Hi-nrg attack releases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 14 Jan 2009, 17:16

Double post, but release news so I hope that's okay...

Bazooka Girl & Friends has been released on Juno - tracklist and times are as follows:

01 BAZOOKA GIRL - BAZOOKA GIRL (extended) (05:15)
02 TRI-STAR - WE ARE THE TEENS (extended) (04:06)
03 ELY KOTERO - COME ON BABY LIGHT MY FIRE (extended) (05:19)
04 MIKA LA-DO - LET THE DOG OUT (extended) (04:09)
05 BAZOOKA GIRL - IKE IKE 2009 (extended) (05:03)
06 MARA NELL - HOT GAL (extended) (04:18)
07 NIKITA JR. - LOVE HOTEL (extended) (04:15)
08 LESLIE HAMMOND - SAVE ME (extended) (05:22)
09 DOLLY POP - NIGHT & DAY (extended) (05:18)
10 LAURA VOX - BAD GUNFIRE (extended) (04:07)
11 HI-NRG ALL STARS - RUMIRINGO SUPERSTAR (extended) (04:25)
12 CLAUDIA VIP - DANCING WITH THE FIRE (extended) (04:07)
13 BAZOOKA GIRL - MONEY FUNNY DOLLARS (extended) (05:12)

Come On Baby Light My Fire is quite sweet - a slower BPM track. Let The Dog Out is quite a hyped-up track - not the most coherent or catchy melody, but quite hooky nonetheless.

The Ike Ike 2009 is the same as the Pistol Girl version, only the vocals sound more incoherent and it actually makes the Pistol Girl version actually sound better (still not a patch on the original though).

Bad Gunfire is one of the better tracks here. Laura's vocals remain unpitched and clear, and the synth during the hook is quite a direct and strong brassy tone. I like it! Rumiringo Superstar has a super high-pitched hook line, and quite squeaky vocals, but looking past them I hear quite a cool vocal melody. That final note in the chorus would really hurt to sing live though at that pitch!

Hi-NRG Attack's female compilations never live up to the ones with male tracks (or even mixed ones like ParaPara Cool vol. 5) but there are a couple of reasonably catchy tracks worth checking out here.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 14 Jan 2009, 17:51

It's strange, but so far the only albums I've felt compelled to buy in full are the Oldies Goldies ones - the Para Para Cool and other albums I've only found the odd track I enjoyed!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 14 Jan 2009, 18:51

Samples are better than I expected actually. This compilation doesn't sound quite as well-rounded as The Speed & The Furious or The Trailblazers, but there are definitely some really cool and interesting tracks to check out here as well.

My favorite samples are probably Come On Baby Light My Fire, Let The Dog Out, and Rumiringo Superstar, but the rest isn't any slouch either. A few tracks sound generic and unexciting during the vocal phrases, but the synth hooks are consistently catchy and creative in all the tracks, especially Love Hotel.

I'll definitely pick up these songs once I get the chance. :wink:
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Jan 2009, 20:23

I can't hear them right now but one thing's sure : they learn how to enable selective orders XD. Can finally choose the songs I want and not necessary the whole thing.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 14 Jan 2009, 21:18

Lebon14 wrote: Can finally choose the songs I want and not necessary the whole thing.
They actually started doing that with Oldies Goldies Vol. 6, which was released a while ago.

I really like Rumiringo Superstar, although the ending is kind of repetitive. I don't know why they say "dancing parapara, techno, and eurobeat" because that is pretty redundant :P

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 14 Jan 2009, 21:27

Overall, this album has a pretty good selection. Definitely love Laura Vox's voice :)

Rumiringo Superstar is a lot of fun!

Still, I am waiting for:
Babby One's Let Your Mama Send You Buy the Milk [Hrg-523]
and
Nick Turbo's Mazinkaiser Superstar [HRG-627]
:P

Make it Happen Hi-NRG Attack!
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 14 Jan 2009, 22:52

That Claudia VIP song also seems to be Laura (raspy, distinctly nasal).
Can anyone figure out the Ely Kotero vocalist? Although the singing style resembles Elisabetta/Alice, the vocal tones don't, may be due to vocodering?
Tri-Star - We Are The Teens=?(3?)
This version of Ike Ike does indeed have different vocals, Alice? Did anyone think the Pistol Girl version(Melody?) sounded sappy, stoned, drunk etc.?

euro up north
Eurobeat Fan

Post by euro up north » 14 Jan 2009, 23:57

First of all, Hi-nrg attack has been really prodactive latley after almost a year of silence, except for a few single releases.

Four oldies goldies and a couple of album later, the history is finally complete. It is time for the next step, a faster speed of releasing new and before unheard songs.

The Femaleside of Hi-nrg attack, as well as all eurobeat, is the strong side of the genre.

That combined with tha fact that Hi-nrg attack is an outstanding label, pushes the exptations almost to a to high level...

Well, well, I am a tough judge, when i comes to music. Something many friends of Eurobeat don´t like to much.

Here is my review of Bazooka and friends.

1. Bazooka girl: Bazooka girl grade: 7
This is not a new song. We have heard it from the later part of Euromach. Euromach was a strong compilation. The first ten album is the best I have heard yet from a eurobeat-serie. The later album were not as strong as the first part. Bazooka girl is a more standard euromach-song, but the high level of euromach gives it a high grade totally.
2. Tri-star: We are the Teens grade 7
Tri-star will be remembered for the magic song Ike-Ike. We are the teens is a new, unreleased song. It is a typical Hi-nrg attack song with great turns and the sound is very familiar. The title is in a way very childish. An okey refrain and okey riff. It is nothing above average, but a song that you listen to, but not the strongest part of the album.
3. Ely Kotero: Come on baby light grade 8
A song from the "new" hi-nrg attack with a lower tempo. Ely Kotero who sang the immortal song "Sexy love banana" makes a new good preformance. It is a beutiful song and nice break after two pure euromach-average song. An 8, but an eight closer to seven than nine.
4. Mika La-Do: Let the dog out. grade 6
A rougher song, that remindes of the male-side sound. A little tougher and more dirty. Nice riff that remindes om eurodance from the 90:s, with guitars in the background. The song has moments but not the refrain. So far, the least strong song on the album
5. Bazooka girl: Ike Ike 2009 grade 5
You can never copy a song and be better than the original. That is what the rules of music says. Ike Ike isn´t excepted from that rule. Bazooka Girl has close to always strong songs. But this version and interpretation is not close to Tri-star. There is a lot TV-gamenoice ala early 90:s in the background. And it sounds like noice and the melody is very stiff. This was a mistake...
6. Mara Nell: Hot gal grade 6
One of the real golden artists of Hi-nrg attack. For a while I thought Nell never had a bad moment. Renegado, Red Ferrari, Back to the melody in the history. All of them magic moments.
But the newer song, that has been released just a year ago, is not as strong as many of her early songs. The sound is familiar, but the melody and refrain is not strong enough. I have heard the song before and I was a little bit disapointed. Maybe because Nell spoiled us so much before.
7. Nikita Jr: Love Hotel grade 7
Nikita is also strong artist in attack. Here is a brand new song. I really love that everything is so familiar with all the artist. Love Hotel is a beutiful song with a strong refrain, but I don´t really like the riff. But after Mara Nells average song, this is a relive. A very strong seven.
8. Leslie Hammond grade 8
Move into the night and I belong to you is songs that is fullgrades. This song feels a little slower, but it is a good song. A nice new release and Hammond is a shadowartist, that would have more songs.
9. Dolly Pop: Night and day grade 8
I like the name. Dolly is very much pop. The classic Night and day is very good song among many strong songs in the history for Pop. This makes you happy and you can easy feel the happy vibes from the magic euromach-time, when this song were represented. One of the best songs on the late euromach.
10. Laura Vox: Bad gunfire grade 7
A title like that turns down the expectations. It is a common type of title - on the maleside. And the title send out signals that it is a simple refrain. But the rif and the solo is very hi-nrg attack from old-school. But the refrain is very simple.
11. Hi-nrg all stars: Rumiringu grade 5
The refrain is almost a cover of something else. At the moment i don´t remember what song, but it is a worse version of a song. And the refrain has lower tones and it is a very average eurobeat-song. Even for Hi-nrg attack
12. Claudia Vip: Dancing with my fire grade 6
A very good verse and an opening that is very promesing. But everything fades out the closer you comes to the refrain.
The refrain is boring. The verse of classic Hi-nrg attack sound can´t save a high grade. Close to seven. Great to here a new song from Vip.
13. Bazooka Girl money funny dollars grade 7
A twisty song with cool turns. Bazookas third song on this album. A good song we have heard before.
A little boring that it wasn´t a new release in the final number. Money funny dollars is a pinhole over average.

Final grade: 7

Final thoughts: Of the songs post the euromatch- and aerobeat-era there has been many songs, but few real hits. The sounds, the verses and the catchy twists are still there, but the powerful refrains don´t seem to appear any longer.
Missing the strong refrains from the euromach-era. A song can be good in every way, but without a killer in the refrain, a song can never hit the spot.
There are a few strong moments in this album, and something to play for a while, but only until there is a new release.
Of the new songs Ely Kotero is worth listning to an extra time. Surprisingly the song that has the slow sound.
A good release that makes you dream back to the wonderful euromach-era. Nothing more and nothing less. A good example of warm-up before you load the CD with the real euromachclassics of Hi-nrg attack.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 15 Jan 2009, 00:15

Another album release:

Nick Turbo Va Va Boom

01 Boogaboo - "Bugabuga Chew Chew" (extended mix)
02 Remy Panther - "On The Road Again To The Show" (extended mix)
03 Nick Turbo - "Funky Town Boom Boom" (extended mix)
04 Jungle Bill - "Put Down Your Gun" (extended mix)
05 Garcon - "Dollar Machine" (extended mix)
06 Garcon - "Walk Around The Jungle" (extended mix)
07 Boogaboo - "What Rocket Do You Want" (extended mix)
08 Cy-Ro - "Hi-Speed Mania" (extended mix)
09 Garcon - "Pistol Man" (extended mix)
10 Garcon - "City Is Burning" (extended mix)
11 Nick Turbo - "Cha La La Fire" (extended mix)
12 Joe Banana - "Tom Tom Sex Bomb Killer" (extended mix)
13 Joe D Toaster - "Sex Gun" (extended mix)

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 15 Jan 2009, 00:18

A Nick Turbo album with only two Nick Turbo alias tracks? :P

(Waah no Mazinkaiser Superstar?!)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 15 Jan 2009, 00:19

Bah at the samples not working yet :( I want to hear Tom Tom Sex Bomb Killer :P

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 15 Jan 2009, 02:25

more generally, it's a Nick Festari album.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 15 Jan 2009, 02:35

^
Thank you captian obvious

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 15 Jan 2009, 03:42

Woaaaaaaaaaaaah... thank god they didn't put Bazooka Girls version of Ike Ike on 193.... It's horrendous!!!
Last edited by Nine on 15 Jan 2009, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 15 Jan 2009, 03:56

And HRG just sunk to a new low with their album covers.

My face literally went >< (or a close approximation) upon seeing that HORRENDOUS Bazooka girl cover.