding stuff, Not good at all.

Valentino's Day - Annalise
Back when Loverboy was released on 176, I wasn't expecting to get a better song than that, as it was probably one of the best Annalise songs to be released in a while among the many recent tracks she has done. Well, what do we know ? I was right. Valentino's Day is yet another track to add to the mediocre pool of Annalise songs that I don't fancy. The whole song is just trying its best to put me to sleep, so yeah, good for a lullaby when I need to sleep.

Tell Me - Dave & Nuage
When this song was released, I really wanted to give up on anymore Dave & X duets, because clearly, they screwed up time and time again. I am a very very very big fan of both Dave Rodgers and Nuage
but I cannot comprehend duets like these. Maybe I shouldn't hope for a new Contact, Car Of Your Dreams or Another Miracle anymore.

You And Me Forever - Kasanova
Plain boring.

Jay wrote:I just question why you even listen to eurobeat if you hate every other song enough to make your head spin. The majority of tracks you've listed were produced within the last three years, and you say you have 30 more to list...

If I mentioned every eurobeat song I've ever disliked then I'd be listing them forever. 'Earbleedingly bad' productions, however, are on an entirely different level reserved only for the worst of the worst. That's how I see it anyway.
If I want to talk about songs I dislike, then it is more than 100, because let me tell you, I have songs I dislike on almost every SEB album. 30 is already considered minimal and trust me when I say that the 30 or so mind exceedingly blowing bad songs are enough to drive me crazy, that is why I came up with it. I agree with you that if I were to list out every SEB song I dislike, then I would be here forever, but sorry, that ain't what I am going to do. I am just going to list what I want to express here and thats it and it is not going to be a huge list to annoy the crap out of anyone.

That said, I still love my eurobeat.
Last edited by WNight on 18 Dec 2008, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 18 Dec 2008, 04:55

AGAIN with the doubleposting, edit the posts instead of reposting new ones. Please read the rules and follow them. I've had to edit too many posts already which I shouldn't, I could just as well delete the doubles.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 18 Dec 2008, 05:14

Bore wrote:AGAIN with the doubleposting, edit the posts instead of reposting new ones. Please read the rules and follow them. I've had to edit too many posts already which I shouldn't, I could just as well delete the doubles.
Oh, I'm sorry, bad habit of mine I just can't seem to rid of, I will take notice of it more often. Thanks for the reminder.