Recent songs you like from labels you aren't fond of!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Recent songs you like from labels you aren't fond of!

Post by zoupzuop2 » 18 Jan 2009, 23:44

Let's face it. We all have the labels we dislike, regardless of how vocal we are about it. And, like everyone else, we all have those tracks that we like to listen to from them that are pretty recent. They're the ones that you keep quiet when you debate that label's quality.

Let the skeletons be cleared from the closet!

I've been a little rough on SAIFAM, SinclaireStyle and GGM. However, I enjoy the following recent tunes:

SAIFAM:
*Kiss Me Divine: Yeah, it wasn't exactly original, but it had a lot of heart for the usual SAIFAM fare. It struck me as if Mark Farina were dedicating the song to Gino Caria.
*Speedy Car: It's THIS kind of SAIFAM production I truly love. The energy is practically spilling out the seams, and it blew my head off my neck when I heard it the first time!
*Black UFO: Basically like above, but it's nice to hear someone other than Mauro tossing their talent into the fray. I have yet to hear a production quite like this from Blast.

SinclaireStyle:
*Move On Now Baby: After a somewhat disappointing "Let's Go Wild", Roberta Grana really surprised me with some great vocal work, and Bratt Sinclaire really used that harder synth riff that really adds some well-needed thickness to his soundworlds. A great production from SS.
*Flame and Fire: Still such a cute little production~! The synth riff wasn't exactly traditional... but it was DEFINITELY a welcome change from the previous "Power of Loving You" synth sound choice!
*Too Young to Fall in Love: Yes, the background vocals grate. That said, Sinclaire really hit back on the harder-sounding productions that made him a force to be reckoned with before the 160's (and even a few moments back then, too). Gino Caria wouldn't be disappointed.

Go Go's Music:
*Run Away: This track just had a bit more "oomph" in it than usual, and Leo's vocals are very well suited for the genre. He really does post-hardcore? His throat seems fine though! Good effort all around.
*Gas Gas Gas: Yeah, it's old, but it was a good example of how the soundworlds at GGM can be used for good instead of <strike>evil</strike> boring. Manuel delivered his usual high-quality work in this one, too.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 19 Jan 2009, 00:30

(edit)
:x
Last edited by valiant on 19 Jan 2009, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 19 Jan 2009, 00:36

valiant wrote:What is with all these hate topics?! :-x

I hate this, this label sucks, etc...

Wow
Apparently this thread is mistitled! :P
ImageImage

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 19 Jan 2009, 00:46

Wow isn't my face red for misreading it.

:P

sorry zoup
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 19 Jan 2009, 07:22

valiant wrote:Wow isn't my face red for misreading it.

:P

sorry zoup
It's all good. Actually, the purpose of the thread was to deflate some of the hate.
I'm sure that even some of the truest 'haters' of a given label, artist or whatever can find a few songs of theirs they enjoy; I.E, if someone hated SCP, perhaps they'd have a few songs they enjoyed that happened to be from SCP.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 19 Jan 2009, 09:13

I tend to focus on certain elements or idiosyncracies of each label that I dislike, rather than denegrate the label in its entirety.

For instance, I love GGM's male productions, but their female ones are often bland and uninteresting, especially when clumped together on the SEB series. And nobody can escape my intense antipathy for HRG's females, but I tend to enjoy most HRG male performances. These are just a few examples.

Nevertheless, I'll give it a try:

GO GO'S MUSIC

MARI-SAN / SECRET DESTINATION (SEB187): This was the last GGM female track I can say I really enjoyed. Actually, I'm not too crazy about the trance vibe in eurobeat productions, but it works nicely here. Backed up by a strong and unique vocal effort, this is a staple GGM production and a shining example of their best work.

ESTER / NEVER GONNA GIVE UP (SEB184): The second-to-last female GGM track I really liked, which was a year ago sadly. The production stands out from the monotony of most recent GGM female productions due to the fresh sounds and new vocalist.

HI-NRG ATTACK

TRI-STAR / SEF DELUXE (SEB192): "The real treasure on the album. It's pleasing to note that HRG did not ruin Castellari's vocals as usual; she sounds amazing, and HRG needs to take advantage of her natural pitch more often. Dare I say, this may be the best HRG female production I've ever listened to. It's not as whacky or crazy as some may have expected, but I'm delighted it turned out that way. Incredible work!" (Part of my review of SEB192)

NIKITA JR. / HAPPY SNAPPY VALENTINE (SEB184): This may surprise all of you. HRG often just pitches the female vocalists for the sake of it, but with this production, there was some relevance. The hyper vocals suited the song's theme well, and it's one HRG female production I'll surely come back to in the future.
zoupzuop2 wrote:*Too Young to Fall in Love: Yes, the background vocals grate. That said, Sinclaire really hit back on the harder-sounding productions that made him a force to be reckoned with before the 160's (and even a few moments back then, too). Gino Caria wouldn't be disappointed.
When I read your review in the SEB 193 thread, I was going to reply to you saying we must be listening to an entirely different song. Where are the harder sounds!? I thought the synths were even lighter than 'Let's Go Wild!' (and trust me, that's weak).

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 19 Jan 2009, 09:31

Hi NRG Attack

Run & Run (188)
Tokyo Strike Force (186)

I only liked 2 songs from HRG since 181 but anyways, Yeah.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania